It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

Yeah, never mind that all the people who aren't in NASA who are observing this object have noticed no massive deviation in the orbital path. And that the 43,000 miles 'calculation' is a crock of bull, but whatever

Where is your proof that the 43,000 mile's is a crock of bull?
edit on 15-4-2011 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

Because it was some guy mentioning Laura Knight-Jadczyk as a main source, and she's a well-known fraud and a liar.

And it's the buzzroom. NASA did not manage that, they never did. Anyone could post anything there without actual backing.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

Sparking the fears of Minister Serdyukov, he says in this report, is that based upon the new orbit calculations for Comet Elenin, it appears in “all likelihood” that this celestial object is under some type of “intelligent control” and will approach our Earth “much closer” than originally thought this coming fall season.

He's a russian defence minister. does that help my credibility?

www.eutimes.net...

Except that story originally comes from Sorcha Faal, who quotes no actual sources.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
My Prediction

The comet will not hit Earth and all those associated with the doomsaying will conveniently forget they had anything to do with it and go mysteriously quiet... until they start screaming about the sky falling when another comet in our solar system is discovered.

I also find it extremely humorous how the Nibiru crowd are consistently moving the goal posts. One minute it was the twelfth planet (ala Sitchin), then it became a brown dwarf, then it became a cloaked brown dwarf because it should be visible if true, it's been sun-dogs and lense flares.. and now, by god, it's a comet!!!

Do these people ever stand back and honestly look at what clowns they have become, being more a source of amusement than anything else. What stupefying nonsense with they descend into next?

IRM

edit on 15/4/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

So true and isnt it time this thread got moved to prophecy and predictions folder????

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I would just like to point out here, no one seems to remember the Shoemaker Levy comet.....at the time, the "experts" and "scientists" at NASA stated AS A FACT that it was going to "pass close to Jupiter', and as it approached, the comet broke up and hit Jupiter dead on!

Anyone remember this? I sure do.

Problem here is, mainstream science refuses to acknowledge the electrical factors in all this. The Sun is NOT a huge ball of nuclear fusion, all observations prove that wrong, starting with the corona temperature that INCREASES as it gets further away. A ball of "fusion" could not do that, temperatures obviously would drop moving away, right? Also, the acceleration of charged particles in the "solar wind" as they move away from the Sun. What is accelerating them? And since when is a flow of charged particles NOT known as an electric current? I could go on and on.

Also, the Deep Impact probe proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the "dirty snowball" theory is WRONG. A comet is NOT a ball of ice. This calls into question, what is the tail, if it is not the ice sublimating as it gets nearer the Sun? Think of the Earth's magnetosphere, a comet tail is the same thing on a smaller scale, indicating electricity.

So what, you ask? Well, this is a long period comet. It is approaching from far further away than any comet that has been seen in human history, as far as we know. This means it is coming from an area of extreme negative charge. The reason comets glow, form a coma and a tail, is the eccentric orbit they are on. The planets are all in steady orbits, maintaining the same charge as they orbit. Comets are not. There's the rub.

It has been observed, the Sun will tend to "flare" out at a comet as it approaches. Astronomers are baffled by this, as usual. When this highly negatively charged body approaches, the positive anode which is the Sun will tend to basically arc towards it, in effect shooting giant bolts of lightning, on a scale you cannot imagine. It has been observed to happen before.

This comet has been building up charge for over 3000 years. That's a lot more than Halley's comet, or any other one seen in our lifetimes. Each time it aligns with any of the planets and the Sun, well, arcs tend to happen. Last alignment was the same day as the Japan earthquake. What if it comes real close to the Earth, and then the Sun "flares" out at it? It won't be pretty. We are talking end of the world basically. There does not need to be any impact.

