It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Soldier who Gets It!!!!!!!! There is Hope!!!!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

brainwashed killing machine? he's trying to support his family, you're too caught up in you illuminati bull to see that. All easy a good for you to say sitting behind a f'in computer screen.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
With what is coming to light in this world, it now seems that anybody who supports rogue actions of the United States government, the Israeli government, the Chinese government, the Russian government, or any government for that matter, probably needs to have their thick head examined.

The world governments have a goal in mind, enslave the people, enslave humanity.

Don’t label me a “terrorist,” that label is reserved for those who support world governments.

It’s time to take the “fight” to these world governments, to the true “terrorists.”

The “fight” does not need to involve wholesale death, meaningless destruction, and untold suffering, but if one wishes to win this "fight" one needs to clearly understand “The Art of War.”

This treatise lays out strategies that will enable humanity to bring down world governments, without the application of unnecessary violence or the loss of life.

source : www.chinapage.com...

F.T.G.

edit on 28-3-2011 by seasoul because: Ron Paul for President

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
People need to realize that "supporting the troops" does not mean blindly supporting the AGENDA. It's OUR DUTY, as citizens, to question the agenda and stand up to authority when the objective is not just. You have to care enough to see beyond what's on Fox News or MSNBC! That would be truly supporting the troops!

Fortunately, even a few soldiers have had the courage to stand up to authority and shed light on the true agenda!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

How the # can you justify having a college degree over being shot at? A soldier, especially in the combat branch, should be the highest paid career in the world. Why, because they stand to lose the ultimate, their life.

It's preposterous that contractors are able to make more and live better than soldiers who actually have to duck bullets and then return fire. While contractors, at the first sign of trouble flee to military control.

All the reasons you list for contractors to be paid that money, the military personnel doubles them. 80 - 100 hour weeks, are you really going to compare contractor hours to soldier hours? Are you really going to say that the contractors are separated from their families?

Also, many military personnel have degrees! They chose to join the military with those degrees, to pay off loans of course, but also to serve their country. To serve their country for honorable reasons, not missions of invasion and murder.

As a ex-soldier, I contemplate going to work for a civilian contractor, you know why? Because it's well known how well I would get paid and the minimum risk compared to when I was a soldier. Those contractors are there for money. Any way, the guy isn't as much referring to the low level contractors doing the work, moreso the CEO's of these contract companies who are thrilled that there is a war going on so they can cash in.

I personally don't think our CEOs or those in the upper hierachy of the company I work for are "thrilled" there is a war going on. Why is it if you are a CEO of a company that is trying to make money, you are an evil greedy jerk who loves strife and mayhem? You don't think some of those people have kids or grandkids that serve there? That served themselves, and fully appreciate how dangerous it is? Sure, they are trying to make money. What do you want them to do - turn down contracts if they are in countries where there is conflict? Do you know how quickly businesses that did this would no longer be in business? You are not living in reality. Someone has to go there. And like I said, these contractors if they make 100k, make that no matter where they are working. Any soldier has the option to go to school and get a degree in civil engineering or contruction, and do the same.

There is a reason someone who has a degree in engineering makes more than a grunt. As as soldier, you don't need any prior education, whatsoever. I went in the Army when I was 17, and knew precisely jack and squat. No experience required. And it's not like those in the service don't get benefits. Free medical, dental, rent and all utilities paid. Should those whose lives are in danger get paid more? Sure. Should contractors and those who are not in the service get ridiculed and slammed because of it? No. They are doing a job.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That video is missing one thing. A US soldier. That's some clown that bought a hat and shirt at a surplus store. If there are any real service men or women thank you and keep up the good job And God bless. The people that don't support our troops are the same people that would cry and scream and then welcome in open arms the soldiers when they are rescued by them. If there was a natural disaster in this country or we were invaded. They would be the beggars that would never be able to ensure their own survival. They all live in their little bubbles and don't have ANY Idea what the real world is like. Year and life times of protection and freedoms have made most Americans weak and oblivious. These Islamic extremist's want to kill you all and all your children because you don't believe what they believe. Our government has decided to fight them in their towns instead of ours. It's really that simply. Would you rather our military fight them here? Have you ever been in a grocery store and worried a suicide bomber might while you and your family are in there come and blow himself up and the store? You hate the people that protect you from having to deal with that reality. That is utterly pathetic. No need to point fingers you all know who you are. Look in the mirror.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow, this got derailed pretty quick.

First of all, I noticed there were a few questions that I didn't see answered. If this guy is a soldier, he would be open to an Article 15 (reduction of rank, forfeiture of pay, and receiving extra duty) for denouncing a war on an open media outlet. He could then be lawfully ordered by his commander to shut the heck up or receive jail time.

