It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

reply to post by lawlb0t

Originally posted by lawlb0t
The indigenous peoples in that area during that time were melanated.

You might want to click on the following two posts (if you haven't already):

Originally posted by Tamahu
SirKnightE, did you happen to read this post and this post?

If so, what is your view in regard to the there-quoted information?

The quotes from Godfrey Higgins are of particular interest to Masons.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Tamahu because: added text

Thanks. Good posts. Your username says it all

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

How did you work out that all my entire thread was about white supremacy, did you actually read it? It is actually about Atlantis!
I have went into all aspects of Atlantis however you pick on one, that they happen to have been white people.

Secondly you fail to understand that Atlantis is NOT Ireland, I never said it was. It is a sunken island off the West cost of Ireland.

Thirdly The Egyptians themselves (book of the dead) tell us where their pharaonic line comes from, a sunken land and later they went in search of that sunken island.
edit on 28-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

I don't see it as about pale supremacy, however, I do find it common for some europeans to create history that is completely opposite of the evidence both empirical and rational.
edit on 28-4-2011 by lawlb0t because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by lawlb0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Khemet may mean black land, and the Egyptians were dark skinned(Black???) however the Egyptians tell us they inherited their knowledge from Thoth and he and those who he brought with him were not from that land. They came from a sunken island in the west. The quote you posted earlier shows nicely the connection between Thoth and Tuatha ie the tuatha de danann.

Yes I am well aware that black people don't want to hear that those from Atlantis were white however that is what my research has shown and although I know its not popular to say it, I'm going to say it how it is anyway.

I however have not fully gone into the Identity if these white people, It is clear from Irish text that they are somewhat different to the common white person of today, I would call them titans. In later times their genetics were absorbed into the population however.

edit on 30-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I was doing some independent research and found similar genetic migratory patterns indicating that a group had gone from west to east. There is some evidence that indicates it could have been the Phoenicians but I too think that the area around the west of Ireland was at once above water, and in fact there is a large rock that still sticks out called Rockall on the Rockall bank.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wow, you've really seemed to think this trough and do your research. I'm impressed!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
There are many theories concerning the alleged location of Atlantis and, in my opinion, most do no more than cast doubt over the validity of the entire subject.

I think the elegance of this one lends much more credence along with solid evidence to support it.

Good work!!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Too bad most of our time was spent warring and not maturing. Its kind of hard to hold intellectual content with that many wars and libraries being burnt down. I guess every nationality and nation deserves disrespect for their development. Good old fashioned war your have been good to us and left us many trolls.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Too bad most of our time was spent warring and not maturing. Its kind of hard to hold intellectual content with that many wars and libraries being burnt down. I guess every nationality and nation deserves disrespect for their development. Good old fashioned war your have been good to us and left us many trolls.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Did any of you also notice, Plato describes Atlantis as having a large flat fertile plain in the centre of the island surrounded by higher ground....now look at the google Earth image of the island I say is Atlantis and what do you see

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Another theory about who the Tuatha De Dannan were:
Tuatha De Dannan = Tribe of Dan
The arrival of the Tuatha De Dannan coincides with the Assyrians pushing the israelites out of thier homeland. Part of the tribe of Dan were seafaring and this was the first wave of Danites to arrive in Ireland. The rest were pushed north and were part of the Scythians as you have noted. Some of Scythian culture shows thier israelite roots, like the belief of pork being unclean.
All in all though your research is impressive.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Tuatha in Irish also means North and Danu is linked to skills in craft/science so I believe the more correct interpretation of the title Tuatha Dé Danann means "the artificers from the north"

Given the location, where they are coming from and the fact that after the bulk of the island sunk Tir na nOg (faroe island) was always given as being north of Ireland. The sunken bulk of the landmass directly west became known as the land of the dead i.e. the land of the ancestors.
edit on 8-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Luxus, what a good theory, good background you provide. And what a huge, long thread. I have only made it through the first few pages. But
, nice work on your part, thank you. I will come back when I have taken it all in.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
One thing we need to keep in mind is that in modern times many have wrote about sunken civilisations supposedly obtaining their information by psychic means. I tend to avoid such information because though I do believe some people are gifted with such ability's I am also aware that the world is full of frauds and attention seekers. As it is often impossible to know if a person was genuine or not such information should not be relied upon.

