U.S. Army kills Afghans who were speeding on bike!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stygmartyrZA

Do you know the difference between a chest rig and a bulletproof vest? Geez...
Just in case, they were wearing the first, which is offensive in nature since it's used to carry spare ammo and an assortment of grenades.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Calling BULL# on Rolling Stone

The online edition of the Rolling Stone story contains a section with a video called “Motorcycle Kill,” which includes our Soldiers gunning down Taliban who were speeding on a motorcycle toward our guys. These Soldiers were also with 5/2 SBCT, far away from the “Kill Team” later accused of the murders. Rolling Stone commits a literary “crime” by deceptively entwining this normal combat video with the Kill Team story. The Taliban on the motorcycle were killed during an intense operation in the Arghandab near Kandahar City. People who have been to the Arghandab realize the extreme danger there. The Soviets got beaten horribly in the Arghandab, despite throwing everything including the Soviet kitchen sink into the battle that lasted over a month. Others fared little better. To my knowledge, 5/2 and supporting units were the first ever to take Arghandab, and these two dead Taliban were part of that process.

The killing of the armed Taliban on the motorcycle was legal and within the rules of engagement. Law and ROE are related but separate matters. In any case, the killing was well within both the law and ROE. The Taliban on the back of the motorcycle raised his rifle to fire at our Soldiers but the rifle did not fire. I talked at length with several of the Soldiers who were there and they gave me the video. There was nothing to hide. I didn’t even know about the story until they told me. It can be good for Soldiers to shoot and share videos because it provides instant replay and lessons learned. When they gave me the video and further explained what happened, I found the combat so normal that I didn’t even bother publishing it, though I should have because that little shooting of the two Taliban was the least of the accomplishments of these Soldiers, and it rid the Arghandab of two Taliban.

www.michaelyon-online.com...#-on-rolling-stone.htm

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It is about time the Americans picked on somebody capable of fighting back. For years now they have had these asymetrical little brawls, with poorly trained (not asymetric) , poorly equipped, unsupported groups. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they were to try and take on a modern, well trained, and resourced Country(s). They may very well have their psychotic smiles wiped off their faces.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Yeah that's it, I picked up a bad habit of calling it chest-webbing. (which is embarassing actually)

reply to post by larrydavid

END THREAD

The soldier are to be congratulated, clearly they are Taliban insurgents to be fair motorbikes are the Taliban's main mode of transport, i thought everybody new that

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Good find, those guys were armed!

Way to go USA!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You people are amazing. Watch a few seconds of video and make a judgment.

You know NOTHING about the circumstances.
Did they get a radio call about 2 fleeing a raid somewhere?
Did those 2 just shoot at another group of soldiers?
Were they a couple of sought after bombers?

I don't know and YOU DON'T EITHER !

My uncle was a Green Beret in Vietnam for 2 tours and he would cry 20 years later when telling me about
Shooting women and kids because they would run up to the deuce and a half's and throw grenades in killing US soldiers. But yet the new back home would just show them shooting some woman or kid.

When you don't know the circumstances you can not make a judgment on what happened.

Yeah I know there are some killings that are unprovoked and there are some rouge groups but the majority of the soldiers there are doing what they have to and for you to judge and make posts like the ones on here and jump to conclusions are just sickening!!

I am disgusted at some of my fellow countrymen......

Get your lazy rear end of the computer and sign up and go over there and do the job you hypocrites!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

It had to be the usual "I'm disgusted at..." post. It's done. The duo that got killed were militants. Overkill but justified and legitimate.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by larrydavid

I agree.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think that it is nice of all of you to judge these men. We are not in a combat situation. These men are. I am sure they are sick of being over there. Judge on people you are better than everybody else. these men have probably got some mental disorders from being over there and all you people can do is judge them.

Get real internet bums. You are no better than anybody else. Peace on earth is a pipe dream. I believe it is evident from the centuries of violence of the human race. But hey lets condemn all of those putting their life on the line in the name of our democracy. No matter how moot the situation seems.
edit on 29-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I agree, this is no different then people spitting on our soldiers that came back from Vietnam. I bet that more than half of the people posting on this site have never even seen a gun. Our boys are over there dealing with "people" that have no sympathy for westerners.

Let me be the first to say, go getem boys. Thats one less to worry about.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Boy,

Talk about your strict traffic laws.