Agree or disagree with him, the guy has balls to put his career at risk.

Some of you guys agree with the war, a lot of you disagree.

Here's my take on it. Our military is designed to protect our interests. Yes, there are terrorists over in Iraq. I'm not talking about people who just detonate suicide bombs or just pissed off locals. I'm talking about real terrorist cells. What we're doing over there, or at least while I was there, is to take the fight overseas and keep the enemy off balance. It's hard to plan attacks over here when you are worried about being hunted and trying desperately to stay ahead of the people hunting you.

Frankly, if you don't like that mission, there are many ways to get out of the army. If you are so morally obligated to stay out of the fight, go to jail.

I'll be the last to tell someone to go against their conscience, even if I disagree with them.

Also, some of you guys seem to be really going off the deep end on this. Vets, you can't say for sure that these guys didn't fight. I did one tour before being wounded while training for my second one. My little corner of the war is going to be completely different than yours. If a guy from OIF 1 was swapping war stories with a guy from OIF 4, their stories and emotions about it are going to be very different. That also changes depending on the job. I worked with a small unit of six men. If I start talking to a guy that patrolled with a platoon sized element, we're going to have completely different thoughts on this whole thing.

I know we can have some pretty intense emotions on the subject, but don't be dicks. Remember before your first tour. You were trained for combat, but you really couldn't understand what the vets in your unit went through until you experienced it yourself. You might as well be telling these guys what it's like on the surface of Mars. Don't get pissed when they don't understand.

You guys who disagree with the war. You are fully entitled to your opinion. If someone gets angry, be the bigger man and respond to the points of disagreement. If someone calls you "A liberal puke blah blah blah", just roll with it and get back to the subject at hand.
edit on 28-3-2011 by 43mike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I have a friend who has just completed his eod training to be deployed with the navy seals. It'd been a while since I last saw him, and we were out drinking. I asked him, "What are you most interested in doing now that you're done training?" He says "I wanna kill some #ers."

Training brainwashes you. But how many operations is it going to take for him to realize that the people he's killing are just normal people in extraordinary circumstances. Like this soldier says, what would you do if we were invaded with a pre-emptive strike? You'd shoot back.

Sad how much blood can be on ones hands before they realize that the real terrorist, is us.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
....Have you ever been in a grocery store and worried a suicide bomber might while you and your family are in there come and blow himself up and the store? You hate the people that protect you from having to deal with that reality. That is utterly pathetic. No need to point fingers you all know who you are. Look in the mirror.

Quite honestly, I don't really concern myself with Al-CIA-da bombing me in the grocery store. I do think the death-crazed American soldiers returning home and being ordered to turn their weapons on US citizens and confiscating our guns are a real threat. The real American terrorists may be domestic soldiers who are there to get a paycheck and kill for fun.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Any evidence (beyond the hat), that this guy is actually in the military?

Great post man, you get a star.

From what I can tell, he looks and possibly sounds Canadian with all the stammer in his speach, (could just be the drugs I'll get to that later) who just came from a surplus outlet to grab a tee shirt and the cap. By the looks of his glazed over eyes I'd say he just got up from moms basement from doing a bong hit. There is no anger in any of his expressions, just that half hearted attempt to keep his eyes open at times which is another give away that he is stoned.
Way to "get the message out" we get the message stoner boy, you'll never make it in Hollywood.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

The real American terrorists may be domestic soldiers who are there to get a paycheck and kill for fun.

Ok dude, that's pretty offensive, even for this topic.

I think a lot of what you're hearing about soldiers is skewed.

Those people who say "I want to kill #ers" are usually young soldiers that don't know any better. Their sergeant will squash that pretty quickly as people with that attitude will most likely get a team killed.

People who come back from a war with that attitude most likely sat behind a desk and are trying to sound tough.

You see a few news stories about soldiers going ballistic on people in a war zone, but that is far from the norm.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I personally don't think our CEOs or those in the upper hierachy of the company I work for are "thrilled" there is a war going on. Why is it if you are a CEO of a company that is trying to make money, you are an evil greedy jerk who loves strife and mayhem? You don't think some of those people have kids or grandkids that serve there? That served themselves, and fully appreciate how dangerous it is? Sure, they are trying to make money. What do you want them to do - turn down contracts if they are in countries where there is conflict? Do you know how quickly businesses that did this would no longer be in business? You are not living in reality. Someone has to go there. And like I said, these contractors if they make 100k, make that no matter where they are working. Any soldier has the option to go to school and get a degree in civil engineering or contruction, and do the same.

