It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try to get this fact clear - Amateur Astronomers Spotting NIBIRU

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
this is one of the intriguing elenin's video..pls comment bout it when you are back handsomely awake

What's there to talk about other than some clown rambling about alignments for 10 minutes?

Must I really cite examples like Halley, McNaught and Hale-Bopp to make it abundantly clear that this comet won't do # to us?

Oh, and Lexell, too, which passed a mere six lunar distances from us back in 1770. Yet, well, we're still here.

Need I also say that, were it a brown dwarf, it would be very visible, seeing as it would be a second Jupiter, and that it would be tearing planets out of their orbits?

Elenin recently passed Jupiter. It's still where it always is in the sky.
edit on 29-3-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Go to Wiki and look up the origins of Nibiru.

Nibiru Collision

The idea of the Nibiru encounter originated with Nancy Lieder, a Wisconsin woman who claims that as a girl she was contacted by gray extraterrestrials called Zetas, who implanted a communications device in her brain.

She stated, speaking as the Zetas, that "The Hale-Bopp comet does not exist.

After Hale-Bopp's perihelion revealed it as one of the brightest and longest-observed comets of the last century, Lieder removed the first two sentences of her initial statement from her site, though they can still be found in Google's archives.

Lieder described Planet X as roughly four times the size of the Earth, and said that its perigee would occur on May 27, 2003, resulting in the Earth's rotation ceasing for exactly 5.9 terrestrial days.

Lieder's Planet X idea first spread beyond her website in 2001, when Mark Hazlewood, a former member of the ZetaTalk community, took her ideas and published them in a book: Blindsided: Planet X Passes in 2003.

After the 2003 date passed without incident, Lieder said that it was merely a "White Lie ... to fool the establishment,”

My advise is to turn off your computer for 30 days.

When you come back there will be new photos of lens flares only the owner saw.
No astronomer will have seen anything.

Here’s a link for you.
Secret X-37B Space Plane Spotted Again by Amateur Skywatchers

They spot everything. Including anything in our solar system.
Get over this 2012 and Nibiru thing.
edit on 29-3-2011 by samkent because: Spelling

very good link..now my believe in nibiru is only 5%

of nibiru having collision with earth by 2012 is -100%

i guess i was a bit shocked with the NZ, Japan and Myanmar EQ's

also with the Yellowstone Threads etc

still i learned a lot regarding astronomy with the aid of this thread which i'm happy about it...i'm sure that once i get a good telescope i will do my best to become more conscious about the subject

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Go to Wiki and look up the origins of Nibiru.

Nibiru Collision

The idea of the Nibiru encounter originated with Nancy Lieder, a Wisconsin woman who claims that as a girl she was contacted by gray extraterrestrials called Zetas, who implanted a communications device in her brain.

She stated, speaking as the Zetas, that "The Hale-Bopp comet does not exist.

After Hale-Bopp's perihelion revealed it as one of the brightest and longest-observed comets of the last century, Lieder removed the first two sentences of her initial statement from her site, though they can still be found in Google's archives.

Lieder described Planet X as roughly four times the size of the Earth, and said that its perigee would occur on May 27, 2003, resulting in the Earth's rotation ceasing for exactly 5.9 terrestrial days.

Lieder's Planet X idea first spread beyond her website in 2001, when Mark Hazlewood, a former member of the ZetaTalk community, took her ideas and published them in a book: Blindsided: Planet X Passes in 2003.

After the 2003 date passed without incident, Lieder said that it was merely a "White Lie ... to fool the establishment,”

My advise is to turn off your computer for 30 days.

When you come back there will be new photos of lens flares only the owner saw.
No astronomer will have seen anything.