I'm not going to complain about the red light cams in my town anymore!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I hate america and what it deceivingly stands for.
I do not include all the honest and decent americans.
If they came into my country illegally and murdered my
countrymen, women and children, i would fight for all
i was worth against them.
Remember this is all down to the 9/11 con/hoax they pulled
on their countrymen and the world.
All governments know of this deception.
All governments are controlled by the same individuals/groups.
They are destroying the world.
May the guilty get their dues, in this life or the next.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
I hate america and what it deceivingly stands for.
I do not include all the honest and decent americans.
If they came into my country illegally and murdered my
countrymen, women and children, i would fight for all
i was worth against them.
Remember this is all down to the 9/11 con/hoax they pulled
on their countrymen and the world.
All governments know of this deception.
All governments are controlled by the same individuals/groups.
They are destroying the world.
May the guilty get their dues, in this life or the next.

Hate is such a strong word. What country do you live in again. I feel this is a thread for american bashing. Where are you from? You are no better than anybody else. It is obviuos that you think you are.

By the way, what country are in again? But for some reason I think you are going to hit and runb on this one.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

You know what makes me giggle when I read posts like yours? It’s the whole “If someone invaded my country and killed my people, I would fight them too”. If that viewpoint is widespread and universal in its application, why the hell don’t they fight the Taliban according to your logic? Many of the Taliban fighters are Pakistani, most are Pashtun but not all and many even come from places like Egypt, the UK, Kuwait, Yemen and so forth.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by larrydavid
I am officially done supporting the troops.

I have seen soo many videos of US troops murdering people.

"Let me check out my kill"

The military of the US and UK really is the army of Lucifer.

People always focus on the negatives. They're on tons of soldiers who do good and heartwarming things. A lot of people are in the armed forces, and some of them are bound to be a bit nuts. Plus, being in the middle east fighting the enemies they fight, probably doesn't help.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I also think the article editor should be condemned or prosecuted for trying to slant the situation. I cannot stand this kind of repoting. The crazy thing is look at all of those who fall for it. It works.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Alright, If you go to 07 seconds, you will see the passenger on the motorcycle raise his right hand which appears to have a weapon in it. Second, if you go here on youtube, www.youtube.com..., you can listen to their conversation stating that these guys were already trying to kill the American soldiers earlier. Open your eyes and follow through and yo will see the truth... Go USA!!!!!
edit on 29-3-2011 by malachi777 because: Was 07 seconds, not 14.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.liveleak.com...

Thats the worst warcrime I had ever seen. Killing a couple of innocent Afghans who were speeding on a bike. Obama will tried by war crimes for this.

Mistakes will happen when you are in a war. Especially when you are in a war with a cowardice and selfish moral. Anyone who uses the civilians as their sheilds and camoflauge is going to cause a few instances of mistaken identity. I think any person who is sitting on the side lines crying, "how could they," should be put on the front lines to help the soldiers make the important decisions. After all, they have the infinate wisdom and all-knowing of hindsight. The soldiers aren't the bad guys, it is the people who put them/or drawed them there.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Calling BULL# on Rolling Stone

The online edition of the Rolling Stone story contains a section with a video called “Motorcycle Kill,” which includes our Soldiers gunning down Taliban who were speeding on a motorcycle toward our guys. These Soldiers were also with 5/2 SBCT, far away from the “Kill Team” later accused of the murders. Rolling Stone commits a literary “crime” by deceptively entwining this normal combat video with the Kill Team story. The Taliban on the motorcycle were killed during an intense operation in the Arghandab near Kandahar City. People who have been to the Arghandab realize the extreme danger there. The Soviets got beaten horribly in the Arghandab, despite throwing everything including the Soviet kitchen sink into the battle that lasted over a month. Others fared little better. To my knowledge, 5/2 and supporting units were the first ever to take Arghandab, and these two dead Taliban were part of that process.

The killing of the armed Taliban on the motorcycle was legal and within the rules of engagement. Law and ROE are related but separate matters. In any case, the killing was well within both the law and ROE. The Taliban on the back of the motorcycle raised his rifle to fire at our Soldiers but the rifle did not fire. I talked at length with several of the Soldiers who were there and they gave me the video. There was nothing to hide. I didn’t even know about the story until they told me. It can be good for Soldiers to shoot and share videos because it provides instant replay and lessons learned. When they gave me the video and further explained what happened, I found the combat so normal that I didn’t even bother publishing it, though I should have because that little shooting of the two Taliban was the least of the accomplishments of these Soldiers, and it rid the Arghandab of two Taliban.

www.michaelyon-online.com...#-on-rolling-stone.htm

Throw the editor on the front line and see if he is willing to shoot for his own life.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Not defending those guys; but it is possible that they were fleeing an ambush site. Motorcycle teams used to ambush us with rpgs, ditch the launcher, then flee. It was next to impossible to catch them. It was so bad in Zormat that the district govoner (Afghan) outlawed motocycles. The Afghan army would then shoot anyone riding a motorcycle on sight.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join