It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent man murdered by those peaceful muslims....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

The topic is about pakistani muslims. I agree that muslims in developed countries or with education may be considerably less extremist (just as christians in Africa vs. in the west), altough the danger is still present as with any cult. I just dont like the talk about a few extremists and peaceful majority, when the opposite is often true.
edit on 14/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Exactly!!!

Sweeping Generalisations accross the board!!

Murder in Pakistan - Blame all Muslims
Suicide bomb - Blame all Muslims
Car won't start? - must be those pesky Muslims

To those people who are hell bent in swallowing every bit of anti muslim propaganda that gets spat at them:

As a poster stated above if there was an angry armed mob running amok threatening death to anyone who speaks against their (and specifically theirs) belief in your town would you have the "dogs" to stand up against them when no-one else will?

Pakistan and much of the middle east is not as technologically, politically or indeed culturally advanced or as lucrative as it is in your nice comfortable country, but that doesn't mean that every person from these "godforsaken" countries is out to rob, steal and pillage your land or indeed that they are any less of a person than yourself, you were just lucky to be born where you were.

Every country is going to have it's share of nutters that think that causing harm to others will make them a better person. They are just glorified school bullies that have guns and bombs instead of sticks and rocks.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
... Damn! So if I'm Muslim, that means I SHOULD go out and kill etc. Just coz the Media has pictured the Muslims so!

Thank you Badw0lf for opening my eyes!

WOOHOO!!!

no! just fall on your sword or whatever or better yet, kill alot of people like you are born to to.

kill people that have nothing to do with anything you believe in.

because u guys are rasists! ya, white equals bad!

but u say u kill all kinds? so are not rasisit?

cool.

so U don't kill, i'm supposed to believe that?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

what's anti muslim?

don't need bs lies to make them look bad.can't make that snap up, as they say.

right?

read the op!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

The topic is about pakistani muslims.

I am well aware it is about Muslims from Pakistan. Unfortunately it is framed to be about Muslims from everywhere and even you admit that is not the case. Thank you.

I agree that muslims in developed countries or with education may be considerably less extremist (just as christians in Africa vs. in the west), altough the danger is still present as with any cult. I just dont like the talk about a few extremists and peaceful majority, when the opposite is often true.

Maybe you can explain how it helps more to characterize over a billion people the world over by the actions of a few guys in one very specific geographical location from one specific culture.

Originally posted by Truth_Hz

Exactly!!!

Sweeping Generalisations accross the board!!

Murder in Pakistan - Blame all Muslims
Suicide bomb - Blame all Muslims
Car won't start? - must be those pesky Muslims

Sorry but I take issue with that. Everyone knows if your car won't start it is because of Gremlins from Japan, silly

edit on 14-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

The sweeping generalisations about muslims that are portrayed by the MSM are as a rule anti-muslim, they do not target the individual they blanket label the muslim community as a whole.

Fed up of hating blacks, jews, nazis and communists? lets hate the next in line for a decade or two before we forget why and see a muslim pride march once a year down our city streets...

As I said in a previous post, to unite the people you need a common enemy.. it just so happens that at the moment Islam is the one that fits the bill...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

LOL

After watching those films I always vowed never to use a stair lift when I hit the later stages of life!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I am well aware it is about Muslims from Pakistan. Unfortunately it is framed to be about Muslims from everywhere and even you admit that is not the case.

Muslims born in the western world and assimilated probably hold these views considerably less. But we have a great sample size available that can be used to determine number of extremists among muslims in non-western world and consequently among immigrants arriving here.

The muslim population sampled in the Pew survey (Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Indonesia, Nigeria, Pakistan) represents 39,4% of all world muslims. Now, 53% of them are brainwashed extremists according to survey results (average 53% support stoning people for adultery).

In light of these facts, I may be not far from the truth when I say half of the non-west world muslims and consequently at least half of the first generation muslim immigrants in the west are violent brainwashed extremists. Facts speak clearly.

EDIT: Extremism rates among second generation muslims in the west are probably lower, but since their integration and assimilation has failed in many countries, I would not count on that, due to isolation they may even be comparably extremist. Even if quarter of them hold views like these its still very bad.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Muslims born in the western world and assimilated probably hold these views considerably less.

What?!?!? Not all Muslims are the same? The hell you say!

But we have a great sample size available that can be used to determine number of extremists among muslims in non-western world and consequently among immigrants arriving here.

That sentence is full of nonfactually buzzworthy supposition. "can be used to determine" "in non-western world" and then "consequently" where the consequence is based on the guess made from the limited sample delineated by the first two. Clever.

The muslim population sampled in the Pew survey (Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Indonesia, Nigeria, Pakistan) represents 39,4% of all world muslims. Now, 53% of them are brainwashed extremists according to survey results (average 53% support stoning people for adultery).

