It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding - Most important event in history?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey folks.
I have been participating in a thread here: 2 Billion People to Watch Royal Wedding and although the subject itself was just slightly amusing yet inconsequencial initially, I did see a very curious reaction.

I am an American, so the Royals wedding each other has very little effect on me in regards to national pride or any of that...I can certainly understand the national pride moment many will feel over in the UK, not to mention the whole legacy/Di closure..however, one thing truely struck me.

Originally posted by bellagirl
dont you agree though that it will be lovely to watch something where everyone is happy......clapping and cheering.

when i think back over the last say 10 years i cant think of anything that was on t.v that was watched by billions that made people happy. we all watched by the billions as planes flew into towers, as waves washed away hundreds of thousands, bombs fell on people killing them, earthquakes that as you watched you just knew that people were taking their last breath and dying.

screw it, i will be watching and i might even have a glass of champagne

(nice going newbie..brilliant perspective).

So, that thread was rife with anger and lots of negativity...of course no self respecting human would dare watch royals getting married, and the ATS crowd is certainly above such sheeple stuff, right?

Well, consider this.

How often have we heard from the ATS crowd how the world is angry, how if we got together collectively, not everyone, but just a significant amount of people, and joined for a little while in a positive focus, how the world itself would transform..

A wedding of the royals...potentially 2 billion people watching, focusing at the same time, and most having positive energy directed...for one, almost 1/3rd of the world would have positive energy being released.

Consider other things that have brought just as many people into focus....death...fear...hate. watching towers crumble, of bombs being dropped somewhere, etc..

I am not a big believer in collective feelings = world events, however, I can point out the curiousity that as we seem to collectively focus more on really negative s--t, more really negative s--t happens (quakes, etc). again, just pointing out...focused negative energy and shortly thereafter, bad stuff happens.

So, run your own conclusions on that...

But point is...if you want to feel positive and happy for a hour or so one day and know your not alone, flip the TV on...it may be more important than you think to the world...and if not, then at least for a little while, you felt happy with a whole tribe of people

incidently, if I was the suspicious type, I would look skeptically at the ones demanding we not watch it and maintain our negative outlook, our anger, our hostility, etc...with any action, there is a reaction...the action here is positive energy, it would make sense for negative energy to reject and try to repel it...

Anyhow...thoughts? What is the possible effect of 2 billion people having a moment of positive unified energy focusing in on love? Nothing? everything? will the world change at all? Come on you spiritual types, chime in (you know the haters will)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Chicks and their romantic crap. I hope ufos show up like people think they might. That would make me watch.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce

Chicks and their romantic crap. I hope ufos show up like people think they might. That would make me watch.

Chicks?

I am about as man as you can get. got the back hair to prove it

UFOs showing up? don't think so..and if they did, how would you know (considering you didn't watch it to begin with..and media..blackout...you know how that works).

anyhow, this isn't about UFOs showing up..thats a different thread. This is about the potential effects (or non effects) of a massive collective of positive energy verses negative for once.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am so indifferent to the whole affair I nearly didn't post this.
Seriously, I just don't care and wont be watching any of it.
For the record my nation is part of the commonwealth, it probably makes me care less .

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I hope they both morph into reptilians on live tv, now that would be worth watching lol

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

massive collective of positive energy verses negative for once.

What? Nothing particular will happen, even if the whole planet was watching.

+8 more 
link   
I don't get it.

What about two people 10,000 miles away getting married is supposed to make me happy?

Sure, they found love, MAYBE, congratulations - but that is all it means to me.

Why is it that this wedding is being televised? What makes this any more special than a wedding that happens every day down the street? Do you go out to the church and watch random couples get married just to make you feel "happy" about it? I daresay you don't and neither does anyone else.

These people are celebrities, and worse off, they are self proclaimed royalty. They continue a trend that brought chaos and doom to Europe for the past 1000+ years. They continue with the BS that they are royal blood and somehow, for some reason, the common man are supposed to respect them more than anyone else.

No, I will not turn into this wedding because it is nothing more than a sham. It is a glorified episode of TMZ, where the entire world gets the news at once. I have no interest in these people, and they are not better than me or anyone else, in any way whatsoever, that they deserve to have a globally televised wedding; that they deserve to have anybody care at all besides their own families.

In my opinion, by watching this thing you are only solidifying the ideal that they have created for you to believe in: that these people are more important than you, and they deserve your attention more than you deserve theirs.

To each is own. Continue the stagnant ways if you wish, but realize what you are doing by accepting it.

link   
So...nobody so far has any comments about focused positive energy by a mass amount then?

Surely some of you can get your head out of your own feelings and negativity for a half second to just ponder it...well, sure, some of you won't be able to, but I imagine there may be the odd person that can actually address the implications of the topic verses how they personally feel.

