It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I have been thinking pretty much along the same lines as you.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I'm getting really tired of saying this. Tyche has not been found. It is a hypothetical planet whose existence is supported by the two scientists who created the hypothesis. So far it has not turned up in the WISE data. IRAS found nothing within our solar system. It found nine young, ultra-luminous galaxies and an infrared cirrus. Even a five minute google search will bring you to the scientific journal article the 1983 newspaper articles were based on, as well as the two follow-up articles rleased in 1985 and 1987 where the mytery object were identified. There is no evidence for another planet in our solar system, especially not one that is on an elliptical orbit that brings it into the orbit of the inner planets.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Below is from Sky and Telescopes online magazine as of 15 minutes ago . High noon , April 15th . This is the most highly respected worldwide astronomy publication there is .

So-So Prospects for Comet EleninLast December, comet-lovers got a bit of an adrenaline rush when they learned that a new object, Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), might reach naked-eye brightness a week or so after it reaches perihelion on September 10th.

It's still early in the game, but reports from visual and photographic observers over the past few weeks have tempered expectations somewhat.

Those looking for Comet Elenin by eye have found it elusive. Only two observers — Jakub Koukal, using a 9½-inch (24-cm) reflector in the Czech Republic; and Juan José González Suárez, using an 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain in Spain — feel certain they glimpsed it by eye in early April. But it was a no-show for comet-hunter Alan Hale, who had a larger telescope at a pitch-black site 7200 feet (2200 m) up.

Another consideration is that the visual estimates (magnitude 15.3 and 14.9, respectively) are at odds with CCD observations suggesting something no brighter than magnitude 16. Such differences would make sense if Comet Elenin were somewhat diffuse, but everyone agrees that it's strongly condensed and almost stellar in appearance.

Koukal and González are veteran observers who carefully checked their sightings against faint nearby stars. Even so, former S&T columnist John Bortle, who's watched comets come and go for more than 50 years, is skeptical of visual sightings made at the hairy edge of a telescope's capability. "I can cite many instances of 'positive' observations turning out to be spurious, even when made by experienced observers," he notes.

For now, who can or can't see it doesn't matter much, as the interloper is still heading inward and won't get seriously worked up for several months. But the comet cognoscenti have already started calling it "intrinsically faint," and it's becoming clear that hopes for a nice eyeball-easy showing have dimmed considerably.

Best guesstimates now suggest that Comet Elenin's total brightness might peak near magnitude 6 in mid-September — a nice binocular object — presuming that it survives its dash through perihelion just 45 million miles (0.48 astronomical unit) from the Sun.

Meanwhile, you have my permission to ignore or refute any of the wacky postings about the supposed danger posed by Comet Elenin. All this nonsense seems to have started back in January, when edge-of-reality blogger Laura Knight Jadczyk made provocative warnings — all based on information from a member of her research team who's "an astronomer at a large observatory". (Yea, right.) It's not even worth giving you a link to her ramblings.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by boondock-saint

Comet Elenin is only about 4 - 6 kilometers in diameter.

edit on 15 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Comet Elenin continues to increase in size!!
"It’s diameter exceeds 1 minute of arc, or 80,000 km!"

t.co...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rttw00

The diameter of the comets coma, not the actual comet itself.
Two totally different things.
Not to mention it's another blog using a photo of an all together different comet and calling it Elenin.
That is not a photo of comet Elenin.
edit on 15-4-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

No worries ... on the morning of 911 the ISS was suppose to be over the horn of africa... just after the towers fell we see it was over NYC... ? so no danger unless they want it in danger.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
It's really very funny... ran a search, just for the term Comet Elenin over at JPL and got a return of 0.

I Guess JPL, who normally has ALOT to say, about ALOT of things, has nothing to say relating to Comet Elenin. Really, very funny....

Wow I just tried that and yep no results. I also notice the information being pulled from the web and youtube.With enough people interested hopefully we will be able to find out the truth before its too late.

Well, hate to rain on your paranoia but I had no problem finding it on JPL.....

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov.../2010X1

EDIT: Well, I am copying and pasting the page url from JPL site but when I do, the link above does not work from this site although I clearly have it open in another window on the JPL site??? Very weird...will try to resolve for you.

edit on 15-4-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Bob,. do you have anything else to present?
your statement is looking pretty weak at this point.
Bob,.
it would seem you have some splanin to do
Bob..... hello....are we in danger of ISS swiss cheeze?
or are our legs now longer??
BOB...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buskey

Originally posted by Gerizo

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
It's really very funny... ran a search, just for the term Comet Elenin over at JPL and got a return of 0.

I Guess JPL, who normally has ALOT to say, about ALOT of things, has nothing to say relating to Comet Elenin. Really, very funny....

Wow I just tried that and yep no results. I also notice the information being pulled from the web and youtube.With enough people interested hopefully we will be able to find out the truth before its too late.

Well, hate to rain on your paranoia but I had no problem finding it on JPL.....

