It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Stick-like creatures caught on security camera above Fresno in Yosemite

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
haha i like how it goes from clear to pixelated to grainy to pixelated again....hoax

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthwormJim
I bet it is barry and biting geithner tripping off poison sumac walking and discussing politics in private.
Off topic...Can someone make a thread about disturbing vids that make you feel uneasy. I would but I can't link on my PS3.Thx

Hey....also in R.I.......also stuck using PS3 browser. Nice....well, not so nice. This browser leaves much to be desired. But you can post links with the PS3 browser. On the page you want to link, hit triangle, go to files then copy address of page. Then in your post where you want the link, bring up the virtual keyboard with your controller then go down to the paste tab under predictive text, then chose the web address you copied. On this site, as long as it's the whole web page address, when you post it will automatically create the link.

Friend me on PSN if you want.....assuming Anonymous doesn't have PSN down again, lol

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
Some fishing line, white plastic bags, decent sized helium balloon, some rocks or fishing line weights, and some really light wooden rods from a hobby store... And a bit of clever imagination and puppetry skills.

Not likely. The "Fact or Faked" team attempted to duplicate the Fresno video using the materials you described (and more) and couldn't do it, and they put a LOT of effort into it. They tried a boy in a sheet, robotics, and puppetry with suspended lines and even hand controls just to see if they could get close. They couldn't. Those guys are really good at debunking videos, but this one stumped them. If you look closely at the Fresno video, it's bizarre but yet there is a "natural" appearance to the gait as well. That "natural" appearance is what they couldn't duplicate, nor could they imagine how it could be done. Unlike most of the You Tube variety "anonymous" videos, the person who made the Fresno video came forward and offered all the info he could. The clip is from a security camera on his home, I can't remember why he was reviewing the footage but I think it was because his dog had gone crazy barking that night. The Fact or Faked team classified it as "unexplainable".

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Isn't it unfortunate that the video of the 'alien' is not as clear or close as that of the girl? But then again, it never is, is it? Does anyone else think that is a bit suspect?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by doobiefillin

Looks like a very weird and disturbed person in a white jumpsuit walking past the camera.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

But why is there a video camera right there exactly where these weird creatures are walking? What was he filming for him to be there; to random for it not to be a hoax in my opinion....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ok, yea, as many have likely mention here, this really does look like a very possible fake. However, if this does for any reason turn out to be real, needless to say, many would likely become quite fearful. So, about the quality thing, I can imagine any good quality recording would be known about by the higher authoritah and they'd likely confiscate it and threaten and/or pay the person to shut up, etc. So, that may be likely why we're seeing yet another poor quality shot here.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't take the efforts of Fact or Faked seriously. They can't debunk EVERYTHING, they know that 'believers' probably make up a good sized portion of their viewership.

I thought they did come close to replicating it, but further refinement would have probably put them over budget or outside of their time frame. Reverse engineering a complex hoax could have taken loads of time. Saying they couldn't replicate the video proves nothing. I personally think the original Nightcrawlers video is insultingly bad, to say the least.

If you really think the "knees bending backward" thing is so unique, I'll tell ya what. I see people knee's appear as though they bend backward all the time...when they are walking backwards. Was that so hard?

What's stopping a hoaxer from walking backwards to give the appearance of backwards knees? Nothing...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
I thought they did come close to replicating it, but further refinement would have probably put them over budget or outside of their time frame. Reverse engineering a complex hoax could have taken loads of time. Saying they couldn't replicate the video proves nothing. I personally think the original Nightcrawlers video is insultingly bad, to say the least.

As even they mention frequently these days, even duplicating a video proves essentially nothing. Just because something could be done a particular way, doesn't mean that's how it actually was done. That's just logical.

What's stopping a hoaxer from walking backwards to give the appearance of backwards knees? Nothing...

I guess the assumption is that the level of sophistication of a hoax done by most people is going to be pretty low. Like you said, a balloon, a sheet, some wires, etc., and all done quick and on the cheap. If the Fact or Faked people can't come up with a fairly close reproduction in a short period of time, then it's unlikely that a hoaxer could have done so, as well.

And you have to assume a hoaxer at least wants his work to be seen. The original video came to light when somebody checked their security camera footage. Since nothing was apparently stolen or disturbed, other than the dogs, the hoax (if that's what it was) might never have been detected. What a waste of time. This one, on the other hand, is apparently made to be seen on YouTube, or wherever. It has the look of intentionality behind it, which along with it being a crude copy of the original video, lowers its credibility to practically zero.

