It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit SWAT with tank raids mother because she protected her child from harmful medication

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

That's only with burglaries or unlawful entry into a home. I somehow doubt it has the same pull with CPS removing a child from a home. And even so, you would have to get representation in a court of law to prove it was self-defense and not something else.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Psychiatry cannot point to a single cure!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

The world needs more like you!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
My goodness. I can not believe the ideology coming from people about this case. I watched this story unfold on my local Detroit news station and followed the braking news and live reports. The title from the OP is the most misleading title and crappy news propaganda influence that can be seen on fox or other misleading stations. The situation only escalated when the mother fired a gun...... FIRED A GUN.... at CPS/officers. There is no reason why she should have fired off a weapon at all. Now there is a reason why SWAT was called because she refused to allow police in and fired a weapon that could have easily been used on her own child. Who knows because no one was in the home with her so calling out SWAT and negotiation officials was the only resort.

Give me a break that this case has any correlation to being infused as a call for police state ideology. LOL to those who get sucked into this kind of crap and I hope others realize not to fire a gun at enforcement officers.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

RicoMarston, thanks very much for your reply. I enjoyed reading your viewpoint and opinions for the bulk of your post, but I was dismayed by your input (following):

"and don't get me started on the whole eugenics argument. Crazy people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce? Is there evidence to suggest that mental illness is hereditary? for real, I have no idea. Even if that is the case, it's not right to tell people that they are not allowed to have children. It's the whole reason we're on this planet, it's the best thing that could ever happen to you, and everyone deserves to have a chance to be a parent if they want."

No, insane people, and many others as well, should not be reproducing. I wrote about this in reply to another poster, if you would are interested. I feel we owe it to each other, for the society we live, to take responsibility for those who are in need of medical care, adult supervision, imprisonment, etcetera.
I do not agree that it is not right to tell people that they are not allowed to have children, and I feel it is the responsibility of those who care for and about mankind to provide service where it is needed.
If you had a broken leg, you would get a cast.
If you had cancer, you would undergo treatment to cease the cancer.
So where is it right to allow a mentally ill person to reproduce?
Where is the wisdom in that? Are you going to raise their mentally ill child, devoting your life and income to it as needed?
Do you think mentally ill people having babies is a good idea?
Too many people have a poor view of Eugenics due the bastardized programs that were employed under Adolf Hitler's reign in Germany. The original eugenics program was one of the best programs the American government has created. It was a social study of cause and effect. Families were observed, patterns emerged. Common sense was alive and kicking, sadly for a short time.
While it may not be pleasant to think about, there are a lot of defective, dangerous people. In America we have streets and some entire neighborhoods where its not safe to walk the streets at night. We have a mentally ill population, many in prison that should instead be institutionalized, and many others that need the safety, shelter & supervision of the institutions that fell to Reaganomics. All across modern, civilized America we have mentally ill, rapists, paedophiles, recidivists, murderers, hard core drug addicts, sociopaths, psychopaths, etcetera.
That is your America without Eugenics.
TPTB long ago realized applying eugenics theory into American society would result in our sea of humanity being of the best stock. Strong, intelligent, thinking people. Exactly what TPTB do not need or want from their slave labor pool. Eugenics went away, and here we are. In America mankind has been severely retarded, repressed, and mislead from living in peace with each other and nature.
Keep saddling society with the worst stock if that's what you want. Personally I think you're making a mistake.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have been thrown medications in many different combinations my whole life due to doctors over prescribing and me being told depression isn't normal and that I'm bipolar.

Luckily I did my research, found a medication I was OK with at the time, and have gotten off almost every medication I was on safely -- even the ones that are very harsh to come off of (cause withdrawal).

Everyone has the right to start/stop a medication when they wish, if this child has been on xanax for a year and the mother decided no more and stopped giving the child the medication, then I could easily understand why there would be a fuss over it (since you get withdrawal symptoms from doing so, such as seizures if done cold turkey with [any] benzodiazapines).

This is ridiculous and just sad though.

Note to everyone who reads the OP: If you wish to truly get off a medication correctly, do research on said medication, tell your doctor that you'd like to ween off doing so the method you're comfortable with, and if they do not comply report them/find another doctor (always have another doctor as backup in case your current doctor decides to stop writing your scripts). I do not condone just quitting medications blindly -- know what you're taking at all times & know how to properly treat such medications in case of OD, or withdrawal from running of out of said medication.