The fact that the media is not mentioning the comet AT ALL should worry you. Why are they silent on it? Why would NASA be keeping mum on the whole thing? Even without taking the electrical factors into account, which they don't, do you really think they would say anything if they thought there was even a chance of it impacting the Earth? Of course not. It would help nothing, merely cause major panic. All the sheeple running around like chickens with their heads cut off would just cause chaos, and make NO difference. Might as well keep mum about it, and see what happens. If it hits, we ALL die. If not, they can spin it any way they like after the fact. If you think there will be anyone left at NASA to yell at, or anyone to yell at them, you are wrong. DUH.

Rockefellers heading to Tibet, Chinese and Russians building hundreds of underground bases on rush schedules, well these all point at SOMETHING wicked this way comes. What can we do about it? NOTHING.

The guy who said he's gonna start drinking Nov 1st is the only one making any sense here. Nothing else will make any difference, at least he can go out drunk and happy.
edit on 15-4-2011 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

Maybe they're 'keeping mum' because it's utterly insignificant?

We were never aligned with the blasted comet to begin with. It's 2.4 million miles above us.

Last I checked, India was not Tibet, either.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Questions:

The 1st one is my favorite:

Why the silence?
edit on 15-4-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Please explain how they hide anything from the Astronomers world wide. Some kind of mysterious device that causes them to be unable to track the comet themselves?

All I see is wild, paranoid speculation based on nothing. I'm struggling to understand the end of the world crowd. I suspect it's an endorphin high, similar to a runners high.

The OP just tried to use an article by Sorcha Faal for evidence. Come on, get real. People making statements based on nothing and then defending them with nothing.
edit on 4/15/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

There is more nonsense just in that one post to pretty much pull this entire thread of nonsense all together into a neat package.

"electrical" Sun....my, word! What a foolsih notion, utterly unsupportable by any real science. Getting "hotter" farther you move away from our central star? Rubbish!

The whole post hinges on that false concept, so it is just blather.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Seems to me that if this comet is heading toward Earth and NASA has its trajectory,speed, and size to 1.5-2miles as well as a time of arrival even the Reagan's "Star Wars" era program would be enough to eliminate the threat much less the technology and defense systems of today. The reason it is not being covered might be because it really does not pose a threat regardless of its angle. One nuke can devastate a 5 mile area making a 2 mile object inconsequential as a threat and as for hitting it they can pinpoint a 3 foot target much less a 2 mile one.

Um, except for the fact that the 5 mile area is not moving toward you at 100K mph (not verified speed) so that changes the dynamics quite a bit.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I would just like to point out here, no one seems to remember the Shoemaker Levy comet.....at the time, the "experts" and "scientists" at NASA stated AS A FACT that it was going to "pass close to Jupiter', and as it approached, the comet broke up and hit Jupiter dead on!
That's a rather drastic rewriting of the story. Shoemaker-Levy 9 was discovered March 24th, 1993. It had already broken up by then, an estimated 8 months prior. By June 1st, 1993, they were already estimating at least some of the fragments would hit Jupiter. No one ever said it was, for sure, going to miss Jupiter.
edit on 15-4-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
reply to post by Nonchalant

This topic seems to contain posts that refer to all the information I've read before, in that whatever it is, it's big, and it won't hit us, but the 'flyby' will affect earth's poles and cause a big time rucka here on earth... and that will be where the earth ceases to be as it is today.

So, somewhere in all this rhetoric and prose there must an element of truth. I mean if you hear enough different snippets of information, and filter them with common sense and objectivity, sometimes you can piece together the picture so it rings true.

I only know what I piece together, as I have no insider to feed me, but it seems something large is approaching somewhere, and it has something to do with 2012, and everything else that's kicking off on this planet... Human uprisings, disharmony, CME's, earthquakes, floods etc., etc.

At least we haven't got long to wait to find out if any of this is true!