Not to say that either of these videos is "real." There are all kinds of ways to fake something. But if it's as simple as you seem to suggest, then it should be easy to fake. Give it a try. See what you come up with. Maybe you can get something on Fact of Faked yourself, and then laugh and show us how it was done.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
Personally, I wouldn't take the efforts of Fact or Faked seriously. They can't debunk EVERYTHING, they know that 'believers' probably make up a good sized portion of their viewership.

If you really think the "knees bending backward" thing is so unique, I'll tell ya what. I see people knee's appear as though they bend backward all the time...when they are walking backwards. Was that so hard?

Finally... somebody else who understands how that acquiring wealth/viewers/business involves
catering for both sides of a debate.
It's welcoming to read of a fellow-realist.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Yeah that's the one.

From what I've read in a Spanish Website about UFOs that strange being was spotted by someone who was watching the Documentary the clip was from, so it would be an elaborate hoax.
The page said:

En recientes fechas en Caleta Olivia Santa Cruz (Argentina,), sucedió algo insólito durante la grabación de una entrevista para la tv.

- Recently in Caleta Olivia, Santa Cruz (Argentina), something strange happened during a TV-interview.

Someone commented that the creature's shadow doesn't match the suns angle.
I think too that the shadow could be from the other dimensions sun, if the merging is occurring.
I hope more (credible) footage of these entities come forward.

peace.

P.S. IMO the Mexican ET trying to grab a boy by his arm is the most credible, for me at least.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Looks like these aliens had a few too many at the bar...

"dude, where did we park the ship?"

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think it is Michael Jackson! Really, not convinced by that, but who knows? I will keep an open mind, but somehow that seems like a hoax.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Is MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice trying to make a comeback???? Actually, since Vanilla Ice has his own home renovation show, maybe Hammer is jealous, and is trying to start his own comedy show, entitled "Searching for my Gold Toilet - Pranks and other assorted humour from The Hammer"!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I have to wonder...If it isn't a hoax, why wouldn't the camera keep following?
I suppose it could be on a tripod, I didn't bother to go read any cover story.

Ok, I renig. I went to youtube, where it's titled that it's a security camera.
I'll try not to jump the gun next time

edit on 7-4-2011 by Scorpitarius because: To admit I'm wrong!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Honestly, I think doing this in real life with stuff is far better than doing it CGI.

But the fact of the scale says the opposite..

About the 'it's a series of photographs with the figures pasted over them' statement, I won't really go with it.

The compression artifacts randomize each second, yes, but that's not a definitive proof of it being photographs. It happens when something in a compressed video doesn't change for a lot of frames, just like the environment. I'm not saying it can't be photographs, it could be, but I won't use it as the definitive proof for calling it hoax.

Anyway, there's something about the perspective that is wrong. It is noticeable with the thing at the back. It's like it's not really touching the ground, like it was displaced; due to the result of a bad camera placement.

To those that want solid statements, I work with Maya and 3ds Max in my job, in my spare time (two Half-Life 2 mods and an UDK game) and when I study (I'm studying infographics in Maya).

I'm going to recreate these figures in Maya. Tomorrow I'll post the animation.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i dont know weather anyone else has said it but the one in that persons yard.
i cant find the video but i think it was night crawler

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

Awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I've been searching and I'm having a hard time finding another reference to these kind of critters. They seem to be isolated to the Fresno area. How odd. The 2007 incident on cctv and this one are all over the internet, but can't find any others. Hmm.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Everyone, calm down, it's not a hoax. It's just the walkers from Battletoads. And if I'm as good as I remember being at that game, I think I got this. ...Although I was about 5...and I don't remember ever actually beating the game....we might be in trouble.

But really, I do remember the original video on Fact or Faked, and not only did they have a hard time recreating it, but on their night investigation they had some strange stuff happen. Their equipment went haywire and they did think they spotted something.

Plus these things look too small to be people. Who knows...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Please watch the analysis video before commenting. The Youtube guy answers a lot of questions you may have about the camera angle and scale of the video. He is apparently a paranormal investigator in that area so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems to do a well thought out, although limited, video break down.

He even gives a visual reference of the Yosemite driveway by showing a daytime picture when he visited the family who filmed this. He places a stroller in the same spot to give a size comparison to the "creatures" in question. They are no more than 30" tall, similar to the ones described at Fresno.

The "creatures" almost appear to be so weightless that they are gliding across the lawn in Fresno and the driveway in Yosemite. My initial thought was that they seemed to appear as if being pulled along with the wind. Like in the billowing "cloak" around the striding legs acts as a sail. But the Yosemite ones appear to have a slightly different gait. The large one seems to have more weight to its step, while the little one appears to have a bird-like walk, not unlike an ostrich or emu.

Anyone who says these are guys on stilts haven't seen the size scale of these things. Please watch the analysis video!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join