It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Age Gender Bender: Was 5,000-Year-Old Skeleton Gay?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

When the whole earth is threatened by an outside sorce, there will be no divisions of race, color, creed, religion or sexual orientation. There will simply be Humanity. Humanity will become one.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
just woke up and seen the title to this thread and burst out laughing stone age gender bender is a phrase i never thought id hear. Star & Flag not just for making my day but good info. He could be a legend to homosexuals Homo-Neanderthal has a ring to in right? and ring isn't a pun!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Wait, caveman? Were they still living in caves back then? Wasn't the ancient egyptian civilization still active 5000 years ago? And exactly how did they determine it was a "man"? The article doesn't explain that. Did they just assume that from the size if it? Dna test? Maybe it was a stocky woman. Even if it was a man, should this really surprise anyone? Hell, we can see examples of homosexuality in nature today, why would humans be exempt. Much ado about nothing I'd say. Seems like just sensationalized assumptions.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
he was an Artists and did the cave drawings or paintings and these pots held his colors, his tools for his work you might say.

edit on 7-4-2011 by guohua because: spell check

I was just going to chime in and ask if the pots had traces of anything in them, maybe he was a pot dealer!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com

"We believe this is one of the earliest cases of what could be described as a transvestite or third-gender grave in the Czech Republic," she told reporters at a press conference Tuesday. According to Semradova and lead researcher Kamila Remisova, during that period men were traditionally buried lying on their right side, with the head pointing toward the west.

Clearly, something was amiss.

In addition, the "gay caveman" was buried with household jugs, rather than the weapons, hammers and flint knives typically seen in graves of men.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

In Siberia there was found a grave of women buried like king warrior with, swords, arrows, corps of slaves, horses and chariot. Is this prove that she was lesbian queen of Siberia because this was typical man attributes. Complete nonsense.
Probably there were some kind of transvestites it stone and bronze age but this burial doesn't prove this.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It may have been the Judy Garland cd included in the grave goods that gave the game away.

Archaeologists at their best.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
It may have been the Judy Garland cd included in the grave goods that gave the game away.

Archaeologists at their best.

You see something out of the ordinary, and you try to assess the meaning, often all you have to fall back on is theory. The subject of 3rd gender is amply covered in Anthro 101.
"Gay Caveman" is a perfect example of dumbing it down for the mouthbreathers. Rather than take shots at archaeologists, you'd be better served to look into the subject yourself before commenting.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

fooks, Yes, Yes, The Queens name was Hatshepsut

I'm not to sure she really was a Lesbian though. I think her father treated and raised her like a boy and had her take over after his death.
blogishome.blogspot.com...

But how did Hatshepsut become queen of Egypt? Never claiming to have ruled with or for her husband Thutmose II, Hatshepsut used her bloodline and fabricated a co-regency with her father Thutmose I to legitimize her accession to the throne. Even before Hatshepsut had taken on the throne name Maatkare there was an inscription left at Aswan by the royal steward Senemut, naming her as “king’s daughter, king’s sister, god’s wife, great royal wife Hatshepsut”. There are also scenes and texts at Deir el-Bahri of her claim that Thutmose I proclaimed her as heir even before his death.

Anyway, I hope I didn't go to far off topic, But, I think they are really just making the best guess they can make with the evidence they have. I'm sure they know more than I do and like they mentioned in the article, this person ( suppose-ably a male ) buried on his left side with his head facing West. ( Notice the Word " his " )
Now they know from experience that during that period men were traditionally buried lying on their right side, with the head pointing toward the west.
But their saying this was a man buried in the position of a woman,,,,, So,,,, They want to be P C and use the term, Stone Age Gender Bender.
I think there was a lot of Gender Benders in the days of old and they need to do a DNA or maybe like it was mentioned in this thread by another ATS member,,,, A BIG or HUSKY WOMAN,, You know, Big Boned!

I think it's good that this is being brought out and people are hearing about it, I know of some people who really truly believe, this is a new sexual experience that was created by our Government to Destroy Our Nation.

Humans, you can't live with and you can't live with out them.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Guess you didn't notice it was under their Sci-Tech tag?

And Japan and the impending government shut down are also covered under US and World news tags?

So who's an idiot?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Maybe he was a just a POTTER, somebody had to be, not everyone in a society can be a hunter and or a warrior.

I think there is a lot of baseless speculation on the part of the researchers yapping about being gay or transgendered.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Why point fingers at FOX news? NBC is still asking President Obama if he is a boxer or briefs man. From your remarks about this news outlet, i doubt you want to hear what they would REALLY like to put on the air. Pick your battles. Every story about some dead gay caveman is taking time away from the painful truth of our jacked up economy both domestic and abroad. Take a look at ABC; Diane Sawyer is about as relevent as a Beanie Baby salesman, that doesn't stop her from making bold face untruths. At least FOX isn't knowingly torturing the soul of a long forgotten hetrosexual, buy calling him something else.