The only element of truth in your statement is there is a comet. Its not big as comets go. It wont be close as some comets in the past have been and it wont even give us a very good show. Sorry you will still have to pay your bills after 2012. No getting out of it with an ELE.
The human uprising you speak of? Have been going on since time out of mind. Mankind has always revolted against tyranny. What is different now is we have CNN to bring it to us live as it happens.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by phantomjack

A comet's tail is no threat whatsoever. It is composed of gas, dust, and some small rocks. We pass through them all the time. That is what causes meteor showers.

WRONG!!!

a comets tail or coma can be very dangerous, yes its made up of gas, thats where the problems lye!!

a comets coma as it passes the sun expands dramatically so much so that it can grow BIGGER than the actual sun, and in this coma there can be chemicals such as cyanide for example that if our planet were to pass through could be very dangerous here on earth, if we pass through a coma the size of the sun our whole planet is enveloped in gas and toxic dust, so it does pose a problem.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I think we are saying the same thing....

Second line...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Thunda

I'm very sketchy of all the theories behind this comet, but looking at this does indeed hint to it being pretty close. I didn't realize it went straight through Earths path around the Sun. It may not be planet x, but if we were to get hit by a comet, we're F###ed either way.

No no we're not. First it wont even be close enough to give us a good show. Second, its only 4 km wide (or about 2.5 miles wide) Yes that big enough to do damage. Most of it would burn up upon entry (its ice) Its not enough to eliminate life on the planet. and I'll repeat just so its clear. It wont be close enough to do anything.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

WRONG!!!

Yup...indeed, your entire "worry" about "cyanide" is WRONG!!!

Check your history.....this is exactly what happened in the early 20th century (1910), when Halley came by that time. TINY, TINY amounts of the littlest bits of interesting compounds were discovered to have been in the coma/tail, as the Earth encountered it.

It hurt NO ONE! (Unless there were some ignorant fools who panicked.....like the "Heaven's Gate" incident, with the Hale-Bopp comet some years ago).

AND, a lot of hucksters, frauds and shysters made money off the gullible ignorance, too...selling "remedies" to "protect" people from the comet's tail and gases..... PT Barnum was right, about suckers being born every minute.....

Interesting article (commentary)...this is how it opens:

Whether you like it or not, there are a lot of gullible people in the world. It is truly amazing what people will believe. But, what's worse, it is upsetting how many people are out there who try and take advantage of those people. Now I am not going to spend my time addressing all the lies people are falling for on an everyday basis, but I would like to address something that particularly bugs me.

Comet Hysteria and the Millennium

(Seems it was written just before the 21st century began...part of THAT OTHER "hysteria"....).

ADD: Here, so you don't have to search for it, the description of events of Halley's Comet, in 1910:

As Halley's Comet approached the sun in 1910, astronomers announced that Earth would actually pass through the tail of this comet during May of that year. They assured everyone that our planet was safe and suggested the possibility of some spectacular sunsets. Meanwhile, the doomsayers latched onto a potential link: if comets contain a poisonous gas and if Earth is going to pass through the comet's tail, then the people of Earth were in serious danger. Numerous newspapers actually published this story. Astronomers countered by saying the material in the tail was so spread out that there could be no ill affects, but few newspapers published this accurate information. Interestingly, a minor panic arose in some cities and entrepreneurs took advantage of it. They sold "comet pills" which were said to counter the effects of the poisonous gas. The pills sold like crazy. On May 20, after Earth had passed through the tail, everyone who had taken the pills was still alive...but, then, so was everyone else.

edit on 15 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I am a new member but a long time follower. I just came across this "Ask an Astrobiologist" on the NASA site. The question is about comet Elenin, and the answer mentions ATS, and states

"Unfortunately there are a few popular websites that are known for suggesting multiple catastrophes, including popularizing the 2012 hoax. Two that show up in any search for “Comet Elenin” are godlikeproductions and abovetopsecret, both of which predict either a very close pass by Earth or a collision. If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth"

HAHAHAHAH

Wikipedia is not at all a dependable site in my opinion.....especially compared to the people on this site that actually do there re-search and what not. Anyways tho i found it a funny read and though the rest of you should take a look.

