It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Raped in Deserted Denver Airport Concourse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
WTF??!!

www.foxnews.com...

So...a six-year old girl can get frisked/fondled by TSA staff because, who knows, she could be a terrorist, but a man can rape a woman IN AN AIRPORT and...

*cricket, cricket*

Love the janitors, btw...

The woman says two janitors passed by during the attack but did nothing.

"I was appalled that I was going through something so brutal, and they kept walking. There’s no security there to yell out to,” she said. "This was going on for almost ten minutes, and nobody was doing anything."

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

This is disconcerting, but not surprising... People are so complacent nowadays that they don't want to get involved in being a witness or anything like that - possibly scared... but it's still disgusting they let this happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Denver International huh?

That is the supposed Illuminati secret hideout or something right?

That would make sense if those "janitors" just walked by. Just making sure the dark deed was being done.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

You obviously don't get it. My point is that the TSA failed in BOTH instances.

You might want straighten out your tone and your attitude.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The accused is a former US Marine? Wonder if he's dealing with trauma or ptsd. The janitors are a piece of # what does it take to call 911 if you're too much of a puss to intervene?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

TSA can touch up a six year old kid but they cant stop a rape, Are you kidding me??????? What are TSA in an airport for???????? SECURITY????????????
There are so many yanks that want security when they get on the plane , yet someone gets raped in the airport.
No seriously are you all that stupid???? No seriously,,,,,,,,,,,are you.????????? I'll answer that , YES or you just dont care.
You have TSA fondle a kid yet a women gets raped in AN AIRPORT???????????
I wish i could swear at you yanks right now. You have lost the meaning of life.

S&F
For showing the pathetic part of the world
edit on 13-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Airports have security other than TSA. Maybe YOU don't get it, sir. I can tell you'll be as insensitive as possible as long as you get your "point across" about how "evil" TSA is though. Bravo

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You know what I don't understand, how this makes national news... Don't rapes occur all over the country, 100s of times everyday? What makes this case so special? Perhaps it is the fear value that this too could happen to you in ANY airport. But why did FOX news of all places, leave the word "Deserted" in the title if that was the mission? No, this doesn't add up. I think it is more likely that this story was pushed with cash by a private group, for propaganda purposes. Most likely the Feminists. There is a war on men going on if you haven't noticed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The murals made him do it.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Slightly off topic:

Didn't DIA cost 5 billion to build, and now it has "deserted" concourses?

As to the TSA, I believe their job is to handle passenger screening, not patrol the airport. Or is that now part of their charter?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 13-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: Rescinded post

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Slightly off topic:

As to the TSA, I believe their job is to handle passenger screening, not patrol the airport. Or is that now part of their charter?

Apparently it happened in the early morning. Most concourses are empty during the late night into the early morning. Sure the lady saw two janitors walk by, but thta doesn't mean that they saw her. Either that or they are illegals and didn't want to get involved, which happens a lot.

You are right. TSA has nothing to do with airport patrol. Their job desription is in the name TRANSPORTATION SCREENING AGENCY. That is why every airport has marshalls who patrol the airport. That was who was called and they are the ones who responded.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
surely there was CCTV in the airport?
If your telling me someone had a big enough blindspot to rape someone in a airport there are more problems at hand.
Whats stopping someone making a bomb or improvised weapon

I believe the TSA do need to step up there game, whether or not they are responsible for patrolling they do need to ensure security.

Edit: Isn't it Transportation Security Administration
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security responsible for the safety and security of the travelling public in the United States.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-4-2011 by phantom150 because: add

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phantom150

This isn't in TSA's jurisdiction or part of what they are able to do. They catch enough crap for screening passengers, you know think they should patrol the airports?

That is the airport marshalls job. That is what they are paid to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

I stand corrected.

DIA actually does use another firm for physical security:

www.denverpost.com...

Thanks for helping me deny my ignorance.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by phantom150

Yes, you are right, thank you for nitpicking. Although I don't see much of a differance.

Agency or Administration. Doesn't change anything.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

This is disconcerting, but not surprising... People are so complacent nowadays that they don't want to get involved in being a witness or anything like that - possibly scared... but it's still disgusting they let this happen.

I think its that people are scared of the consequences of helping others, take this for example.

About 4 years ago, just around the corner from where I live a 15 year old girl was being raped. A man named Joe landon heard the cries of the young girl and ran to heard aid. Seeing the rapist on top of her he ran at the guy and kicked him in the head. Unfortunately (For joe) the rapist had a "previous medical condition" and he died 2 days later. Joe was convicted of manslaughter and has currently served 4 years of a 6 year sentence.

Tell me, where's the justice?

ALS

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

I'm from Aus and out security setup works abit differently.

I do belive that the TSA or the power in charge of enforcing security and safety needs to be able to identify a threat in there own airport.
If the agency's can't communicate what chance do you have when a potential full scale event happens?

Becoming,
I was referring to the Security/screening side of the name not agency.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Slightly off topic:

Apparently it happened in the early morning. Most concourses are empty during the late night into the early morning. Sure the lady saw two janitors walk by, but thta doesn't mean that they saw her. Either that or they are illegals and didn't want to get involved, which happens a lot.

You are right. TSA has nothing to do with airport patrol. Their job desription is in the name TRANSPORTATION SCREENING AGENCY. That is why every airport has marshalls who patrol the airport. That was who was called and they are the ones who responded.

Actually, it's Transportation Security Administration: www.tsa.gov...

And in this case, they did NOT have anything to do with airport security (as a previous poster pointed out to me). They use Denver Police and HSS, as indicated here:

www.denverpost.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join