Here’s a link for you.
Secret X-37B Space Plane Spotted Again by Amateur Skywatchers

They spot everything. Including anything in our solar system.
Get over this 2012 and Nibiru thing.
edit on 29-3-2011 by samkent because: Spelling

very good link..now my believe in nibiru is only 5%

of nibiru having collision with earth by 2012 is -100%

i guess i was a bit shocked with the NZ, Japan and Myanmar EQ's

also with the Yellowstone Threads etc

still i learned a lot regarding astronomy with the aid of this thread which i'm happy about it...i'm sure that once i get a good telescope i will do my best to become more conscious about the subject

EDIT: Minus 100, apparently. Sorry.

Though I'm not sure if you're being sincere or sarcastic.

And, uh, New Zealand, Japan and Myanmar have had similar quakes in the past.

neic.usgs.gov...

www.geonet.org.nz...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

As a small handful of examples.

Learning where Japan is situated does wonders, too.

edit on 29-3-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I know the thread's almost dead and stuff, but there's one thing I had to constantly think about when flipping through the pages.

Did anyone consider the fact that Nasa's Heliospheric Observatory has a camera on each side of the sun, creating a 3-dimensional image of it in near real time ?

I'm looking at the pictures often, you can even download some Java based toll to view the sun in 3D .. and the thing is .. you see all the planets orbiting around it ... I couldn't spot Nibiru so far !

I know .. "they airbrush those out before they sell them to the public" ...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

if it is a comet then how come it's so hard to spot?

It's small and still far out from the sun. Most comets are dim. They go by without much fuss. Only the ones that are or might be bright enough for the general public to enjoy without special equipment are the ones that get the publicity. If the comet puts on a good show it will be well publicized.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

you know..Japan having over 700+ aftershocks is quiet scary

and i forgot to mention Chile and Arkansas...Arkansas was bombarded

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

i dont think elenin is hard to spot

i think i read somewhere that its hard to determine the size of its nucleus since its surrounded by a cloud of dust

but it is quiet close at least to be spotted

in fact there are pictures coming in from march 23??

edit on 29-3-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

also these events did impress me..not being my field you know..lemme give you an example..

if someone turns to me like OH MY GOD!!

My Wallpaper Changed!!
I have Icons flickering next to the clock bottom right!!
I have windows popping up all the time!!1
Oh xit my PC is doomed!!!1

all those signs i can get rid if them in 5mins..but they impress some noob on PC

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

A dedicated solar scope allows excellent views of the sun and although I can't say 100% as I've never had the pleasure of using one, I believe if there was something in front or around the star, you would see it. Have a look for solar imaging online.

Also, has anyone seen some videos on YouTube regarding very large objects supposedly hiding at the sun? The objects were said to be earth sized. Not sure if this could linked.

In all honesty, I am skeptical on this subject but open to anything so I keep an eye on the many threads about it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Great article you linked to heineken. It says that it is not easy, but even an inexperienced person with no practice can do this.

Finding Venus in the daytime isn’t all that easy, and can be frustrating. If you can’t find it, don’t sweat it. But if you do, I think you’ll be amazed. I still remember the first time I did, when I was about 15.

Even kids can do it. I bet. I bet even you could do it heineken. Now get out there and actually do some research for a change.

It IS easy if you care to gain a modicum of familiarity with the sky and learn a tiny bit of astronomy.

I do this pretty regularly and even show other would-be skeptics that it is possible. They are amazed.

There are certain satellites that can be seen in daylight if you know where and when to look. Google "Iridium flares" heineken, to see for yourself.

jw

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Great article you linked to heineken. It says that it is not easy, but even an inexperienced person with no practice can do this.

Finding Venus in the daytime isn’t all that easy, and can be frustrating. If you can’t find it, don’t sweat it. But if you do, I think you’ll be amazed. I still remember the first time I did, when I was about 15.

Even kids can do it. I bet. I bet even you could do it heineken. Now get out there and actually do some research for a change.

It IS easy if you care to gain a modicum of familiarity with the sky and learn a tiny bit of astronomy.

I do this pretty regularly and even show other would-be skeptics that it is possible. They are amazed.