There is a reason someone who has a degree in engineering makes more than a grunt. As as soldier, you don't need any prior education, whatsoever. I went in the Army when I was 17, and knew precisely jack and squat. No experience required. And it's not like those in the service don't get benefits. Free medical, dental, rent and all utilities paid. Should those whose lives are in danger get paid more? Sure. Should contractors and those who are not in the service get ridiculed and slammed because of it? No. They are doing a job.

You don't believe they have a manufactured need to make billions of dollars? You don't think Blackwater is thrilled they have contract work to kill ME's while making billions?

It makes them greedy because they are doing it for money. When you do ANYTHING for money that you wouldn't do for free, you are succombing to greed. Not saying it's always wrong, but it is what it is.

And no, these billionaire owners do not have kids that have or are serving in the military. Rich people do not enlist into the military because they don't have to. Only the children of poor and middle class families are dying and being maimed in wars. I guarantee you there would be less war if the children of some of these billionaires had to fight!

You say most grunts know squat....hell most engineers don't know squat even after graduating. Actual experience is worth more than written knowledge. And you don't need free medical and dental when you make $100K. And you just answered my question of should those who's lives are in actual danger be compensated more, thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cassp83

If he served....his service makes him a soldier....what do you expect? his full uniform? something with his name and rank on it? do you realize how much trouble he could get in just for doing that? if he is still enlisted this could easily mean loss of rank, brig time, or even thrown out with a dishonorable discharge...While I was in I had a friend who was approached by a news crew at the local grocery store outside of base. Being part of a large unit that had just returned from 7 months in Iraq, there were a lot of reporters out around the military bases where troops were returning. The reporter noticed his uniform and asked if he agrees with the terms of why we are there in Iraq, and he simply said "no"and kept walking. Two days later he was lectured for speaking to the press and busted down a rank. Then, everyone on base was required to take a training course on what to do if we are approached by ANYONE who asks questions about the war. We are only to say, "I have n comment on the issue...Please direct any questions you may have to public affairs at 555-555-1212 (or whatever the phone number was)"...They handed out cards with this number on them that we were to put in our wallet. Just thought I'd enlighten those who were not aware of military members' duty of silence...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 43mike

The real American terrorists may be domestic soldiers who are there to get a paycheck and kill for fun.

Ok dude, that's pretty offensive, even for this topic.

I think a lot of what you're hearing about soldiers is skewed.

Those people who say "I want to kill #ers" are usually young soldiers that don't know any better. Their sergeant will squash that pretty quickly as people with that attitude will most likely get a team killed.

People who come back from a war with that attitude most likely sat behind a desk and are trying to sound tough.

You see a few news stories about soldiers going ballistic on people in a war zone, but that is far from the norm.

I see.

You mean like this is just one misguided soldier "killing for fun", huh?:

Right, just a person setting behind a desk talking tough???

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
That video is missing one thing. A US soldier. That's some clown that bought a hat and shirt at a surplus store. If there are any real service men or women thank you and keep up the good job And God bless. The people that don't support our troops are the same people that would cry and scream and then welcome in open arms the soldiers when they are rescued by them. If there was a natural disaster in this country or we were invaded. They would be the beggars that would never be able to ensure their own survival. They all live in their little bubbles and don't have ANY Idea what the real world is like. Year and life times of protection and freedoms have made most Americans weak and oblivious. These Islamic extremist's want to kill you all and all your children because you don't believe what they believe. Our government has decided to fight them in their towns instead of ours. It's really that simply. Would you rather our military fight them here? Have you ever been in a grocery store and worried a suicide bomber might while you and your family are in there come and blow himself up and the store? You hate the people that protect you from having to deal with that reality. That is utterly pathetic. No need to point fingers you all know who you are. Look in the mirror.

How do you know that isn't a soldier? Without taking a second look, he looks like a soldier to me and I'm not referring to his garments. I know a grunt when I see one.

The issue isn't whether the soldiers are doing a good job or if we support them. The issue is, should they be there in the first place. The answer is NO!

The invasion was pointless to begin with. Unless we were advocating killing all of the ME's, there was no win for us. We aren't over there fighting a army, we're over there fighting religious civilians. We're fighting entire towns and countries of people who would not have done us any harm. Sure there are a relative few who would like to come over here and blow something up, but that's not the stance of entire towns. Well, maybe it is now that we've invaded their country and killed their children and loved ones!

We declared war on maybe....1,000 people in the entire region. For that we have invaded two countries who's populations are in the millions. HOW DUMB IS THAT?

If someone from your town bombs a building in my city and we posse up and descend upon your town looking for this person, and in the process we kill hundreds of people looking for this one person...how would you feel? If while we're looking for this one person, your niece or brother or mother is killed by me and my brothers seeking revenge and "justice"? What will we accomplish by our actions? We will have enraged the other residents of your town, and them residents will begin shooting at me and my companions. This is what has happened with our situation in the ME.

