It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Update: Something About to Go Down?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Totally Agreed!

Gold has absolutely no value in a survival situation. Who in their right mind is going to trade you vital food and water something that won't keep them alive. A hoard of gold is just a sitting target for marauders. Food, Water, Medicine, and bullets is the way to go!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Yes one might say feer mongering. but when you have many mouths to feed. Wouldn't it be better to have some on hand.

let me tell you went power went out last year for a week in a half all my neighbors left there houses and went to stay in a hotel only to come home and find the houses distroyed by water damage. alot of them left and the water pipes broke in the upstairs bathrooms and leaked down. And when the power came back on it flooded the house. $ homes had to have major repairs and they were put out for a period of six months.

Me I was all set.

I have a gas fireplace which runs off a mV switch this allowed my to heat the whole entire downstair. I have a a 500 gallon tank of LP so I had plenty of heat and gas.

I used my generator which I bough at sears to back feed my panel I just shut off the feed to my home and had previousle wire a 4o amp plug right under my panel so I plug the gen right into the plug and back feed it. I could have used the generator to heat also but the fire place was enough.

I was all set.

I had plenty of water to dump down the toilet to flush which is very important not to mention cooking on the stove.

I was self suffient to say the least.

I was watching tv in bed at nigh living large.

Better to be prepaired then to have nothing and suffer....

just saying.

Not fear mongering but preparing for at least 2 weeks at the minimum.

I also have a learge stockpile of seeds for years of garden growth.

I plant a huge garden every years and can alot of stuff from tomatoe to pickel to peppers.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is a great PDF to read, I recommend you print it out.

www.abysmal.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is a place Ive bought from in the past that is awesome. I cant say enough good things about them. If you want to have an alternate food supply check it out. Link

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Funny how the OP claims that they're not fear mongering and then they proceed to list several scenarios that get people all jumpy on ATS.

Nice try.

Just because an anonymous person tells others to stockpile food and supplies, doesn't mean that you should automatically run out and do so.

Look, I get people are tired of gloom and doom posts - who isn't? However, I thought I clearly urged others to take the information as that ... just information.

Additionally, throughout several posts, you see that I clearly state the validity of the sources is suspect. I also laid out the context in which the information had conversational merit - the juxtaposition of the blogger's usual characteristic posts and the preparation post.

And the reason for the list was not to thrust others into a state fear mongering, but only to present a snapshot of all the current events which could justify such a post - however glib.

While I agree one shouldn't run out and buy a bunch of stuff on a whim and mistake that for preparedness, I believe - as others have reasoned in this thread - that it would be unwise to not evaluate your plan in the event of an emergency (especially if others are depending on you).
edit on 30-3-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
A six month supply is intended to get you through the rough times.
You should have a backup like home garden. My wife and I have been
into the prep thing for some time, as a result we have learned to garden and raise animals
keep an orchard as well as can and store our own produce.

It occurred to me that there is no perfect list of items one can store because
no one knows what exactly to prepare for.
What do you do when your stored food is used up? One would hope that the world will just reset
and it will all go back to normal. The big question is will it ever be the same as before?

Its interesting how we in this century have become so used to the luxury
of full supermarkets and easy life styles. Our ancestors had skills that
took generations to acquire. Now I find myself trying to learn those same skills.
This all takes time and preparation. My advice for those unprepared is
get what you can, try to learn as much about raising food with what ever
resources you have at hand.

That's my two cents worth

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
In such Apocalyptic scenario Im eating corpses, (until it comes I'll carry on as cool as possible) No, taking it seriously... What kind of mega-event would be enough to need such home stock? What has History to say?
edit on 30-3-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fatboyinternational

Fatboy, you just used an LDS food storage calculator. Only CRAZY LDS would recommend storing "powdered drink mixes." You have got to be kidding me. Please, erase that information out of your head. LDS are the most insane group of religious nutcases in modern times I suppose they will be safe and sound, drinking their kool-aid...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wildoracle13

Thanks for that I happen to be LDS.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
wut gets my blood pressure up:
they/napoleontono/CONGress/bankers and all the elite mansion trash have widdle cubbie holes to pull the bankie over there soft widdle arses.

and here is the kicker - funded compliments of U.S tax.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It doesn't really matter about the OPs credibility. I could tell you stuff as well but have no proof.
Look just stock up for heavens sake. If you have any spare cash, it will earn more in terms of preps than it would in the bank. As for the dilemma about whether you would feed your neighbours - rather that dilemma than being hungry and having no dilemma and no choice.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatboyinternational
Someone is going to get awful sick of ramen soup for 6 months. I have included a wep page where you can calculate what you actually need for 6 months to a year.

Just a thought, what are you going to do when the neighbors children show up on your door hungry ? That person that you thought was your friend will ask you to choose between feeding your children and his children. Food storage is not simple or cheap. It is a serious financial commitment. Think about it.

lds.about.com...

Good points, thanks. What will you do when family and friends come asking for help, especially if they know you have a substantial stockpile of food/supplies? Sometimes it's better to keep quiet about these things and not say what you have. Besides, most people I know would look at me funny if I told them how I store up food and supplies, so the heck with 'em anyway!

I will be checking out the calculator, that sounds like a great tool.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatboyinternational
Someone is going to get awful sick of ramen soup for 6 months. I have included a wep page where you can calculate what you actually need for 6 months to a year.

Just a thought, what are you going to do when the neighbors children show up on your door hungry ? That person that you thought was your friend will ask you to choose between feeding your children and his children. Food storage is not simple or cheap. It is a serious financial commitment. Think about it.

lds.about.com...