Knowledge is power.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Go see for yourself on medical websites, when you have finished reading every thing posted here on ATS. Medical websites, large ones, will have a section for Mental Health, broken into sub-sets. Read some of those posts. People that have mental illness that have full intentions of bringing children into the world post questions all the time. My guess is they think their family line is so grand that the world would suffer if they didn't bring more mental defectives into your society. To me this defies logical thinking - - - all the more reason that sane people should be making sure these births do not occur. Stop producing mentally ill babies and doctors can stop prescribing mental health medications.

Wow. I am flabbergasted. Read much Nitzsche? Member of the Nazi party? Will you allow cancer survivors to have kids (they would be genetically predisposed to cancer)? People with high blood pressure? What about susceptibility to allergies or bad menstrual cramps?

I can assume by your arrogance that you have been completely screened for all known genetic imperfections and have none. Furthermore, you MUST have a PhD in Psychology and have done your dissertation on the new research you have done that disproves the role of nurture in the development of mental illnesses.

How about this: grow a heart. Maybe start with owning a pet and not kicking it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by OrphenFire

Both of your logic seems to be:
They’re violating my rights when they try and enforce their rules in my house…
Where your logic fails is that you are forgetting the child has certain rights as well, including the right to nourishment and medical treatment.

YOUR RIGHTS END WHEN THEY VIOLATE ANOTHERS RIGHTS…
Even your own children’s...

The problem is that you have people out there like this:

Mother held for trial in shelter starving death
A city prosecutor and a defense attorney clashed bitterly in a Philadelphia courtroom today about a mother's role in the death of her 2-month-old son, who was found starved to death in a homeless shelter two days before Christmas.

After the shouting ended, Tanya Williams, Quasir Alexander's mother, was ordered held for trial on charges of murder and endangering the welfare of a child.

Williams, 32, who wore a necklace bearing a cross, appeared to listen intently during the preliminary hearing but showed no emotion - not even when the prosecutor held up a color picture of her emaciated baby's nude remains.

And we see these stories all the time.

When the state has any suspicion that some type of neglect is going on they have to issue a warrant to remove the child then investigate. Do you honestly think that someone who was doing something like this would admit that they were neglecting their child, or do you think that they would try and prevent the state access to see the child?

So you tell me how the police, who were simply handed a warrant from the state to remove the children from the parents to child protective services are supposed to know whether or not the parents are neglecting the child? According to the paperwork that was handed to them the parents are displaying some form of behavior that warranted enough concern to issue that warrant. Then the parents start shooting at police to deny them access to the child. Now does that behavior tell the police that they are dealing with innocent concerned parents, or does it make the parents look more like people who are guilty of something?

The REAL issue here is not how the police enforced the warrant, its why was the warrant issued in the first place. Where that warrant was issued is where the case has to be fought, and neglect has to be proven valid or shown in error, regardless of whether or not it costs you money to retain an attorney. Once you prove your case, then you can civilly sue the city/county/state, the CPS, and/or possibly the police department for a CIVIL violation of your rights.

Law enforcement has the legal right to enforce the laws and deny you your civil rights, such as freedom. Only after being shown in the court to be in error, can you attempt to sue for damages to your civil liberties. Fighting with the cops simply takes something that would often otherwise be civil and makes it criminal, as you are now breaking the law and law enforcement is still operating within the bounds of their legal rights. Even if you have committed no crime, but only commit one while being unlawfully arrested (ie. Resisting), you are now criminally guilty while the LEO’s are still within their rights to arrest (even in error as long as they believe it to be correct, the law supports this).

Again in a nutshell:
When you are arrested or served a warrant, even if you have done nothing wrong and they’re violating your rights, you have to fight it in court, not on scene with the enforcement officers. Then once you are proven innocent you can sue them for damages. If you do this, and have done nothing else wrong you will get a nice settlement from the state/county/city/etc, and have your legal fee’s paid. If you fight at the scene, you now have committed a criminal act, and at best your going to get a plea deal (ie. we will not press the criminal charges if you do not civilly sue us), plus you stand a good chance of getting beaten/tazed/shot at the scene as well.

