It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try to get this fact clear - Amateur Astronomers Spotting NIBIRU

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
many of you are frikkin arrogant..

i participate in some computers forums where they still ask how to start a PC in Safe Mode...i just reply in a friendly manner..

i guess some of the approach is sign that in fact they just google the information on the fly playing the expert role..when in reality they have to thank mamma she paid them the internet bill for the month

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If giving you the answers you seek is now trolling then so be it.

I suggest you look at your responses before accusing others.
And wait... is that a threat? Thinly veiled true but a threat none the less.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by nenothtu

i was waiting something with your experience in the subject..

is there a place where it will be difficult to locate an object either by day or night?

Not really a place, except in exactly the Earths orbit and exactly on the opposite side of the sun. In an orbit like that, we'd never have anything at all to worry about, because it could never "catch" the Earth - it would have exactly the same orbit, but 180 degrees away. Any other orbit would make it visible at some other time. Orbits outside the Earth's would be visible at some point during the night, and orbits far enough in that they would never be seen at night would be seen transiting the solar disc during daylight observations of the sun (searching for sunspots and the like), and could not cross the Earth's orbit either inward or outward without being seen at night.

Orbits like the one claimed for Nibiru are the same kind of orbits that comets have - highly elliptical, and coming from the outer solar system inward, looping around the sun, and going back outward again. We see comets at night on both the inward and outward legs of their journey.

The problem with a body the size of Nibiru following an orbit like that is that it would wreak havoc on the planets of the inner solar system as it passed by, and they would have all been flung out long ago. If Nibiru existed, we would not. The Earth would have been long gone. Remember, the solar system is around 4,6 billion years old. Divided by the postulated 3600 year elliptical orbit, that equates to a whole lot of orbital passes in which to have dislodged all the planets in the inner solar system. It only takes one pass.

That's why planets can't orbit binary stars unless they are very, very close together or very, very far apart. In the first case, it's possible for planets to orbit BOTH stars at a certain distance - any closer and the planetary orbits become unstable. In the second case, each star could have it's own solar system, but then the outer orbits are what would be unstable, being affected by the other star.

Edit to add: with a 3600 year orbit, Nibiru would have completed 1,278,000 (+/-, roughly) orbits in the 4.6 billion year history of the solar system. Any ONE of those could have made us not be here, if it were there.

edit on 2011/3/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

this is when a true expert replies in a friendly manner..

this is nenothu's field..i guess mine is not his...and he might need me someday or someone from my field...but rude people are those who got no field at all

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

it depends how you translate my english..not being a primary language sometimes you can get misunderstood

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Yeah, in America we say that "forewarned is fore-armed".

I think something is afoot, based on the seemingly accelerated destruction events, but I'm certain it's not Nibiru. What I worry more about is what might sneak up on us while everyone is trying to find a massive body hiding, which I don't believe is dangerous to us if it's even there at all, and NOT concentrating on what really MAY be a danger.

Something seems to be producing stronger events on an accelerated schedule lately, and if it's not "Nibiru", then what might it be? That question is important because if the cause is something else entirely, then the remedy may not be where we're looking, either.

What if all the Nibiru hype is just a distraction to keep us from preparing for what's REALLY coming, if anything is at all? It could be that recent events are just part of a natural cycle, and will calm down soon, or it could be that they're not "natural", and if that's the case, finding the cause is closer to the cure, and at the very least gives you a better idea of what to prepare your family for, and how.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

can solar cycle 24 hit the top of your priorities???

tell you the truth..i never even bothered about nibiru until i saw the Elenin's Alignment Japan EQ which left me

till than i was always worried about next solar cycle how it can effect our technology ..after i read about the breach in the magnetosphere and that the Sun was the quieter since 100 yrs i knew we were upto for a hot ride..

in fact the Sun is showing signs of awakening already shooting to X-Flares this year one of which on the 9th of march with date of arrival 11th (japan eq)

i also posted this vid on YT

i'm currently making feb 2011

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

seriously...

im very interested to see what are your views about whats happening..pls go ahead
..im all eyes

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
many of you are frikkin arrogant..

i participate in some computers forums where they still ask how to start a PC in Safe Mode...i just reply in a friendly manner..

i guess some of the approach is sign that in fact they just google the information on the fly playing the expert role..when in reality they have to thank mamma she paid them the internet bill for the month

I am curious, if after you answered the question about how to start the PC in safe mode, the question asker started berating you and calling you a troll and acting like a spaz what would be your reaction to that behavior? If they were trying to tell you that the only way to restart their computer was to put it in the bathtub with an old tire would you take them seriously since you obviously know that is incorrect? What about when the started repeating over and over in caps that "the computer will only restart in a bathtub with an old tire" what would you do then?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

nibiru is quiet a hotter subject than safe mode isnt it

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Might be a hot subject for you but honestly I don't pay it much attention. I only came to this thread because I saw it on the home page. I think Nibiru is ridiculous and have yet to see anything other then speculation and fantasy in favor of it. I am open to read just about anything though because I come here to be entertained. What can I say, I listened to what you were proposing I just didn't think it had any merit.

