learn more

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yic17

Yic, I dont want you to be under the impression that I am not open-minded...I simply don't see the viability that the cover-up is nearly as widespread or as hushed as the conspiracy world would have us believe.

I think absolutely ANYTHING at all is possible, the universe is filled with possibility....I suggest however, that physics and science has to come into play when we research subject matter.

That, and people toss around terms like "irrefutable" and "proof" and "documented" and "peer reviewed" as flippantly as if they were simple adjectives without using them in the context for which they were meant. Just that this ill regard for such things also has to be taken into account when assessing whether or not we, as people should believe something or not, or even give it further consideration.

But, indeed you bring up some valid points, that we sometimes view things egocentrically and I certainly couldn't argue that at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

No worries. I don't think you are close-minded at all. I have read many of your posts and I think you are one of the more open-minded people in here =)

My post was not directed at anyone specifically. It was just my personal belief and knowledge about human beings in general (of today) after years of study on psychology and the human mind. I was simply trying to share my perspective to remind people to stay open to things beyond what we know and believe.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
i realize sometimes there are "people" who criticizes or names other "dumbs, religious, fanatics, etc" but come on.. there are a lot that even provoke laughs... they are too fanatic to grey topics, too fanatic to say we have 500 alien species livinghere, etc...

sometimes you forget that "contacted" people is -weirdly, strangely, OBVIOUSLY- awkward people.. why never pics? why never contact tsetimonies more than what some 15 year old boy says, just what a 40 year old man says... come on be a little more focused, and dont look like the grey fanatic (this is for all these people criticizing the ownerof the topic).

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

You just have to ask yourself, "why all of a sudden the MSM is reporting all these UFO" Not laughing and making fun of it. Even saying they believe in UFOs. One National News saying that there have been over 200 sightings every month since Jan, 2011. Also News channels doing little articiles on the subject.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Ernest Borgnine doesn't write me back or return my calls, therefore HE doesn't exist.
WTF???
Are you serious? Did you really think that thru?
I have faith that you are not that stupid and you were just joking.
If someone doesn't contact you then they don't exist???

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Aliens....A topic I've seen on a lot of forums.....
(I've seen a UFO, or I've seen aliens) We have all heard this right..........
So I'm not going to say they Exist....I've seen ET....bla bla bla...
But hold up....There are aliens on earth...When a meteorite hits earth...
It has microorganisms on it...Ladies and Gentlemen...We do have aliens on earth...
Thank you... thank you, Your to kind....Sorry...But its true.....
Now about the big green Aliens ah...There is something out there...
We are not the only living creatures... Yes I said Creatures....
Humans what is a human..mmmm a word we made up...What really are we....
Do you know....NOPE.......

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by yic17

The problem I have is not what you believe. But how little knowledge you have in the matter yet you sound like you know everything.

Actually, I used to believe as you do. I used to believe as most people here on ats do that Roswell was indeed an alien event, that the government was indeed hiding the truth. But then i grew up.. I know everything there is to know about your side of the debate. All the apparent smoking guns, all the claims made, everything.

Don't you think if any claims of ufology were in any state true, that those claims would't be debunked as hoax's EVERY SINGLE TIME? That there'd be some substantial validity?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It's really funny when debunkers say you can't say an ancient picture of an alien or UFO isn't an alien or UFO. That's like saying the gazelles they drew are not really gazelles. Or that the woman in the Mona Lisa painting isn't neccessarily a woman.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by taoistguy
It's really funny when debunkers say you can't say an ancient picture of an alien or UFO isn't an alien or UFO. That's like saying the gazelles they drew are not really gazelles. Or that the woman in the Mona Lisa painting isn't neccessarily a woman.

Yes that is quite funny, isn't it? With all of the mounds of evidence and eye witness testimony, not to mention the photos, videos of ET craft, Aliens are as real as the nose on your face. The ones who say they don't exist just have their heads in the sand, and refuse to take them out. And sad to say, the majority of these are brainwashed Christians. What a world we live in.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Why?

Because I'm curious as to what you base your thesis or opinion on?

Most people shooting off their mouth have not done their research.

They sit there smuggly and rattle off opinons they have no basis for.

