It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army kills Afghans who were speeding on bike!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
this has nothing what so ever to do with the o.p. video.

They're both the 5th Stryker Brigade and possibly the same soldiers.

Gives a great insight into the mentality of these people. I think it's relevant.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
As far as the 12 man kill team. They should ALL be Shot by firing squad in public. IF the clown that admitted to all those murders was actually telling the truth. That's just my opinion. Every profession has a few bad apples we have the most professional and good willing armed forces in the entire world. And god bless them all.

I wonder what ATS members thoughts were when in Somalia the Islamic s dragged the bodies of our service men through the streets. The mission there was to stop the massacre of UN peacekeepers and try to insure food intended for hundreds of thousands of starving people actually got to those people.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Thats the worst warcrime I had ever seen.

So you think this is worse than the Rwandan Genocide, the Srebrenica massacre or say the holocaust?

I agree this is pretty bad, but i would call it collateral damage rather than the worst war crime off all time. I think you may be exaggerating this just a smidge.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yawn, another I hate America thread from the usual suspects. Move on nothing to see here maybe you can find something else to bitch about, I'm sure somewhere someone did something. It seems only US troops are questioned and attacked by the usual idiots on this thread.....hypocrasy noted.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Originally posted by deltaboy

Thats the worst warcrime I had ever seen.

So you think this is worse than the Rwandan Genocide, the Srebrenica massacre or say the holocaust?

I agree this is pretty bad, but i would call it collateral damage rather than the worst war crime off all time. I think you may be exaggerating this just a smidge.

Not worse than, but definitely the same as.
Vicky

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Yawn, another I hate America thread from the usual suspects.

Ignorance noted.

Move on nothing to see here maybe you can find something else to bitch about, I'm sure somewhere someone did something.

Lunacy noted.

It seems only US troops are questioned and attacked by the usual idiots on this thread

And it seems like the same idiots who defend psycopath murderers in the name of a flag on this thread. Idiocy noted.

hypocrasy noted

Lacking of brain noted.

You lot jumping to defend these soldiers or the US army forget one thing when you tell others to shut up. Freedom of speech. At least in the US you can critisize the army for the BAD THINGS THEY DO(ow yes, they do bad things, didn't you know?). That is a trait you should respect. Or do you want the US to be like one of the backward dictator countries? Because it sure seems that way...so maybe you all belong on some T-list too.

#ing lunatics...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My problem with this video is they used way too much ammo.

The marksmanship doctrine killed by supressive fire.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

Better to be sure than sorry. They do this often. No such thing as going for "head shots"

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I saw the video. While it was put online by Der Spiegel who also published those pictures of US soldiers posing with their "kills". In this case they were on a motorcycle (not a bicycle..."bike" in title is ambiguous) but they did not appear to be "speeding" either (which might imply speeding away from the site of an IED attack). They simply came around a corner where there were us troops and they got shot. It was a case of "shoot first, ask questions later" - human life is cheap over there and they might have been suicide bombers so let's not take a chance. I dont think that they found a bomb so it was more of a situation of being at the "wrong place at the wrong time" and will be written off as "collateral damage" during "the fog of war." Mr. Obama, end this madness....killing civilians proves nothing....no machismo for the troops and we are not making the world safer. safer for whom? not for innocent afghanis.......
edit on 29-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I don't recall telling anyone to shut up, although it seems it would be more than appropriate in this case. Other countries commit the same and worse............and yet only we are held accountable. Fact of the matter is, even justified killings such as this come under scrutiny because of terrible things done by others. Yes the "kill team" murders were horrible, and undefendable, but things like that make all acts come under question. They come under question due to leftist loons pushing an agenda and frankly profiting from the actions of the military....the ones still there because the left's messiah is no different than the last president. As far as ignorance........ nut up or shut up, seems 99% of the pansys on here constantly bashing the military have never served, they only know what their liberal professors and parents teach them.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Vietnam was worse....as many of the civilians pretended to be friendlies by day but wore the "black pajamas" (viet cong) at night. Soldiers are trained to fight a clearly identified army even in urban scenarios you have the enemy shooting at you and you shoot back. In this case they could certainly hear the motorcycle approaching.,,,why not have someone inthe road to stop them with the others offering cover and then if they refused to stop they could use lethal force?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I hope these murderers get what they asked for. Karma is a bitch. They ain't fighting for my freedom and protection of the USA. If they were, they would be on the US border. They are just a bunch of inbred redneck soldiers who are not smarter than my pet rock.

WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO, They were Teliban wearing ammo-Magazine vest. You know the same type suicide bombers ware.

The guy on the motorcycle also tried to ram the U.S. guy.

God you people and your ignorance amaze me.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Vietnam was worse....as many of the civilians pretended to be friendlies by day but wore the "black pajamas" (viet cong) at night. Soldiers are trained to fight a clearly identified army even in urban scenarios you have the enemy shooting at you and you shoot back. In this case they could certainly hear the motorcycle approaching.,,,why not have someone inthe road to stop them with the others offering cover and then if they refused to stop they could use lethal force?

Your idea of how to run a patrol would have you and your squad dead.

Those friendly happy motorcycle riders would let everyone know our boys are up there. You think that is downtown Mayberry. They are on a patrol.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It is a gray area as they were on patrol and hence "on point" as to potential danger. Let me ask you this,,,,if you were an Afghani father and the us soldiers killed your kids for coming around a corner and summarily shot and killed, how would you feel? IF cops in a bad area did this in our country then we would be hearing about police brutality. Is this not the same reason given by police for killing someone holding a steak knife from 21 ft away.,,,because of what they might do? BTW, I support our troops (for the most part - except for obvious wrongful deaths, including puppies) but that is not a license to kill just because a civilian was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just remember what you said when there is martial law in this country and US civilians are shot like "worthless" Afghans by foreign troops.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yes, a few shots would have "stopped the threat" but it sounded like a couple of guys emptied their magazines to make sure that there were no survivors of the encounter. I am surprised that they published the video unless they found a suicide vest loaded with bombs.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I disagree. I believe the soldier saw clearly that these guys had a chest rig on and were about to shoot at them. And only after seeing that did he open fire.

With that said I agree that it was 100% overkill. Four shots, two on each would have don the trick. Six shots max!
edit on 29-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I agree it was not the worst case scenario,,,like nazis killing civiians for the fun of it. They acted quickly as they felt "threatened" but that doesnt make it right....war is a dangerous place and there is a fine line between killing every potential threat to feel safe and then putting yourself in danger of hanging from a rope for a war crime.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is sickening...
The way people comment as if their murder was justified by them wearing armor to protect themselves,
the key to this war is..

RACISM

You can kill some afghans on a bike if you view them to be subhuman..
It's not so easy if you can visualize their life up until that moment when you take it away,
their childhood, everyday experiences, family members, wives, children, ambitions.

None of that matters if you don't believe it exists, the war machine is grounded in racism
and inherent eugenics.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is sickening...
The way people comment as if their murder was justified by them wearing armor to protect themselves,
the key to this war is..

RACISM

You can kill some afghans on a bike if you view them to be subhuman..
It's not so easy if you can visualize their life up until that moment when you take it away,
their childhood, everyday experiences, family members, wives, children, ambitions.

None of that matters if you don't believe it exists, the war machine is grounded in racism
and inherent eugenics.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Here I thought Wisconsin had harsh punishments for speeding!

Remind me never to speed in Afghanistan!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join