I think you missed my point. I was trying to put all of this in perspective for you, either you totally missed it or you just don't want to admit you have acted like a fool. Either way I am cool with it, its not like I am going to think about this ever again. You just gotta be careful if you are going to communicate this way on a public forum people are going to call you on it.

Good luck with your quest duder.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Happy to see that there still is respectfull and knowing people around, answering those questions from people (like me) who doesn't exactly know so much regarding astronomy.
Thankyou.
If I may ask a question, I would love to hear your take on Elenin, if it is a comet then how come it's so hard to spot?
There has been a synchronicity between alignment Sun, Elenin and Earth and some really heavy earthquakes, three times actually, if that's not a very unlikely coincidence then what is it?
I know you can't give any real answers on these, but would respectfully like to know your opinion, considering you insightful.
Best wishes

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Quake activity is not increasing. It has been the same for about as long as records have been kept, especially stronger quakes for which there are better records. It's the news that makes it seem otherwise.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Quake activity is not increasing. It has been the same for about as long as records have been kept, especially stronger quakes for which there are better records. It's the news that makes it seem otherwise.

Would you have a link to a graph showing earthquake activity through time :-)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm not familiar with Solar Cycle 24 or very much about Elenin, either, but of the two I'd have to say the solar option wins top spot for potential to affect Earth. Elenin just doesn't have enough mass to cause Earthquakes even on a close flyby, unless it were to actually hit.

Solar flares could potentially be catastrophic to technology, especially with the magnetosphere acting up, but preparation for that would likely be far different than preparation for Earth shattering (literally!) events brought on by close proximity to any passing celestial bodies. It becomes a choice of whether to prepare for tsunamis, earthquakes and rampant vulcanism, or prepare for life in the same environment as we have now, but without electricity, water (for urbanites) etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

nibiru is quiet a hotter subject than safe mode isnt it

Starting a computer in safe mode is possible. Nibiru is impossible. That's a major difference.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by laffoe
Happy to see that there still is respectfull and knowing people around, answering those questions from people (like me) who doesn't exactly know so much regarding astronomy.
Thankyou.
If I may ask a question, I would love to hear your take on Elenin, if it is a comet then how come it's so hard to spot?
There has been a synchronicity between alignment Sun, Elenin and Earth and some really heavy earthquakes, three times actually, if that's not a very unlikely coincidence then what is it?
I know you can't give any real answers on these, but would respectfully like to know your opinion, considering you insightful.
Best wishes

I reckon I'll have to go study up on Elenin, and then see what I think. To be honest, I've not paid it much attention, since I've not heard anyone say that it's going to give a spectacular show. I recall seeing Hyukatake with a tail running for nearly 90 degrees across the sky, and that's hard to beat as comets go.

I'll go research it and find out where it's supposed to be, how big it's supposed to be, and what it's orbit is supposed to be - then I'll be able to formulate some sort of opinion. Just off the cuff, and without knowing any more about it, I'd guess that it's either too small or too far away still to be sen with the eye, but I don't know that for fact - it's just a guess.

I'll dig around and see what I can find, and get back to you, but it will probably be later this evening. Since I worked all night last night, I probably ought to get a little beauty sleep before I get ugly(er).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Neither frequency nor magnitude? I'll have to defer to you on that, since it's not something I follow regularly. I guess I may only hear about the big ones. I only recall hearing about two when I was a kid, and no tsunamis at all - they were just a word used to frighten children, rather than wash them out to sea, and seemed not to be nearly as prevalent then as the seem to be now, but it could very well be a case of selective memory, or increased news coverage over time.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Go to Wiki and look up the origins of Nibiru.

Nibiru Collision

The idea of the Nibiru encounter originated with Nancy Lieder, a Wisconsin woman who claims that as a girl she was contacted by gray extraterrestrials called Zetas, who implanted a communications device in her brain.

She stated, speaking as the Zetas, that "The Hale-Bopp comet does not exist.

After Hale-Bopp's perihelion revealed it as one of the brightest and longest-observed comets of the last century, Lieder removed the first two sentences of her initial statement from her site, though they can still be found in Google's archives.

Lieder described Planet X as roughly four times the size of the Earth, and said that its perigee would occur on May 27, 2003, resulting in the Earth's rotation ceasing for exactly 5.9 terrestrial days.

Lieder's Planet X idea first spread beyond her website in 2001, when Mark Hazlewood, a former member of the ZetaTalk community, took her ideas and published them in a book: Blindsided: Planet X Passes in 2003.

After the 2003 date passed without incident, Lieder said that it was merely a "White Lie ... to fool the establishment,”

My advise is to turn off your computer for 30 days.

When you come back there will be new photos of lens flares only the owner saw.
No astronomer will have seen anything.

Here’s a link for you.
Secret X-37B Space Plane Spotted Again by Amateur Skywatchers

They spot everything. Including anything in our solar system.
Get over this 2012 and Nibiru thing.
edit on 29-3-2011 by samkent because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
this is one of the intriguing elenin's video..pls comment bout it when you are back handsomely awake

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Thankyou very much, looking forward to it

Better get you beauty sleep, we didn't want you to get all ugly.
Take care

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join