It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent man murdered by those peaceful muslims....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

A guy with an avatar of a Christian Crusader bemaoning 'violent Muslims'?

You're being ironic, right?
edit on 14-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Of course it used a representative group from every polled country, they did not interview everyone. Seriously, do I have to explain how survey is done and basic statistics every time I bring up the results?
Read the PDF if you have any questions:

pewglobal.org...

Full Report PDF

edit on 15/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

OK, I've got a serious question, and I HONESTLY do not mean this as an insult. Are you serious, or are you just trying to make Anti-Muslim Groups look inept, and poorly educated? If its the latter, then more power to ya, however I can't agree with your tactics. Now if its the former (which I am unfortunately having to assume)....well then you might want to brace yourself. A debunking this harsh is gonna hurt!

First you state "We have a survey done among almost 40% of all world muslim population are violent extremists..." This is A LIE. An accurate version would be:
We have a survey done among a small group of nations in the Middle East, that suggest that the vast majority of those living in this area reject the Violent and Extremist ways of groups like Al Qaeda and specifically their leader Osama Bin Laden. Their views of groups like Hamas and Hezbollah are more mixed, but are not unlike many European Nations.

I'll now prove all of that with the rest of my comment.

Let me quote from THE LINK YOU YOURSELF SENT ME TOO. "While views of Hamas and Hezbollah are mixed, al Qaeda – as well as its leader, Osama bin Laden – receives overwhelmingly negative ratings in nearly all countries where the question was asked. More than nine-in-ten (94%) Muslims in Lebanon express negative opinions of al Qaeda, as do majorities of Muslims in Turkey (74%), Egypt (72%), Jordan (62%) and Indonesia (56%). Only in Nigeria do Muslims express positive views of al Qaeda; 49% have a favorable view and just 34% have an unfavorable view of bin Laden’s organization." Whoah, so 9 out of 10 think Osama bin Laden is bad?.....and only only those in ONE country felt favorably about Al Qaeda? And what....that means 40% of them are "Violent Extremists" ?!?!?!?! It looks to me like a whole heck of a lot of them don't like violent extremists. Oh but what of Hamas and Hezbollah?!?! the views about those two groups are mixed. But how can they be almost unanimously opposed to Al Qaeda and yet have mixed feelings about Hamas and Hezbollah? Well its simple....the situation is complex and involves political tension with Israel. And if you think they have no reason to be against Israel then I suggest you Google the phrase Israeli Atrocities...then sit back and spend the next 4 or 5 hours being horrified,and nauseated at what you read and by the video clips you watch.

OK...basically the ONLY evidence you have that "almost 40%" of Muslims in a certain area of the Middle East are "violent extremists" are that they have "mixed feelings" about Hamas and Hezbollah. Well let me debunk this line of thinking. Do you know who else has "mixed feelings" about whether one or both of these two organizations are "violent extremists" and who show as much by refusing to follow America's example of labeling one or both of the organizations as being Terrorist? Well this is only a small fraction of a much larger list, but....France, Switzerland, the European Union, Russia, United Kingdom......oh and for a short while AMERICA! Yeah...you read that correctly. After Hezbollah's condemnation of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the USA, it was removed from the list, but it was later returned to the list.

So in YOUR OWN LOGIC, the European Union, Russia, United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, and for a short while AMERICA were all "VIOLENT EXTREMISTS".......all because their views of Hamas and Hezbollah are "Mixed".

PS you're original statement "We have a survey done among almost 40% of all world muslim population are violent extremists" seems to suggest that the survey is of Muslims the world over. Of which you would need a representative cross section of each nations population in order to be accurate (which I explained in my last reply, which you then inexplicably accused me of not understanding how such surveys were done). You should have written that sentence: We have a survey done among a small group of nations in the Middle East, that suggest that.....etc.
edit on 15-4-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Needed to add half a line to a sentence to make it sound right.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Your title is still wrong because it directly contradicts itself. Obviously a muslim that kills an innocent man is not peaceful, but is an extremist. What I see you did is generalise. You mixed them, shook the bag, and painted them all in the same light. It worked for you. But it won't cut for the cool ones on ATS.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Jepic because: I found a more suited word.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

We have a survey done among a small group of nations in the Middle East, that suggest that the vast majority of those living in this area reject the Violent and Extremist ways of groups like Al Qaeda and specifically their leader Osama Bin Laden.

First, 40% of world muslims is not small. Thats almost 700 million people.
Second, it is irrelevant how many support Osama and terrorism. Supporting stoning people for adultery or killing apostases ALONE is enough to fully qualify them as violent religious extremists, even if 0% of them supported terrorism in addition to that (which is not true). I am talking about extremists, not terrorists.

We have a survey done among a small group of nations in the Middle East, that suggest that.

