It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Facts You (Probably) Never Knew About the Moon

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by mr10k
This is ATS, one of the largest, outlets for free speech on the net, so of course people will be who do not go with your beliefs, doesn't mean you need to hover over 3 pages of posts to constantly bash it and the OP.
ATS has a place for free speech that has no evidence, it's the skunk works forum.

The first clue most of these aren't moon facts should be the "alien chaser" after the guy's name.

And the motto of ATS is "deny ignorance" so in the space exploration forum you better believe some bashing of nonsensical claims is warranted.

I thought people were starting to figure out Hoagland was just an entertainer and most of his stuff was BS, but then I see so many people buying into similar BS like this, it's sad.

There's no doubt that the Earth and moon and other rocky bodies can and do contain some hollowed out areas like caves. But to suggest the entire body is hollow is displaying a level of scientific ignorance that could be disproven with the science of even 3 centuries ago. So fine, believe it's hollow if you want, you're basically admitting you adhere to a level of science prior to 1686 when Newton published his theories, and ignoring the last 300 years of knowledge.

I don't understand how you can be saying that it's not hollow, or "You can believe it or not." NASA says that it is extremely hollow. Do you not believe NASA? Or are you just saying that it's not true because you don't believe it, or you're basing it on someones theory?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The age of the Moon is impossible to tell, as transmutation from electrical
discharge, as well as the hard radiation from the Sun, will totally mess up
any dating methods. In transmutation, rock can become metal, hence the
Titanium. Glows are from the ionisation of the atoms of the elements available
on and above the surface, and water is easy to produce when you have radiation
and electricity and rock. There is nothing mysterious about the Moon, it just
needs to be correctly understood.
The Coulomb ball.
www.aip.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Ok so I have only read the first page....but IS all the info/data in the OP verifiable?? By 'experts' in each field?
Sounds veeeeeery odd to me that some of the Op'ers info seems way to ' out there',hopeful and full of wishful thinking!
Yup, somethings sure dont ring true.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I prefer this theory.

Makes sense to me.

it is odd that it does not rotate on an axis like everything else.

I think alot can happen in 4 to 5 billion years....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

I thought that straight away as soon as started reading, its just a list of things with no links to verifiable informational..

15. Spaceship Moon: As outrageous as the Moon-Is-a-Spaceship Theory is, all of the above items are resolved if one assumes that the moon is a gigantic extraterrestrial craft, brought here eons ago by intelligent beings. This is the only theory that is supported by all of the data, and there are no data that contradict this theory.

Hmmm ok then...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

very good subject, you achived a very good discussion both pro and con.
but the facts will come out some day, but we may not be around to see them.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

With respect...I think it is vital to post links that support your theories to every ' out there' claim made in your opening post . You surely cant believe that everyone reading the OP is going to accept those claims as proven!??
I am a total believer in ET's, and I also believe that they are somewhere on the moon also, but to just post flat statements with absolutely no supporting evidence is just going to lead to some of the dissenting posts here.
For me it is not enough that one person ( Ronald Regehr) has posted these claims, need some bigwigs to agree.
OK, so I will go a googlin' and see who agrees.

edit on 3-4-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I can't believe a MOD: has edited this thread because of a couple of closed minded argumentative people saying "OH ITS IN THE WRONG FORUM,OR HIS JUST COPIED IT FROM A WEBSITE"..pleaseeeee ..instead of being haters..try putting some real facts on the table to dis-prove what the OP POSTED...and to say he should of posted loads of links..well surely the point of this website is for likeminded people to work together to find answers no ?

You only have to see how many stars and flags this has got,to see it a subject matter many people like to read...were not daft..we know it not total facts..hence the reason..were all here debateing this subject..

And still no one has dis-proved that any of it is fact or fiction...like i said before even NASA don't know the real facts of the moon..

Now i personally don't belive all what is posted by the OP(IE: hollow moon)..but i can't prove its not true,nor can any of you..as its all speculation..and we all know NASA hides a lot of things from us.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro
reply to post by FanarFanar

So, I should question my own mental health because I posted information on a website, information that I firmly believe to be the truth? And you, who disagrees with my belief, insinuates that everyone who also believes what I, the original poster believes are in need of medication?

Who are you to judge me because I believe something you don't?

Just end this now because the logic for your argument, or lack thereof, is almost laughably flawed.

Erm... I mealy made a joke (see the
) about you mistaking a generalisation for a personal insult. The only comment I've directed at YOU, was the one pointing out that cutting and pasting in its entirety, (In violation of ATS T&Cs I might add) a list of SUPPOSITIONS from a dubious source as FACTS was a bit of a leap.

And you, who disagrees with my belief, insinuates that everyone who also believes what I, the original poster believes are in need of medication?

Please tell me where I said that I disagreed with YOU, or that EVERYONE else that agrees with you is in need of medication? Some people how ever, given the veracity of their arguments in the face of actual facts and logic, I belive could benefit from a little pharma-psychology. But that just my personal belief, much like yours regarding the moon.

Just end this now because the logic for your argument, or lack thereof, is almost laughably flawed.

Since I never presented an argument in the first place, there is no logic to be flawed. I made a statement. The only flaw that is apparent is in your comprehension of the English language.
edit on 3-4-2011 by FanarFanar because: spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

Thanks for clearing all that up.

Have a great day!

Probe

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
this thread is insane, i never even thought of the moon as anything except it just being the moon, but this stuff is blowing my mind. i am loving this website, it is very eye opening.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Anyone ever calculate the odds of the moon having a perfect axis and rotation speed to always have the same side facing earth??

I'd say I'd have more chance of winning lotto many times over...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

You're welcome.

Wishing you continued days free from orifice probeing.

Fanar.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Anyone ever calculate the odds of the moon having a perfect axis and rotation speed to always have the same side facing earth??

I'd say I'd have more chance of winning lotto many times over...

It doesn't have a perfect axis due to Libration.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/662b50059a2c.gif[/atsimg]

The reason the it always presents the same face to the earth is because it's tidally locked due to Earth's gravitational gradient. The same process occurs between Pluto and its moon Charon

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

But I do note you don't mention the odds of that happening..
Do you know??

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join