It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't want to support this theory of a relatively small comet causing Massive Earthquakes, and I fear I might come off that way... so I just wanted to state that outright... and add this before I start what I intended to write; I have a gravity simulator which is (as far as I have tested at least) highly accurate when it comes to large objects in the solar system (planets, hundreds of moons, a few comets, etc) and there are dozens if not hundreds of alignments in the past 200 years with no (recorded) major quakes.

However, what I wanted to mention before I sidetracked myself is that all of your beautiful gravity calculations are essentially moot because there is no law stating that the interactions during an alignment are gravitational. Even if they were related to gravity, I'll accept those calculations when you can adequately fit them to a medium sized galaxy. But but but... we're not on a galactic scale in the solar system!!! Dark matter is cheating until you can tell me what it is too... and since LISA was cancelled I can spew comments about gravitational waves and the lensing of said waves by planet sized objects... ok, just wanted to get that off my chest because I both enjoy and hate speculative conjecture.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by weedwhacker

since you didn't like my other comment, i'll reiterate with more than one line.

you got owned

most of the world will go down the drain before comet elenin gets here. the economy is going to collapse, there will be more earthquakes, tsunamis, and eventually hurricanes. radiation levels will continue to increase around the world.

this is going to happen all before the end of the year. if i'm wrong i'll freely admit it and you can slander me all you wish. but sadly, i'm not wrong. even if i wanted to say "i told you so" the internet won't be around because people will be trying to pay for simple food with massively inflated currency.

we have a little less than 8 years before god comes back.
(though i think most of us will wish we didn't live in these times, its going to suck) my main goal is that people who read this will know the signs before they happen. i'm not trolling, playing games, or lying. all i ask is that you remember what i said, because when it starts happening, you'll know what it means.

things to look for (the order isn't clear, but they will happen before the year is over):

1) the pope fleeing the vatican over dead bodies

2) a spacestation crashing to earth

3) japan sinking (as will other places)

you don't even have to believe me! just remember what i've said, and when things start happening, believe in the living god.

some news about the pope excevated body ? www.... godlikeproductions

.com/forum1/message1466565/pg1#24187279

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoinquirer

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by weedwhacker

since you didn't like my other comment, i'll reiterate with more than one line.

you got owned

most of the world will go down the drain before comet elenin gets here. the economy is going to collapse, there will be more earthquakes, tsunamis, and eventually hurricanes. radiation levels will continue to increase around the world.

this is going to happen all before the end of the year. if i'm wrong i'll freely admit it and you can slander me all you wish. but sadly, i'm not wrong. even if i wanted to say "i told you so" the internet won't be around because people will be trying to pay for simple food with massively inflated currency.

we have a little less than 8 years before god comes back.
(though i think most of us will wish we didn't live in these times, its going to suck) my main goal is that people who read this will know the signs before they happen. i'm not trolling, playing games, or lying. all i ask is that you remember what i said, because when it starts happening, you'll know what it means.

things to look for (the order isn't clear, but they will happen before the year is over):

1) the pope fleeing the vatican over dead bodies

2) a spacestation crashing to earth

3) japan sinking (as will other places)

you don't even have to believe me! just remember what i've said, and when things start happening, believe in the living god.

some news about the pope excevated body ? www.... godlikeproductions

.com/forum1/message1466565/pg1#24187279

Beatification. Part of the canonization process.

Have you heard of it?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

i meant freshly dead bodies. it will happen later in the year. people will attempt to kill him, and hes gonna flee over the dead bodies of priests and cardinals and ministers..you get the picture. its hard to piece together the events in chronological order, so i'm not sure if the three days of darkness come first, or if the pope flees first.

Just before his death, Pius had another vision. "I have seen one of my successors, of the SAME NAME, who was fleeing over the dead bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some HIDING PLACE; but after a brief respite, he will die a cruel death.

it is interesting to note, that prediction has come half true, and was made before the current pope was born, 97 years ago. he and the current pope (the last pope according to malachy) have the same name. "joseph" freaky, eh?

"What I have seen is terrifying! Will I be the one, or will it be a successor? What is certain is that the Pope will leave ROME and, in leaving the Vatican, he will pass over the dead bodies of his priests!" He then cautioned the witnesses, "Do not tell anyone of this while I am alive."

also from pius X

Before the comet comes, many nations, the good excepted, will be scourged by want and famine. The Great Nation in the ocean that is inhabited by people of different tribes and descent will be devastated by earthquake, storm, and tidal wave. It will be divided and, in great part, submerged

St. Hildegard

read over some of the links www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Thanks, I got my dates confused.... sun alignment probably worse than closest...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Been reading this thread with interest.

