It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

lanl.arxiv.org...
Astronomical Allignments As The Cause Of M6 plus Seismicity
You realize that anyone can post an article to the arXiv system, right? That "paper" has no more validity than any post here.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by NyxOne

everyone realizes you're a disinfo agent.

for the sake of everyone else, i will explain. the quote from the buzzroom adds validity to what i said. taking the whole thing down over one comment that disagreed with the official numbers? the video itself had been up awhile, the comment is what got it shut down. nasa is scared.

Okay, keep thinking that. Adjust your tinfoil hat, too, it's a little askew, last I checked.

And, uh, as I recall, no, the NASA buzzroom was not immediately shut down after that comment, and when it was, it was for entirely different reasons.

But you just keep thinking a completely insignificant little comet that would have gotten absolutely no attention were it not for Elenin's last name is going to wreak havoc on us, and that it's a brown dwarf, somehow, despite both not being as bright as Jupiter, especially when it's a mere 2 AU from our Sun, and when it isn't ripping planets out of orbits.

Buy more tinfoil today! Cheap, affordable prices!

Actually Mr. I claim to know more than anyone else, the NASA buzzroom was shut down over a comment on the size of Elenin. From the outside looking in your trying really hard to discredit the thread and insult the OP. Since you are really no one how the heck do you know what's happening in space? Perhaps you should learn about our planet's repeated ancient history, and perhaps you should pay more attention to the environment around you. I get it, you don't believe him, so why don't you just go to another thread then? Maybe you can ask Weedwhacker if you can join him in trying to derail any chemtrail threads that pop up...you two could really change the world together.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

lanl.arxiv.org...
You realize that anyone can post an article to the arXiv system, right? That "paper" has no more validity than any post here.

I am curious why you feel that this has no validity? How did you come to this conclusion?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
When Elenin gets closer will we be able to tell that it will hit us? I would assume that it would be huge in the sky without a tail because it's heading our way.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo

lanl.arxiv.org...

I am curious why you feel that this has no validity? How did you come to this conclusion?
I didn't say no validity. I said no more validity than any post in this forum. The papers there are not peer reviewed. They are not necessarily accepted into any scientific journal for publication. They have gone through no required vetting process. Some people might look at such a paper, see it appears to be "professional" looking and "scientific" sounding, and see it associated with the Cornell University and LANL names and attribute a certain authority to it of which it might be undeserving.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by NyxOne

for the sake of everyone else, i will explain. the quote from the buzzroom adds validity to what i said. taking the whole thing down over one comment that disagreed with the official numbers? the video itself had been up awhile, the comment is what got it shut down. nasa is scared.

Okay, keep thinking that. Adjust your tinfoil hat, too, it's a little askew, last I checked.

And, uh, as I recall, no, the NASA buzzroom was not immediately shut down after that comment, and when it was, it was for entirely different reasons.

But you just keep thinking a completely insignificant little comet that would have gotten absolutely no attention were it not for Elenin's last name is going to wreak havoc on us, and that it's a brown dwarf, somehow, despite both not being as bright as Jupiter, especially when it's a mere 2 AU from our Sun, and when it isn't ripping planets out of orbits.

Actually Mr. I claim to know more than anyone else, the NASA buzzroom was shut down over a comment on the size of Elenin. From the outside looking in your trying really hard to discredit the thread and insult the OP. Since you are really no one how the heck do you know what's happening in space? Perhaps you should learn about our planet's repeated ancient history, and perhaps you should pay more attention to the environment around you. I get it, you don't believe him, so why don't you just go to another thread then? Maybe you can ask Weedwhacker if you can join him in trying to derail any chemtrail threads that pop up...you two could really change the world together.

Let me guess. By 'ancient history', you mean magical 3,600 year cycles invented by a fraud, right?

And, uh, no, it wasn't. Because it wasn't shut down immediately after the comment was made, or on the same day.

Work on that snark, and purchase more tin foil.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
When Elenin gets closer will we be able to tell that it will hit us? I would assume that it would be huge in the sky without a tail because it's heading our way.
We can already tell that it will not hit us. In fact, it will be nearly as far away as Venus is at it's closest point to Earth.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

on spaceobs.com mr. elenin released something very similar. he linked planetary alignments with a bunch of earthquakes, and at the bottom he said "make up your own mind". the link is somewhere in this thread i believe, forgive me for not digging it out. it would probably be easier to search on his site.

and yes, if comet elenin is going to come close enough to harm the spacestation or earth, we will see it. thats why i keep telling everyone to wait and watch. as for seeing the tail, i'd say we probably would because its so large.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

So you believe Comet Elenin is going to hit the ISS? move along troll

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by nataylor

on spaceobs.com mr. elenin released something very similar. he linked planetary alignments with a bunch of earthquakes, and at the bottom he said "make up your own mind". the link is somewhere in this thread i believe, forgive me for not digging it out. it would probably be easier to search on his site.

and yes, if comet elenin is going to come close enough to harm the spacestation or earth, we will see it. thats why i keep telling everyone to wait and watch. as for seeing the tail, i'd say we probably would because its so large.
Actually, Mr. Elenin showed that while there were earthquakes that happened while there was sorta, kinda, somewhat a 2D alignment, there were a whole lotta earthquakes when there was nothing close to an alignment.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Whether it hits us or not, i find it intriguing. I'll find it interesting through my little scope.Do I trust a government agency..No. I find it very odd that a amateur astronomer found this comet versus any National government agency, whether U.S., China, Russia, Rome?
We do not really know enough about our universe to exactly define much, a lot is just theory.
Just as evolution. No one can prove the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid even with some evidence, but still not conclusive.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Whether it hits us or not, i find it intriguing. I'll find it interesting through my little scope.Do I trust a government agency..No. I find it very odd that a amateur astronomer found this comet versus any National government agency, whether U.S., China, Russia, Rome?
We do not really know enough about our universe to exactly define much, a lot is just theory.
Just as evolution. No one can prove the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid even with some evidence, but still not conclusive.