If you are innocent and:
You fight at the scene…
...You lose, they win. (You get criminal charges, and they pay no money)

You fight in court…
...You win, they lose. (No criminal charges, and they will have to pay you)

Which of those two options do you think will hurt them more in the long run, and maybe bring an end to these ridicules rulings and warrants?

PS…
They count on you resisting arrest, that is why you almost always see it charged to people.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Your post is insultingly ignorant LargeFries, because while doctors are accidentally killing people and destroying lives, you are out there pretending nothing is wrong. Your twisted attitude of blind trust in a large number of people is exactly the reason bad medical care is one of the leading causes of death in the US.

I have a close relative who's life was basically destroyed by prescription drugs. And if its almost funny that you'd bend over backwards trusting your life to him and swallowing the deadly poisons.

With people's own careers its almost unanimous and obvious college did little to help them in practical situations at work. Yet people are 100% sure the colleges training people for doctors are doing everything just right and the training is everything they need. The assumption is just laughably wrong and makes ZERO sense. Zero.

So, please just do a few basic web searches on the dangers of prescriptions. Its a good bet they've done a lot of statistics on just what percentage of prescriptions end up with the patient happy, but its a sure bet you have not seen any of those.

People have to assume the doctor is guessing at the correct prescription and when necessary quickly ditch their treatment when it isn't working for them. If people understood such a simple thing there would be god knows how many tens of thousands of people in the US alive right now that would otherwise be dead. Doctors are great to have around but if you put blind faith in them like you do, their effectiveness drops off a cliff..

www.naturalnews.com...

civilchallenger, thanks very much for your reply. Please allow me to address your viewpoints:

"Your post is insultingly ignorant LargeFries, because while doctors are accidentally killing people and destroying lives, you are out there pretending nothing is wrong. Your twisted attitude of blind trust in a large number of people is exactly the reason bad medical care is one of the leading causes of death in the US."

I apologize that you took insult, it was not my intent to insult, but rather to state my point of view. I'm hoping accidental deaths and destroyed lives at the hands of doctors are the exception to the rule. But I've never pretended nothing is wrong, in reality I can bitch about things 24/7 with the best of them. This blind trust you write of - what do you recommend I do next time I need to see a Doctor? Call me kookie but when I need a doctor I'll see a doctor, I'm sure you will too. This is how it is, just like when I have a leak in the pipes in the basement of my house, I'll call a Plumber. A licensed plumber, trained for what he does. And I'll hope for the best with him, too. Yes, I might get a Plumber that accidentally kills my plumbing or destroys it, but I guess I'll just have to take that risk.
Let's take another look at your written opinion: "Your twisted attitude of blind trust in a large number of people is exactly the reason bad medical care is one of the leading causes of death in the US"

Did you read what you wrote? You really think that my attitude & trust somehow controls the undesirable outcomes of medical care? I have no power over anyone in the field of medicine, their successes or failures have nothing to do with me. If I had such magical powers I'd use it to make you realize what rudeness and ignorance is.

"I have a close relative who's life was basically destroyed by prescription drugs. And if its almost funny that you'd bend over backwards trusting your life to him and swallowing the deadly poisons."

I am sorry to read of what happened to your relative. It is understandable that you are enraged about this. As for your second sentence, I'm not able to understand what you are communicating, I have no idea who this "him" is that you write of.

"With people's own careers its almost unanimous and obvious college did little to help them in practical situations at work. Yet people are 100% sure the colleges training people for doctors are doing everything just right and the training is everything they need. The assumption is just laughably wrong and makes ZERO sense. Zero."

Your first observation is a statement I have to agree with. Colleges mostly focus on learning from the book, where in the work world we have new, unique situations daily that require one to think on their feet.
I do not agree with your generalization about people being 100% sure, etcetera, because I've found all too often generalizations do not hold true. Medicine specifically is a science that continually finds new methods, discoveries and advancements. Now more than ever, technology is fleeting.
I feel that most all blanket statements and mass generalizations make little sense.

"So, please just do a few basic web searches on the dangers of prescriptions. Its a good bet they've done a lot of statistics on just what percentage of prescriptions end up with the patient happy, but its a sure bet you have not seen any of those."

