It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Age Gender Bender: Was 5,000-Year-Old Skeleton Gay?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
"In anthropology, you can't equate third gender with homosexuality"

Why not? And what the hell is third gender?

I'm an anthropology student, so I'll explain:

In other cultures there are more than the two basic genders that westerners tie in with the genitals a person is born with.

For example, in Native American culture, there were at least 3 genders. You had the males who hunted and such, the females who did creative and time-intensive work, and the spiritual people or people who did male work and female work. Now, the interesting thing is that the gender you were born with was not necessarily what you were classified as. There were men who did female work and literally lived as a woman, seen as female by the society. A male could marry "him" and still be considered to be in a male-female relationship.

In my opinion, this was probably an example of a male doing female work and considered to be female by the society. There is no telling whether or not he engaged in homosexual behavior. In fact, even though he was seen as a woman, it is entirely possible that a woman who was seen as a man could have married him, though the rarity of the gender benders says it is far more likely that the man did engage in homosexual lifestyle, though it was seen as straight living by the society.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Varemia because: fixed

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightchildGay, Bi and Transgendered people have existed in all ages, and in certain ancient cultures- Native American-Indian, for instance...
Anyway, it is a shame that thread-topics like these always runs the risk of getting trolled by haters preaching about irrelevant stuff like whether it is "Natural" or not, and pop-ups about "Gay Agendas".

Native American Indians, who also, depending on the tribe, viewed cannibalism as holy. I suppose it will also be hating to note that the ubiquitous endocrine-disrupting chemicals Bisphenol-A and tertiary butyl phthalate are certainly responsible for the existence of most homosexuals as such, along with constant browbeating propaganda that on could only avoid by swearing off popular music, movies, "news", public and "higher" education, etc etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Other than the modern factors I mentioned, chemicals that interfere in normal neuropsych development and propaganda (the aim is social engineering), homosexuality occurs on occasion in nature, it is not a choice, it is a defect.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

It's not that you're hating, but you are being insensitive and offensive. Referring to something that someone cannot change as a defect is just cruel, and since it poses no risk to survival in and of itself (excluding other people and hate crimes), there is no reason to believe that it is a defect other than the fact that it is not a man part plus a woman part attraction.

Where has evidence shown that every organism in a group has the drive to reproduce? It's known that around 10 percent of populations are homosexual, so is it safe to say that 90 percent of populations have the natural drive to reproduce? That's not so much a defect as a natural occurrence.

As I've posted above, there's really nothing unusual about a male being buried as a woman. He was probably socially viewed as a woman.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

they'll say anything to push the gay agenda lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
heck, if cavemen were gay then it must be good!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Was 5,000-Year-Old Skeleton Gay?

A feminine caveman and a hulking Neanderthal walk into a bar and the bartender says... "Ung! Gregjo bfrtsond us ios!" (Translation: "If that guy is a girl, then my uncle was a saber tooth tiger!)

The big Neanderthal replies: "Brgglh! Frgbj hsge jsg hgs hjnniyt!" (Translation: Homosapienphopic! My pal here just had a sex change operation by Doctor Grymph, who is an expert with a sharpened stone!)

But at that moment, the feminized caveman keeled over dead from severe blood loss was later buried with full prehistoric honors at the Bedrock Cemetery Caves... towards the direction of a normal female; the nearest Walmart store.

The end.
edit on 12-4-2011 by redoubt because: reword

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegasface
reply to post by Dreine

they'll say anything to push the gay agenda lol.

BINGO.

I can imagine a neanderthal/caveman clobbering either a man or a woman with a club to have sex

More and More countries are jumping the band wagon on same sex marriage issue.

Keep hitting on the people's head with such news, the people will eventually accept the same sex marriage thinking that Caveman Homosexuals did exist

edit on 12-4-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

good thinking brother..after all this information we have, people still are half asleep. why would there randomly be news about a caveman being gay.. as if thats important or will change anything. the only thing it would change is the peoples minds that are against gay marriage, so obviously thats what its for.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thegasface

It's not a caveman... 5000 years ago, humans were developing agriculture and living in more complicated societies. It's when the Egyptian Empire was in its early years. This going on about cavemen and gay agendas is just stupid. Do your research and you'll understand that it's extremely normal and expected for there to be people outside of the gender norm.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

how is anything about gay agendas stupid? are you saying there is no gay agenda? and to clear things up no1 is saying that people were forced or brainwashed or manipulated into being gay. were saying that the gay agenda is to promote homosexuality and make the numbers grow. if you cant see the gay promotion around you then you either are blind, biased or brainwashed yourself.
edit on 12-4-2011 by thegasface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2
I suppose it will also be hating to note that the ubiquitous endocrine-disrupting chemicals Bisphenol-A and tertiary butyl phthalate are certainly responsible for the existence of most homosexuals as such...

Which hardly accounts for historical incidence of homosexuality

along with constant browbeating propaganda that on could only avoid by swearing off popular music, movies, "news", public and "higher" education, etc etc.