Hyperborea for example was talked about by the ancient Greeks however not in the way I bet many of you think of that place today. Many of you if asked would happily say that Hypoborea is on the north pole of the Earth, you say this because you heard it but did you ever search out to find what the ancient Greeks understood by the term hyperborea?

Hyper means beyond and Boreas refers to the spirit which creates the north cold wind. If you look at an ancient map you will see figures of spirits blowing on a particular portion of the glob. These are the Anemoi and the ancients thought that different Anemoi ruled in different portions of the glob resulting in different weather conditions.
Hyperborea would therefore mean a place which is beyond the cold north wind not on the north pole or Greenland as many think.
It should be also noted that Scientists know that Greenland was once green however they also know from ice samples "when" it was last green, that was 450,000 and 800,000 years ago! Given the date Plato gives us for Atlantis we can completely rule out Greenland.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

As for Mu and Lemuria which many of you will tell me was in the pacific, they were completely made up. The ancients never spoke of a place called Mu or Lemuria!

We know that Atlantis was an empire which had invaded many lands and had settlements across the globe, we know this because are told this by Plato so its a fact.
When Plato talks about "Atlantis" he is talking about an island not the sinking of an empire that is quite clear. Although the atlanteans had settlements across the Earth the story of Atlantis is about the loss of their homeland.
Many of you may be from America, Canada, Australia, new Zealand and south Africa however if tomorrow the United kingdom was lost to a massive cataclysm you could say the land of your ancestors, your homeland sunk beneath the waves, it was no different for the Atlanteans, they lost their homeland!

Civilisation Contrary to what you have been taught originated in "the northern Islands of the world" (north hemisphere) just like the ancients said!

edit on 9-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Hi all, just joined and found this item about Atlantis.

On British TV, there has been a great programme that shows how Plato, could have used the story of a big volcanic eruption followed by a massive Tsunami among the Greek Island that devastated Theos (?), to make up the tale of Atlantis.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Not sure if anyone, apart from us Brits, can view this link, but the text behind the film clip may be.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Will be interested in peoples views.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dowot

If you look at Faroe island you will see that it is a volcanic island and the large volcano in Iceland is just next-door so I do think volcanic activity was part of the story of Atlantis. It was only recently that ash from the volcano in Iceland grounded flights in Europe.

edit on 10-5-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ive also heard that the native american indians were of decendents somewhere i forgot but very interesting thread!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
this topic is interesting as i've already covered HyBrasil on my site.

When discussing underwater lore and legends, Atlantis is an obvious subject of interest. However, the lost island of Hy-Brasil is just as intriguing and has more first-person accounts. Hy-Brasil is also spelled Hy-Breasal, Hy-Brazil, Hy-Breasil, Brazir and related variations. It may be the reason that the South American country, Brazil, was so named. The central image on the Brazilian flag, a circle with a channel across the center, is the symbol for Hy-Brasil on early maps.

On maps, the island was shown as being circular, often with a central strait or river running east-west across its diameter. Despite the failure of attempts to find it, it appeared regularly on maps lying south west of Galway Bay from 1325 until 1865, by which time it was called Brazil Rock.

It has also been identified with Porcupine Bank, a shoal in the Atlantic Ocean about 200 kilometers (124 mi) west of Ireland[4] and discovered in 1862. As early as 1870 a paper was read to the Geological Society of Ireland suggesting this identification.[5] The suggestion reappears regularly since, e.g. in an 1883 edition of Notes and Queries[6] and in various publications in the twentieth century, one of the most recent being Graham Hancock‘s book Underworld: Flooded Kingdoms of the Ice Age.

