It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I gave you a link to his site. you can ask him a question. He does respond

link   
reply to post by Feltrick

As I have been reading through this thread, a thought came to mind with your statement:

I mean if I had info that the world was being lied to about an "Extinction Level Event" AND I was an expert in the field AND I was positive it was going to happen, the last place I would post the info would be here.

I can understand your sentiment. Allow me to ask a question in return:

If you and your family were guaranteed a space in a secure underground bunker and all you had to do is keep quiet about what you knew and you had friends you were concerned about, what would you do? Perhaps hint to the truth quietly to a friend so your friend would be able to plan ahead?

Just wondering.

Be Well

link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

First off can you give me evidence that this comet has a 3600 year orbit. I have seen 10,000 up to 600,000 year orbit, but no 3600 year orbit. In fact someone posted an article stating that this is the comet's first pass for the solar system.

As for Google Sky, it is not a live feed. Those pictures are from years ago. Therefore, Elenin will not be labeled. I'd even be surprised if you could see something as small as Elenin on Google Sky. As for Leonid Elenin, plenty of people have been in contact with him. There are members on here who have emailed him and received responses. He also runs a blog where he is constantly posting updates on the comet. There's even a link on here where he gave an interview in Russia.

Now, why isn't the media talking about the comet? Because it is no different from the other hundred odd comets discovered every year. Swift-Tutlle is a large comet that produces the most famous of all meteor showers, the Perseids. Shoemaker-Levy 9 impacted Jupiter, something that had never been witnessed before. That is why these comets are big deals. Elenin on the other hand is a small, dim comet that no one alive will ever see again. The only ones making a big deal about it are conspiracy theorists.

I can give you the same amount of evidence of a 3600 year orbit as you can a, what, 10,000 OR 600,000 year orbit. Which is it? You give me two different hypothesis, I give you one. Which one is more likely? Your two, or my (and others) one?

What you say is all true. Yet, if my theory is correct, Leonid Elenin is a front name that was used and this comet has been known to man since the late 70's when NASA first announced the existence of Planet X, then went silent about it.

So you are basing your conclusion on a fact that may not be a fact at all. You are assuming that Elenin is in fact a new discovery, when I say it is not. Therefore, Google Sky would have all the reason in the world to hide it, regardless if it is real time. And yes, I know Google Sky is not real time, geesh. I am not an idiot bro.

Plenty of people have emailed Leonid. Yet, not one TV interview that I know of or can find? Can anyone find me some live interviews?

And, if you forgot, this is in fact a Conspiracy Board. That's why you, me, and everyone in the sound of my voice is here reading this. Again, GEESH.

Well, you see, there's the problem.

These are Elenin's current coordinates.

2011 04 15 10 54 06.1 +05 24 03

The coordinates of the infamous 'patch', not the only one, mind, are 5 53 27 -06 10 58.

Nowhere near it.

Elenin has also never been close to that area, and never will be close.

Oops.

link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

And, if you forgot, this is in fact a Conspiracy Board. That's why you, me, and everyone in the sound of my voice is here reading this. Again, GEESH.

This board is a space exploration board.
edit on 15-4-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
Just a thought...

Is this why it seems like America is being dismantled? It's like they're trying to pilfer as much money out of the system before ditching.

One could get that impression anyhow

Now.. That would be worth a new thread.
Or have someone already started a thread like that???

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So... They are worried about a needle hitting a needle from a billion miles away - not to mention they are both moving needles. And, the space station would have to be on the EXACT part of it's own orbit around the earth while the comet would have to be precisely effected by both the Earth's and the Moon's gravity at just the absolutely precise times and angles. Hell, scientists often aren't sure whether an asteroid or comet will hit the earth or not.

I don't think so.
hoax

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Am I missing something?

How has this thread got 99 flags, c'mon ATSer's we are more wary than this aren't we. Im sorry OP but I just can't trust you, your thread reminds me of one of those "Dying NASA scientist" videos on youtube. I'm not saying your lying, its just without sources I can't verify this myself.

I will agree that there is an air of mystery surrounding Elenin, especially with the comets discoverer. I mean where is he???

I don't know whats going to happen with this strange comet but I guess i'll find out soon.

ALS

On another thought, if we are to believe that Elenin is 3-5 km then how can it be a global killer. Doesn't an asteriod/Comet need to be hundred of miles wide to cause an ELE.

ALS

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RockCreekMan
Can someone kindly tell me why we can't see it in the night sky yet? People are saying this thing is 4 times the size of Jupiter - yet where is it? Surely it would be visible by now if it were coming close to earth by October. Any thoughts would be appreciated?

It is because it is not 4 times the size of Jupiter.
It is only 2 km ( around 1.5 miles ).
It have a magnitude of 14.9 so you need a good telescope to see it.
In September it will be magnitude 6 , then you will be able to see it with binoculars.

Sky & Telecope, Elenin

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
You are welcome and I did notice that it would be above earths orbit,
but could spread out both above and below the earths orbital plane?

