It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army kills Afghans who were speeding on bike!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by larrydavid

edit on 28-3-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

You still haven't explained why soldiers would deviate from standard operating procedure and immediately run up to people who are suspected of having a "SUICIDE BOMB" after shooting hot rounds into said "terrorists".

I read your question wrong. - They obviously checked the bodies after.

Also, bomb or not, you can clearly see the taliban on the bike try and run one of the soldier's over, hence the "See that mother f*cker try to pull up on me!?" remark

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Ever heard of suicide bombers?

(no reason given)

You still haven't explained why soldiers would deviate from standard operating procedure and immediately run up to people who are suspected of having a "SUICIDE BOMB" after shooting hot rounds into said "terrorists".

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I read your question wrong. - They obviously checked the bodies after.

Also, bomb or not, you can clearly see the taliban on the bike try and run one of the soldier's over, hence the "See that mother f*cker try to pull up on me!?" remark

OK let me get this straight.

1st we have a phantom make believe AK-47. Which I still cant see.

2nd we have what MIGHT be a cargo vest (inconclusive from the video) that still dosent indicate a bomb.

3rd we have idiot soldiers who jump out into the road in front of a moving vehicle and then later claim they were almost struck by said vehicle.

4th we are to PRETEND they didnt just run up to a live "suicide bomb"

Are you really serious?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Fist off no he will not, Bush sent us in on a lie and he hasn't, especially when this had nothing to do with Obama. Is Obama a puppet? Yes! But he didn't order these shootings, these were just some loose cannon soldiers.... as 99% of them are. This is just a factor in war.

But these soldiers should be charged for war crimes, they knew what they were doing, soldiers are dogs trained to bite in my opinion. To much call of duty if you ask me.

S&F

all the best,
Jacob

Originally posted by smokeythabear
Man watching this really made my heart sink. I can't believe the soldier was so casual "let me check out my kill" like it was a game.

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by Viking9019

Watch the video again and I think you'll see that it was an ambush. That soldier stepped out there knowing exactly what was coming through; obviously they had seen the riders at some distance and had premeditated that kill....

Originally posted by randomname
that looked like a classic and premeditated ambush. they were hiding in a bush around a bend filming.

i wouldn't be surprised if they had a spotter up the road, relaying when the next "target" was approaching.

what were they doing there anyways. obviously they were in a friendly town. 3 lives wasted in less than a second.

Originally posted by Deebo
They were mainly just real edgy. You could tell how by how they were walking that they were in a movement to contact situation which means expecting imminent danger, then this bike hauls butt around the corner with no attempts to stop. This one is a tough call, but I totally agree that the "let me check my kill" bs is just wrong. And as much as I dislike obama (name not capitalized on purpose), you can't really blame him for the actions of another person. Either way its all a mess.

Deebo
edit on 28-3-2011 by Deebo because: add

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I hope these murderers get what they asked for. Karma is a bitch. They ain't fighting for my freedom and protection of the USA. If they were, they would be on the US border. They are just a bunch of inbred redneck soldiers who are not smarter than my pet rock.

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by xShadow13

I was thinking the same but this a another case of a U.S. soldier getting scared and firing without any thought.

Watch the video and pay attention before jumping on the OP's bandwagon.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Are you "starring" your own posts?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.liveleak.com...

Thats the worst warcrime I had ever seen. Killing a couple of innocent Afghans who were speeding on a bike. Obama will tried by war crimes for this.

IF Obama is charged for war crime I personally think Al Sharpton will go on about how it's because Obama is black.

Though I too believe that Bush & Cheney should be charged first and foremost before even getting to Obama.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Are you "starring" your own posts?

Absolutely NOT.

I give full permission to any Mod to reveal this to you.

Go ahead and PM a mod.

I am not a liar. Unlike our current hi-jacked government.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
there has been a news story of american soliders killing innocent afghans and posing with the bodies around ATS for over a week or so, so it can be easy to jump to conclusions on this one before taking in everything that is going off in the video.

i have watched the video and the bike comes into shot, it makes no attempt to stop and turns towards the american soldiers for a head on. notice how the bike is on the outer edge of the wall, when the driver sees the soldiers he does not slow down or put his foot down to stop the bike. he turns the bike in the direction of the soliders and keeps going.

also if you note the picture somebody linked, that does look simular to a strapped on bomb, regardless of if it was or not. so although it is shocking to see them killed as it would be seeing any human being killed, i do not think there was any over reaction here and the soldiers did what they believed was best in the few moments they had to react.

even if these were innocent civillians, you do not drive and aim the bike at soliders, they should of stopped, and you do not strap things to you that can be confused as a suicide vest. but i do believe these were intent on harming the U.S troops. if they were not terrorist then it was tragic, but i do not think the soldiers were intent on killing innocent civillans in this case, they truly thought they were in danger.
edit on 28-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Why do you even mention the word "speeding" in your title as if they were doing something wrong? By the way they were hobbling around on that little motorcycle I could have easily tackled them to the ground. And how many bullets does it take to kill two people on a little motorbike? It sounds like one guy emptied his mag. You’d think if they were afraid that they had a bomb they wouldn’t be trying to set it off with a few hundred rounds of ammo.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
there been a news story of american soliders killing innocent afghans and posing with the bodies around ATS for over a week or so, so it can be easy to jump to conclusions on this one before taking in everything that is going off in the video.

i have watched the video and the bike comes into shot, it makes no attempt to stop and turns towards the american soldiers for a head on. notice how the bike is on the outer edge of the wall, when the driver sees the soldiers he does not slow down or put his foot down to stop the bike. he turns the bike in the direction of the soliders and keeps going.

also if you note the picture somebody linked, that does look simular to a strapped on bomb, regardless of if it was or not. so although it is shocking to see them killed as it would be seeing any human being killed, i do not think there was any over reaction here and the soldiers did what they believed was best in the few moments they had to react.

even if these were innocent civillians, you do not drive and aim the bike at soliders, they should of stopped, and you do not strap things to you that can be confused as a suicide vest. but i do believe these were intent on harming the U.S troops. if they were not terrorist then it was tragic, but i do not think the soldiers were intent on killing innocent civillans in this case, they truly thought they were in danger.

