It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Largest Structures in the Universe: The Great Walls - "Do They Contradict The Big Bang Theory?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Watched the video and words just can not express how mind bending it is to think about all that. Had to stop a couple of times to wrap my brain around what I was seeing. Thank you for posting this.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by Jordan River

There simply is no outside of the universe, that notion fails in logic on so many levels. You have yet to describe what is in the universe, yet alone venture outside of space and time, which doesn't exist. No time or space, nothing, – it doesn't exist in our detection of matter or time.

There is always something, and it doesn't stop moving. What keeps things in motion is the real mystery, not the space its in.

Space is only the empty between our dimensionn and time does not exist and can only exist when an entity has consciousness. I think we kinda agree on the same thing, but look at it differently. The universe does have an outside, if it did not other universes would not exist.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Now that means there could be more advanced cultures out there in the Universe than all the grains of sand on planet Earth!!

The age old question is, "are we alone?" After reading this I already know the answer!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I must admit my understanding of the big bang theory was a little off. After reading you links and having a read here
www.atlasoftheuniverse.com... & here
en.wikipedia.org...
I thought that before the big bang there was nothing then BANG for no reason and all matter was thrown out forming the universe as we know it 13.7 billion years ago , which of course is hard to comprehend and doesn't really make sense considering that the universe is spread out much farther than 78 billion light years as hubble has shown .
And obviously images taken of 78 billion light years away means it took that light 78 billion years to reach the telescope . And any images we get from that distance means that was in the distant past , all those galaxies would not be as we see them now .
This is the theory from first link
Space and time were created in the Big Bang. At the beginning of the universe, the space was completely filled with matter. The matter was originally very hot and very dense and then expanded and cooled to eventually produce the stars and galaxies we see in the universe today.
And this
It is possible that our universe is infinite and has been filled with matter everywhere since the Big Bang . But there is also nothing stopping the universe expanding faster than the speed of light. Although at any local point within the universe, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, this is not true for the entire universe. There is no limit on how fast space can expand.
This has me confused , if at the beginning of the universe space was completely filled with matter that was very hot and dense and then expanded and cooled to produce everything that exists in the universe today , then wouldn't it be logical to conclude that everything was already there before the big bang ?
If the event of the "big bang" created space and time then what was all that matter beforehand ?
And what kind of event was this "big bang" that created space and time for all that matter that was already there ?
To me that doesn't really make sense , and yes I know science hasn't got all the answers , that's the point of it , to make observations and try to understand the data they collect to gain a greater understanding of the way things work .
I don't think this theory adequately explains what we see around us , but then there is always room for improvement , new theory's .
If anyone understands these concepts better than I , I would welcome an explanation I can understand

Cheers

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Like the post very much.

Our ability to comprehend our universe is and will be in direct relation to the percentage of brain currently in use..

Sadly that is not good news.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The majority of people nowadays neither know nor care what Theoretical Physics is or what it does. Nothing less than a whole new philosophical approach - a new paradigm, in effect - is now long overdue. Enough of fitting the equations to suit the theories however outlandish they may be.

But then we have the PTBs....... Fall in line or lose your sponsorship!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

Who actually knows? At least 'science' follows the scientific process of discovery, being something isn't 'proven' until it can be observed as a repeatable phenomenon through experimentation or observation.

You got something better than that?

Oh please tell...

I do have one questions about this, specifically about something isn't proven until it is observed, can you observe belief ? no you cannot . But I bet that you believe that you will wake up in the morning, why ? because you woke up this morning, so..... people have been observed dieing in their sleep and do every night.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

My theory on multiple big bangs seems to make sense and though I'm probably not the first to suggest this. I'm the first person that I have ever met that accepts it. To me the evidence of multiple big bangs is at the heart of every galaxy.

So to answer your question NO I don't believe one explosion created everything.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

its too bad religion cant do the same. even though they are in the exact same boat.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This thing about time only existing if a conscious entity is there to observe it , I would have to disagree .
Its like asking if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound if no one is there to hear it , of course it does ,
Time is our way of keeping track of events , recording them etc , events do not stop taking place just because no one is there to observe them .

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Thank you Op..This was a treat indeed..Excellent post.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
what we humans call "time" is just the comparison of the change of an event to another, we compare other rate of changes to the rate of change from our clocks and thats what we call time. I believe time in it selfs does not exist but is an illusion created by the conscious mind. In other worlds time is a way for our minds to make sense of the changing universe as observed by our consciousness. IMO The universe is changing regardless of the presence of a conscious mind.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Fortunately we have eternity to explore infinity and I am looking forward to experiencing it all. How exciting is that?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Almost every where we turn there is something, sky, a star, a jet. obviously something must be outside, nothing does not exist, if nothing did exist, what material would nothing be made out of??

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The physicist and cosmologist look and sound ridiculous to me with their puny theories.

Now it seems that Einstein’s cosmological constant theory that they mocked years ago might be correct.
Also all of a sudden it seems that we only see a small amount of matter because there is something call DARK MATTER, and oh . . . wait a minute . . . there’s also something called DARK ENERGY that REALLY is the key to it all.

On and on, these guys display their ignorance and won’t admit

THEY DON’T KNOW!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Great post Orionhunter, one more mystery to add to the pile of mysteries.

Originally posted by itsatrap
It has always amazed me at how arrogant scientists have become to assume that they have "figured out" the universe.

For example, dark matter and dark energy are terms invented due to anomalous data that completely contradicts our understanding of gravity and the big bang. It's a clever way of saying "we have no idea what is going on out there", and what's so wrong with admitting that?
You don't see how you're contradicting yourself? First you say that scientists say they have it all figured out then you say they admit to dark matter and energy so they admit they don't have it all figured out.

Originally posted by inforeal
. there’s also something called DARK ENERGY that REALLY is the key to it all.

On and on, these guys display their ignorance and won’t admit THEY DON’T KNOW!
Same contradiction.
You sound pretty ignorant about dark matter and dark energy, instead of posting nonsense, do some research and you'll find they admit they don't know what those are.

edit on 2-4-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing, post well done op S+F.

It's incredible to think about the universe, its expanse so vast, possibly into infinity, yet when you move in the opposite direction to the quantum level you find a universe so small, although yet again vast, and potentially infinite. Whenever I think about the above it reminds me of the continuum hypothesis, and how trying to define the finite of infinity mathematically has driven some of our brightest minds to insanity, and in cases their death, however still it remains elusive.

I don't think language has a way to describe any of these things, and until they are explored to a finite conclusion, I don't think they ever will.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That's truly beauty, I can't believe our universe is soo beautiful
I wish I was able to travel to and fro
. But I can't for now.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
To think, there are planets the size of our galaxy out there with giants the size of the sun.
now thems some real supermen. they can swallow our planet when they breath and wont even know it

now you know how the piss ants feel

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

Who actually knows? At least 'science' follows the scientific process of discovery, being something isn't 'proven' until it can be observed as a repeatable phenomenon through experimentation or observation.

You got something better than that?

Oh please tell...

The more things science has pegged down, the cheaper I feel.

That's basically why I said that.
edit on 2-4-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join