It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Soldier who Gets It!!!!!!!! There is Hope!!!!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This video brought tears to my eyes! Fact is....i can put myself in those innocent people shoes and acknowledge how I would feel!

You know a year or two ago the department of homeland security had stated that OUR Veterans were a threat to homeland security. When they released that statement my first thought was...."Yeah, because they are the only ones that can stop the madness that these geedy money hungry politicians forced their hands into!"

Like most others i didn't realize the truth, until the met the love of my life and he told me his look at the war, his feelings on the war, and watch him struggle everyday with what his hand was forced to do to innocent people!

God Bless you all! I believe that change starts with the American Men and Woman who are serving and whom have served with The American People right by their side!!! Not enough people are hearing your voices...and i am sorry you been ignored!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

You miss the point.

Forget whether his t-shirt or cap is issue correct. Forget even about if he is real military. Is he right? Does our military deserve support in all these pointless wars? Ya know how much it cost BigGov to stamp out a medal? A buck and a half. These stupid sokdiers will risk life and limb to get a silly medal.

Our distinguished Henry Kissinger once said it best, "Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy". (The quote is found in “Final Days,” a book by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. Kissinger has never disputed it)

That is what your government thinks of your service.

edit on 28-3-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Is that what you saw...a stoned canadian huh? He either had much to drink, or like many soldiers who saw (or did) horrific things in battle, returned home with PTSD. Those of us who had that were put on serious antidepressants, which can also have that effect. If that is the case, this guys is really struggling with something he had to endure and does not understand why.

Imagine for a second if you will being in a horrific situation. One of your leaders ask your group what you think...and everyone is speaking out and saying what is going on and what they think about it. Then you hear the news that that same leader says the exact opposite of what everyone was saying on the evening news. Would it absolutely enrage you? A lot of vietnam POWs were extremely angry at good ol Hanoi Jane for saying they were being treated humanely. Let 'em win this war....speaking as one who had to come home from a war that didn't go so well....what's he hiding? do some research and maybe you'll find out....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I have seven college degrees and am completing a masters; but you are right the quality of troops has declined, hence girly man crying on you tube. And, I'll stack my IQ against yours any day. All of my employers civilian and military have loved me because I am a professional. I do the job I'm paid to do, like it or not; and I don't cry like a little girl when the going gets tough.

If he were brave, then he'd stand up for his beliefs by deserting and go to Canada. Instead he's crying n the internet about how unfair life is; there hasn't been a draft since Vietnam, so no one forced him to join. What did he expect to do as a soldier?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Never killed anyone that wasn't trying to kill me and I resent the implication. I signed the contract to be a soldier and that's what I do.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Constitution forbids deployment in the US; but I'll gladly fire on anyone that intends to harm me.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
WOW!!....I didn't get to see all the video it keeps freezing up on me.......But all TRUE from what i did see.

I have been bothered for a long time about these privet contractors.......I have a close relative that's over there now making 200 thousand a yr working for them....Sick hah!.....And he is bored because they do not work them enough and he most likely will quit because of that!

If they can pay these contractors big money why do most of our military get poverty wages???????....This makes me SICK AND DISGUSTED to see this happening,and just shows the government is FRICKEN CORRUPT!!!!!

edited to take out usa because its our government and i think they are be separate....Most people which make up the usa are not corrupt.
edit on 28-3-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by gncnew

You miss the point.

Forget whether his t-shirt or cap is issue correct. Forget even about if he is real military. Is he right? Does our military deserve support in all these pointless wars? Ya know how much it cost BigGov to stamp out a medal? A buck and a half. These stupid sokdiers will risk life and limb to get a silly medal.

Our distinguished Henry Kissinger once said it best, "Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy". (The quote is found in “Final Days,” a book by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. Kissinger has never disputed it)

That is what your government thinks of your service.

edit on 28-3-2011 by romanmel because: typo

Even if I agree with him, does it make him less of a fraud for trying to pretend to be in the military? Even if I agree with him, does his opinion suddenly trump that of the military men and women?

If a Marine sees his or her service as an honorable action, especially if it involves serious risk to their life - does this guy's opinion suddenly trump theirs?

Who gave him the right to speak for the service members? What if they feel a sense of honor in what they do? What if they feel a sense of obligation and hence fulfillment in their service? Who is this guy to stand up and tell them they're wrong?

He's got just as much right to tell them they shouldn't like the color blue or they should be interested in growing tomatoes. His opinion - and make no mistakes, that's all it is - is no more valid than others... but here the difference is he's presuming to speak for people who actually are risking their lives for something they believe in.... while he makes youtube videos.

Somewhat stark comparison no?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Is that what you saw...a stoned canadian huh? He either had much to drink, or like many soldiers who saw (or did) horrific things in battle, returned home with PTSD. Those of us who had that were put on serious antidepressants, which can also have that effect. If that is the case, this guys is really struggling with something he had to endure and does not understand why.

Imagine for a second if you will being in a horrific situation. One of your leaders ask your group what you think...and everyone is speaking out and saying what is going on and what they think about it. Then you hear the news that that same leader says the exact opposite of what everyone was saying on the evening news. Would it absolutely enrage you? A lot of vietnam POWs were extremely angry at good ol Hanoi Jane for saying they were being treated humanely. Let 'em win this war....speaking as one who had to come home from a war that didn't go so well....what's he hiding? do some research and maybe you'll find out....