Face it, if one could be 'made gay' by pop culture, then one is already bisexual. In fact, I'd say that only a bisexual person could even envision the matter of choice as relevant to the discussion.
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

how is anything about gay agendas stupid? are you saying there is no gay agenda? and to clear things up no1 is saying that people were forced or brainwashed or manipulated into being gay. were saying that the gay agenda is to promote homosexuality and make the numbers grow. if you cant see the gay promotion around you then you either are blind, biased or brainwashed yourself.

Paranoid much? There is no gay agenda. I've been a straight ally of homosexuals for a long time, and I even experimented with being gay because I thought I might have been before I got involved with the homosexual community. Guess what? I couldn't 'become' gay. I ended up rebounding right back to women, and I don't want to have any kind of relations with guys.

The gay 'agenda' is to have the same rights, not to create more gay people. The only way their numbers would grow is by people who were already gay coming out of the closet. That's called being comfortable in society, not being an evil, conniving menace come to take your sexuality away from you. Now, can we focus on the Neolithic man they found and stop talking about the gay rights issue? I agree, they named the article badly for publicity, but it is interesting and brings to light a lot of the gender-bending that has and does go on all throughout history and the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
For example, in Native American culture, there were at least 3 genders. You had the males who hunted and such, the females who did creative and time-intensive work, and the spiritual people or people who did male work and female work. Now, the interesting thing is that the gender you were born with was not necessarily what you were classified as. There were men who did female work and literally lived as a woman, seen as female by the society. A male could marry "him" and still be considered to be in a male-female relationship.

I am fully aware of all this.

All I said was homosexuality should not be excluded. Especially out of fear of social/religious pressure.

I was listening to an interview with a scientist - - this was about UFOs. He said there is definitely a line you are expected not to cross - - because of social/religious pressure.

Same thing applies in this case IMO.

edit on 12-4-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

your obviously biased. can u tell me why the gay population is growing so much throughout the years? r u saying its just a coincedence that its growing along with the amount of gay propaganda on tv and theres just randomly more people being born gay. i suppose its another coincedence that while the world is becoming overpopulated more gays are being born. i guess your saying God is doing this or life itself is bcuz for sure its not the gov they have no reason too , it wouldnt help population control at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thegasface

There are not any more gays people now than before. They've always been around, but kept their gayness locked away in the closet. You just didn't see or recognize them. They were more apt to live a double life back in the day. Now more of them are open about their sexuality. That is all.

They aren't all out yet either, so it is probably going to look to you like they are multiplying somehow, but that is just not the case. Lots of people will continue to live double lives, however, just like before. Lots, and lots of so-called straight boys go for some discreet homosexual activity from time to time, and that will also be the case.

So be it. Not everyone has the guts to be honest all the time.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Agreed. It is true though that one cannot decide either way. It can only be speculation and all it would change are a few peoples' perceptions of ancient people a little.

It definitely should not be ruled out, but it should not be openly reported as such, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thank All of You For Posting, and I'd like to add,,,,,,,,,, I know for a fact in my home land of China, there was a lot of Homosexual Activity Going On,,,, Most if not all of our Old Dynasty Emperors had Male Lovers and it was excepted openly.
I'll give you an excerpt:

Formal historical data provided by ancient records dealing with male homosexuality in China can be dated back to the Shang Dynasty (c. 16th century - 11th century BC)

Historical traces of male homosexuality persist through dynasty to dynasty from ancient times and never disappear. It was in full swing during the Spring and Autumn and the Warring Periods, at which time Mi Zixia, favorite of the Monarch Wei, and Long Yang, favored by Monarch Wei, were the two best-known figures.

During the powerful Han Dynasty (206 BC - 220 AD) the homosexual activities of emperors and ministers were frequently preserved in the historical records. According to the "Historical Record" and "Han Dynasty Records", almost all emperors of the Western Han Dynasty had lovers of their same sex.

This Statement I think you'll find interesting:

After the Han Dynasty, the general attitude was tolerant, so long as homosexuals fulfilled their filial duties by getting married and continuing the family line.

AND:

Remarkably, a calm and dispassionate attitude to the homosexual phenomenon was always prevalent in ancient China. There was neither eulogy, nor criticism. It seemed to do no harm in maintaining traditional family ethics.

No, Criticism,,, But they were expected to Marry and Have A Family!

I think you'll find this statement interesting too:

Interestingly, there are no record of lesbianism in Chinese history.

Was early China leading in Male's Controlling the World or What? or what?

www.chinadaily.com.cn...
edit on 12-4-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

if they kept it locked away in the closet how would you even know they existed. what your tlking is hypothetical and just theory. what im talking from is numbers.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

reply to post by wayno

if they kept it locked away in the closet how would you even know they existed. what your tlking is hypothetical and just theory. what im talking from is numbers.

I know because I am one of them. While I got out of the closet in my early 20's (I am now in my 60's) I've talked to many, many men over the years who went thru that experience. I know at least 6 or 7 men my age who got married and had children before coming out. Most didn't come out of their closet until late in their 50's. One of my friends does male-to-male massage. Most of his clients are married men. My info doesn't come from books. It comes from knowing people personally.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join