Now I have seen the simulations of just how close this 'thing' is going to get but there is something I have to ask, may be obvious but I don't know so have to ask.

Does the trajectory take in to account just what alignment it will be. Meaning all the images etc. I have seen show trajectory from above i.e looking down on our solar system. I know that not everything that's travelling at great velocity in our Galaxy is in exact alignment with the earth and I don't just mean looking down on the flightpath so to speak but also looking side on.

I am having trouble explaining what I mean so have made this quick drawing to hopefully illustrate it:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6eddf7f74cf.png[/atsimg]
(Please excuse the dodgy drawing by the way)

If not (which I have a feeling the projections have) how will this effect things when its close?

Hope this makes sense but sorry for the silly question if it doesn't make sense!
edit on 29-4-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

If you are wondering if the comet will cross the earth's orbital plane yes it will, but when it does it will be about 1.8 AU away, that's approximately 167, 400,000 miles away, or roughly as far away as Jupiter, and the comet has the mass of roughly 0.00000000002% of Jupiter.

When Elenin makes its closest approach, about 23,000,000 miles away, roughly half the distance to Venus, it is actually way ahead of earth in its orbit, but looking from above, (where most trajectory maps draw the path), it appears that the comet passes earth's path much after its closest approach, but looking along the orbital axis, one sees its way above the earths orbit. This might be where some confusion comes from, the inclination to the earth's orbital plane is not considered when some folks look at the trajectory.

The NASA JPL small body orbit interactive maps are an excellent source to view this, and in fact the world's only source that I can find so far.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here is Elenin's orbit, remember you can tilt, rotate, and zoom all of the viewpoints, and it gives you the dates and distance in numbers as you advance the orbital path.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

I haven't seen another source do this without linking to this data.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

That's a great explanation. Thanks buddy. Seems a little clearer now, just one of those questions I find myself asking and you answered it perfectly

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Maybe related to sun activity, coronal mass ejections or solar flares occurring. Look at the sun's activity three days prior to the communications event.

Daily Sunspot Summaries
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
E.L.E.N.I.N. is nothing but code and a warning for the Elitists and PTB. It stands for Extinction Level Event Niburu Is Near. All I know is I will be heading out of Houston and away from the New Madrid Fault line at the end of September. Better safe than sorry, I say. I hope it's just a comet, but a comet wouldn't already be causing earthquakes on our planet every time it aligns with us and the sun... especially this far out. The closer it gets, the worse they get. I hope for all of our sake this is just another passing comet, but I get the feeling this could be the one.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I guess this falls under the Brookings report, you know, wait until it happens then tell the folks, yeah, we (gov.) knew this was coming but we didn't want to freak you guys out so we kept silent !

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by my3911
E.L.E.N.I.N. is nothing but code and a warning for the Elitists and PTB. It stands for Extinction Level Event Niburu Is Near. All I know is I will be heading out of Houston and away from the New Madrid Fault line at the end of September. Better safe than sorry, I say. I hope it's just a comet, but a comet wouldn't already be causing earthquakes on our planet every time it aligns with us and the sun... especially this far out. The closer it gets, the worse they get. I hope for all of our sake this is just another passing comet, but I get the feeling this could be the one.

Um, okay.

Going by that hypothesis, and using that laughable paper as a 'source', how about the 1965 8.7 quake in Alaska, which the writer claims Elenin caused?

In 1965, it was over 70 AU from us. Explain that, please.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Here is Elenin's orbit, remember you can tilt, rotate, and zoom all of the viewpoints, and it gives you the dates and distance in numbers as you advance the orbital path.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

I haven't seen another source do this without linking to this data.

This is ridiculous, so this "comet" is just going to change direction, drastically to co-incide with Earths orbit, color me skeptical.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

....so this "comet" is just going to change direction....

It's called the "Perihelion of Orbit". It is gravity, and orbital mechanics. The EARTH (and everything orbiting the Sun) changes direction too....all the time.

www.windows2universe.org...

Please! Can we all demand that Science education be brought back into our school systems???