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov.../2010X1

EDIT: Well, I am copying and pasting the page url from JPL site but when I do, the link above does not work from this site although I clearly have it open in another window on the JPL site??? Very weird...will try to resolve for you.

Update: Well, I found another site that has a thread on this as well and there is a link in there to the Elenin info on JPL which works but when I copy and past the url here it does not work, nor does any search on JPL. Don't want to link to the other thread as it is a site that is not well liked here - if you search on GLP you will find it.

Yeah, this is pretty weird for sure, that the info is on JPL but you can't get to it....WTH??

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I mostly read and don't post often, but this has become a dizzying array of "information." There are a number of posts with good info and links to legit sites, thank God, and these back up my own search for information. Of course, there are those who will claim the information is just disinfo, but really, do you think that millions of amateur astronomers around the world could be controlled by TPTB? Give me a break.

I just have to say that I am beyond tired of and frustrated by the hype that builds up via youtube and the myriad of doomsday sites out there, complete with predictions of dates that events are going to happen. Then the event, whatever it was, passes, in this case the comet, and the dates go by with the predictions unfulfilled, and all the noise fades into the background, drowned out by the latest, greatest bandwagon. Seriously, are we not more intelligent than this?

I used to be amused by a lot of this, then became a bit disgusted, now I'm just fricking sick of it and pissed off. There have been so many fights in my house over these types of claims, and really it has almost derailed my marriage, because I tend to be very skeptical and try to find information, not to just "debunk" but to determine what may be truth or bunk. And there's a hell of a lot of bunk.

"just venting"

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I wonder if all these spy satellites and the unmanned space vehicle has anything to do with any of this.
Apparently there has been at least 6 missions sent up in the last 6 months,
the most more then in 20 years.
www.space.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

What research have you done on the subject? I have a friend conected to NASA Astonomers, He said
That Elenin is akin to Nemesis, but that is all he has said about it so far. For someone that has only been on ATS 1 month, and you are trying to dictate over someone elses ideas. This site is not about getting Flags and Stars.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been mentioned, At certain distances impact is not required for cataclysmic results.
At such close approaches a factor called "Roche's Limit"
www.thefreedictionary.com...
comes into play. It would seem if this were a large object tidal influence would be as catastrophic as impact.
Interesting find which we will not have to wait long to see prove itself out. S&F

link   
Put 'http://' in your browser and then paste this after it...then try.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C/2010%20X1

Edit: Cool, just tried this and it worked!
edit on 15-4-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

link   
This appears to be another joke on the populace.

Tyche, Nibiru, Comet E, or the Betelgeuse supernova?

Whatever it is, it will show it's head before 2012. Right in time to usher the human herd off the surface of Earth before the ascension process begins... If you think these are all vague references to a technological planetoid, you are correct.

No need to fuss, enjoy your time and see what comes...
edit on 15-4-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
Just a thought...

Is this why it seems like America is being dismantled? It's like they're trying to pilfer as much money out of the system before ditching.

One could get that impression anyhow

Very interesting thought. Yeah, I'd say that is the case. And, let's take it one step further. Not only are the elite/wealthy/uber-rich scraping up every dollar they can, tantamount to jerking a slice of pizza from a person's mouth, they are in a fevered contest to see who can get the most, the more ruthless, the better apparently. They aren't even trying to mask it anymore. "Too big to fail" was about as blatant as it gets.

Everything points to a clandestine contest of sorts. Let's say the winners are the 1,000 richest of the group... ...because there are only 1,000 seats left for those of that crowd. The top 1,000 scroungers win seats for themselves and up to four guests of their choice (family, friends, whores, etc.). They get to bring 2 to 4 guests with them, or sell extra seats for favors or whatever they want to do. Maybe give up seats for extra weight for personal property, paintings they have to have with them, sculptures, CD collection, gold, whatever.

It's like buying or winning seats on those modern arks from the "2012" movie.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

Let me give it a try and see if I can get a hyperlink to work.

JPL - Elenin

EDIT: There we go. My problem was that the URL did not have http:// when I copied it so I added it when typing in the URL, but when I went to edit my post it had two http://'s.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

He's talking about alignments and stuff but I am more concerned about the alignment occuring on May 21, 2011. You should take a look and let me know what you think. I still think Harold Kamping is a nut though lol

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I feel exactly the same way.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
Do you have a source. Some sort of proof of the updated trajectory. Your word of mouth just won't cut it around here

ATS really makes me laugh......lol...lol...lol.....They say " I don't believe word of mouth"...well, what in the hell do you think you would be getting if he linked to another source? Another "word of mouth".... This is all your gonna get anywhere....It all boils down to one opinion over another...There is NO one TRUE source of info...You either believe or you do not....There is no such thing as 1 person having all the truth and everyone must go to him for the truth...ANYONE can and will lie....You have to use your brain, if you still have one, and discern the truth for yourself.....If Elenin hits us and your some what prepared much the better maybe for you.. and hopefully you may survive it..If it hits and your laying there watching 'American Idol" you'll get what you deserve......Mindless people make great puppets and slaves....

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join