Which would mean you are going to just label 47% who you understand are not fitting of those labels? How does that make sense? Look at your poll again. It only proves my point. Obviously there is quite a difference between the Muslims in Turkey and the Muslims in Pakistan. I guess not all Muslims can be painted with such a brush now can they?

It is odd that many of the same people that claim there can be no racism against Obama because he is only 10%-45% black are the same ones to disparage all Muslims for something even they acknowledge 47% of even their own selective sample do not agree with.

In light of these facts, I may be not far from the truth when I say half of the non-west world muslims and consequently at least half of the first generation muslim immigrants in the west are violent brainwashed extremists. Facts speak clearly.

Which fact have you presented that has anything to do with first generation immigrants? Did I miss those "facts" or are you just guessing when you say "I may not be far from the truth...." before you toss the word fact around? A "FACT" would be that you may be far from the truth as well. See how that works?

EDIT: Extremism rates among second generation muslims in the west are probably lower, but since their integration and assimilation has failed in many countries, I would not count on that, due to isolation they may even be comparably extremist. Even if quarter of them hold views like these its still very bad.

Wow. Have anything other than assumptions? "are probably lower..." You seem to have forgotten the "facts" part you have been going on about.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Yeah just like Balbir Singh Sodhi who was killed by American idiots after 9/11 because they thought he was Muslim (he wasn't....he was a Sikh who was wearing a Turbin).
If I was to take this example as a condemnation of an entire people it would make all Americans look like ignorant morons...when in actuality it doesn't matter what race, or religion you are..... or country you come from ...ignorant morons are everywhere. *snip*
edit on 14-4-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: added a word.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4/14/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

ot all Muslims are the same? The hell you say!

Show me where have I said all muslims are the same. Strawman.

That sentence is full of nonfactually buzzworthy supposition. "can be used to determine" "in non-western world" and then "consequently" where the consequence is based on the guess made from the limited sample delineated by the first two. Clever.

We have a survey done among almost 40% of all world muslim population, which clearly shows in average 53% of them are violent extemists. Tell me what is not clear.

Since immigrants come from non-western world muslim countries, and the survey represents the opinion of more than 40% of muslims living in non-western world, where is the problem when I say that half of the immigrants are probably extremist? Do muslim immigrants come from Mars?

Which would mean you are going to just label 47% who you understand are not fitting of those labels?

Again, strawman. I have said 53% are extremists, 47% are probably OK. See, I dont put all non-western muslims in the same basket.

Obviously there is quite a difference between the Muslims in Turkey and the Muslims in Pakistan. I guess not all Muslims can be painted with such a brush now can they?

Yes of course. I am not doing it. I said half of the non-western muslims are brainwashed extremists, not all of them. And their distribution is certainly not uniform.

It is odd that many of the same people that claim there can be no racism against Obama because he is only 10%-45% black are the same ones to disparage all Muslims for something even they acknowledge 47% of even their own selective sample do not agree with.

I was very careful in my posts to not paint all muslims with the same brush, always refering to "extremist half of (non-western) muslim population, or majority in some areas", which is a conclusion supported by hard data. Specifically because of people who think even repeating a result of a poll is somehow islamophobic. The distribution of extemists who made up that half is certainly not uniform, in some areas they are a minority, in some they are a majority.

Which fact have you presented that has anything to do with first generation immigrants?

Since immigrants do not come from Mars, but from the non-western muslim world, in which in average half of population is extremist, simple logic dictates half of immigrants would also be extremist. It aint rocket surgery

Wow. Have anything other than assumptions?

It is a valid assumption that number of extremists among second and subsequent generations of muslim immigrants is probably lower than among the first (which is 50%). Or are you saying it is higher? I would like to see how would you arrive at such assumption.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Also I do not have a problem with all muslims, I respect and admire Muhammad Ali a great deal, I wonder what he would say about these brothers of his...

I agree the fanatical Muslim extremists can't even really call themselves Muslim because their actions go against the founding tenants of Islam. they do a great job letting people paint all Muslims are evil crazy fanatics though, they are really really good at that.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

We have a survey done among almost 40% of all world muslim population, which clearly shows in average 53% of them are violent extemists. Tell me what is not clear.

Before you start throwing around figures I suggest you read the full report, if you actually check the sample size detailed at the end of the report it clearly states that approximately 1000 people from each country were actually interviewed and 2000 in Pakistan. this is a sample size of 8000 people. Bearing in mind that as of 2009 there were approximately 1.57 billion Muslims worldwide, 8000 is 0.0005% of the muslim population, a far cry from the 40% you are banding around.

Not to mention the parts of that report that you clearly leave out such as

Over half of those interviewed in each country are worried about the spread of extremism both globally and in their own countries.
The majority of most countries and indeed 80% of Pakistanis interviewed disagree with any form of suicide attack
The majority in every demographic interviewed would prefer democracy to any other form of government
The majority of most demographics have negative views of Al Qaeda

And so on and so forth..