Year after year I see massive advertisement campaigns for prescription medications. Likewise, year after year, I see massive '1-800-Lawyer' commercials for class action lawsuits for prescription medications being sold 12-18 months ago. This has been going on for years. There have been well-publicized lawsuits of all sorts in which illegal tampering has skewed test results so pharmaceutical manufacturers could push forward another profit heavy product.

"People have to assume the doctor is guessing at the correct prescription and when necessary quickly ditch their treatment when it isn't working for them. If people understood such a simple thing there would be god knows how many tens of thousands of people in the US alive right now that would otherwise be dead. Doctors are great to have around but if you put blind faith in them like you do, their effectiveness drops off a cliff.."

Theres that claim of blind faith once again. Either of us really needs medical attention, we're both going to a doctor. I hope for the best. You see that as blind faith if you want, but I know a Plumber won't give me a prescription for medication no matter how nicely I ask.

I wrote once before in an ATS thread of an older sister who is a nurse. She had an overall feeling of being tired and unwell that clung to her far too long, so she saw a doctor. He found nothing wrong with her. Time passed, situation existed, sister saw another doctor, then another. And another. The seventh doctor recommended to her husband she see a Psychiatrist. She did, knowing it was a waste of time. But she didn't give up.

The 21st doctor my sister the nurse saw about her problem was a young fellow pretty fresh in practicing medicine. He recognized the symptoms immediately. The doctor and a nurse inspected my sister with care and found the tick they were looking for. She was treated for Lyme disease. She got better but damage was done. And she had to see 21 doctors before she got help.

The point to sharing this story is, maybe I too have life experiences. Maybe I too have read things, watched documentaries, had adverse reactions to medication. I'm as entitled to an opinion as you are.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I take a brutal view on it.

See, I don't think that anyone cares at all about the kids except for the parents. When the child is old enough to decide for themselves, then they can have rights.

Oh but what if the parent murders their child? Well, there are laws against murder. We don't NEED CPS. We have laws and a police force.

Most parents love and protect their kids. A few don't, a few are really horrid. What's the price of freedom again? A 17 year old blown to bits in Afghanistan?

The state isn't going to do it- the state's only use for a poor kid is it's war machine. Haven't seen much evidence to the contrary. I used to run a state psychiatric ward for adolescents, btw. It's really horrid. Kid is 14 and wants a teddy bear? Has the mental age of a 7 year old? There's no parents to decide that- nope, it's just rules, and rules say it isn't age appropriate, no matter what the mental state- you take it and throw it out. Kid might be screaming- that teddy bear might be the only thing left of a memory of a parent that died long ago or that left and never came back. Throw it out.

How would the state love my child? How would they love your child? Drug him, put him in a home with strangers, maybe a group home or mental institution where rules would be just so but there would be no love...

Let me tell you- I hated running that unit (I had my own unit to run but had to cover that one too for 6 months) and was so glad when finally they hired another nurse manager. There's no way I'd want my child there. It was dangerous to staff and other patients. There was no love, constant threat (from other patients) of sexual abuse- and they were all drugged to the max.

It's insane to think the state can do a better job than parents taking care of kids. I've been to the group homes, I've seen their residential homes. NO WAY.

I'm not sure what I would have done...except I'd have tried to keep my child as far away from the system as possible in the first place. I feel for that woman, I really do.

I firmly believe that she was - in her mind- trying to protect her daughter.
Furthermore, I do believe she had something to protect her from.

I think cops should have the right to know the situation they are being put in too.

I pray that her kid is not really psychotic. If that's true, then no matter what there's tragedy, with or without govt. Never saw meds really work all that well anyway. Most of them have little better efficacy rate than a native witchdoctor would.
edit on 15-4-2011 by hadriana because: Changed seem to seen

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Your post is very informative. These medications are potent, and your point about the withdrawal is a very important consideration. MDs prescribe this stuff without giving much information about the potential side effects. For instance Depakote can influence the heart rate. I know of someone who kept claiming that this medication was causing his heart to "skip a beat" and it scared him. He checked into the ER where a nurse explained it. Why didn't the doctor say it when he prescribed it? I have also seen the bizarre effects of Haldol. Very scary when this reaction happens.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I worked as a psychiatric nurse for 14 years and over that timespan I saw several very healthy young people drop dead. Sudden death is a side effect. A few we coded and brought back but 3 I remember were just dead and that was it. They were all fine. The last I remember was in her late twenties. First time taking psych meds, had a clean physical, and was walking across a field and just dropped dead. There was no saving her even if we could have got a defibrillator to her in time.

