It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding - Most important event in history?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
While psychics will tell you that historical events that focus the energy of the planet on one place or event are very important times, this is hardly "the most important event in history".

It's just a bit more than the equivalent number of viewers worldwide as a Soccer World Cup final (about 1.5 - 2 billion viewers worldwide).

Soccer world cup finals are hardly important events, either.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Damn it Jimmyx, stop making good points and intelligent comments, don't you realize we are supposed to be open minded to the jewel of royal relationships and admire how much better they are than us based on how "FABULOUS" their expenditures are? GOSH! Some people I swear.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
While psychics will tell you that historical events that focus the energy of the planet on one place or event are very important times, this is hardly "the most important event in history".

It's just a bit more than the equivalent number of viewers worldwide as a Soccer World Cup final (about 1.5 - 2 billion viewers worldwide).

Especially for the English.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by jimmyx

Point taken.
I hope you read my more previous post about not being a mental whore to mindless fluff.
I like history so I meant in a small way, and dude I mean in the smallest of freaking ways.....that it might be interesting. But as soon as the thought came it was replaced with.....reason..lol

...you're ok in my book...i like the way you think...like they say, "great minds think of the same crap"...paraphrasing, of course.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Cool, disagreeing with each other is the way it works sometimes so I respect your decision.
After all nothing we say about any of this will change the fact the world keeps spinning right?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Point taken.
I hope you read my more previous post about not being a mental whore to mindless fluff.
I like history so I meant in a small way, and dude I mean in the smallest of freaking ways.....that it might be interesting. But as soon as the thought came it was replaced with.....reason..lol

So, its reasonable to not watch historical events because you do not particularly like the overall archtypes being portrayed.
like saying you wouldn't watch hitler give his first speech because your not a fan of hitler...or wouldn't go see christ crucified because your an atheist.
frankly, thats even more reason to watch said events.

its royalty in a age where people know we are all born equal in regards to life worth..its an anomoly, especially for a western nation..but again, thats not the point of it...the point is the world focus on a specific positive event, and of course it being historic and recorded for all time is noteworthy also.

don't let peer pressure change your mind...its not "cool" to be apathetic or eternally angry...thats a kids show and the easiest emotion to embrace.

The effect is simple. two people in love are going to have a ceremony. this happens every day, but the difference is, hundreds upon hundreds of millions will be watching it (if not billions)..cause and effect.

I imagine we will still have to go to work, pay taxes, etc...however, who knows...the very essence (soul?) of a person participating in that event may be altered just a little bit and see the world one degree less than the hell they currently may percieve it as, which may have effects throughout. an extra buck towards a worthy charity, a simple smile at a random person whom is having a crap day that was considering something bad until they seen the smile, etc...the effects may be measurable, subtle, or non-existant...the point is, it seems there is only a positive outcome in participation...even if its strictly to view with your own eyeballs something historic that didn't involve a large explosion and body count at the end.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I don't see anything postive, fluffy or enlightening about a wedding paid for by the already financially broken British nation.

Neither do I, but everything they do, everything they eat, everywhere they live, all the trips they take, the clothes they wear, the cars they drive, the people they hire.... ad nauseam infinitum, is paid for on the backs of every working person/serf/debt slave. Just like the Rothschilds, bankers, other monarchs and flavour of the day politicians, these are all truly, the USELESS EATERS as they like to call many others who are simply disenfranchised.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

aaahhhh...your clever retort, had me spit out my coffee with laughter...now i have to wipe off my monitor...yeah, the brits just hate to lose a football match
edit on 11-4-2011 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Huh? Simply put I don't like jury duty because it interrupts my life...(Duty aside). I don't like Ramen noodle soups because they have too much sodium and make me feel puffy, I don't like obama.. (bush), so I didn't watch any of his BS while he was running for president. I don't like getting mentally sodomized by anything that comes from the television, so like wise I will avoid it at all costs. I hate the elite so I wish to fight against them and their belief that their existence is so important to me and the world that I will stop whatever I'm doing and take part in this celebration of ridiculousness.

So because I dislike or disagree with something means I should take overt action to be a part of it? No.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The most important event in history?
I doubt it'll even be the most important event of THAT DAY.
I see the point of your thread, op, but I really don't think this event is anything more than elite people trying to demonstrate how "superior" they are to the rest of us on live tv.
I think it's going to generate more negativity than positivity.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't like Ramen noodle soups because they have too much sodium and make me feel puffy,

You just made an enemy!

