It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramen Noodles: Your Favorite Flavor!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
reply to post by badw0lf

badw0lf invented Ramen Noodles... it is little known fact...
but since badw0lf is the antichrist it was all apart of his world domination mind control plan...
one world government... one world food

But since then McDonald's took over that part of his operation... ha

Good to see you pop in badw0lf!

Haha now you'll see my next post in which I reinvent the noodle recipe!!

Damn it is infectious... But I know I don't have any hidden in the pantry.. Wonder if I can use spaghetti instead... oO

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Just buy decent egg noodles (the wet sort, thick) and you can use some peanut oil, chilli flakes, sesame oil, or any asian style flavouring and you can't tell the difference between a store bought packet of preservative laden blech (But those are my favourite still, I guess.. lol, Mi Goreng..).. I realised that the noodles don't have to be specific - it's the flavours... And I dont really like the fried noodles, so I tried it with the maggi baked noodles, and it was just as good. Since then, egg noodles seem to just really make the perfect meal with the right flavourings.. Mind you I add so much chilli it's not really any better adding much of anything else, takes about half an hour before I stop sweating and feel like I'm about to explode... lol

If he didnt invent Ramen Noodles... how come he knows so much about them and how to make them at home... hmmmmmmm

I'll try that recipe as well... i'm fat... and I like eating lol

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I finished reading the McD's thread, and moved on to the oodles of noodles thread. I'm either really hungry, or have no desire to learn anything new tonight soooo anyway....

Me likey chicken, Me likey oriental !

My way: Srove top only. Flavor and noodles added from the start and boiled for 2 minutes. Add crackers, and pepper. YUM

My husband likes his over cooked, and all swelled up. Then he drains the water, adds the seasoning, mayo, and eggs, and what ever else is laying around. GROSS

I spent 2 weeks in the clink, and boy oh boy did they loooooove there noodles, with a bag cheetos on top

edit: I also know 2 kids who eat them dry, right out of the pack. One does it plain, the other one sprinkels on the seasoning first.
edit on 5-4-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Back in the 'day',we used to use cheap ramen noodles to make what we called 'POW rations'. You get a packet or two ramen noodles boiling in some water.

Then, you drop a couple of eggs into the boiling water and add some frozen or canned veggies and whatever else you got in the fridge along with the seasoning packet. Pour it all into a bowl and garnish with a packet or two Taco Bell hot sauce. Hmmm...mmmm... Swill du jour....just add a 40 of your favorite beer to go along with it and you're set...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't like the msg in the flavour packets so I make my own flavours.
My easy meal I do is 1 pack of noodles mixed with raw onions and some garlic with some tomatoe sauce and pepper mixed in.
Sometimes I add a bit of maple syrup.
Quite tasty.
I have noticed all the flavours the op has...we don't have that here.
We have chicken,beef,shrimp,spicy oriental and thats pretty well all of what I have seen sold here.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am vegetarian, I only eat the animal product cheese. (Lol my vice).
So i think that Oriental flavor is the only without some powdered meat in it. I would imagine that mushroom and a few others don't, but I can never find those flavors.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If you really want to explore the world of instant noodles, you need to get yourself to an Asian grocery store.

This is one of my favorites.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a62ed6c57ca6.jpg[/atsimg]

And for a little light reading.

en.wikipedia.org...

Did you know there's a World Instant Noodle Association?

instantnoodles.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I work at a work release facility that houses DOC prisoners
who work normal jobs but live at the facility. Like a half way house.
Anyways. These guys take Ramen Noodles and add
pickles, crunched up chips, Tabasco sauce, and cheese
sometimes even more stuff than that... Its called
"A Hook Up"
Surprisingly it is way better than it sounds lol

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Cajun chicken is my favorite! I love ramen! I also enjoy adding my own ingredients and making gourmet ramen
It's easy, fun and cheap.

You have some listed I have never head of or seen before. I must try them!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
double...opps.

this has happened twice today

edit on 4/5/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I prefer the Ramen that comes in a cup over the packaged ramen. Its a few cents more but worth it in my opinion.
And beef is my favorite.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
SPICY CHICKEN!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I love the Asian grocery store and I also like the Indian one we have here. I find the coolest stuff in there!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My God, have any of you actually read the ingredients on these noodles? If you have, do you know what those things do to the organs? Go get a package of them, then Google each ingredient, I don't know about all of you, but I kind of like to know what I'm putting into my body. Kind of important.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Mi Goreng - BBQ Chicken flavour fried noodles
its actually described in wiki and sold through amazon - to my suprise !

this is not in soup base so I add a big spoonful of crunchy peanut butter to it

en.wikipedia.org...

www.amazon.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE
Beef ... i drain the water and add the seasoning directly on the still moist noodle for max flavor ... that plus a big cold glass of milk ... that combo got me through college!

(and i admit i was about to go to bed, but now you made me crave this so i'm cooking a packet as we speak!)

Try adding a little margarine before you add the seasoning, it really perks them up.
Also, here in NY you have exactly two options, chicken or beef.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Mmmm ramens. I personally favor beef.
Top 2 recipes:
1. Crunch up the ramens a bit, so they aren't 40 feet long. Just punch the bag for 5 seconds.
2. Place in tallish smallish tupperware. Add enough water to cover. Make it HOT.
3. Microwave for 3 minutes. Then stir.
4. Pour out water but leave just enough to make a little sauce and add a chunk of butter, unless you are on a diet.
5. Empty desired amount of seasoning. IF you add the entire packet, prepare to pour a glass of water.
6. Eat.

1. Punch the bag of ramens for about a minute until they are in little bite sized pieces, not powder.
2. Leaving bag intact mostly, open the top carefully and add entire packet of seasoning.
3. Shake it. Shake, shake, shake...
4. Eat.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I like the high sodium and high blood pressure flavors.

Kidding, I don't think I've ever eaten them.
edit on 5-4-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
my dorm live on ramen noodles, we call it hobo soup.

beef flavored ramen, throw in any meat you can get (sausages, keilbasa, etc) and then top it off with any cheese

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Packaged ramen

Fresh ramen is yummy though....fresh fish broth, sliced beef, shrimps and topped off with a fried egg

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join