It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramen Noodles: Your Favorite Flavor!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RajunCajun

My friend who was in Louisiana prison also came out with some crazy recipes for ramen. Her favorite, (and I have yet to try) is, mixing a half a can of dr pepper with your noodles and putting it in the microwave. She said it tastes exactly like Teriyake (sp?) chicken.

I don't know just throwing it out there for anyone who's feeling courageous

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
reply to post by heyJude

HeyJude!!!

My last name is actually Jude... had that Beatles song sung to me about as many times as i've ate Ramen... and that's a lot haha

Lulz

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
OP I didn't see Spicy Shrimp but I do have some in the cupboard...

True story I asked my Mom for lunch card money one time in college...Knowing I would blow the $$ on beer and other party favors she sent me a case of Ramen instead.

You can live on the stuff but before long this would be me -

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'd like the Mushroom Ramen. I've never tried it, but I already know I'd like it. I'm a mushroom guy. Not related but there is one thing I like above all. Sushi with wasabi. I get a watery mouth by thinking of it. So fresh...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Those crazy Louisiana prisons! ahaha

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
idk how u ppl can love americanized ramen so much, that # is gross and no matter what flavor u get they all have the same watery taste. If you REALLY love ramen THAT much...try buying some korean ramen

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ahhh Ramen memories. Of barely making rent and pulling all-nighters writing papers and studying for exams.

I like the shrimp flavor. But I only like the noodles, not the broth. Gotta keep the salt intake in check

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Actually, they all taste the same to me.

Salty.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Any of the chili lime flavors (chicken, shrimp, etc)... The spicier, the better. Add a little hot sauce- Siracha is best- and you've got yourself a meal!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

They used to make Tomato flavor and that was the bomb cuz you could play with different add ins it was YUMMY!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
MSG??? You gotta eat Ramen the real way,lol....Not just use the flavor packet. You gotta boil up a giant pot of veggies and/or throw in a big mound of Kim Chi. You gotta make a meal of it. Mmmmm.....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
When I was in jail we would take ramen, boil them mix em with crackers or chips (bbq, ranch or original) chips (pending on a democratic decision with my various cellies) , flatten the mix out inside a potato chip bag let that dry and harden up a bit , then put squeeze cheese and sausage sticks/slim jims on the top like a pizza. Good, good stuff
depending on the cheese, ramen and chips you had, you could have a pizza with a multitude of flavors.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 5/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: spelling as per

P.S To answer the OQ beef. How can you go wrong with the classic
edit on 5/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: to add post script

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
mmmmm... This thread made me hungry so I went up to the store a bought a couple packs.

Oriental is my favorite, but its hard to find them in anything other than the individual packs.

But I think some of you guys are over paying. 3 for a dollar??? here, you can get 6 packs for a dollar, or a box of 12 for $1.78( at walmart)
edit on 5-4-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Mmm.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

LOL...know exactly what you're talking about there.

I give you the infamous Jailhouse Burrito!!

There's a million different ingredients one could use if not restricted by the jail's store inventory, but there's the basics of it. Trust when I tell you...they're fire.

...and one can turn making these up for other inmates into a hustle if ever you find yourself incarcerated. You're welcome criminals.
edit on 5-4-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Badwolf that’s a great idea; I make my own sauces for rice, I’m defiantly going to try this out, I will also ask Worldwatcher...Cooking with me to see if she has any good ideas.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I like Ramen Noodles, even if they are a "contingency" food,

I had no idea their were so many varieties. I like beef and chicken. Am I the only one that thinks the brittle noodles straight out of the package taste alright?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
I like Ramen Noodles, even if they are a "contingency" food,

I had no idea their were so many varieties. I like beef and chicken. Am I the only one that thinks the brittle noodles straight out of the package taste alright?

Hippy Chips

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I ate ramen noodles pretty much everyday when I was kid, and I still eat them from time to time now. They're delicious. I was a hardcore chicken fan for years but now my favorite is BEEF. I dont really care for the other flavors, but BEEF FTW.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have only tried 4 different kinds.

1. Chicken
2. Beef
3. Shrimp
4. Hot & Spicy

It is a tie between Hot & Spicy and Chicken. I really need to try all the others!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join