True, Ramen Noodles will get old; which is why you will have to hunt or fish for meat (or raise your own livestock,) so you can not only break up the monotony, but have a source of protein as well. I suggested Ramen Noodles because they are EXTREMELY lightweight. They are also high in sodium and complex carbohydrates, both of which you will need to live.

You are absolutely right about the financial commitment. This is another reason why my list was the way it was. You can SURVIVE for six months with a minimum of cash outlay up front. Not everyone has a whole lot of money to spend on something they may never need. You have to remember who the President is.
But you can buy a month's worth of noodles for one person - three meals a day - for NINE DOLLARS. You won't for a second think that you are at The Ritz, but you will be alive. As I said, you can hunt and fish for your meat if you don't have access to domesticated animals.

As far as my neighbors go, they are all of like mind - and I mean ALL of them. I live in a small community out in the middle of nowhere. We all go to church together, our children are on the same sports teams and Scout Troops, and we have a plan to support each other when TSHTF. We have gardens, cows, goats, pigs (not everyone raises the same livestock, I'm speaking collectively) turkeys and chickens, and instead of using up valuable gas I estimate that there are three horses for every human so we have transportation covered.

When it comes to security, we have no problems there either. Among our number are several "regular" former Marines, one Force Recon Marine, Two Army Rangers, and several nurses. We've spoken to the local sheriff and we have a plan to blockade the roads leading into our community should the need arise. There won't be any city slickers rustling our cattle I can assure you of that.

I'm a firm believer that should the unthinkable happen, local law enforcement will be our next to last line of defense (they live here too,) and should they fall, any bad guys who make it through their lines alive won't stay that way for very long. We know every boar and deer trail, rabbit hutch, creek and ravine like the back of our hands. We may be probed a few times, but when we start hanging looters and displaying their bodies on the roadside, the bad guys will quickly realize that they've messed with the wrong group of rednecks.

Sounds pretty gruesome doesn't it? Well I have news for you: if the excrement really collides with an oscillating blade, it WILL be ugly. Just look at what happens in NYC when they have a blackout for a few hours. Now imagine the US losing JUST electrical power for a couple of weeks: the stores will be empty,and there will be no way to pump gas so no more food deliveries. Those who are not prepared to support themselves WILL become violent when their bellies are empty enough.

I don't even like thinking about it, so I'm going to stop now. I'm just thankful that my family, our friends, and our neighbors ARE prepared for TEOTWAWKI. And I pray that we never have to put our plans into action.
edit on 3/30/2011 by OldCorp because: CATTLE DO NOT RUST!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
all this gloom and doom coming from the gold and silver sellers. I read an article about alex jones (NY magazine) and they casually mention that the single biggest advertiser on his radio show is a gold seller and that Alex's ratings have gone up with the price of gold.

is it the price of gold going up that is reflected in Alex's increase in popularity or, more likely, is Alex, who apparently owns a piece of said gold business, in the gloom and doom business to help promote the sale of gold?

Gold, by the way, is one of the worst things to have if the world goes to pot. You cannot carry it around. It's too heavy to use as a form of currency. Due to the size and weight, you can't conceal it very well either. Sure you can trade it for other goods but, in the end, the most valuable commodity, beside your brain, will be a gun and a bullet because you can trade that bullet for the gold, the food etc and, if you're very good at negotiating, you will get to keep your bullet.

Be wary of the doom reports that suggest you stock pile things that the reporter is selling.

Your spot on, the clue was where this impending disaster story came from, a precious metals dealer, LOL, just like Alex Jones scaring people in to buying seeds and water purification systems, does Alex really believe that during his version of the coming apocalypse, (which changes from week to week, to suit his own sales agenda) that somehow I am going to plant some seeds and grow some food, and that my unprepared neighbors will just leave my tasty home grown GMO free food alone? Don't get me wrong, Alex does have some good points, but as far as I am concerned destroys his credibility with his constant force feeding of his snake oil. Its actually pretty laughable some of the fear mongering I have seen on here recently.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

I don't know about this guy. I know that we are supposed to believe this if we want, but the guy went out of his way to say he was in a fight club (i'm assuming like the movie) and then proceeds to saw that a friend of a friend says that a high level DHS agent is saying prepare for something?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Who knows if the source is reliable. The fact seems to be that even if nothing happens, it is time to gather stuff up for an extended emergency.

I for one will start this weekend. My family and me will use common sense, and in a couple of months will have a stock of supplies that did not break our bank account.

It may be time to be ahead of the curve for once.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

WOW, something is weird here, I personally am a little more concenred considering as you listed the many disasters happening around the globe, along iwht all the other chatter going around the web, this adds a more clear point ot believe it. thanks for the post S&F...peace ot us we will all truely need it

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Living in hurricane territory, I always have supplies stockpiled. EVERYONE should do this. That being said, at any moment in our lives SOMETHING bad could happen....just prepare...then live your life. The world is an unpredictable place, but worrying will only age you faster

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I agree it cant be a bad idea to stock up, but has anyone thought how good it may be for certain agencies (FEMA in the states) when they go round collecting provisions (and people?)

Happened in nazi Germany, and id say the Gov follow the nazis early actions quite alarmingly. Just omething to think about anyway.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well my app wont let me copy the URL but I was reading the FBI is investigating several letters that are being mailed out to random people saying that Al Qaeda has planted 160 dirty bombs in various US cities and they are remote detonation wired. CBS was the website. Chicago I believe. One word. Rahm
Two words. Ray Davis.
edit on 30-3-2011 by sirjunlegun because: Ray Davis had plans to sell dirty bomb plans to Al Qaeda. Lahore, Pakistan is where 9-11 began.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join