It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try to get this fact clear - Amateur Astronomers Spotting NIBIRU

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by pazcat

he doesnt seem to reply to any comments..

is it possible for any member with a telescope to locate the same patch of sky?

He never gives coordinates.

Which is rather telling, as it lends more credence to him looking at random things and calling them things they aren't.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Without knowing the exact coordinates you wouldn't get the area spot on, to be honest he mentions Leo but it could be anything given his past efforts and you can always get stellarium or another free skychart and try and plot the same background stars. But Leo is a big place, he gives little information and it does look as if he has just clone stamped the "satellites(lol)" in photoshop and moved them around.
Nothing would surprise me.

Not to mention that if he is able to get reflected light off of the satellites/moons/planets or whatever he is claiming, the reflected light off of the "low mass binary star" would be much more noticeable than the red blob on the screen.
Plus I wonder what that grey rectangle is for?
edit on 29-3-2011 by pazcat because: spelling, yargh

To add, the new upgraded telescope he is claiming to be using in the Nibiru vid is a Meade LX200, which has a 12inch arpeture, so you would need somebody with the same spec scope, and as mentioned you also need the coordinates, you would need to know what camera was used and what settings the camera was using, what exposure, for how long etcetera ...... to get close to duplicating the pictures.
edit on 29-3-2011 by pazcat because: to add, yargh

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have a Orion Skyquest XX12g with the Orion Solar Filter and have been looking for this thing for over a year .. no luck ... Now, it is possible that it is a brown dwarf and can only be seen in the IR wave .. so, waiting on my filter for that and will keep looking ...but, I can't find any evidence and I look several times a week .. I am not saying it does not exist .. just that I have not found it yet ..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by atlantalan

Well.....the "brown dwarf" meme of "only seen in IR" is a bit misunderstood, actually:

... it is possible that it is a brown dwarf and can only be seen in the IR wave ...

To clarify, this is similar to say....if our planet Jupiter were NOT in proximity of the Sun or any other star, then it too would be hard to "see", except in IR.

But, of course.....it is reflective, just like similar gas giants. Oh, BTW.....a "brown dwarf" is basically a gas giant, too.

The whole point of this InfraRed concept is to describe a large, massive gaseous body that did not accumulate large enough to initiate nuclear fusion, and thus emit light of its own! Other words, shine like a star. (Because, isn't that why we can see stars, unaided? THEY make their own light, and presence known).

For the non-existent "nibiru", claimed to be coming in, and near enough in proximity to be a "danger" to the Earth.....IT TOO would reflect light; just as Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto do (not to mention, when you have sensitive enough telescopes, any other object large enough, based on distance and albedo).

Now, if we are discussing a *possible* (and often wondered) very very very distant body as hypothesized (sometimes has been called "Nemesis") this would be out beyond Kuiper Belt, perhaps in Oort cloud....maybe as mush as a light year away. That far, and no light of its own, the Sun is too dim to reflect back to us, and reveal this body. So, it may, then, be detectable by IR....or, alternatively, by gravitational influences that can be observed occurring, that may affect other already known and observed objects, and their behavior.

Is this clear, yet?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

good luck with your quest

do you find any difficulties looking for it during daytime?

thanks!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

good luck with your quest

do you find any difficulties looking for it during daytime?

thanks!!

You can't look for it in the daytime with a large telescope, they collect too much light.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

this is one of the intriguing elenin's video..pls comment bout it when you are back handsomely awake

Thanks for that - it helped visualize the position of Elenin. The link to the original java applet that he made that video from is here.

At first, I thought that his alignments were just artifacts, and that the inclination of the comet's orbit was higher than it is. After playing with the applet, I found that the orbit is surprising, in that it falls pretty close to the ecliptic, making the alignments he cites pretty close to dead on. The March 15th alignment he shows is actually closer to being in a line on March 11, the day of the Japanese earthquake.

Now that I have an idea of the orbit and distance of the comet, I'll have to dig around and find out information on the mass. It can't be anything approaching planet sized, or even moon sized, or it would be shining brightly in the night sky right now. It's about a third of the way out between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter today, and on the night side of Earth, meaning that if it were of a planetary size, we'd be able to see the light reflected off of it very clearly in the night sky.