It is possible the tail will spread (the tail shown in the video is just for illustration - there's no way of know its size that far in the future). The tail will be most dense centered along the imaginary line that extends from the center of the sun through the center of the comet. The density of the tail will fall off exponentially the further you get from that line. At the time the tail is pointed at Earth, which will be September 26th, Elenin will be 0.3831 AU (57,000,000 km) away, and the imaginary line will be passing 1,800,000 km above the Earth. That means that if the Earth passes through any of the tail, it will be so diffuse that it will be practically unnoticeable.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Haven't read through all 9 pages so I don't know if this was brought up or not, but I was under the impression that they were able to move the space station from one orbit to another in the event of danger to avoid possible space object collisions such as this. I thought they did this in response to an incident just last week ...Am I wrong?

If not, they have plenty of time to prepare and react to this particular collision threat ...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Doesn't an asteriod/Comet need to be hundred of miles wide to cause an ELE.

I looked that up....using the asteroid from ~65,000,000 years ago.....the "dinosaur extinction" impact in (what is now) the Yucatan Peninsula. They estimate that object in the ~10 km diameter range.

(And, this assumes, I would think, a very dense object....a comet, if less dense, would have lesser impact probably. Speed matters too....rate of closure of the two bodies....angle of impact too, I would presume...etc.)

And, well....it didn't "kill" the Earth....caused extinctions, but due to the climate changes. Localized, violent disruptive weather patterns....and probably isolated... but lasting long enough to disrupt food sources, and reproduction of many species. Yet.....

Reptiles adapted.....they are still around, yes? "Dinosaurs" are still around too, actually....we just call them "birds" today.

AND mammals. They thrived...... Etc.....

edit on 15 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by Flyzoid

The title does say, "you are being lied to" without specifying the who which is being referred to.

I am going to agree with your exact statement. Its mostly a gut feeling, but lately it seems as though things aren't fitting.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I can't wait until November, as everyone finds out this mighty Titanic hurls by as another unnoticed rubber ducky invisible to the naked eye and effecting nothing.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
please watch my video on my take about comet elenin. www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

My hypotheses are based on orbital mechanics. Yours is based on nothing. Meaning it is not a hypothesis. Due to the comet's highly eccentric orbit it is tough to determine an exact orbital period. As nataylor has pointed out Elenin has an eccentricity of greater than 1, meaning there is a high possibility of it being ejected from the solar system after this pass, which is now being stated that this is also its first pass.

As for Leonid Elenin, you also have no proof that he doesn't exist. I have shown that he is in contact with the public and that he has given at least one interview. Furthermore, he is constantly updating his observations on his comet and other astronomers, both amateur and professional, are confirming what he is seeing. I have already explained why you won't see any MSM coverage of this, such as a video interview. This is a small, dim comet that can't be seen with the naked eye and will likely never be seen again. The only people making a big deal about this comet are conspiracy theorists. Why are you not getting upset about not seeing video interviews from the discoverers of the other 104 new comets last year?

Finally, can you please show me evidence of this discovery by NASA in the 70s? Are you sure you're not thinking of the 1983 article pertaining to IRAS? If so, what was discovered there was a young ultra-luminous galaxy lightyears away.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Maybe Elenin is the reason why Microsoft hasn't released their Xbox 720 or sony their Playstation 4 because they know theres no point wasting time and effort on something thats gonna get wiped out.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

10 km diameter range.

10km, wow doesn't seem very big. Guess I've been watching to much Armageddon, in the film the asteroid was the size of Texas.

(And, this assumes, I woudl think, a very dense object....a comet, if less dense, would have lesser impact probably. Speed matters too....rate of closure of the two bodies....angle of impact too, I would presume...etc.)

Speed is a very large factor in comet impacts. For example a comet impact would be far greater than that of a near Earth asteroid due to its speed, canceling out the fact that its just a "dirty snowball".

Reptiles adapted.....they are still around, yes? "Dinosaurs" are still around too, actually....we just call them "birds" today.

I read a theory that stated that the reason mammals did so well after the impact was because they (mammals) lived underground and at the roots of trees. A bit off topic but interesting none the less.

ALS

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

This is a small, dim comet that can't be seen with the naked eye and will likely never be seen again.

So your saying even in october, when its closest to the Earth we won't be able to see it with the naked eye? Oh man was really looking forward to it!

ALS

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
Maybe this vid can shed a bit of info on whatever is out there...

damn! If this projectory is true, we are gonna need more than a 'God' to save us.... could be huge events happening between sept 26th and Oct 17th if past alignments are anything to go by.... this is gonna be a little too close for comfort.... you would definately think that this would be in the News!!!

Ok, i've just read the post above mine and see its about 10km in width or is that diameter? And how do you know the exact measurements anyway? Did you already get out to it with a measuring tool?

Anyone know which side of the Earth it will be pulling on most at the point of Sept 26th through to Oct 17th?
edit on 15-4-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join