It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
this topic is interesting as i've already covered HyBrasil on my site.

When discussing underwater lore and legends, Atlantis is an obvious subject of interest. However, the lost island of Hy-Brasil is just as intriguing and has more first-person accounts. Hy-Brasil is also spelled Hy-Breasal, Hy-Brazil, Hy-Breasil, Brazir and related variations. It may be the reason that the South American country, Brazil, was so named. The central image on the Brazilian flag, a circle with a channel across the center, is the symbol for Hy-Brasil on early maps.

On maps, the island was shown as being circular, often with a central strait or river running east-west across its diameter. Despite the failure of attempts to find it, it appeared regularly on maps lying south west of Galway Bay from 1325 until 1865, by which time it was called Brazil Rock.

It has also been identified with Porcupine Bank, a shoal in the Atlantic Ocean about 200 kilometers (124 mi) west of Ireland[4] and discovered in 1862. As early as 1870 a paper was read to the Geological Society of Ireland suggesting this identification.[5] The suggestion reappears regularly since, e.g. in an 1883 edition of Notes and Queries[6] and in various publications in the twentieth century, one of the most recent being Graham Hancock‘s book Underworld: Flooded Kingdoms of the Ice Age.

Regardless of the name or location, the island’s history is consistent: It is the home of a wealthy and highly advanced civilization. Those who visited the island returned with tales of gold-roofed towers and domes, healthy cattle, and opulent citizens.

The lore of Hy-Brasil is equally fascinating. For example, it is shrouded in fog or perhaps beneath the ocean, and appears only briefly, once every seven years.

The island has been visited by many people for centuries. Both Saint Barrind and Saint Brendan found the island on their respective voyages, and returned home with nearly identical descriptions of Hy-Brasil, which they dubbed the “Promised Land.”

One of the most famous visits to Hy-Brasil was in 1674 by Captain John Nisbet of Killybegs, Co. Donegal, Ireland. He and his crew were in familiar waters west of Ireland, when a fog came up. As the fog lifted, the ship was dangerously close to rocks. While getting their bearings, the ship anchored in three fathoms of water, and four crew members rowed ashore to visit Hy-Brasil.

They spent a day on the island, and returned with silver and gold given to them by an old man who lived there. Upon the return of the crew to Ireland, a second ship set out under the command of Alexander Johnson.

They, too, found the hospitable island of Hy-Brasil and returned to Ireland to confirm the tales of Captain Nisbet and crew.

Hy-Brasil, the cloaking island – Myth or fact?

Would you mind if I updated my story with your content from this topic?
edit on 8-4-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
There Is evidence of an ancient settlement with walls and homes on the west coast of Ireland.. Not sure the correct spelling but it is called the caigee fields in county mayo..
I have been there, there is a museum etc.. From what the guide said alot of this stuff is still a mystery to science..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The truth is coming into the light and evidence will surface to proof that the coverup and misinfomation by the oppressing power through their lame scientists and other disinfo agents is to suppress the truth from people.
We must Not let them continue misleading the people and search for evidence ourselves.Research into what you find and see before you and you will come to the understanding of what what the evidence is,that is before your eyes.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hy Brazil sinks.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Is Céide Fields the area you are referring to?Museum of Mayo

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

yet it managed to get 56 flags... ill never understand that part of ATS...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm not convinced by the theory, but for those interested in it, I suggest you check out Newgrange. It's an ancient (buriel*) site near Tara built around 3000BC, and predates both the Pyramids and Stonehenge. It was built to allow light enter the Chamber on the winter solstice (21st December shortest day of the year) every year, showing the builders had knowledge of astronomy. There are other sites in the complex, known as Brú na Boinne dating back to 3500BC, Newgrange is the most well known. The mythological stories say it was built by or for the Tuath de Dannan. There are also several carvings on rocks, whose meaning is unknown.

I think I remember a seperate by a Swede, who thought Ireland itself was Atlantis, as it met the physical descriptions being roughly the same length and width, with a central plain and mountains around the edges.