The reason the human race, particularly in America is in the mess we are in is because most people watch TV, read newspapers and consider themselves "informed".

They watch Dancing With The Stars vs The Senate and Congressional Channels.

They play video games, plug into ipods and yak endlessly on their cell phones glued to their ears.

I have probably read an average, low estimate of close to 1,000 books on the alien / UFO subject.

Just curious, list the books you have read on any serious subject in just the past year, that is all I am asking.

Knowledge protects.

Ignorance endangers.

Start with The Cosmic War by Joseph P. Farrell.

A simple challenge, you do read don't you?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Because I'm curious as to what you base your thesis or opinion on?

I base my opinions on the assertion that I am allowed to actually have one. Opinions are personal space, as such no justification is necessary to have them.

Most people shooting off their mouth have not done their research.

Opinions also do not require research necessarily, they only require having them.

They sit there smuggly and rattle off opinons they have no basis for.

Opinions do not need a basis to have them. (this is getting old)

The reason the human race, particularly in America is in the mess we are in is because most people watch TV, read newspapers and consider themselves "informed".

So what are you suggesting, that TV doesnt cut the mustard, reading doesn't cut the mustard, that the ONLY real source for obtaining proper and real truth and knowledge is by acquiescing to what it is ofhumandescent has to say on ATS?

They watch Dancing With The Stars vs The Senate and Congressional Channels.

Do they? I wouldn't know.

They play video games, plug into ipods and yak endlessly on their cell phones glued to their ears.

So are you suggesting HERE that an iPod or a cell phone can't be a reliable source for information?

I have probably read an average, low estimate of close to 1,000 books on the alien / UFO subject.

Are these the pseudo credentials you were hoping to inform the readership of? Congratulations, now we are well informed of how much reading you do.

Just curious, list the books you have read on any serious subject in just the past year, that is all I am asking.

Again, why would I have to, to form an opinion of what I believe? (it's still getting old) Suffice it to say, I absolutely could do so, but I'm being obstinate as you are apparently SUCH a closed-minded individual that enumerating any source of my leisure reading isn't worth my time to you....posting to tell you about my disdain for your one-sided views though, I do not consider a waste of my time.

Knowledge protects.

Ignorance endangers.

Start with The Cosmic War by Joseph P. Farrell.

A simple challenge, you do read don't you?

So I guess you consider yourself to be the knowledge and anyone else the ignorant then do you?

Please, do not try impress myself or others with what you believe to be some superiority by being able to spout off the name of a book that may or may not enlighten anyone reading it.

My opinion was and IS, that Extraterrestrial Life exists, but is at an equal disadvantage that we are at....we simply can NOT reach each other... I do NOT have to read your list of what are
obviously a library of UFOlogy to form MY opinion.... so I challenge YOU, instead, to let others have their opinions separate from your own.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

There is not enough evidence to prove aliens have not contacted us just as there is no evidence to prove aliens have. However the fact there has been cover ups in cases involving aliens and UFOs make me believe aliens have been visiting us.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

Simple analogy is about right apart from the fact that there is indicative evidence throughout the last 3000 years.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yes it is right and good you have your very own opinion...............but opinion not based on research and facts is not logical in my book.

Was just curious as to what you based your opinion on.

A proud heart and closed mind gathers no knowledge..........OHD

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

...........but opinion not based on research and facts is not logical in my book.

It could be illogical, but if an opinion without research comes to the same conclusions as all the science that supports fact, then it actually is either a stroke of good luck OR becomes logical.

A proud heart and closed mind gathers no knowledge..........OHD

I have neither a proud heart OR a closed mind... simply because I don't wish to disclose (or prove anything to anyone) what resources may or may not have had any influence on opinions I have formed, does not equate to what you have said. Just a long winded way of saying that opinions, mine or otherwise don't need to be justified to anyone at all. Now, were I stating fact that my opinion has to be taken as law, I would say absolutely I need to qualify that, or shut up.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yes but on the history channel, It was proven that the signals don't even make it to alpha centuria, the nearest star to us.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by yic17

The problem I have is not what you believe. But how little knowledge you have in the matter yet you sound like you know everything.

