It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding - Most important event in history?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
About as important as Charlie Sheen.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

evryone is assuming that those watching will be radiating positivity. I'd have to question that. The guys stuck watching with their girlfriends or wives will be wondering what it would be like to tap Kate and the women will havw decided within fifteen seconds whether they'd shag the Prince. Then they'd be fantasizing on how to spend his fst wallet. Sad state of the western world

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I hear what you're saying and I think we all need a reason to be happy if only for a few hours, but this ain't it my friend. We just saw students protesting tuition increases in London and now the royal family wants to parade their wealth for all to see, it's in very poor taste and shows how out of touch with the people they are. Clearly the protestors attacking Prince Charle's limo wasn't enough of a warning to wake them up.
It's time for the uber rich to start laying low, with gas at almost $5.00 a gallon and food prices increasing daily the tension and anger is growing and our tolerance for this bullsh*t is nearing zero.
How about we televise the withdrawl and homecoming of all US soldiers currently serving in Afghanistan and Iraq? The universal joy and happiness this event would bring is real, tangible and crucial to the survival of this planet.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Since I can't seem to get a straight, clear answer in the other Royal Wedding thread aside from vehement political vitriol and presumed deliberate ignorance of foreign individuals, I'll post my question here.
In all honest curiosity, how is there still a monarchy there at all?
Do they still have any real power? Are they still active in the daily politics and running of the nation anymore?
Or are they just there out of tradition?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

we had masses of positive energy when Diana got married, we also had masses of positive energy when Obama got elected. Fool me once, fool me twice ect, ect. Peace star.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It's a day off for me, and for that I am thankful! I shall be in Wales during the wedding, potting for lobsters and sitting next to an open fire on the beach.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
TBH im English and im not that fussed about the wedding TBH :S

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Thats funny. Thats the same way we feel about your America !

Are you as shallow as those you accuse of liking a royal wedding.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Those two people who are getting married are no greater than you or I, and just as celebrating pagan holidays (despite "positive energy") is wrong, so it is here as well. No idolatry for me, thanks.
I can be glad for them and believe sincerely, "Good for you guys!" as I would for anyone else getting married, but that's pretty much it.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I'll watch the royal honeymoon. Bow-Chicka-Wow-Wow. She is smokin hot. How could this be the most important event in history?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
In my reality watching this wedding.?? Is like acknowledging the illusion of power structures.
Placing them on a pedestal????

Turn around, dont give it a platform.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Bread and circuses.
Or more correctly, no bread, but a circus.
I think I'll spend the day sans telly.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
i live in the uk but not england, seeing the royals getting married is an excuse to go to the hardware store and finish my garden because we get a holiday. it does also remind me of the sponge that these events are on our hard grafted tax money. dont get me wrong weddings are good and a day to celebrate, but watching inbred germans and greeks drinking and enjoying some free money is indifferent to me, maybe if the queen pops it too we can get a long weekend

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Where everyone is happy clapping and cheering?

The UK isn't care bear land. In most cases of "street parties" there will be some who get too drunk. The police force will have it's work cut out.

As far as being in the UK and giving a damn about the wedding...
The most important event in history? Why would watching two of the most privileged people on Earth getting married, when the UK doesn't need to waste any more money, be a positive event? Maybe because people are told it's important and get in line...
edit on 12-4-2011 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Royal Wedding meh....I'm annoyed that an unelected parasite is using tax payers money to marry another very wealthy person, but the Windsor PR machine knows that most people love a 'Fairytale', however I'm sure there will be some civil disobedience on the day :-)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Just to point out, the Queen is quite poor. Theres not all that much money in it anymore. Lady gaga and other similarly useless artists rank higher on the rich scale.

I agree, as to why should anyone care, for the most part. However, i find it a good idea to keep check on who's marrying into bloodlines. I am English, and i probably will be watching, and having a drink with the girlfriend. Just to see whos there and whos 'in' with who. A group of the elite? Worth my viewing.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Plus, the street party thing, there have been about 5000 application to local councils for Street Parties. I don't really know how many streets there are in the UK, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 5000, it isn't as important to most people as the tabloids and BBC are making out

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Its mostly accepted the only reason we still have a monarchy here is the tourism it draws. Theres no power.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee
Plus, the street party thing, there have been about 5000 application to local councils for Street Parties. I don't really know how many streets there are in the UK, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 5000, it isn't as important to most people as the tabloids and BBC are making out

lol there more applications for lifting the ban on smoking in pubs than there is for royal wedding street parties

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I get the premise of your thread Saturn, I personally don't think it will make a lick of difference BUT it will be interesting to see...

What will happen though is the multitude of threads popping up afterwards with people claiming they saw UFO's flying overhead (birds) or someone shapeshifting (guaranteed to be sourced from youtube) and possibly even a time traveler!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join