So it isn't about hating the soldiers, hell I know because i'm a vet and I don't hate my brothers. Who I hate are the politicians at the top who are making these calls while sitting behind desks and then lying to us on camera.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Speaking out against the war does not mean you don't support our troops. It means that you don't believe in sending our troops out to die for a bogus reason that continues to change as our corporate funded politicians grasp at straws to formulate any reason that seems worthwhile to give our lives for. Whether it be WMDs, Saddam, terrorist cell groups, "mission accomplished" oh wait...what? uuuuuuuuhhhh....9/11 people.....9/11.... It's always something. And usually it's money.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by gncnew

Whatever dude. Your post was hard to understand, but I think you were knocking the guy in the video.

Way to try to derail a great message, but it won't work.

By the way, what have you done lately to stand up for your nation?

I don't care if this was an actor and was all staged. It is still the truth, and needs to be heard and thought about and reacted to.

I've shared it on my FB and although, most of my friends there would never think to get political on FB, and sometimes ignore my posting or laugh at them, I continue to post stuff like this.

People have to start participating in our country's policies and politics!

I was in the Marines for 8 years, now I work in the private sector supporting local municipal governments.

What I'm telling you is that I AM NOT THE ONE with the big hairy deal here. This guys (and you by agreement?) are.

I don't need to do anything because I'm not the one crying on Youtube about how messed up things are.

A tear-in-my-beer video is not "doing" something. My 14 year old posts youtube videos about playing Minecraft...

That's about as lazy as you can get in "activism".

Until I see action and/or sacrifice, you're complaints are falling on deaf ears and are worth the double cheeseburgers mentioned above.
edit on 28-3-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by gncnew

Do you know the background of the guy in the video? IF you don't, you should shut up ...

edit on 28-3-2011 by AllIsOne because: clarity

LOL... Do you? I see some jacked up dude there. Here's what is in his YouTube profile:

What's he in to?

Knowledge Of Life, Metaphysics, Exposing The Evil Elite Snakes Who Rob The Poor And Their Resources....TO DEFEAT EVIL WE MUST UNITE AND BRING BACK FAMILY FARMING AND STOP LYING TO OUR CHILDREN AND TEACH THEM REAL HISTORY

Does he have a job?

Occupation: FAMILY FARMING, FILM DIRECTOR,MUSIC PRODUCER AND TEACHING KNOWLEDGE

What's his background?

Schools: SCHOOL OF METAPHYSICS AND MASTERS IN KNOWLEDGE OF LIFE AND HELPING OTHERS

What's he believe in?

Interests: THE TRUTH, REAL HISTORY OF THE WORLD NOT THE LIES THEY TEACH US IN SCHOOL

Good thing he doesn't believe those darn lies from school... because he didn't actually go to a school... just some "knowledge of life" crap... at a killer 25 YEARS OLD
That girl doesn't even know what life is yet.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

You really should shut the # up, you are still programmed. Don't be angry at that soldier (yeah I can tell he's a soldier by looking at him) because he is waking up and actually beginning to think.

Yeah, that's what the military does, it wipes out a individuals harddrive (brain) so they can't think for themselves. Unfortunately, we have many people who like operating in this manner. These type will have no problem firing upon even American citizens that have gathered for a peaceful protest. The only thing necessary would be a order from their superiors.

Anyone else, ask this guy would he fire upon American citizens if ordered to do so!

All this yada, yada about volunteering...hell we volunteered to protect our country, NOT invade other countries in the name of resources.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You speak from a place of complete ignorance - but more dangerously it's also a position of presumed expertise.

That kid is not a solider. At least not any more than every other goob who can get an olive drab shirt and a retro cammo hat.

The Army and Marines (and Air Force and Navy too..) all have a completely different patter of cammoflage utilities now. in fact, that pattern wouldn't have been issued to him at the age he is. If he was like 34+ maybe... but since he's like 25, nope.

Not gonna happin' captin'

You got it wrong... again.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I see.

You mean like this is just one misguided soldier "killing for fun", huh?:

Right, just a person setting behind a desk talking tough???

Hmmm, so you take the language used by a helicopter gunner who's obviously become desensitized to his job as someone killing for fun?

Technology allows us to remove ourselves from the personal part of killing, it allows someone to treat it like a video game instead of the ugly act that it is. But never confuse that sense of detachment as a sign of "enjoyment".

Plenty of non-soldiers watch brutally violent videos on the internet for "fun"... are they all brainwashed psychos too?

What about the folks who watch MMA?

Our society glorifies brutality and violence, yet we only project our disgust with it onto the military... why?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join