Regardless of the name or location, the island’s history is consistent: It is the home of a wealthy and highly advanced civilization. Those who visited the island returned with tales of gold-roofed towers and domes, healthy cattle, and opulent citizens.

The lore of Hy-Brasil is equally fascinating. For example, it is shrouded in fog or perhaps beneath the ocean, and appears only briefly, once every seven years.

The island has been visited by many people for centuries. Both Saint Barrind and Saint Brendan found the island on their respective voyages, and returned home with nearly identical descriptions of Hy-Brasil, which they dubbed the “Promised Land.”

One of the most famous visits to Hy-Brasil was in 1674 by Captain John Nisbet of Killybegs, Co. Donegal, Ireland. He and his crew were in familiar waters west of Ireland, when a fog came up. As the fog lifted, the ship was dangerously close to rocks. While getting their bearings, the ship anchored in three fathoms of water, and four crew members rowed ashore to visit Hy-Brasil.

They spent a day on the island, and returned with silver and gold given to them by an old man who lived there. Upon the return of the crew to Ireland, a second ship set out under the command of Alexander Johnson.

They, too, found the hospitable island of Hy-Brasil and returned to Ireland to confirm the tales of Captain Nisbet and crew.

Hy-Brasil, the cloaking island – Myth or fact?

Would you mind if I updated my story with your content from this topic?
edit on 8-4-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

Brazil had many names before being the actual Brazil.

The first name was "Pindorama", but that was a name used only by the natives. In the discovery in 1500 the portuguese baptized the new land as "Island of the True Cross" (Ilha de Vera Cruz), later on in 1501 it was called "New Land" (Terra Nova) and also as "Land of the Parrots" (Terra dos papagaios); "Land of the True Cross"(Terra de Vera Cruz) in 1503; ; "Land of the Saint Cross of Brazil" (Terra da Santa Cruz do Brasil), in 1505; "Land of Brazil" (Terra do Brasil), in 1505; and finally in 1526, thanks to the heavy exploitation of "brazilwood" aka pau-brasil (Pau is Portuguese for "stick", and brasil is said to have come from brasa, Portuguese for "ember", meaning "emberlike") the colony was now known as Brazil.

Thought it might be interesting lore for you :p

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

i am really enjoying this thread, but it makes me wonder... who was poseidon, really? i just can't imagine people having ever just made up someone like that, without a basis or foundation for their portrayal of such an immense and powerful entity... it seems to me that poseidon would at least have to be loosely based on an entity that some ancient civilization had encountered, or possibly been ruled by... that would be my thoughts anyways

but S&F, wonderfully interesting thread, i adore ancient lore

now i must return to page 1 and continue my exploration of this thread
edit on 31-8-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by longwinter

I see on that Ceide Fields link, they couldn't help making the visitor center a pyramid.Coincidence?Probably. But you never know.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

Poseidon is Zeus’s younger brother, Zeus is otherwise known as Enlil whilst poseidon is otherwise known as Enki. The war of the Titans and Olympians, Zeus eventually destroyed Atlantis

the war between the Titans and Olympians raged on for ten years in a sort of stalemate, until Zeus "no longer restrained his soul, but straightway his mind was filled with fury and he showed forth all his might." His bolts "flew near at hand" with thunder and with lightning, while in his hands he was "rolling a holy flame." It crashed as it "burned the life-giving earth," and the "infinite wood cried aloud with fire." The oceans "seethed and boiled" as volcanoes (Cottus, Briareus and Gyes) hurled rocks by the hundreds. Once defeated, the warlike Titans are bound and imprisoned forever in Tartarus, a mythological prison far beneath the "waves of the restless ocean" in the far West.

www.atlantisquest.com...
edit on 7-9-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join