But feel free to carry on and cherry pick your facts to suit your bigoted views.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

this is a sample size of 8000 people. Bearing in mind that as of 2009 there were approximately 1.57 billion Muslims worldwide, 8000 is 0.0005% of the muslim population, a far cry from the 40% you are banding around.

Sample size is not what I was talking about, 40 % is the number of muslims represented by the survey. A sample of 8000 is surely enough to draw meaningful conclusions. You dont need to interview everyone to have an accurate poll, do you? The range of error is just a few percent at worst.

Over half of those interviewed in each country are worried about the spread of extremism both globally and in their own countries.

This proves my point that extremism is indeed a concern.

The majority of most countries and indeed 80% of Pakistanis interviewed disagree with any form of suicide attack

Good.

The majority in every demographic interviewed would prefer democracy to any other form of government

Yeah, and this is positive how? Of course they want democracy, so they can establish primitive laws as they want.

The majority of most demographics have negative views of Al Qaeda

Yeah, and that is not surprising, considering the amount of civilians that die during their attacks.

And so on and so forth.. But feel free to carry on and cherry pick your facts to suit your bigoted views.

My bigoted views? So that is what they call the truth these days?

You are incapable of coherent thought.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I would like to thank all who took the time to HATE on me, please continue to struggle to find a way to defend your muslim brothers, while side stepping the issue. Like angry dogs you attack me instead, if you need to be angry why not project it at the root of the problem. I believe some of you may eventually come to reason. Why not learn to comprehend what you read and direct your hate towards those who tarnish your belief systems values. Better yet go to these countries and voice your anger for thier behavior. Id bet it would not be long before we would read of your demise.

I had another 60 attempted intrusions on my system since I logged off, I would caution you against such efforts if wish your systems to continue working. I guess these attacks are justifiable in your minds though right? How about your cowardly attacks made to the mods as you demand for me to be silenced? Are you trying to make me hate all muslims?

Id ask you to stay on topic...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I had another 60 attempted intrusions on my system since I logged off, I would caution you against such efforts if wish your systems to continue working. I guess these attacks are justifiable in your minds though right? How about your cowardly attacks made to the mods as you demand for me to be silenced? Are you trying to make me hate all muslims?

Hmm.. the site admins would surely have access to the logon records and be able to pin point your IP. The rest of us? No way for us to get your IP so unless you are accusing the admins of attempting to hack into your system (doubtful) i think maybe you might be jumping the gun.

I don't doubt people have been clicking alert like mad, that's how most people apparently operate here. but I honestly doubt anyone is attempting to hack you, that just makes no sense at all beyond the fact that outside of people will access to the user database and logon records, we can't get at you.

If you are truely concerned, you could either post or U2U your router/firewall logs of the attempted intrusions and those of us with knowledge can take a look. the fact is, if you are connected to the internet and using websites, you should expect constant "intrusions" most of which are false positives. The other side to that is if you have a wifi network running, that's probably the source of the majority of intrusion events.

Anyways, I can clearly see what you are saying and the people attempting to say you are generalizing are simply wrong, you aren't, you have been extremely clear with your point.

I think most of this stems from the thread title "those peaceful muslims" would be my suspicion as it comes off rather flippantly because the fact of the matter is the large majority of Muslims ARE peaceful, people chose to discuss the fanatics only.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Blame it on Islam, thanks a lot

Can I blame the gang rapes that happen in US on the American constitution?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I see a cult, that indoctrinates the young and poor to be the future swelling majority

I seriously hope you're not talking about Islam as a whole. You might take some time to find a local Muslim and ask him about the teachings of Mohamed. i know you won't, but it might do you some good. there are fanatics in every movement. They do not represent the whole. If they did. Well, do you know how many practicing Muslims are in the US right now? You'd all be dead if your opinion was fact.

It's ok, I don't blame you for your beliefs, really in the world we're in now, it would be hard not to fall for blatant propaganda. I disagree with you, as do a few others here. such is life. i'm not going to think any less of you for it, you are entitled to your opinions.

My opinion is people like you with those opinions are the problem not the solution.

And before anyone starts, I'm not defending fanatical Muslim extremists. I am making a distinction between the small fringe and the whole. Hell if you were right I'd have been beheaded by now because on the floor i live on in my apartment building there are, wait for it, 6 Muslim families. There's a few others on different floors as the women wear their Burka or what not when going to, temple? what do they call it in Islam?

Anyways, I've had a great time getting to know those people, even got to meet their newborn son when they brought him home from the hospital.

I guess the missed the cult class about killing all the infidels.
====
I am a practicing member of the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" religion. Peace be upon you.
edit on 14-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is how it is portrayed in MSM

IF THE MURDERER IS:

a Jew = he is just defending himself

a Christian = he did it because he is not really a Christian, he is an Atheist

an Atheist = he did it because he is Godless

a Muslim = he did it because he is a Muslim, all Muslims are terrorists

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join