...Um.

Amateurs are responsible for finding several comets.

Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp were amateurs. Kaoru Ikeya and Yuji Hyakutake were amateurs. David Levy is an amateur. All the countless comets discovered every single year, listed on the small-bodies database, are, more often than not, discovered by amateurs.

Point is rendered null and void.
edit on 27-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

reply to post by NyxOne

Let me guess. By 'ancient history', you mean magical 3,600 year cycles invented by a fraud, right?

And, uh, no, it wasn't. Because it wasn't shut down immediately after the comment was made, or on the same day.

Work on that snark, and purchase more tin foil.

Your the expert you tell me, again other than rambling words, how is ancient history invented by fraud? What facts can you pull together to show me that "ancient history" is fraud? Good luck with that. My point was you have no idea why the NASA buzzroom was shut down, and I have no need to purchase tin foil. This is however the second time you mentioned this tin foil thing, I am beginning to think you are selling tin foil on the side. Im not interested in buying your tin foil ok? Hows that for snark....?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

lanl.arxiv.org...

I didn't say no validity. I said no more validity than any post in this forum. The papers there are not peer reviewed. They are not necessarily accepted into any scientific journal for publication. They have gone through no required vetting process. Some people might look at such a paper, see it appears to be "professional" looking and "scientific" sounding, and see it associated with the Cornell University and LANL names and attribute a certain authority to it of which it might be undeserving.

Thank you for the explanation but you did originally say "that paper had no more validity than any post here". So what you are saying is your statement about the "paper" having no validity has no validity, thanks I got it now.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

lanl.arxiv.org...

Nataylor How do you suppose these ridiculous claims get so many Stars and Flags! I think its quite Ridiculous this thread has so many stars and Flags after what i saw in the First post by the OP why hasn't this been moved to the skunk works yet.

Elenin hitting ISS are you serious OP? You know they manoeuver the ISS whenever its has a possiblility to collide with debris around Earth. This Thread is ridiculous and should be in Skunk works that is all.

If Comet Elenin Was going to Hit Earth yes i could see why they might not be telling the public since i'm not an astronomer i can't investigate the situation myself. But i doubt its going to hit the ISS this claim is just insanity at the least.

Nataylor i think me and you know why this thread gets so many Flags because all those people have no idea how ridiculous it is to claim that the ISS is going to get hit by comet Elenin
edit on 28-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

lanl.arxiv.org...

Nataylor How do you suppose these ridiculous claims get so many Stars and Flags! I think its quite Ridiculous this thread has so many stars and Flags after what i saw in the First post by the OP why hasn't this been moved to the skunk works yet.

Elenin hitting ISS are you serious OP? You know they manoeuver the ISS whenever its has a possiblility to collide with debris around Earth. This Thread is ridiculous and should be in Skunk works that is all.

If Comet Elenin Was going to Hit Earth yes i could see why they might not be telling the public since i'm not an astronomer i can't investigate the situation myself. But i doubt its going to hit the ISS this claim is just insanity at the least.

Nataylor i think me and you know why this thread gets so many Flags because all those people have no idea how ridiculous it is to claim that the ISS is going to get hit by comet Elenin
edit on 28-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

I think its quite ridiculous that you post on this thread demanding that it get put in Skunk works. Who made you judge and jury? You said it yourself, your not an astronomer who can't investigate yourself yet you know that nothing will hit the ISS? How do you know this? I am glad you doubt it will happen, how about this, I doubt that you know what you are talking about. Who cares about stars and flags, this is a forum with a thread where people discuss issues, at any time you can go to another thread if you don't like this one. Stop claiming how ridiculous you think things are, why don't you provide something other than your opinion to show why you feel this way.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The last I knew about Elenin there was concern of it breaking apart when it changes course around the sun. Perihelion?

If it breaks apart it will likely change course - or parts will.

In other words, they have no idea how close it will come when all is said and done.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

You obviously didn't read my post. I have nothing to say to you. Read it again i guess because i said I'm not an astronomer and i said they manoeuver the ISS whenever its in threat of colliding with Debris around Earth. So how is Comet Elenin Going to hit the ISS.

Obvious Trolls Need to learn common sense.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hey... I noticed another issue on N.E.O. activitiy arising right after comet Elenin's pass, which I posted a new thread about:

The Comet Elenin's Near Miss; Then along came Asteroid 2005 YU55...

Take a look and speculate the possibility of a cometary/ asteroidal collision - is it possible? has anyone calculated the intersecting trajectories of these two objects yet?!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

"these are my calculations, but I've revised the 0.24AU's down to 0.0004617 AU's on 21.42pm 16th Oct 2011 (pretty god dam close!)"

so is gonna be closer than the moon?
the distance of the earth from the moon is 0.00257 isn't it?

0.00257 > 0.0004617

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join