Oh holy hell... seriously man? So not only are you ready to verify he was in the military despite SEVERAL glaring holes in that theory, but now you're ready to diagnose him with PTSD for the horrific things he did?

You do realize that we're sitting here at about 1:400 odds this cat was in the military... and if he was in the military he's got about 1:50,000 odds of actually going into a combat zone. Then he's got about 1:5,000 odds of actually seeing combat action... and even then you're looking at about 1:200 odds that anyone in that combat action was killed.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
WOW!!....I didn't get to see all the video it keeps freezing up on me.......But all TRUE from what i did see.

I have been bothered for a long time about these privet contractors.......I have a close relative that's over there now making 200 thousand a yr working for them....Sick hah!.....And he is bored because they do not work them enough and he most likely will quit because of that!

If they can pay these contractors big money why do most of our military get poverty wages???????....This makes me SICK AND DISGUSTED to see this happening,and just shows the usa (little caps )does not deserve bigger is FRICKEN CORRUPT!!!!!

Our military gets poverty wages because supply and demand. When they can't get enough troops, they start offering ridiculous enlistment bonuses. My first tour in the Marines I got $15,000 to re-enlist. That's on top of the free housing, food allowance, clothing allowance, and benefits of living on base (cheap groceries, state-tax free goods at stores).

When I got out of the Marines as an E-5... I took a pay cut to get a job that required a college degree... go figure.

Don't buy the hype.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
proof he is in the military? anyone can put a camo hat on and a green shirt.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Oil has become worth more per gallon that the blood of our fellow human beings. I see a worls in serious trouble when the billionares who sit back and move us like pawns on a chess board can continue un checked. It is very refreshing to see people taking a stand.

THERE WERE NEVER ANY WMDs! This war is ILLEGAL, if I break the law I'm held accountable if you break the law you're held accountable. Why do people fear Governments when Governments should fear thier people. Why do the powers that be continue to get away with this.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

IMO there should be no one over there having to work and risk their lives for a government that put them there to fight their own battle of greed, human pride, and stupidity!

I agree and star you for that!

Same thing goes for sports. Why aren't our teachers paid and given the funds like they do? Because sports is greed and money.

One day if it's not too late my hope is this world will come to a unified conclusion that paper should not be a measurable of a person's worth and life. It should be the person itself no matter who or what they believe in.

I wish for once someone in the near future would come along that REALLY changes things for the good of every man, woman, and child.

When you have seen so many things die around you like I have, you understand that this world is ass backwards, and it lights a fire inside of you that rages against the reason money even exists.

That's what wars come down to in this day and age, they sway us all with shows and intellectual rants and debates and uses religion as a catalyst and it is sickening!

I'm glad I know what I know at 29 what some dont get until they are 75 if they ever even do.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

No, that's what Kissenger thought about Al Haig who was a former general and chief of staff under Nixon. Strange that anyone that is a proponet of freedom woud quote one Nixon appointees opinion about another.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
thank you for posting this video. everybody is waking up and it's great

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663
reply to post by SunnyDee

I have seven college degrees and am completing a masters; but you are right the quality of troops has declined, hence girly man crying on you tube. And, I'll stack my IQ against yours any day. All of my employers civilian and military have loved me because I am a professional. I do the job I'm paid to do, like it or not; and I don't cry like a little girl when the going gets tough.

If he were brave, then he'd stand up for his beliefs by deserting and go to Canada. Instead he's crying n the internet about how unfair life is; there hasn't been a draft since Vietnam, so no one forced him to join. What did he expect to do as a soldier?

Well apparently all the education in the world does not buy the humanity it takes to understand this as a brave man speaking of his epiphany that war is about profit in this day and age.

You can spew whatever you like here, it will not diminish this great message. And I don't believe for one second that you possess any of the things you mention in your post, particularly the IQ.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

I 100% agree we should not be there in the first place

I have thought for many many yrs that the way we pay is very skewed up......Police ,firefighters, people who work in convalescent homes ect ,it seems all the jobs that REALLY matter should make way more than they do,but they don't . Our priority's are just plain messed up in the good ole usa or maybe the world,i do not know how the pay is in other country's.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by trevordbs

This guy seems to know what he is saying and if hes in the military he WOULD know about the private contractors because they do live on base......He sees how they do not do much, and i know that first hand to be a fact!...Hes legit imo and lets say hes not,from what little bit of the video i saw all that he said IS really true.
edit on 28-3-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

They pay out the ass for soccer players not in the US as well. It's basically you get paid more to entertain and play games than to save and mold lives and minds, it's so backwards if God is really looking down upon us, he doesn't even get it. It really makes no sense at all, and there would be no arguement anyone on this planet could give otherwise to justify it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Sorry you had to take a pay cut....I guess tho its good your working considering these hard times...As far as not buying in to it,there is nothing to buy in to its fact......So you get free housing,cheaper food 15,000 bonus,that's nothing compared to what the contractors get.

My ex son in law was in the army 4 yrs ago i know what they got and even with free housing and the bonuses it still was NOT enough!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join