It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Soldier who Gets It!!!!!!!! There is Hope!!!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
fortunately, I woke up before 9/11, in 00 when I was in Saudi Arabia, Seeing jets take off North towards Iraq at dawn with ordinance, and come back empty. We were enforcing a no fly zone. Any way. It's all B.S. Unfortunately I didn't get out until 03.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I hate to post a comment because this issue is so controversial in nature.
Back in 2002-2005 when there was a Presidential election to rid the country of Bush, all
the people in Kentucky... Voted for him. These are the people who were soliders voting proxy, and the families of the soliders. I voted for AL Gore, and then later stood in line to vote for Obama for ...hours.... I was thinking
he had good campaign promises of ending the war, and bringing good possibilities, and change. I pray he will be a one term President. As my Congressman/ Senator pointed out... "He lied."

All we can do is promote an Independent cadidate that will support the people and their issues of importance. Remember Ross Perot? He would have been a fine Presidnet. We need some honest, rational, smart President to straighten out our country. The financial problems need fixed ASAP. Free clean energy needs to happen now, and Nafta needs to end. Jobs need to stay in America. If we keep getting into war the country is going to be bankrupt. Who are these bad business managers? There was a cover of Bloomberg Business which talked about this recently.

If I ran my houshold like the government does I would be starving, naked, and homeless. We need to have a dependable person to vote for. There are so many people depending on someone to make things right.
edit on 28-3-2011 by frugal because: Typing errors

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Did any of the ATS "debunkers" come around in the last 10 years?

Some debunker must have seen that their story doesnt hold water?

The 19 hijackers were spotted more than a year before the attacks.
The government ignored repeated warnings by the CIA
They had intimate relasion to us untill the day of the attacks.
They were trained on US bases.
They were housed by agents..
Dick Cheney commanded the defence, while Rumsfeld was MIA.
Dick Cheney issued a stand down order.
Bush Opposed 9/11 Query
Bush and Cheney refused to testify under oath.
testimony under torture.
Information based on torture can not be used in a court.
Phillip Zelikow lead the 911 comission.
The buildings fell in impossible speed.
3 buildings fell.
Explosion witnesses.
media cover-up.
U.S. law provides blanket immunity to Saudi Arabia from lawsuits over the 9/11 attacks.
Even though Saudi Arabia financed Al Quada for many years
etc etc
edit on 28-3-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This guy is a crybaby. I don't fight for honor. I fight for a paycheck inorder to support my family; and so that one day my children will be able to go to college instead of off to war. I personally don't care where in the world I'm deployed, or the political rational behind it. Though, I did enjoy Afghanistan more than Iraq. Honor comes into play when you do the job you are paid to do whether you like it or not.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Someone mentioned that it was the message not the messenger that counted.I disagree,if you can't trust the messenger then the message is no better.Ya what he is saying might be true but if it is just someones agenda and the messenger has a motive like promoting Ron Paul or bashing KBR for personal reasons then the message even gets worse.

The fact that there are people on ATS that attack someone who disagrees with them to the point of what I would call EXTREME T&C and they are not removed says more then this guy has about whats going on.We all have a right to an opinion no matter what it is even if it may be wrong,thats what the ignore button is for.When ridacul,extreme insults and out and out hate are allowed to pass as "deny ignorance" and the whole post is allowed to be derailed with hate towards someones opinion then we have all lost and ATS just becomes another hate filled web site.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Battleline because: Was not done!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
S&F...timely post.

This is the uncomfortabe fact regarding what some of us are supporting under the guise of patriotism. Patriot of what? A true patriot examines what is going on and opposes fraudulent uses of the term, and those who would use the word for their own promotion.

I'm thinking of John McCain. This is a man who has parlayed a stint in a Viet Cong prision to get his way for thirty+ years to promote war and the death of thousands of innocent young men. John McCain has innocent blood all over his hands. He is a fraud and a dispicable warmonger. He is a corporate whore.

John McCain has never seen a war he could not support. Yet everyone feels obligated to "honor this great hero, who gave so much for America." Bull! A lot of soldiers were captive in Viet Nam. Some died there. Most came back and got honest jobs and expected little in return. John McCain is a media whore who has used the media at every turn to glorify and enrich hisself.