I thought I could stay away from political debate on ATS.... guess not.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
Northern Japan is lying in ruins while it's crippled nuclear reactors leak radiation.

The US government is about to be shutdown due to incompetent politicians.

Libya has devolved into a full-scale civil war with no clear end in sight.

The Middle East is aflame in riots and violence.

And yet, Fox News, being the glorious fact finding organization that it is, graces us with "news" of a possible homosexual caveman.

Why point fingers at FOX news? NBC is still asking President Obama if he is a boxer or briefs man. From your remarks about this news outlet, i doubt you want to hear what they would REALLY like to put on the air. Pick your battles. Every story about some dead gay caveman is taking time away from the painful truth of our jacked up economy both domestic and abroad. Take a look at ABC; Diane Sawyer is about as relevent as a Beanie Baby salesman, that doesn't stop her from making bold face untruths. At least FOX isn't knowingly torturing the soul of a long forgotten hetrosexual, buy calling him something else.

also, might I add: I do agree with you, there are sooo many more important events in this world that we all should be paying attention to.

edit on 7-4-2011 by Dreine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
sorry OP! third times a charm... not sure how to erase the other two, but i have it now.

Originally posted by Dreine
Northern Japan is lying in ruins while it's crippled nuclear reactors leak radiation.

The US government is about to be shutdown due to incompetent politicians.

Libya has devolved into a full-scale civil war with no clear end in sight.

The Middle East is aflame in riots and violence.

And yet, Fox News, being the glorious fact finding organization that it is, graces us with "news" of a possible homosexual caveman.

edit on 7-4-2011 by Dreine because: (no reason given)

also, might I add: I do agree with you, there are sooo many more important events in this world that we all should be paying attention to.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ahahahahahahaha WTF?? Now we have a GAYveman???

Come on scientists, how can you tell a skeleton was gay? Are you SURE that this person was not buried this was as an insult due to something this man had done?

Besides we all know that even a gay caveman would have been buried with FAR more sequins that that.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Come on scientists, how can you tell a skeleton was gay? Are you SURE that this person was not buried this was as an insult due to something this man had done?

Besides we all know that even a gay caveman would have been buried with FAR more sequins that that.

WTF!!! Yourself.

I can't believe the childish rudeness and disrespect in this thread.

Rituals were very important during this time and as the article says - - - it was not by accident that what may be a man was buried ritually as a woman would be.

It may be for some other reason - - - but the insults because it might indicate homosexuality - - - are unwarranted.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com

. . .
Clearly, something was a miss.
. . . .

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ha! Ha! Love it.

... a shout out to all my gay homies over the mellenia. I bet it was as fun then as it is now, and useful, and productive to making the society work.

Rock on cave-man! (I know, they farmed and didn't live in caves - they lived in nice huts with
g o r g e o u s animal skins and live plants) -- thanks to u know who.

oh, and nice pots too -- just like today.
edit on 4/9/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

WTF!!! Yourself.

I can't believe the childish rudeness and disrespect in this thread.

Rituals were very important during this time and as the article says - - - it was not by accident that what may be a man was buried ritually as a woman would be.

It may be for some other reason - - - but the insults because it might indicate homosexuality - - - are unwarranted.

1) I am gay myself and would love to think that cavemen enjoyed the same human rights as we did. But I also realise that they were far more likely to have been bashed over the head with a rock.

2) This skeleton could have been buried in this fashion for many reasons.

3) Yes rituals were important, but has anyone not considered that this man may have been of some importance and then had a fall from grace? - Hence being buried like a woman was meant to be an eternal insult in caveman terms.

4) There were no doubt homosexual cavemen about. If they were so accepted why is this the first grave of it's type ever found?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

4) There were no doubt homosexual cavemen about. If they were so accepted why is this the first grave of it's type ever found?

For all we know cavemen may have been accepting of such differences.
For all we know the absence of such graves is because gay cavemen were buried just like any other males.

Perhaps gay males tended to do something for their tribes, such as tutor the children or invent / create clothing, which gave their tribes advantages over the other tribes. Without religion to teach hatred of those who were different, these guys may have highly valued by their societies.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
markosity1973, First thank you for contributing.
As far as this statement is concerned:

1) I am gay myself and would love to think that cavemen enjoyed the same human rights as we did. But I also realise that they were far more likely to have been bashed over the head with a rock.

I tend to believe these persons were actually more revered than we may think, The alternate sexually lifestyle was not considered unacceptable until after Religion Took Hold of Our Primitive Brains.
Look at the Romans, Greeks and many other cultures of old.
I think the Blame Lays Squarely on the shoulders of the people who wrote the Bible

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join