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

According to data provided on Comet Elenin, on two separate alignments or oppositions where the earth was at the center of both alignments, two massive earthquakes did occur . On September 4, 2010, during the other second of three alignments while the Sun was at the center of the alignment, the Christchurch earthquake occurred. The largest earthquakes occur when Earth is at the center of the alignments with Comet Elenin.

During three consecutive alignments with Comet Elenin three large earthquakes all occurred, and two of these earthquakes were the two largest on record for each year they occurred and such large earthquakes 8.0 and up, only happen on average once per year. People have asserted that the Japan 9.0 quake was manmade by nuclear bombs or triggered by HAARP rays. It most likely was triggered by solar events, especially since on March 10-12, 2011 we had a prolonged G2 geomagnetic storm occurring in addition to numerous solar flare activity in the days preceeding the earthquake. Source: spaceobs.org...-4325

Info on solar activity, Comet Elenin alignments, and USGS earthquake activity:

03/14/11: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun, Solar flare M class
03/12/11: Solar Storm… 6.5 Japan
03/11/11: Solar Storm… 9.0 Japan
03/10/11: Solar Storm… 5.4 China
03/09/11: Solar flare X Class… 7.2 Japan
09/05/10: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… 7.1 New Zealand 2 days prior
09/03/10: Earth-Merc-Sun alignment
08/27/10: Solar Disturbances from 8/23: plus 8/25 Solar Storm
02/27/10: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… 8.8 Maule, Chile
02/16/10: Solar Disturbance this day and pay prior
08/28/09: C/2010 X1 aligns Sun-Earth… 7.0 Java, Indonesia on 09/02
02/21/09: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… 7.0 Kermadec Islands on 2/18
08/22/08: C/2010 X1 aligns Sun-Earth… 6.0 China – Myanmar day prior
02/19/08: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… 7.4 Indonesia next day
09/02/07: 7.2 Santa Cruz Islands
08/22/07: C/2010 X1 aligns Sun-Earth thru 8/23… no close event
08/15/07: 8.0 Peru
03/06/07: 6.4 Sumatra, Indonesia
02/16/07: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… no close event
01/21/07: 7.5 Molucca Sea
08/20/06: C/2010 X1 aligns Sun-Earth… 7.0 Scotia Sea, S. America
02/22/06: 7.0 Mozambique
02/15/06: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… 5.3 Sikkim, India day prior
08/18/05: C/2010 X1 aligns Sun-Earth… 7.2 Japan two days prior
02/22/05: 6.4 Zarand, Iran
02/14/05: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… no close event
02/05/05: 7.1 Celebes Sea
08/17/04: C/2010 X1 aligns Sun-Earth… no close event
08/11/04: 5.5 Eastern Turkey
08/10/04: 6.0 Afghanistan and 5.1 China
08/09/04: Solar flare plus Hurricane Charley thru to 08/15
02/16/04: 5.2 Sumatra, Indonesia
02/13/04: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… 5.5 Pakistan next day
02/07/04: 7.3 Papua, Indonesia plus a 7.0 Papua two days prior
08/21/03: 7.2 New Zealand plus a planetary alignment
08/17/03: C/2010 X1 aligns Sun-Earth… quake 4 days later
08/16/02: C/2010 X1 aligns Sun-Earth… 7.6 Fiji Islands 3 days later
02/12/02: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… 5.4 Southern Iran 5 days later
08/21/01: 7.0 New Zealand
08/15/01: C/2010 X1 aligns Sun-Earth
08/09/01: 5.5 Peru
02/12/01: C/2010 X1 aligns Earth-Sun… 7.4 Sumatra and 6.6 El Salvador next day"

Seismic and weather activity may be affected or caused by solar activity. Solar flares and magnetic storms belong to a set of phenomena known collectively as “space weather”. Technological systems and the activities of modern civilization can be affected by changing space-weather conditions. However, it has never been demonstrated that there is a causal relationship between space weather and earthquakes. Indeed, over the course of the Sun’s 11-year variable cycle, the occurrence of flares and magnetic storms waxes and wanes, but earthquakes occur without any such 11-year variability. Since earthquakes are driven by processes in the Earth’s interior, they would occur even if solar flares and magnetic storms were to somehow cease occurring.

Objects in space may cause coronal mass ejections, solar flares and solar storms. The near earth objects for 2011 and 2012 are greater than past years with similar activity occurring 11,600 to 12,000 years ago. Its odd that C/2010 X1/Elenin took 10 years to travel from pluto all the way to the asteroid belt. If this comet is having such a great influence on earth’s global quakes, wouldn’t the mass of the comet be much much greater. Jupiter at a closest approach of 3.95AU would need to be about 106x more massive than it is to pull on the Earth with the same force as the moon at a close approach of about 357,000km. Jupiter is 25,839x more massive than the moon, but 1,655x further.