I hope other soldiers have the courage to continue to speak out about the truth of using the wars to feed corporate greed.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

So you are so brainwashed that you put forth an argument for non-military civilians to make an order of magnitude more money than you and your fellow soliders, while taking no personal combat risk? AND you give them the benefit of the doubt that they are doing their jobs simply because they have "earned degrees" and are working to "restore" and "rebuild" "because of the mess war makes"?? You are ignorant or in disagreement with the reality of the current state of the United States military-industrial complex.

They are doing their jobs. They are most certainly at risk, as is any American that servers there in any capacity. I've had people come back from jobs having been mugged by locals with machettes - another had the window of his jeep shot out as he was driving in a convey. You are nuts if you think they are safe. They are less safe - they have no weapons.

And yes, their "more pay" is completely justified. Any of those soldiers could instead get a degree, and earn that sort of job. They chose the military path. Other choose different vocations. Our folks who volunteer for work there work on average, from 80 to 100 hours a week, are away from their families as well, and are rebuilding stuff we did not destroy, but rather the locals and the departing Iraq armies did. They are employees of construction and remediation companies. The guy in the video and people like you act as if they are evil for doing their jobs. Get some perspective.. this is real life, not some conpiracy fantasy game.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663

This guy is a crybaby. I don't fight for honor. I fight for a paycheck inorder to support my family; and so that one day my children will be able to go to college instead of off to war. I personally don't care where in the world I'm deployed, or the political rational behind it. Though, I did enjoy Afghanistan more than Iraq. Honor comes into play when you do the job you are paid to do whether you like it or not.

The Man must love you! I've heard they have lowered their standards for acceptance into the army. Can't get enough new and intelligent recruits but it turns out the gangster types, the ones with a few tatoos and maybe a record and hopefully played a lot of xbox(and now love to shoot and know every high power gun) will do as their told better and not question the reasons for their orders, so it's all good.

It's not crying. It's witnessing the truth and having the cajones to speak to the world about it. This guy is very brave, very brave indeed.
edit on 28-3-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks OP. very good stuff. FB'd, tweeted, S&F for you. very powerful.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

The Man must love you! I've heard they have lowered their standards for acceptance into the army. Can't get enough new and intelligent recruits but it turns out the gangster types, the ones with a few tatoos and maybe a record and hopefully played a lot of xbox(and now love to shoot and know every high power gun) will do as their told better and not question the reasons for their orders, so it's all good.

It's not crying. It's witnessing the truth and having the cajones to speak to the world about it. This guy is very brave, very brave indeed.
edit on 28-3-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

If I may interject...

Rastus3663 is just the type of killer for hire that the NWO would turn loose on American citizens during martial law to confiscate guns and whip the citizens into subserviant slaves. He appears to have no values beyond his own greedy desires. He is to be pittied.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Too many of you equate "honor" with "agreement" to your beliefs.

Honor is not agreement to a specific political agenda or a doctrinal system. Honor, like integrity, can't be measured by a youTube video.

Just like we forum cowboys, bitching on youtube is about as useful as boycotting double cheese burgers.

If it really matters, if really was important, his time, money, and engergy would be in it.

Not just a voice...

And nice hat - deceptive imagery anyone?

"Need to get this message out!"...

To whom? If he "gets it", and this is the best he can do with "it"... why bother?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Whatever dude. Your post was hard to understand, but I think you were knocking the guy in the video.

Way to try to derail a great message, but it won't work.

By the way, what have you done lately to stand up for your nation?

I don't care if this was an actor and was all staged. It is still the truth, and needs to be heard and thought about and reacted to.

I've shared it on my FB and although, most of my friends there would never think to get political on FB, and sometimes ignore my posting or laugh at them, I continue to post stuff like this.

People have to start participating in our country's policies and politics!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Man, I knew there had to be a US soldier somewhere that felt like this. Give this guy a raise.

