It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent man murdered by those peaceful muslims....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is how it is portrayed in MSM

IF THE MURDERER IS:

a Jew = he is just defending himself

a Christian = he did it because he is not really a Christian, he is an Atheist

an Atheist = he did it because he is Godless

a Muslim = he did it because he is a Muslim, all Muslims are terrorists

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

No I do NOT think all muslims are raving mad.

Jesus will you people learn to friggen read??

I .. again... state that there is a majority who DO NOT. You all rally and ramble it's just the poor folk who do this, where are the mainstream? WHERE? Silent, sitting back, eventually posting on forums saying how they are sick of being targeted as the bad guys because they are silent... Oh but they;re so damn willing to complain about it.

Chirp bloody chirp if it's 99% good... God damn... you have to be stupid to say that is not the case - if 99% of islam is against violence, then 99% would be in uproar.. WE NEVER SEE 99% of islam doing anything - we continually see this so called 1% that is hundreds of thousands of mad bastards kill people, burn stuff and express desire for the death of more innocents.

And here we are, once again, in a thread discussing it, being called bigots...

Flamin har bloody har...

Do me a facour, show me the same for any other religios belief - NOT A CULTURE - it's not cultural, the culture just happens to be in the area of the religion - PROVE ME WRONG.

Jesus fmalming iceballs...

Prove to me... And none of this "I know a nice muslim, he's ok, so you're a racist, ritgh!!" sod off...

edit on 14/4/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

What's your argument again here? My original comment was about the sweeping generalisations in the title, which you joined in with. Based on that premise I was right to suggest that you think all Muslims support this violence.

Now you are trying to back peddle and weasel out using the term 'majority' just as I said you would? I'm not the one with the problem here you are, and your beliefs are dangerous in themselves. Just look how angry this topic makes you. You also don't seem satisfied when moderate Muslims voice their concerns on the Internet, it's not enough for you. What would you like them to do?

Do me a facour, show me the same for any other religios belief - NOT A CULTURE - it's not cultural, the culture just happens to be in the area of the religion - PROVE ME WRONG.

So you think I should make generalisations about other religions too? That's what I was arguing against in the first place. Again to reiterate my original point, no religion is responsible for how every single member of it's flock behave. If someone was to suggest that all Catholic priests were paedophiles I would have to refute that statement as well.

----------

Also to the OP no one personally attacked you. If they did how can you act even remotely surprised given the title of this thread and the content?

You boys are a laugh, seriously.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Allow me. I know a better title than the current.

Innocent man murdered by Muslim Extremists

Well look at that new title! Doesn't that sound much nicer and mature? I think so.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Jepic because: he found a more suited word.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here I'll do some research for you *snip*.

www.brusselsjournal.com...

Dozens of Danish Muslims are joining the network of moderate Muslims, the Demokratiske Muslimer (Democratic Muslims). About 700 Muslims have already become DM members and 2,500 Danes have expressed their will to support the network. The initiative has caused anger among the Danish imams and their leader, Ahmad Abu Laban, who have referred to the moderates as “rats.” The imams feel that they are beginning to lose their control over part of the Muslim population.

Moderates such as Kamran Tahmasebi say they have had enough of fanatic Islamism and its intimidation of the Muslim immigrants in Denmark. “It is an irony that I am today living in a European democratic state and have to fight the same religious fanatics that I fled from in Iran many years ago,” Mr Tahmasebi says. He came to Denmark as a refugee in 1989. Today he works as a social consultant and is very grateful for the life Denmark has made it possible for him to have. He says he no longer wants to keep a low profile to avoid attracting the attention of the imams. The cartoon affair was an incentive for him to stand up and warn against the Islamist imams in Denmark, whom he says are damaging the integration process with their misleading criticism of Danish values and norms.

www.foxnews.com...

"The most important message is that we condemn all kinds of hate speech including anti-Semitism and anti-Americanism and that we come out as boldly as possible against violence committed by Muslims in Iraq, in Israel, in Muslim countries like Turkey and Indonesia, and that we do all that we can in this war against terrorism," said Ahmed al-Rahim, a founding member and former chairman of the American Islamic Congress (search).

"The mainstream, official voice of Islam in America wasn’t forceful enough in condemning the violence and the acts of terror on 9/11. There was some hesitancy, and there was more concern with hate crimes against Muslims, which I think were relatively low, and there was more focus on that than actually looking at the violence and the hate speech that has been committed in the name of Islam," al-Rahim said.

www.islamfortoday.com...

Bin Laden's violence is a heresy against Islam
"Mainstream theologians have come out unanimously against the terrorists. What we must now ask them is to campaign more strongly against the aberrant doctrines that underpin them", writes British Muslim convert scholar, Abdal-Hakim Murad.

