It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Facts You (Probably) Never Knew About the Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+138 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
While bored at work, I stumbled across this amazing website with some decently spooky facts about the moon.

Nothing much to say here, just more of an informative post.

I hope you find these facts as intriguing as I did.

After hundreds of years of detailed observation and study, our closest companion in the vast universe, Earth’s moon, remains an enigma. Six moon landings and hundreds of experiments have resulted in more questions being asked than answered. Among them:

1. Moon’s Age:

The moon is far older than previously expected. Maybe even older than the Earth or the Sun. The oldest age for the Earth is estimated to be 4.6 billion years old; moon rocks were dated at 5.3 billion years old, and the dust upon which they were resting was at least another billion years older.

www.informantnews.com...

Mod Edit: Removed extensive pasted content, added external tags, and posted source.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/2/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Number 3,5,7, & 11 were by far the most interesting, great post!
edit on 2-4-2011 by Naptown317 because: (no reason given)

My fault didnt mean to catch you in the middle of your thread. S&F

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Mod Edit: Removed pasted external content.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Naptown317

Thanks very much for reading, I am glad you enjoyed it.

Marvelous thing that moon is...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. S&F.

Anyone interested in this topic should read WHO BUILT THE MOON, which is a brilliant piece of research, writing and connection. Our sky might already be occupied by the biggest UFO we've ever seen: the moon.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Woah. Could it be? This seems to confirm that the moon really IS an artificial creation. All of the strange lights, gases spewing out of the surface, water vapor, disk objects on the surface, etc. The water vapor is one of the most obvious. You won't find naturally occurring water vapor on the moon. It only lasted for a short period of time, which means that it must have come from an artificial source on the surface, probably one of the bases that can be seen in many photographs. If it really is hollow, that absolutely confirms it is an artificial construct. I've always found it strange that one side of the moon is always facing Earth while the other side is always hidden. There's never any variation in its rotation to allow the slightest peak at the other side. Natural moons do not do that. There are way too many strange things about the moon for it to be a natural object.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
And yet, with all of this... We've not gone back. In fact we've laid down our space program.

Star and flag for the thread, some very interesting stuff!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Interesting facts about the moon, especially the one where the people claimed to have been there before the moon was in the heavens. Perhaps the way we date objects is wrong?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
WOW I am amazed , I did not know there were all these facts about the moon,
how come none of this has been on news or TV, this is evidence of a possible life on the Moon, and we can even fly there if we want, so how come we are not ?

And havent NASA said they wont be going back to the moon? Is any country exploring the moon? China, India, Russia?

This is worthy of a massive scale conspiracy, right under our noses, and we know nothing about it. WOW

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
These are indeed very interesting facts about the moon. Some years ago before the age of the internet I remember reading about some of the strange unexplained phenomena that occur on our moon. Although I hadn't until now read some of these facts that you list, I believe that the information that I read years ago may answer some of these strange phenomena. I must first point out I am in no way an expert in any of this
its based on what i have read and seen. I was/is believed that the moon was formed from the remains of other planetary bodies there for has a vastly different composition to our own earth. One of the building blocks that helped form the moon was ice. Now I'm pretty sure I remembered this correctly, Once the moon was formed some 4-5 billion years ago it settled down into an orbit that every year increases in distance from the earth by approx 4 cm every year. Over time the ice in the moon very slowly is melted and escape as gases. With the other elements that make up the moon such as iron in the presents of water/ice when realised as a gas would mostly likely carry a reddish tint. I know that some of you are screaming 'there's no oxygen so how can it rust?' but iron can rust even in a oxygen deprived environment. Now If the amount of ice is very slowly over time being melted and blasted into space this will have effects of the mass density of the moon creating cavern like spaces under the surface and course seismic activity. This might also explain the water vapour that recorded on the surface.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Given the source, stating these as "FACTS" is quite a leap, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

There are many other sites that say the same thing and some are a better source.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Links?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

I was always interesting in the moon.It's so fascinating.Thank you very much for this thread.

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. S&F.

Anyone interested in this topic should read WHO BUILT THE MOON, which is a brilliant piece of research, writing and connection. Our sky might already be occupied by the biggest UFO we've ever seen: the moon.

I'm reading it right now,looks promising.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

some info, some other, some not... Filmed by me

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Woah. Could it be? This seems to confirm that the moon really IS an artificial creation.

It confirms nothing of the sort
Really, did anyone lurn english at school? All you have here is a rehash of selected moon myths that are bound to impress any standard 12 year old. Yes the moon is very interesting - spurious use of the word 'confirms' is unacceptable!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
And yet, with all of this... We've not gone back. In fact we've laid down our space program.

Star and flag for the thread, some very interesting stuff!

To the publics knowlegde yes.

who says there havent been projects done by governments but not made public because of the results they may find which would rewrite history books etc

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
hasnt john lear been saying the same thing, and hoagland as well?

those are very interesting facts

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join