Spot on. Thanks for sharing this.
We have the freedom to say and post stuff like this, but it saddens me that the war machine is just too big for words to take down.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You sound like the stereotype of a brainwashed killing machine. Very sad!

So how large a check you need to kill civilians, or US citizens? Let's bring it up a notch: how much to kill your own family? After all it's all about that paycheck for you. Is it not ... So I'm asking you what it that number on the check?

Honor means that your actions are morally justified. If a soldier doesn't understand that we are in deep sh@t.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Do you know the background of the guy in the video? IF you don't, you should shut up ...

edit on 28-3-2011 by AllIsOne because: clarity

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
The man. If you can call him that I suspect is a fraud. I HIGHLY doubt he is or ever was a US Soldier. He's certainly not in Iraq and he's wearing no dog tags obviously. Even If he WAS a soldier. He would be an utter disgrace to the uniform he is wearing. Your thinking he has a right to speak his mind. If he was a US soldier he would have a contract he signed giving up his rights to being involved in politics (IE making such a video) and almost all his other rights he had as a civilian. The day our military starts having political debates is the end of our military and the end of your freedoms. Oh and another point. There is no draft. He volunteered. That man doesn't even know what honor is. Because he has none. I personally have had friends lose their life. That man is peeing on everyone of our casualties. Most soldiers that served there actually believe they gave the Iraqi's the freedoms that they have today.

You really should shut the # up, you are still programmed. Don't be angry at that soldier (yeah I can tell he's a soldier by looking at him) because he is waking up and actually beginning to think.

Yeah, that's what the military does, it wipes out a individuals harddrive (brain) so they can't think for themselves. Unfortunately, we have many people who like operating in this manner. These type will have no problem firing upon even American citizens that have gathered for a peaceful protest. The only thing necessary would be a order from their superiors.

Anyone else, ask this guy would he fire upon American citizens if ordered to do so!

All this yada, yada about volunteering...hell we volunteered to protect our country, NOT invade other countries in the name of resources.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If ordered to do so, would you fire on American citizens? That is the simple question I have for you.

*If this person answers yes, well folks we see what we are dealing with*

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

they use "patriotism" and "honor" the same way prodemocratic globalist use
"freedom" and "transaprency" to # pisspoor countries out of their natural
resources? fake liberals (globalists) are truly a piece of work...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
They are doing their jobs. They are most certainly at risk, as is any American that servers there in any capacity. I've had people come back from jobs having been mugged by locals with machettes - another had the window of his jeep shot out as he was driving in a convey. You are nuts if you think they are safe. They are less safe - they have no weapons.

And yes, their "more pay" is completely justified. Any of those soldiers could instead get a degree, and earn that sort of job. They chose the military path. Other choose different vocations. Our folks who volunteer for work there work on average, from 80 to 100 hours a week, are away from their families as well, and are rebuilding stuff we did not destroy, but rather the locals and the departing Iraq armies did. They are employees of construction and remediation companies. The guy in the video and people like you act as if they are evil for doing their jobs. Get some perspective.. this is real life, not some conpiracy fantasy game.

How the # can you justify having a college degree over being shot at? A soldier, especially in the combat branch, should be the highest paid career in the world. Why, because they stand to lose the ultimate, their life.

It's preposterous that contractors are able to make more and live better than soldiers who actually have to duck bullets and then return fire. While contractors, at the first sign of trouble flee to military control.

All the reasons you list for contractors to be paid that money, the military personnel doubles them. 80 - 100 hour weeks, are you really going to compare contractor hours to soldier hours? Are you really going to say that the contractors are separated from their families?

Also, many military personnel have degrees! They chose to join the military with those degrees, to pay off loans of course, but also to serve their country. To serve their country for honorable reasons, not missions of invasion and murder.

As a ex-soldier, I contemplate going to work for a civilian contractor, you know why? Because it's well known how well I would get paid and the minimum risk compared to when I was a soldier. Those contractors are there for money. Any way, the guy isn't as much referring to the low level contractors doing the work, moreso the CEO's of these contract companies who are thrilled that there is a war going on so they can cash in.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Any evidence (beyond the hat), that this guy is actually in the military?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join