There are certain satellites that can be seen in daylight if you know where and when to look. Google "Iridium flares" heineken, to see for yourself.

jw

can you elaborate further reagrding the Iridium Flares...i couldnt grasp the link to this thread

i think you will enjoy this btw..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I posted several excerpts and links which clearly say there is enough evidence to support both another planet at least Earth size possibly existing within 70AU, and gas giants, as well as rocky planets within the Oort Cloud, which is in our Solar System.

That is NOT what they say. Maybe a grownup can explain them to you.

The mere fact that someone can model a hypothetical object, does not equate to "support" for such a conclusion. Don't you think that if their model fit anyone's observations (which of course could be repeated and confirmed), they would have announced their new "discovery?"

There is nothing in any of you cut & paste selections that "supports" a gas giant in the Oort cloud.

Now that your reference to supercool subdwarfs has been refuted, you grasp at different straws.

jw

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Sometimes though, Venus will be visible very bright around dawn, and can be seen through a scope.
Sometimes too, you'll see our moon bright and lit in the daytime sky, and you can view that too during the day.
Ideally a filter of some type will be used, as the image will be bright a bit washed out, but you can still see celestial objects during the daytime hours, *provided* they are bright enough.
If the 'mystery' object is right next to the sun, unless it is very bright, i doubt it would be seen unless by something as sophisticated as SOHO. Someone with an amateur scope would probably not see as it would be swamped with sunlight, even if you covered the suns disk and used a filter, i would be surprised if it could be seen.

Think about what you've posted here.

If "Nibiru" was approaching the Sun, it would be outside the orbits of Earth, Venus and Mercury according to 99% of its believers. In fact I am unaware of any "Nibiru" advocate who claims its orbit passes inside the orbits of the inner planets.

Since you can observe Venus and Mercury before sunrise and after sunset, "Nibiru" would be visible as well!

It doesn't matter that "it can't be seen in daylight;" if it is orbiting the sun it will rise before it at times and set after it at times.

You have demonstrated why there is no "Nibiru" to be seen "near" the Sun.

Good work.

jw

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

i still dont think that amateur astronomers can locate an unknown far faint object during daytime

Even in your most cogent statement on the topic, all you have is a misguided opinion and sincere faith in a myth.

I've asked "Nibiru" advocates on different threads to post the celestial or terrestrial coordinates for
Nibiru." No one has. I've posted them for Jupiter, Venus, etc. from my location.

Why don't you post the coordinates of the object that you contend some see and some photograph, but is invisible to astronomers?

jw

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I would like the help of ATS here..

First I dont own a telescope and looked through one only twice in my life...so sad :/ , i hope i will change that in the future by getting a good one

Many Nibiru Threads are being down played by the fact that Amateur Astronomers should have spotted it already if it was real ...
Video Link. Click on the video watch in full screen mode and tell me if you see the dwarf star in the center of the orbiting satellites.

OP and not shills/trolls ... /

edit on 29-3-2011 by PlanetXGuy because: add OP...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The coma shouldn't be obscuring the nucleus at this point in time. I doubt that Elenin is easy to spot right now. It is likely to be dim enough that only larger scopes can pick it out. It was magnitude 15 a while back. I wonder what it is now?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXGuy

I would like the help of ATS here..

First I dont own a telescope and looked through one only twice in my life...so sad :/ , i hope i will change that in the future by getting a good one

Many Nibiru Threads are being down played by the fact that Amateur Astronomers should have spotted it already if it was real ...
Video Link. Click on the video watch in full screen mode and tell me if you see the dwarf star in the center of the orbiting satellites.

That looks like an entirely random patch of Leo that he just decided to take a look at.

And he's now suddenly 'using' another type of telescope, since his pithy little Meade 70 was found out to be stolen. Or rather, he never had one, because he stole a picture and claimed it was his.

Did he provide coordinates?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The coma shouldn't be obscuring the nucleus at this point in time. I doubt that Elenin is easy to spot right now. It is likely to be dim enough that only larger scopes can pick it out. It was magnitude 15 a while back. I wonder what it is now?

so they know the actual size right? ..because the coma was the only thing holding them from estimating the size right

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join