These meds have a purpose, but they get thrown around way too lightly, IMO.

It's funny, how I am. I used to really buy all that. I got out of the field and went into another, and now I am wondering just how people decided psychiatry is a science. I do still believe that good nursing and THERAPY (I'm a fan of psycho-social rehab) is much better than the meds they have. The meds have their place but I think they are overused and relied on (in hope) so people don't have to be dealt with. They very well maybe the trash bin. Instead of throwing people in the trash, we throw meds in the people.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I found an webpage that says Risperidone can cause heart failure and sudden death. Apparently the girl was home-schooled but now attends a regular school and some meddling CPS worker decided to take some action.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

informiative post but the end of your rant reeked of eugenics man....Dont let them breed? so then what happens when your illustrious line is deemed to be "unfit for breeding" by the establishment stop making mentaly ill kids....how about we just make safe meds or treat them better?

KilrathiLG thanks you for the reply. Right you are, I'm a believer and supporter of an unpopular science. I cannot accept the insanity of modern civilized American society, which exists as is courtesy of TPTB seeking to fulfill their mission, destiny, or whatever it is that drives them.
I'm not for ethnic cleansing , sanitizing or other wholesale murder. I am not suggesting genitalia mutilation. I love sex for the beautiful gift it is, most everybody should be making love till the cows come home.
But I think the American government unearthed important information when the eugenics studies were done. It was a statistical compilation proving things people already knew to be true but were not polite to say. Keep in mind this was another time, poverty was commonplace, many lived of the land. Many lived in rural areas, on farms. Extended families. Too many generations of people living without a large dating pool of hopeful mates to choose from. Not good.
So it was brought to light that there were segments of society that needed to be recognized and addressed or the situation would worsen.
TPTB realized that the same common sense a farmer applies to his livestock would benefit mankind. We could have a country of solid citizens from good families. Intelligent, healthy, strong people working side by side in peace and harmony.
Notice that TPTB walked away from eugenics, very long ago. This was not the people they wanted, people who are strong and intelligent, who think. TPTB have for themselves in America a highly manipulated, fat and spoiled slave labor pool that mostly is unaware its oppressors exist. As I wrote earlier: I cannot accept the insanity of modern civilized American society, which exists as is courtesy of TPTB seeking to fulfill their mission, destiny, or whatever it is that drives them.
I feel part of the manipulation we are under is the want & will for all to breed, breed, breed. And we do it selfishly, without thinking first of the baby. Inserting Tab A into Slot B is fun galore, no argument. But to think working sex organs is the only requirement is silly. It's a tough world out there, and these days there are a lot of people that had many advantages in life who are sitting in mom's basement with little or no job opportunities, and all that comes with the trappings of, in sight.
If so-called 'kids from good homes' who were lucky to have professionals for parents, were well raised and well educated, if these kids have nothing to look forward to, what then is happening to the kids that couldn't afford to go to college, or never had the kind of guidance a young person sometimes needs to help them along the way. what will become of the HS drop-outs?
What will become of children raised by mentally ill people? Those born to parents who are more concerned with their next narcotic drug fix than they are concerned about feeding the baby?
How long should society stand by and pretend its okay while inbreds further distort their family tree?
It's sad but the examples could go on and on. it reminds me of the right-to-lifers who scream holy hell about birthing the baby while they don't give a damn if anyone is going to raise the infant.
I understand my viewpoint is not on the popular side. Maybe you can tell me how this makes sense: In America an adult has to attend classes, become certified and/or licensed if they want to cut hair, sell real estate or drive a motor vehicle on public thoroughfares.
But who can have a baby? Anyone with functioning reproductive organs. This does not strike me as responsible living.
Our government lies to us regularly. It's clear to me they don't give a damn if you live in fear. TPTB don't give a damn that a portion of the population is mentally defective, abusers, rapists, murderers, you name it. We accept a lot of bizarre things in our lives because we don't stop to think how it could or should be.
I think we should be putting our best foot forward. I think it's way overdue for people to realize what a wonderful gift an infant is, and that we owe our children the best we can give them.
I don't think its wise for the mentally ill, unstable, hard drug addicted, or the dregs of society to bring infants into the world. People that are unable or unwilling to take care and responsibility of themselves --- how can we expect them to take care and responsibility for the baby?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Note that she is a homeschooler and cps/govt doesn't like parents who don't want to send their child for public school indoctrination.