All this amounts to an odd and extreme violation of the normal methods of Islamic scholarship. Had the authors of such fatwas [non-binding legal opinions] followed the norms of their religion, they would have had to acknowledge that no school of traditional Islam allows the targeting of civilians. An insurrectionist who kills non-combatants is guilty of baghy, "armed transgression", a capital offence in Islamic law. A jihad can be proclaimed only by a properly constituted state; anything else is pure vigilantism.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Imam Hamza Yusuf, who runs an Islamic institute in California, is fast becoming a world figure as Islam's most able theological critic of the suicide hijacking. This afternoon he will address British religious leaders at the House of Lords on the subject.

His speech will upset many Muslim radicals here. A charismatic and popular speaker, Yusuf openly declares his belief that Islam is in a mess. He wants Muslims to return to their "true faith", stripped of violence, intolerance and hatred. Nor does he pay much deference to the states in which many Muslims live. When we meet, he declares: "Many people in the west do not realise how oppressive some Muslim states are - both for men and for women. This is a cultural issue, not an Islamic one. I would rather live as a Muslim in the west than in most of the Muslim countries, because I think the way Muslims are allowed to live in the west is closer to the Muslim way. A lot of Muslim immigrants feel the same way, which is why they are here."

You guys have heard of Google right? It's kind of a big deal. Not as exciting researching this material, as it is reading about violent atrocities though.

There is more, but I have no more time for either the OP or Badwolf.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4/14/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Show me where have I said all muslims are the same. Strawman.

Easy. Here.

Peaceful majority paradigm is a lie, islam is a dangerous cult.
I hope it gets harder from here.

We have a survey done among almost 40% of all world muslim population, which clearly shows in average 53% of them are violent extemists. Tell me what is not clear.

How you manage to disparage 1.5 Billion Muslims based on 53% of 40% of them. I am not sure what is clear about labeling a group based on half of half of them.

Since immigrants come from non-western world muslim countries, and the survey represents the opinion of more than 40% of muslims living in non-western world, where is the problem when I say that half of the immigrants are probably extremist? Do muslim immigrants come from Mars?

There is no logic at all in that. First of all, 53% of 40% is not half. Get a pencil and paper out and try this for us, ok (1/2) * (1/2) = X. You have all the time you need and scrap paper is available. Second of all you have done nothing to show a correlation between extremists and immigration. Even if 90% of the world's Muslims admitted to being extremists, you have shown nothing that would prove the Muslims immigrating here do not solely come from the remaining 10%. You assume too much from so little. It seems you have a set conclusion you hope to either reach yourself or convince others to believe for you.

Again, strawman. I have said 53% are extremists, 47% are probably OK. See, I dont put all non-western muslims in the same basket.

I am not sure you know what a strawman is. 100-53=47. If 53% are extremists, then your labeling of all Muslims as dangerous cult members does indeed paint that other 47%. That is how percentages work. Again

Yes of course. I am not doing it. I said half of the non-western muslims are brainwashed extremists, not all of them. And their distribution is certainly not uniform.

Funny cuz I thought you said

I was very careful in my posts to not paint all muslims with the same brush, always refering to "extremist half of (non-western) muslim population, or majority in some areas", which is a conclusion supported by hard data. Specifically because of people who think even repeating a result of a poll is somehow islamophobic. The distribution of extemists who made up that half is certainly not uniform, in some areas they are a minority, in some they are a majority.

Really? How careful?

Since immigrants do not come from Mars, but from the non-western muslim world, in which in average half of population is extremist, simple logic dictates half of immigrants would also be extremist. It aint rocket surgery

So...the answer is no facts. You have presented NO FACTS at all to go with that assumption. Gotcha. How far can your rocket go? What kind of surgery do you perform on it? Your posts are not as carefully worded as you may think. My neighbor is a non-Muslim from Canada. That is right, he is an immigrant from Canada. Your sentence above says that immigrants are either from Mars, or Muslims. Uh...OK! And no facts. No facts at all. Almost sorry I asked for any.

It is a valid assumption that number of extremists among second and subsequent generations of muslim immigrants is probably lower than among the first (which is 50%).

An assumption is an assumption no matter how you self rate it.

Or are you saying it is higher? I would like to see how would you arrive at such assumption.

First we need at least one number to go on in the number of extremist Muslims immigrating to the United States but you do not seem to have anything like that you are just guessing.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

What you are saying is akin to me saying all Christians are violent extremists because of the Westboro baptist mob.

I've got a better one actually, good ol Christian USA attacking Iraq for its WMD's.