Math: (3.95AU / 357,000km)^2 / (1.8986E+27 / 7.3477E+22) = 106. Phil Plait (PhD) wrote “even mighty Jupiter, king of the planets, only pulls about 0.01 (= 1%) as hard as the Moon does”
www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oh damn. I am sorry but every time I visit this website, almost every time, I see people screaming about Planet X. Numbers, charts, YouTube videos, books, and calculations. Every time the same recipe. And every time nothing happens. The last one I remember that scared the # out of me and the one that made me STOP thinking again about this proven hoax, is the March, 15 pole shift thread(s). Lots and lots and lots of # about Planet X and the pole shift:

*facebook shutdown?
*HAARP shutdown because of...
*Govt. PDF's about pole shift?
*End of the world March, 15
*Obama Shuts Down Power Plants Coast To Coast. Planned Crisis? March 15 2011 ?
*Female caller from Alex Jones show

March 15 passed and nothing happened you guys. And now again I come and find this? It makes me feel like all these hoaxes are made by one guy sitting on his computer to have some fun and he's like on a bet with his friends or something: how many times will he mention the same topic and get some people to actually believe?

I gotta say, the guy's on a huge streak.
edit on 30-4-2011 by TheAlmo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAlmo

The pole did shift on March 11th. It was on mainstream news. The question is: Did the earthquake cause the pole shift or did the pole shift cause the earthquake?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jsfad

This is a great collection of information on the alignments! Thanks for putting this together jsfad! Would you mind if I use this for my information packet? I'll be handing this along with other detailed information to my family and friends that live near the coasts around August. That way they can make their own decisions and I don't have to feel any guilt if this all comes about in September and they don't leave. Thanks again! Cheers!
edit on 1-5-2011 by my3911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Please!

Before you run off, and scare your friends and neighbors with the above poster's so-called "alignments" information....(eye/roll)....stop and think....and read this excellent analysis by Illustronic, from one page back:

The tidal force is much like gravity, but it drops with the cube of the distance. This makes it much less important in our case! Say you double the distance to an object. Its tidal force on the Earth drops by 2 x 2 x 2=8. If you increase its distance by a factor of ten, the tidal force drops by 10 x 10 x 10=1000! So tides are in fact much weaker than gravity.

The masses are in units of 10^22 kilograms (the Earth masses 6x10^24 kilograms, or 600 on this scale), and the distances in millions of kilometers. By the way, I used the distances of closest approach to the Earth to maximize the effect. Realistically, the force will be smaller than what is listed.

Now the numbers.
Planet__Mass (10^22 kg)___Distance___Gravity (Moon=1)___Tides( Moon=1)
Mercury________33______________92__________0.00008___________0.0000003
Venus_________490_____________42___________0.006_____________0.00005
Mars__________64______________80___________0.0002____________0.000001
Jupiter______200,000___________630___________0.01______________0.000006
Saturn______57,000___________1280___________0.0007____________0.0000002
Uranus______8,700____________2720___________0.00002___________0.000000003
Neptune_____10,000___________4354___________0.00001___________0.000000001
Pluto_________~1_____________5764___________0.0000000006______0.00000000000004
Moon_________7.4____________0.384___________1.0_______________1.0

Right away you can see that even mighty Jupiter, king of the planets, only pulls about 0.01 (= 1%) as hard as the Moon does (just to show how I did this, Jupiter masses 27,000 times the Moon, but is 1640 times farther away. The square of 1640 is about 2.7 million, and 27,000/2.7 million=0.01). Venus is next, with only 0.6 % of the Moon's force. After that, the numbers drop a lot. The total pull of all the planets combined is 0.017, not even 2% of the Moon's pull!

This tiny, tiny comet and the nonsense of any "alignment" can NOT affect us, gravitationally!!!

If the logic still escapes you....I don't know how else to explain it. Try this: Pick any Asteroid you wish, out there beyond the orbit of Mars....always on orbit, just like the other planets, as we all 'circle' around the Sun. Some of those Asteroids are bigger than Elenin! But, like the comet, they are still too small, and too far away....always, always, always will be....to affect the Earth, in any way whatsoever.

edit on 1 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join