I could have sworn that he said it was "4 times the size of the Earth" in the video when I first watched it, but I watched it again several times taking notes, and never heard it again, so I must have been mistaken. Size is a funny thing, astronomically speaking. The term "size" is too imprecise for astronomical work, and should be firmed up to "diameter" or "mass", both of which are inter-related through "density" - if one packs more mass to a higher density, the resulting diameter shrinks.

A solid iron body 4 times the diameter of Earth would still not have enough mass to qualify as a brown dwarf. A body with only 4 times the mass of Earth, regardless of density or diameter, isn't even close to approaching brown dwarf status. Brown dwarves fall between about 13 and 75 or 80 times Jupiter's mass, which in turn is itself about 318 times Earth's mass, meaning that a brown dwarf is 4000 times Earths mass at a minimum, and 26,000 times Earth's mass at a maximum. A solid iron body of one Earth mass would occupy 2/3 of Earth's volume, and have slightly over half of the Earth's diameter (0.54 times Earth diameter). 4000 times that mass, at the density of iron, would occupy 4000 times that volume (0.54 Earth) and be 8.6 times the Earth's diameter.

So then, a body large enough to qualify as a brown dwarf would be 8.6 times the Earth's diameter, even if it was packed as densely as solid iron, and so would have enough surface area to shine very brightly in the night sky indeed. In all actuality, it would most likely be quite bit larger than that, diameter wise, as it would likely be less dense than that. Given the distance to Elenin as of today, which is 1.946 AU outward from the sun, on our night side, it should be blazing with a glory all it's own if it were that big.

You can check these figures yourself, using 5.2 gm/cm^3 for Earth's density, 8 gm/cm^3 for the density of iron, and the formula for the volume of a sphere, which is V=(4/3)*pi*r^3 where V is the volume and r is the radius of the sphere.

"Mike" further states that Elenin is not "called a comet, but it has that 'C' there in it's name". The "C" designation is a naming convention of the IAU for comet discoveries, so they actually ARE calling it a comet, in the very designation of C 2010 X1. Furthermore, some of his "alignments" have the comet in line with the sun from Earth, meaning that the gravities would be additive, and some of them have it opposite the Earth from the sun, meaning that the gravities would be opposed to one another, each weakening the effects of the other, "cancelling them out" to a degree. All of that is assuming that Elenin had enough mass for it's gravity to enter the equation at all, which we have seen above it doesn't.

I note that "Mike" was trying to sell silver at 50 dollars an ounce. On March 11, the date of his video, silver was actually trading for right around 37 dollars an ounce. Nice profit there, if you can scare folks bad enough into paying it. I've never understood the mindset of "buy silver 'cause the world is ending". You can't eat it, and I certainly wouldn't take it in trade for food that you COULD eat in that event (WHY would I give up my perfectly edible food for a chunk of inedible metal?) so it's just beyond me. Still, a lot of folks go running that way whenever threatened with disaster, and I suspect that's what "Mike" was up to here - trying to drum up business using fear as the drum stick.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Need I also say that, were it a brown dwarf, it would be very visible, seeing as it would be a second Jupiter, and that it would be tearing planets out of their orbits?

Elenin recently passed Jupiter. It's still where it always is in the sky.

Absolutely. It would be blazing brighter than any other star or planet in our night sky right now if it were anything approaching Brown dwarf size.

In all fairness, though, Jupiter was on the other side of the sun, at the other side of it's orbit, when Elenin crossed the Jovian orbit around 3 August 2010 inbound, so there wasn't any real "passing" of Jupiter by Elenin.

Still, even if Jupiter had been directly in the path of the comet, we'd have only seen another playout of the Shoemaker-Levy episode - Jupiter would have eaten the comet, rather than the other way around.

edit on 2011/3/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Again people is mixing apples with oranges, one thing are objects in the Oort Cloud and another different a Brown Dwarf that comes from it in a orbit cross the entire solar system and return to the point of origin, again a Brown Dwarf is a big brother of Jupiter in a way so people can understand it, now Jupiter in our solar system have a great magnetic influence, its that so that many asteroids and comets are catch by it (again remember shoemaker levy comet crash on it??) and thanks to jupiter we have not been shot down more times with comets and meteorites, now imagine a brown dwarf (4 times bigger than jupiter) , this means 4 times the size of his magnetic influence! 4 times bigger than jupiters one! so if this object theoretically speaking should do what people believe in niburu our solar system would be trash long ago , earth would not be here and if it was by luck in here it would be just a molten rock in space no life on it (with that 3600 year cycle) and now way it could develop life on it ...