Hey cps, it wasn't your business to get involved to begin with.

As an aside to this john titor said we'd start to see more waco like stand offs such as this. I know he is not popular, but it's getting interesting.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nice, trying to force Psychiatric medication on the population. I've seen enough with Psychiatric drugs with my own eyes to know that it is not "treatment." Psychiatric drugs are like a cancer on our society. I've known suicide, attempted suicide, self punishment, negative character change, loss of sanity, family instability, with my own eyes, within my own family, related to Psychiatric drugs. I don't need to really look any further to know Psychiatric drugs are total garbage. It is not only dangerous, it is also fraud on the public, and a waste of our money. If these drugs are "help," then don't bother trying to help me. I would rather have my awareness intact.

We hear about "Bullying" these days. Well, shoving these medications down our throats is bullying.

Big Pharma destroys so many lives, and what do they get? They get the privilege of continuing to make more and more profit. What the hell is wrong with our county to allow this to continue to happen? The villains get to continue to run the show. Medication after medication with a list of terrible side effects, but some how it's ok. No, Big Pharma doesn't really get raided, but if you sell something like raw milk, or vitamins, and slip up and make a health claim, the FDA will come and bust down your doors. It is utter insanity.

This lady had every right to protect her child. Someone mentioned her firing a gun. What else do you expect, when your child's safety is at risk, and you might lose your kid? A happy go lucky face, is that what she should have done, just smiled and pretend everything is ok? It's not ok for our sick medical system to force itself on you.

Folks, it's wake up time.

Troy

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by Blaine91555

. . .
As to the Mother pulling a gun on the police and standing them off, no way out of that insane action on her part. In fact it makes me question her sanity.

. . .

I will protect my children from the bastards at CPS with everything I have. You would be insane NOT to.

As would i. From what i have seen, a large majority of children who go to foster homes in this country go on to suffer horrific abuses, unless they are the lucky ones who get a good home.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ah hell, why not throw our kids on Haldol and all that other good stuff!?

Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?

Studies have shown that older adults with dementia (a brain disorder that affects the ability to remember, think clearly, communicate, and perform daily activities and that may cause changes in mood and personality) who take antipsychotics (medications for mental illness) such as risperidone have an increased risk of death during treatment. Older adults with dementia may also have a greater chance of having a stroke or mini-stroke during treatment. Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking furosemide (Lasix). If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately: slow or difficult speech, sudden dizziness or faintness, or weakness or numbness of an arm or leg. Risperidone is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of behavior problems in older adults with dementia. Talk to the doctor who prescribed this medication if you, a family member, or someone you care for has dementia and is taking risperidone. For more information visit the FDA website: www.fda.gov...

From what I gathered, it's used to treat Schizophrenics...Why was this girl put on it?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Child Protection Agency officer - "We have a little girl who was sent to her room without supper".

Police Officer - "DAMN, that's harsh", "OK She'll have to be removed from that dangerous situation".

Child Protection Agency officer - "Can the Police handle this"?

Police Officer - Nope I'm sorry, waaaay too dangerous for local law enforcement". "We'll be needing Alpha Squad for this extraction, Full assault and shoot first ask questions later"..!!

Child Protection Agency officer - "The family have a court order stating they are allowed to discipline their child"..!!

Police Officer - "They can't argue the point with 300 bullet holes in them, Alpha team don't mess about"..!!

Yeah, The Good Ol' US of A, land of the free... Only problem is, it's the elite who are free to do as they wish, not the little people who are all criminals and deviants (according to TPTB).

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Thanks for posting the link to that website. I watched a video presentation of mothers...it made me cry.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join