The survey represents the opinion of muslim population in Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria. Thats 39,4% of world muslim population. Check for yourself.

So now we have established that muslims in the middle east are largely violent extremists, just as reflected in the OPs post. Any questions?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

wow are you slow or what? The same groups that behave this way call themselves peaceful. WAKEUP FIGURE IT OUT!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You are making that claim so back it up with a link and I'll see. I doubt however that a Muslim Extremist calls himself peaceful after killing someone. That would make him retarded.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Jepic because: I had to edit information.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Now as Islam proclaims itself to be the religion of Peace and that these individuals who commited the murder were indeed muslims does it not tell you that? If not dont bother to reply I would say you have fully explained why you could not understand me. But ya Ill agree with them being retarded... Aside from that there are many links here on ATS which speak of such things look for yourself.

These too are peaceful muslims right? do you get the picture?????

edit on 15-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You are a man of many talents OP.

Bigot, Master Debater, and apparently Paint Application Wizard!

Here's the last photo in your your previous post unedited, and oddly the only photo which had anything to do with your reply to Jepic's post.

Remember when it used to look like that? So basically you doctored a photograph, to not only prove a point to another poster who merely disagreed with your point of view. But also to further your prejudiced view on Islam.

Oh here it is again just in case you missed it.

And again.

And once more, just to be sure.

I am going to alert the mods now. Best of luck in the future. Perhaps next time learn how to turn a phrase before editing.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Your rather funny and as you know dam well I am right, and as you could not proove me wrong, you instead turn to hate lies pure deception on your behalf. I have edited nothing in any image I posted, you can find them quite easy in a google search.

There goes your credibility....

I put the last one up because I noticed the same thing, so put it up for those who would claim them to be fake.
Thanx for falling into my little trap,glad it was you who did. Also since Im only 12 I am not yet a Man, compared to me if you are a man are struggling...

ok go cry to the mods now that you cant defend yourself...
edit on 15-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

edit on 15-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Supporting stoning people for adultery or killing apostate s ALONE is enough to fully qualify them as violent religious extremists, even if 0% of them supported terrorism in addition to that (which is not true). I am talking about extremists, not terrorists.

So now we have established that muslims in the middle east are largely violent extremists, just as reflected in the OPs post. Any questions?

You do realize that there is quite a bit more to it than that, right....that is incredibly simplistic reduction of what those organizations do, and why people support them.
Let me give you an example...."Hamas devotes up to 90% of its estimated $70 million annual budget to an extensive social services network, running many relief and education programs, and funds schools, orphanages, mosques, healthcare clinics, soup kitchens, and sports leagues. Such services aren't generally provided by the Palestinian government." en.wikipedia.org... THIS is what the public sees.....that and the fact that they believe organizations like this will protect them against Israel. Now, I'm not defending them, but I AM defending the people....many of whom are uneducated and make decisions ENTIRELY by their own experiences. On a daily basis they experience....Israel treating them like crap....and organizations like Hamas taking care of them, and fighting against Israel. Why is that hard for you to understand that THIS is the reason they have "mixed feelings" about such groups?! You do realize that you can view a group favorably because of what you see them do daily right? You do realize that things like 'stoning' people does not happen in the majority of the Middle East right.....therefore for the VAST majority of people such a thing doesn't even enter their mind when making such a decision on whether to support such a group.

Let me explain to you how many in the Middle East sees this issue....as if you were a caveman...maybe that will help:

Israel do bad things to me and my family...Israel Bad...... People who fight Israel and give me food.....they good.

See? Its so easy to understand that even a xenophobic bigot could get it!

edit on 15-4-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: forgot to attribute my quote to Wikipedia

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I dont know if you are unable to comprehend simple concepts or just a troll..

I am NOT talking about Hamas, Hezbollah, al-Quaeda or any other terrorist group support! I myself fully support Palestinians in their fight for freedom against criminal Israeli occupants! I even support suicide attacks against Israeli military targets (IDF)! I dont mind if they support Hamas and Hezbollah!

I am talking only about this:

Read what I have wrote again:

Supporting stoning people for adultery or supporting killing of apostates ALONE is enough to already fully qualify them as violent religious extremists, even if 0% of them supported terrorism in addition to that. I am talking about religious extremists, not terrorists, or terrorism supporters.

religious extremist =/= terrorist group supporter

Someone who thinks that adulterers should be stoned is already a full brainwashed extremist, even if he hates Hamas, Hezbollah, Osama etc.

Let me explain it to you like a caveman:
53% of surveyed muslims (in average) agree that adulterers should be stoned... 53% of muslims brainwashed religious extremists.. Answers to other poll questions irrelevant..

edit on 16/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You're 12? That explains alot!

I feel bad now for arguing with a kid.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Someday we will see Muslims marching in the streets holding signs up that say
"Freedom of Speech includes Blasphemy!" or then again, maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>