Ramen is the best invention this side of christ! for shame. for shaaaame!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey
Great, really want to be watching some s*it like this, ill be in the pub getting battered.

We pay for this wedding with our taxes, why should we? And legally employers don't have to pay you to be off on the day, yet most firms are shutting down!

I couldn't care less about this event

Actually, you are incorrect. Most employers WILL be paying their staff to be off for the day, as it's been declared a Statutory Holiday (Bank Holiday) in the UK.

Therefore, just like any other stat day, employees will get paid. Unless, of course, you work for the London Underground or British Airways and decide to go on strike.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Excellent retort. Not since 1966, anyway

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evaux
The most important event in history?
I doubt it'll even be the most important event of THAT DAY.
I see the point of your thread, op, but I really don't think this event is anything more than elite people trying to demonstrate how "superior" they are to the rest of us on live tv.
I think it's going to generate more negativity than positivity.

Some people won't get past the actors involved and therefore either won't watch it, or will have only contempt..

its not even really about a conscious decision or not...its what may (or may not be) happening in the background, the actual energy leaving your body and focusing in on a point with multitudes of others...overwhelming any other energy.

It may be nothing, it may be something huge, we don't know, because offhand I do not know of (potentially) 2 billion people focusing in on a single event at the same time with positive and happy emotions flowing.

spiritualists, hippys, and every 3rd interview on project camelot is talking about how if we come together collectively in numbers (doesn't even have to be an epic number, just a whole ton of people) and raise the positive energy, all sorts of good things happen, but we never seem to have those moments.

Well, here is one of those moments...and in a few months or years, when someone starts spouting off about how if a hundred million people just for 10 minutes focused on positive and love and the world vibration would change and rainbows everywhere...we can then point at this example and say "been there, done that..this was the result".

it puts a speculative argument to rest at the very least.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Remember the huge "economic shock" we endured a while back and continue to find ourselves mired in right now?

Payment to the Royal Family to purchase their comfort.

The Queen dipped into her piggy bank, which happens to be the whole of the planet, and took a few coins to see that her offspring are well cared for.

We foot the bill to this day for the lives of ease and comfort enjoyed by the Royals.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I like yakisoba, that is my answer to that..

ON TOPIC however, I really do see where you are coming from in your thread, I have a personal grievance against this group of people. I personally feel it is just a haze of pop culture being blown in the faces of the world to make them forget the reality of whats going on around us.
Does it offer escapism? Yeah, But then again so do drug pushers. You can get stoned and not worry about paying bills all the while your in a house with the electricity turned off, but it changes nothing, you still have to pay.

I know this is being crammed down my throat by corporate media and what not, and I protest 110% and then some. To me it is on the same level as American idol, dancing with the stars and whats the latest celeb gossip.
These things in (my opinion alone mind you) are a detriment to society.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ok purely out of interest I've looked at the worlds events on the year surrounding Charles & Di's wedding.
www.thepeoplehistory.com...

Still much doom & gloom. Plagues, wars and pestilence. But we did get the TINTERNET & Pacman.
Maybe there is something uplifting and beautiful brought about by a reptilian union after all.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey
Great, really want to be watching some s*it like this, ill be in the pub getting battered.

We pay for this wedding with our taxes, why should we? And legally employers don't have to pay you to be off on the day, yet most firms are shutting down!

I couldn't care less about this event

Actually, you are incorrect. Most employers WILL be paying their staff to be off for the day, as it's been declared a Statutory Holiday (Bank Holiday) in the UK.

Therefore, just like any other stat day, employees will get paid. Unless, of course, you work for the London Underground or British Airways and decide to go on strike.

So why are many of my mates firms refusing to pay them then?

Its not an official bank holiday. There wont be one next year, it is a one off. Its all dependent on your contract with your employer.

So that isnt most really is it

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

And a smooth move by Cameron recently, making it easy for employers to off you without tribuneral should you moan about the day off without the pittance they already pay you.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Pacman.

As an avid gamer, I am now fully on board with this wedding thing. If we can achieve the greatness that the pacman landmark gave us, then its worth watching 100 royal weddings, and perhaps even a inquisition or two just for the epicness of what once was.

alas you hungry yellow ball, you united us once, may the legasy and bloodline of that which is Mr Man..Pac by his friends bring us once again back into the royal unity of the lands.

I heard that internet thing was overblown and died out shortly after that though...no real change there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join