here is the link:

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Thank You All and sorry if this was not part of this topic....

link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
My Prediction

The comet will not hit Earth and all those associated with the doomsaying will conveniently forget they had anything to do with it and go mysteriously quiet... until they start screaming about the sky falling when another comet in our solar system is discovered.

well going by its tragectory i think its a safe assumption that elenin will interact with earth some way, wether it be us passing through its tail /coma although i doubt a direct hit

I also find it extremely humorous how the Nibiru crowd are consistently moving the goal posts. One minute it was the twelfth planet (ala Sitchin), then it became a brown dwarf, then it became a cloaked brown dwarf because it should be visible if true, it's been sun-dogs and lense flares.. and now, by god, it's a comet!!!

lets not be carnaptious here, the 12th planet could be a brown dwarf , secondly a brown dwarf doesnt need to be cloaked, they are stealthy as they can only be seen with infra-red telescopes, it has NOT been sun dogs and lense flares, they have been just that ..sundogs and lense flares, what we are seeing is a comet so please save the wise remarks for elswhere.

Do these people ever stand back and honestly look at what clowns they have become, being more a source of amusement than anything else. What stupefying nonsense with they descend into next?

u act like brown dwarfs dont exist with this remark...if brown dwarfs exist then why cant nibiru? anything out there could be nibiru, we name the stars and planets dont we? stop being so bloody rude!

IRM

edit on 15/4/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

So true and isnt it time this thread got moved to prophecy and predictions folder????

link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by CaptChaos

There is more nonsense just in that one post to pretty much pull this entire thread of nonsense all together into a neat package.

"electrical" Sun....my, word! What a foolsih notion, utterly unsupportable by any real science. Getting "hotter" farther you move away from our central star? Rubbish!

The whole post hinges on that false concept, so it is just blather.

Really? My word, old chap, you are simply FULL of rubbish today. You obviously know NOTHING about the Sun. Here are the FACTS:

In the chromosphere, at 500 kilometers above the surface, the coldest temperature exists: 4400 Kelvin. At the top of the chromosphere, 2200 kilometers up, the temperature rises to about 20,000 Kelvin. It then jumps by hundreds of thousands of Kelvin, slowly continuing to rise, eventually reaching 2 million Kelvin in the corona. The Sun's reverse temperature gradient agrees with the glow discharge model, but contradicts the idea of nuclear fusion energy trying to escape from within the Sun.

The discovery that a "solar wind" escapes the Sun at between 400 and 700 kilometers per second was a surprise for the nuclear theory. In a gravity-driven Universe, the Sun's heat and radiation pressure are insufficient to explain how the particles of the solar wind accelerate past Venus, Earth and the rest of the planets. Since they are not rocket powered particles, no one expected such acceleration.

link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
a comets coma as it passes the sun expands dramatically so much so that it can grow BIGGER than the actual sun,
Right, and because the very small volume of gas expands to fill an absolutely huge volume, it means it is very diffuse. It would have fewer molecules per unit volume in it than the best laboratory vacuum we can create here on Earth. In other words, there's not very much there. So there's nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

as i said. mods can feel free to remove all my stars, flags, and points.

You keep saying this, knowing full well that they won't. It's just rhetoric.

And what is the function of rhetoric? To persuade that something is true when there is little - or no - basis for it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RLP4883

Originally posted by Skippy1138
I don't profess to have any answers- but my gut feeling is just screaming that something is coming soon and at an Extinction Level.It really seems like there is a HUGE coverup going on.Most likely to avoid mass panic..........
I believe this statement is true, there is obviously a huge cover up under way. What is it about this "little" comet that has them scared?
That's what I would like to know,out of all the supposed comets and asteroids flying by our planet why did they pick this one to name?why the silence?If it poses no threat why aren't they(nasa)talking about it?Nasa was showing the supposed trajectory and now nothing?.....
......what do they think we are going to think?.....??

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join