Of course they are hauling ass! What would you do if you had to get from point a to point b knowing full well that american soldiers are all over the place shooting anything that moves?

And like I said, why would you jump out into the path of an on coming vehicle? Seems pretty foolish if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

www.slate.com...

It depends on the explosive. Some bomb materials are highly sensitive to impact; if you shoot a gun at a stick of dynamite, for example, there's a good chance you'll set it off. Others are less susceptible to gunfire. The military tries to make its explosives as durable as it can, since you don't want soldiers blowing up from the impact of a single bullet. A block of C4 plastic explosive can withstand a rifle shot without exploding. You can even set one on fire without too much worry.

couple that with the fact that IED's tend to be refurbished military hardware and you get your answer.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

That's what I like about this site... how knowledgeable everyone is about the military. I mean you pulled that reply in seconds.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

jumped out? are you real? you can clearly see the driver turn the front wheel for a head on, no attempt to stop.
if it were me i would of put my foot down on the ground and stopped the bike and hold my hands up in the air ASAP, not turn towards them and keep driving.

at least then i would be showing my intent that i wish no harm on the soliders even if they still shot me, doing that would of put my survival chances up by 30%, what the driver did was suicide.

again if these were innocent civillians it was tragic, however i do not think these soliders intented to kill innocent civllians, they truly thought they were in danger.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

www.slate.com...

It depends on the explosive. Some bomb materials are highly sensitive to impact; if you shoot a gun at a stick of dynamite, for example, there's a good chance you'll set it off. Others are less susceptible to gunfire. The military tries to make its explosives as durable as it can, since you don't want soldiers blowing up from the impact of a single bullet. A block of C4 plastic explosive can withstand a rifle shot without exploding. You can even set one on fire without too much worry.

couple that with the fact that IED's tend to be refurbished military hardware and you get your answer.

WRONG. C-4 is rarely used. and dynamite, i dont think so. And the milliatary knows this.

Increased crackdowns by the Palestinian Authority led to the arrest of most skilled explosive makers and made smuggling more difficult, leading to less common use of trinitrotoluene(TNT). Its replacement has been the much less stable and more dangerous, but easy to make, acetone peroxide(TATP), known as Mother of Satan for its instability. This shift led to many casualties among explosive makers as well as nearby civilians, as the clandestine laboratories that produce explosive belts are often located in residential areas, and it is not uncommon to find dozens or even hundreds of kilograms of TATP in a single location during a raid[citation needed]. In some constructions, TATP is used only for the initiator, and the explosive itself is a homemade mixture similar to Ammonal

en.wikipedia.org...

So once again I ask you, Why would soldiers run up to a possibly live bomb that had been just filled with hot rounds?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by larrydavid

Why would two villagers be wearing chest-mounted webbing in a warzone? For fun? For laughs?
Why would they even have some to begin with?

First of all, please explain what "chest mounted webbing" is.

Secondly, lets see what this chest mounted webbing you claim is in the video.

I believe he's trying to say is a "Chest Rig" that is often worn by soldiers to mount ammo pouches, grenade pouches, handgun holster, etc. some chest rigs can also be plate carriers for body armor. The webbing is actually called "PALS, Pouch Attachment Ladder System" thats the straps sewn to the fabric that allows you to attach the various pouches per user and mission needs.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Yeah that's it, I picked up a bad habit of calling it chest-webbing. (which is embarassing actually)

are we arguing about whether they killed civilians, or whether they had a bomb?

But to answer your question using your own logic that you used before: what you posted proves nothing as it is merely effective on a probability scale. "They MAY use c4, they MAY use TNT, they MAY use refurbished bombs, they MAY use [insert explosive]"

Yes, there are a few that certainly know there stuff here, which is pretty good

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
While I have shown my outrage towards previous killings I have seen, and I am totally against the US being on another countries soil for "defensive" purposes. I believe this kill was justified - although the culture and lack of compassion is still disgusting.

The reason I say this kill was justified:
The soldier had a couple of seconds max to make a decision and react.
If these people had explosives and there had been any hesitation they could have killed all the US soldiers there - while I agree it is stupid they went straight up to a victim that could have potentially been carrying weapons, this to me does not mean the kill itself was not justified.

I am anti the wars full stop - but you also have to put yourself in that soldiers shoes. I would not be there to start with - but if I was, I confess I would have had the exact same reaction.

It is sad that these people were killed for driving a motorbike in their own country - and it should not have happened. But I can see why this action was taken by the soldiers and do not feel they should be held responsible.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
double post
edit on 28-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Excellent spotting. Star for you.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
You guys are right.

What the hell was I thinking?

The 1-2 million innocent civilians that have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan are only my imagination. All those women and children must of had it coming.

After all they are just fighting for our freedom right?

Maybe I'm just a communist or even a terrorist.

Because we all know the real owners of the USA and UK are good, solid people.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join