So again the niburu theory just dont make sense, for this to happen it should be an object much more smaller than a brown dwarf, like i said we should be more worried about a comet or a meteorite that are harder to detect than a brown dwarf.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I found some information which corroborates what I was saying about Father Malachi MArtin.

Martin was also a member of the Vatican advisory council and was privileged to secretive information pertaining to Vatican and other world issues, e.g. the Third Secret of Fatima.

www.biographicon.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexDJ

Again, part of the research states that there could be an Earth size planet around 70AU, which is outside the Oort cloud, and again, why do you think that a dead star somewhere in the Oort cloud must have only a round orbit and stay within the confines of the Oort cloud?

You might not want to believe it, but between the evidence and what people like Father Malachi Martin have warned us, I rather give more credence to someone I am sure was in the know about things most of us, or all of us in the website know nothing about.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
And also, appart from giving out information that was secret he also did things like these, which imo put the nails in his coffin.

At the time of his death, Martin was working on a book called Primacy: How the Institutional Roman Catholic Church became a Creature of the New World Order.

www.biographicon.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thanks for the link to the java app.. Total ATS noob here..but.

By the calculations, the only time we should really expect to feel anything..
I do mean anything from this thing.. IF IN FACT IT EXISTS, I'm not sold on it either..

Is by Oct 17th this year.. then its gone.. leaving... bye bye...
But on that date, its pretty friggin close.. push the ff to the date and watch its path.. kewl ;p

There are no alignment bogus anythings that I would place any merit on..
The only reason some galactic alignment is going to presume to be of some worthwhile mention, is IF
the magnetic field on Earth does take a major dip and the protection drops... allowing particles, rays whatever, which would normaly be filtered to come through.

Also.. there's some field about the Sun which supposedly does the same and protects its children...(us)
Just how far that field oringinally extended? beats me, I say "Prove it".
But some are saying that it has already dropped.. I can neither claim or deny based on whats presented.

Mind you I'm getting most of this from the same places you are...
But, but if thats a double whammy scenario then, sure.. we're in for good time in the old town that night...

This much I do know, the Earth is changing, friggin get over it and stop trying to find a cause, it does this all the time with differing degrees..it has been changing since its birth, but its gonna happen.. so? so what?

This time YOU get to witness it first hand. tada... where's my cupi-doll?
As for the Annunaki? (sigh.....) don't deny things you know nuthing about...
when you've experienced things that shouldn't be there, but yet there they are.. then talk to real ATS members

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

Define large telescope?

And looking for what?

A 12" Dob is perfectly acceptable to use in the daytime for astronomy. The more light they can gather the better.
edit on 30-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by AlexDJ

Again, part of the research states that there could be an Earth size planet around 70AU, which is outside the Oort cloud, and again, why do you think that a dead star somewhere in the Oort cloud must have only a round orbit and stay within the confines of the Oort cloud?

You might not want to believe it, but between the evidence and what people like Father Malachi Martin have warned us, I rather give more credence to someone I am sure was in the know about things most of us, or all of us in the website know nothing about.

I am sorry but like i said in the people who believe in niburu stuff it clearly says that this object that everybody says its a brown dwarf enters our solar system, pass tru it and returns again. A brown dwarf in cosmic terms is small but in solar system terms its quiet big, at least 3 or 4 times the size of jupiter, (have you been reading what i have been posting??) and like i said if this object enter our solar system it would created great magnetic disturbances in all the planets in the solar system just by his size even far away (4 times the reaching size of jupiter magentic influence) . If you are explaining to me that a brown dwarf could be outside the Oort cloud but never enter it or our solar system and still be undetected i would say its possible, if you say to me that this objects actually enter our solar system and in niburus terms every 3600 years cycle i would say to you no, if that the case our solar system would be very different that it is today, if you are telling me that there could be ibjects the size of our planet or bigger outside the Oort Cloud and been undetected again its possible.