Awake...the people of ATS always considers themselves awake, yet they cannot address the actual topic without turning it onto them personally.

awake as a log

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
of course not, don't be naive

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
does this belong on ATS? who gives a rats rump (ok, 2 billion people), but they are like the people that stare at a car wreck as they go pass...please find another blog for this trivial and superficial crap.

now if the queen and her royal kin was giving away the billions of royal wealth to charity and science to further mankinds needs...that i would watch.
edit on 11-4-2011 by jimmyx because: syntax

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So...nobody so far has any comments about focused positive energy by a mass amount then?

Surely some of you can get your head out of your own feelings and negativity for a half second to just ponder it...well, sure, some of you won't be able to, but I imagine there may be the odd person that can actually address the implications of the topic verses how they personally feel.

Awake...the people of ATS always considers themselves awake, yet they cannot address the actual topic without turning it onto them personally.

awake as a log

That's assuming positive/negative is energy is real (which it's not) and has a physical impact (which it hasn't).

You can believe what you want but please don't call ATSers asleep because they don't share your belief into new age mumbo-jumbo
edit on 11-4-2011 by AxlJones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AxlJones

massive collective of positive energy verses negative for once.

What? Nothing particular will happen, even if the whole planet was watching.

Thanks...at least that is addressing the topic.

So, you believe there is no mind over matter then, all the meditation, prayers, etc etc etc...all hogwash.

not that I disagree with that, just trying to lay it out in context.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Wasn't calling you a chick.... Comment by bellagirl. I'd rather get warm and fuzzy in another way. Energy needs direction.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
does this belong on ATS? who gives a rats rump (ok, 2 billion people), but they are like the people that stare at a car wreck as they go pass...please find another blog for this trivial and superficial crap.

Your inability to see the true impact of a collective focus to potentially alter the world is inconsequencial. You have demonstrated only your inability to see the subject matter for what it is.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The Royal what?? Oh yeah that whole wedding thing that's right.
uhhhh... Phew...lets see, uhmm yeah, I don't think Ill be watching any of it at all in any way shape or form lest I accidentally pick up a razor and slash my wrists long ways to insure death.

You see I kind of have this issue with the people of the world who honestly believe they are the...(clears throat)..."Elites" and as such I boycott them in every way and at every chance I get. Call me pessimistic or suspicious or paranoid, or cynical or what have you; the fact is that I just think they are a bunch of F***TARDS and I have no interest in their piddly existence.
Moreover, I wish upon them a failed marriage and a miserable life akin to the one they help inflict on the rest of the world with their underhanded elitist ways.

Royal what? Oh yeah, wedding I forgot again silly me.
edit on 11-4-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I can see what your getting at Saturn, and I for one believe in the power of positive energy, but just how positive will the energy be? People will be focused on the glamour of the event, how expensive everything looks. Indeed there will be many who are touched by the ceremony, but considering the family concerned, can anything positive really come from feeding their megalomania?

Lol, sorry to be so negative, I just dont think the royals are very nice. Would be cool to see them shape shift into reptillians though

edit on 11-4-2011 by davo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You can believe what you want but please don't call ATSers asleep because they don't share your belief into new age mumbo-jumbo
edit on 11-4-2011 by AxlJones because: (no reason given)

You are the spokesperson for everyone on ATS? interesting. Congratulations on that..does it pay well?

incidently, I must have missed the U2U by you on how I view all things...surely your not speaking for me..so not sure how you can catagorize your view as the view of all ATSers.

because they don't share your belief

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Im a little dissapointed by the reaction to your thread so far. I am in no way a royalist, but you have made a very valid point, two billion people feeling happy could very much be considered a unique event. Im also a little cynical of all the royality bashing in this forum, would you americans consider the Bushes to be the american equivilent?, my point being, the british royal family are part of a world wide elite, and i wonder if London would be constantly packed full of tourists if we did not have them.
Anyway, I hope the sun shines on the 29 April, and that nothing bad happens as that would be just another nail in the coffin for this blody world.
(The chances of the sun shining are less likely than ufo's landing btw)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OMG OMG OMG. Royal Wedding OMG OMG OMG
Most important event in history??????? No are you serious????? No really..... are you really serious???????
The biggest waste of tax payers money...... well yes.
You lost me at that part when you mentioned a royal wedding and it being important.
What a waste of time and money for the tax payers. And what a waste of time for you to be jumping up and down like a school girl because willy is getting married, but dont bother jumping to high as willy and his brother isn't coming for you.
So the most important thing in history....is it???? Well...... NO it isn't. The Most pathetic excuse for a public holiday in history ....., well yes it is.

edit on 11-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by jimmyx

Your inability to see the true impact of a collective focus to potentially alter the world is inconsequencial. You have demonstrated only your inability to see the subject matter for what it is.

sorry about that...being 58 years old and having been around the block a few times, i base my world on reality, and not on "collective focus"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join