See how it works both ways? I wish you did but you seem completely blinded by your own delusion.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

It is you who is not thinking clearly and showing a true lack of responsibility. Your works show your true colors.

Deny reality some more, make more excuses, change the subject,whine to the mods,
its doing so much to change the view on Islam...

Your ways of answering these issues is as good as justifying the actions of your brothers.

My works show my true colours? Explain please. Also when did I whine to the mods about anything on this thread?

To the Mods and management of ATS can you please confirm the fact that I never contacted you regarding any material in this thread? You must have a record of some sort.

The actions of my brothers? You mean the murdering psychopaths mentioned in your OP?

Are you serious? You have zero credibility now.

Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

There's this thing called the Crusades.........................................

read a book

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

If you scrolls back, you will see that I was talking specifically about Pakistan in that post.:

Most of Pakistani muslims are violent brainwashed extremists, nothing new here. 82 % support stoning people who commit adultery, 76 % want death penalty for those who leave islam.

pewglobal.org...

I am not sure you know what a strawman is. 100-53=47. If 53% are extremists, then your labeling of all Muslims as dangerous cult members does indeed paint that other 47%. That is how percentages work.

Yes, I should have said radical islam, or Afpak islam. I think it was obvious from the context of the post that I didnt mean all muslims, such as liberal muslims in the west. But you are right, that sentence was badly worded. Let me rewrite it:

In Pakistan, peaceful majority paradigm is a lie, and islam is a dangerous cult there.

The same is true for lots of other countries, where support for extremism is prevalent, often in majority.

There is no logic at all in that. First of all, 53% of 40% is not half.

And what makes you think that the other 60% (maybe except naturalised western muslims) would be substantially different, or better? Ever heard of null hypothesis? In the absence of evidence to the contary, or better data, we should assume those 40% are a good approximation to 100%. Not that there are 0% extremists among the other 60%, that would be ridiculous.

Second of all you have done nothing to show a correlation between extremists and immigration. Even if 90% of the world's Muslims admitted to being extremists, you have shown nothing that would prove the Muslims immigrating here do not solely come from the remaining 10%.

Again, very improbable. Common sense dictates that the composition of immigrants from a country is not substantially different from its population. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, thats what we should assume.

My neighbor is a non-Muslim from Canada. That is right, he is an immigrant from Canada. Your sentence above says that immigrants are either from Mars, or Muslims.

I was obviously speaking only about immigrants from muslim countries.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Is there honestly such thing as a peaceful Muslim? In the Koran it says that followers of Islam must kill Jews and Christians.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Islam isn't to blame it's stupid ignorant people that are to blame and every country and every religion has their fair share of that category.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

How come so many stupid ignorant people fall under the category of Islam I wonder?

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 4/14/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Just so you know, you are generalizing a group numbering in the millions by the actions of one person.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Religion is not the answer. Jesus is the answer. We humans fail miserably trying to be good on our own. We need Jesus in our hearts.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

There's this thing called the Crusades.........................................

read a book

crusades weren't of God.

Catholics follow the law.

Christians are free from the law b/c of Jesus.

You know history but you don't know Jesus.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

We have a survey done among almost 40% of all world muslim population, which clearly shows in average 53% of them are violent extemists. Tell me what is not clear.

LMAO!!!! So you honestly believe someone went to every single world Muslim population in the world and asked them that survey? Do you have any idea of the logistical nightmare that would ensue trying to pull something like that off? Lets see your source for this bold and unprecedented claim. It would be the most amazingly comprehensive survey ever undertaken by anyone to actually travel the world over finding every single Muslim population, then taking a non biased cross section of this culture just to give them a survey. Sure a survey like this could be possible in a single country limited to a small group that's representative of the Muslim community of that area. But even a child could tell you that doing this survey the world over would be an impossible task! With all due respect sir, and I mean this not as an insult, but rather to inform you of your error, I believe that your hatred has made you irrational, and willing to believe any nonsense that supports your point of view, whether there is merit to it or not.
edit on 14-4-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Added a word, and subtracted the last half of one sentence to make it read smoother.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sforscott
In the Koran it says that followers of Islam must kill Jews and Christians.

ORLY?

Can you site the passage which says this?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Really there's only that group in pakistan, oh yea & malaysia, oh yea & afghanistan, & egypt, & iraq, & syria, oh yea & well you get the picture. But really it is a peaceful religion. (insert sarcasm here)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

My title was accurate for the simple fact, it is the behaviors and statements that these same groups of radical muslims of which I was speaking. It is not my fault that you or these others cannot discearn that for yourselves.
I did not in any way say this was the fault of all muslims. did you or any of the others even read my OP or is it simply the fact you dont do well understanding what you read?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join