*the theory that it was a buriel chamber is not quiet fully accepted and has been challenged by some
edit on 8/4/2011 by MortlitantiFMMJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is a great find! But we can also admit that their could be Multiple Atlantises, in multiple places across the globe!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Thanks for the great thread and insight in to the times before the flood. I have a feeling that Atlantis is spread all around the Atlantic, as if that was their domain. The ocean was their home and as they grew they invaded all the surrounding areas and set up camp. The part in front of Ireland, I would take a wild guess and say it was a mayor island that formed part of the empire of Atlantis.As we dig deeper eventually we will gain access to our true history.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This find isnt new, it has been covered on ATS many times before and there are some great quality threads that cover Tir Nan Og -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also i will re-post a previous post from earlier and although the the mounds are of interest, there are many other Sonar, Topographic and Echo images of the area and nothing else that really looks like evidence of structures or an entire lost civilisation.

In regard to further analysis of the area and sea floor, i found an expedition with lots of information on the sea floor around that area.

It mainly focuses on the northern tip of the area you are referring to. It is a long Pdf but has images from echo sounding and topography. The actual purpose of this expedition was unrelated to this particular theory but it gives us a look at the ocean floor around that area.

JNCC Survey Report

www.lophelia.org...

On page 28 of the report there are some underwater mounds that stood out to me and although they may have been the result of volcanic activity in the past it is worth having a look at

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/558d78cedf13.jpg[/atsimg]

Courtesy Page 28 - JNCC Survey Report

There is also a clip from a 1973 TOW Survey of this area (placemarked) -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a6c94965626.jpg[/atsimg]

If you want to have a look on Google Earth yourself remember to turn on the Ocean features.

59 Flags... come on

edit on 8-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
is that the same stone of destiny that scottish kings were coronated on ?
if so that would be pretty cool

Atlantis is always a great mystery ,and would be really cool to do some further research into this underwater
jaque cousteua

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Great thread OP
. Thank You for sparking my interest once again with ancient lost civilizations
This was actually one of the main reasons that I found ATS to begin with . I guess I have to catch up on some much deserved reading and info hunting about that place
Also finally a place that is not far away from where I live , well compared to Bermudas, arctic or other possible locations

edit on 8/4/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ok let me explain something, people are confused as to why there are story’s all over the earth talking about this island by various names so let me give you this.

The Irish have always claimed to be the descendents of Magog, the son of Japheth.

Madogs decedents were known also as the “Magoges”

The Magoges were better known thought the world as the “Scythians”

If you look at the invasion cycle of Ireland you will come to the understanding that “all” those who invaded Ireland were Scythians and all were claiming it as their homeland.
Accordingly as the modern Irish are descended from these people it would make them Scythians (Magoges), the Irish are actually Scythians!!

Magog is called by the Assyrian “Mat Gugi” which means “from the land of gog”

The land of gog, is spelled variously and known by various names thought the world, also as Og and Ogygia.

If you know anything about the Scythians you will know that they travelled thought the world, they were made homeless! Wherever they went they told the story about the tragedy of their homeland, thus we have multiple accounts of this mysterious land in the west that went under during a cataclysm.

According the Scythians are Gaelic people and they spoke the gaelic tong. Further conformation for this is that the descendants of those who are known as the mummies of china (the ones who build the pyramids in china) have been found wearing clothes made of tartan, yes tartan!

Now here is some more important info I have for you, the ones who brought the Veda, the Vedic teachings to India were the Rishi. Some of those Rishi are recorded as fleeing a disaster in their homeland, they call themselves the children or sons of the sea god.

Now if you read my post you know who the sea god is and you know what Island he is linked, yes that’s right Atlantis!

It is not surprising that you find stories in Egypt , Greece, India, China or central America because the Scythians invaded all those places.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Does rockall have anything to do with this? Its located in the same area as the proposed "atlantis"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

i thought maygog and gog were

russia and iran?

how does ireland fit in?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hey, hey, you know what, I like this thred well done S&F

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

When the flood came some fled Og for the mountains in Russia, Later the Scythian King Fenius Farsa of scythia sent his son to Egypt to teach the Pharaohs Science " the kabbalah". Later his son married Pharaohs daughter called "Scota" and they returned to Ireland. Scotland is named after Scota!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I admit I almost facepalmed when I read the title, with my mind saying "Here we go again" theres like 15,000 books n Atlantis and so much psuedohistory clouding many facts. but... taking a peek through the information, certainly enough there adds up to something intriguing.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I admit I almost facepalmed when I read the title, with my mind saying "Here we go again" theres like 15,000 books n Atlantis and so much psuedohistory clouding many facts. but... taking a peek through the information, certainly enough there adds up to something intriguing.

s&f

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join