Actually, I used to believe as you do. I used to believe as most people here on ats do that Roswell was indeed an alien event, that the government was indeed hiding the truth. But then i grew up.. I know everything there is to know about your side of the debate. All the apparent smoking guns, all the claims made, everything.

Don't you think if any claims of ufology were in any state true, that those claims would't be debunked as hoax's EVERY SINGLE TIME? That there'd be some substantial validity?

Well, I'm glad to know that you have some knowledge on UFOs & ETs. But sounds to me that you have stopped at some point. And just so you know, while you may think you know a lot - it doesn't mean you know all of it. From reading conversations between you and others - It seems to me that you don't have much knowledge about the recent UFO/ET events. And I have to say, there are a lot of new info regarding this topic coming out recently. I would just recommend you to be open to the possibility and be open to learn new stuff on the matter.

Now to answer your question < Don't you think if any claims of ufology were in any state true, that those claims would't be debunked as hoax's EVERY SINGLE TIME? That there'd be some substantial validity? >

I don't know how you come to the conclusion that all the claims have been debunked as hoax. Because from what I have learned, while there is the government trying to cover up labeling everything hoax, at the same time, the evidence points to the other direction. I don't think they have everything debunked yet. They tried - but the debunk claims do not make sense to what actually happened. I don't have all the details in my mind right now. But I remember a few things didn't make sense such as the timeline, the reports, and the actions they took that went against their claims.

What I remember (faintly from memory) is that the government first said it's flying saucers, then immediately the next day, they changed and said it was only weather balloons. BUT they ordered high security to bring this supposed "weather balloons" into a government scientific facility to examine the "weather balloons". This just didn't make any sense. If they're simply weather balloons, why would they order high security to guard this thing and bring it to examine? They never explained this part. Their actions went against their words.

And just quickly to say again why every time they are debunked as hoax - from what I have heard in an interview - a whistle blower said that the government spent a huge amount of money to cover up this issue.

I don't know if you follow any UFO news online. But EVERY TIME there is an UFO news, the NEXT DAY there is another one to DEBUNK it. It just doesn't make any sense to me. WHY would so many news companies spend their time just to DEBUNK all these UFO sightings? These news companies did not write about the UFO sightings but ONLY the DEBUNKING. I mean to me this is insane. If they don't believe in UFOs, why don't they just leave those news alone? Why do they have to spend their time and resource to debunk them? Yet they weren't even interested to write when the sightings happened. And I'm not talking about only the major sightings. I am talking about all these SMALL INSIGNIFICANT sightings posted by some local news company. Next day, there goes another company writing a debunk news. Seriously, you simply cannot NOT think that SOMEONE is paying these news companies to cover up anything related to UFOs/ETs.

Again, I cannot prove anything either. All I am saying is using my own intuition and logic - many things I read just don't make sense to me. It seems like the government's actions contradict with their words.

Now, we are talking about the U.S. government. You do know that many other governments have already released their document archives on UFOs? Then why the U.S. government always chooses to stay silent on the issue when asked?

Anyways, I think disclosure is going to happen very soon. I am not going to argue with you if you believe differently. We'll just wait and see.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I'm glad you're here to guide as all....hahahahahahahahah.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
andre18- How do you think where Hollywood got all their ideas about making flying saucer and space alien movies? I believe, most of Hollywood's producer's would tell you that since the early 1950's they all recieved some of their idea's, from real evidence about flying saucer and space alien encounter's. For example: The Day the Earth Stood Still. Have you seen the first or both movies? The first one was the best.

I recommend a book: The Report on Unidentified Flying Object's, by one of the member's of Project Blue Book: Captain Edward J. Ruppelt

You can't believe everything you see or hear. But you have to think positive, and with luck, when you're in the right time, and the right place; you just might see an other-worldly craft.

Erno86
edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: added a few words
edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: typo
edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: typo
edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto
edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto
edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Wow! In order for such a statement to be sensible, one would have to infer/claim that he had knowledge of all science and technology in existence in the world!! ..

Or, you could just plot a timeline of technology in the last century and look for any particular advancements indicating a jump, too bad there isn't one or your argument might have had some weight to it.
edit on 21-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join