So what are you trying to explain here¡?¡?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by e121fx

On 17 October Elenin will be crossing Earth's orbit 0.232 AU ahead of us. That's almost 1/4 of the distance from here to the sun. To get some perspective on that, it takes light 8 minutes and 20 seconds to get here from the sun. Elenin will be nearly two light minutes away from us at that point (1 minute 56 seconds for the light from it to get here, traveling at 186,282 miles per second). That puts it crossing our orbit 21.6 million miles away.

On 5 November (19 days after the crossing) we will have covered that 21.6 mile distance and enter the debris field, if there is one. It might make for a pretty meteor shower, but by then Elenin will be 2/3 of the way from here to Mars, heading back out into the black.

The potential debris field brings up another point in that video which I failed to address in my last post about it. "Mike" says that Elenin will leave a debris trail we will pass through. Those debris trails are properties of comets, not stars, "dwarf stars", or "brown dwarves". He can't have it both ways - brown dwarves simply don't shed debris the way comets do, so it has to be one or the other - not both.

All of our current meteor showers happen when we pass through the debris trail left by one comet or another.

The "galactic alignment" is another topic altogether. I'm not convinced of it, because we are currently 50 light years or so above the galactic plane, which would seem to preclude any sort of true "alignment", and the sun (from the point of view of the Earth) passes through Sagittarius once a year, every year, already.

I think the "field" you are referring to that the sun uses to fend off external influences is the heliopause - the point at which the solar winds going outward from the sun are balanced against the pressure of external particles trying to come inward. Inside the heliopause, the solar winds are strong enough to blow them back outward again.

Concerning the "Annunaki", I can't get behind that concept at all until someone can show me a mechanism whereby they could survive on the postulated "Nibiru", in a highly elliptical 3600 year orbit, for the couple thousand years each orbit that would be spent in the cold reaches of the solar system - away from the heat of the sun that allows things to live to begin with. How would life have even originated on such a body that only had a few years at best out of every 3600 years to develop?

edit on 2011/3/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
reply to post by bigrex

Define large telescope?

And looking for what?

A 12" Dob is perfectly acceptable to use in the daytime for astronomy. The more light they can gather the better.

Here's what I call a "large telescope":

Three College Observatory

That's the telescope for the university I attended. In the photo on the right, of the 'scope itself, the guy standing on the left (the taller one) is Dr. Steve Danford, my advisor while I was in attendance there. It's got a 30" mirror, does a heck of a job as a "light bucket"!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

That sir, is impressive

That would have no trouble at all detecting something inside our solar system nightime or daytime.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexDJ
So what are you trying to explain here¡?¡?

The question is actually what are people like you trying to do? You don't present any sort of evidence but claim "it is impossible" anyway, despite the evidence being presented.

It was people like you who a few years ago, and even recently were saying "it is impossible for a dead/failed star to be in our Solar System, and we know every planet that exists in the Solar system, "otherwise we would see it by now". But instead the evidence and what many scientists are saying has discredited the people who claimed for a long time "it is impossible".

As i said, I do not have all the answers, but the evidence points to at least a dead star, and a large planet, possibly Earth size existing. The planet could be within 70AU, the dead star could be anywhere in the Oort cloud, and the Oort cloud is big, but it's orbit could very well make it come close enough to cause devastation, and the planet orbiting it would come even closer.

As for you saying every planet should be affected?... THEY HAVE BEEN AFFECTED, and are still affected. But people like you kept claiming, "they are not related" when every planet, and moon with an atmosphere in the Solar System has been undergoing dramatic Climate Change, and in the form of warming as Earth has been undergoing. Even Pluto, which since 1989 was orbiting away from the Sun was getting warmer the farther away from the Sun it got.

Here is a thread I posted in 2006 about this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

That sir, is impressive

That would have no trouble at all detecting something inside our solar system nightime or daytime.

you kinda admitting smaller one does...and this thread addressed smaller type of scopes...dont get angry now

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join