Stone Age Gender Bender: Was 5,000-Year-Old Skeleton Gay?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

...if HUMANS are smart enough to differentiate between right and wrong and forsee the future then we can certainly forsee the side effects or consequences of a all GAY society (Same Gender Marriage) lets say 1000 years from now.
How do you anticipate 'a all gay society' coming about? An infestation of gay-cooties, sorta like a zombie invasion? That is just silly...futher, it give homophobia a bad name.

Never mind.
You wouldn't understand.
It is not silly but your thought process is silly. It is not homophobia. I dont give a rat's butt if 2 guys blow and suck each other all day every moment of the day. I am simply trying to explain that we as humans are intelligent than certainly we are also intelligent enough to forsee the side effects of a openly gay society.

Perhaps you are not making yourself clear enough to a poor, ignorant foreigner. Please either explain your 'all-gay society', or barring that, tell us what is wrong with an openly gay society. Of course you don't have to be Mendel to figure out that if a species doesn't procreate, it dies off. We have Christian groups like the Shakers to prove that point. You mean a society where one can be openly gay? Where's the problem?

If you are going to posit a society where everybody is gay...well that's just your imagination at work.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

...if HUMANS are smart enough to differentiate between right and wrong and forsee the future then we can certainly forsee the side effects or consequences of a all GAY society (Same Gender Marriage) lets say 1000 years from now.
How do you anticipate 'a all gay society' coming about? An infestation of gay-cooties, sorta like a zombie invasion? That is just silly...futher, it give homophobia a bad name.

Never mind.
You wouldn't understand.
It is not silly but your thought process is silly. It is not homophobia. I dont give a rat's butt if 2 guys blow and suck each other all day every moment of the day. I am simply trying to explain that we as humans are intelligent than certainly we are also intelligent enough to forsee the side effects of a openly gay society.

Perhaps you are not making yourself clear enough to a poor, ignorant foreigner. Please either explain your 'all-gay society', or barring that, tell us what is wrong with an openly gay society. Of course you don't have to be Mendel to figure out that if a species doesn't procreate, it dies off. We have Christian groups like the Shakers to prove that point. You mean a society where one can be openly gay? Where's the problem?

If you are going to posit a society where everybody is gay...well that's just your imagination at work.

Good for you. No point in explaining anything. It takes a long time before the law of probability and statistics works in a society based on the offsprings that are born every generation.

Be happy with whatever preference works for you. Gay or Not Gay.
edit on 2-6-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It takes a long time before the law of probability and statistics works in a society based on the offsprings that are born every generation.
Be happy with whatever preference works for you. Gay or Not Gay.

Well, it's not 'the law of probability and statistics' that matter. It's Mendel's Law of genetic inheritance. I'm a long way outta Anthro 101, but it seems to me that if you take the generally accepted fixed rate of 10% gay in the human population, that's not about to compound itself into this Simply Fabulous society that you seem to fear. Toss in the fact that less gays procreate, one might expect a genetic predisposition towards homosexuality to be a trait destined perhaps to be bred out of the population. Quel Domage.

Oh, and thanks for the good wishes. Being straight is pretty OK as far as I'm concerned. I can only hope that gays are eventually able to feel as good about themselves, you know, without being made to feel like second class citizens.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Maybe someone else already mentioned it, since I didn't get through reading all the posts, but in many Native American cultures gender roles were not fixated. People who may be thought of as cross-dressers or transvestites in our society were given the name 'two spirit' because they had both male and female spirit.
While the possibility is still highly speculative...It's not anything unusual even for cavemen so to speak.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (AIS)

www.isna.org...

Skeletal males, genetic male, exterior female, mentally female (usually).

Silly silly people.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join