It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask someone with Schizophrenia anything.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Shine on you.. Crazy Diamond.

I appreciate your candidness and openess, especially seeing how you feel about people.
I'll be back with a question.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
God,

I gotta stop reading threads like this. What's up with me ? When I read about someone's psychedelic drug experience, I totally understand and even go through the physically experiences they describe on the fly.. And I've never taken any of those drugs in my life.

When I read about your schizophrenia ,I totally understand, and can relate to it like it's the most natural thing in the world.

Maye that's why I judge people so harshly. I see and pick apart their soul, their mind, their everything and promptly tell them where the land lies. Off course they get scared. I see and feel it all. I can map a persons mind and soul like it was nothing. I can put myself in anyone's shoes and really "be there".

I must be one scary guy.

P.S: cool thread, and very interesting reading. Off to bed to shake off the Schizophrenic features I picked up by reading this thread.

edit on 5/4/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/4/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think the most important thing to ask is....What scares you the most OP?
Is it the fear of uncertainty about the future?
Are you afraid of what other people will think about your perspective?
Or are you afraid to success and realizing you can have or do anything you want?

Why does schizophrenia have to be paranoid schizophrenia? Why not just accept what you see or hear as reality instead of jumping to assumptions?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

It...doesn't have to be, actually. That's one of several subtypes, which he's already said isn't the one he has. And really, why does everyone think they can just sort of magically talk people out of being mentally ill, anyway?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
reply to post by Nostradumbass

It...doesn't have to be, actually. That's one of several subtypes, which he's already said isn't the one he has. And really, why does everyone think they can just sort of magically talk people out of being mentally ill, anyway?

Don't you "magically" see and talk to people everyday? There is a reason I didn't ask him whether what he believes what he sees and hears is real.

Paranoia can creep up on anybody whether you're "mentally ill" or not. When you are in that deep it's very easy to "manifest" things (assumptions, realizations, even objects) that seem threatening. I'm just curious as to why it is the OP sometimes leads his mind into a direction so negative that he can be labeled schizophrenic.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I dont hear my own thoughts. At all. Its deadly quiet in there. They are thoughts, not sounds, much like in my dreams I rarely hear sounds, and often when I do think I hear sounds, it tends to be something from the waking world intruding and my mind wrapping the dream around the noise. Even in my dreams my mind doesnt really create "noise" or "sound." Its pretty quiet in my head. I dont know if thats the "norm" but I always assumed it was.

I get the occasional ringing in the ear, and the very occasional thinking I heard someone call my name, but other than that all sound comes via my ears in the normal sound wave fashion.

To the OP, thanks for making the thread. Were you born in the winter or late spring? And one other question, when you are hallucinating, are you aware it is a hallucination? Or not? For example, in my life, when I have been under the influence of some substance, there is always an observer part of my mind which is totally aware that I am under the influence. It cannot always physically override the effects of said substance, (I might still slur for example if the substance is alcohol) but it is always aware that I am in an altered state. Is it similar when you hallucinate?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have my own inner dialogue but it has always been my own voice. One time though, while on vacation in Puerto vallarta, I heard another mans voice in my head. To make a long story short, as I was running through the hotel, the voice informed me that "if you don't slow down you'll break your ankle". Needless to say , two minytes later I was on my ass at the bottom of a wet ramp that led to the swimming pool. Broken leg and ankle ligament that was almost torn off. My question is this. HAve any of your voices been precognitive that you can recall? Thanks for your honesty and openness, very courageous

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Mindfulness meditation helps. It seems you've managed to half conceal or half accept this condition. If I was you I would definitely ask for family support about considering some sort of alternative means of treatment that can help you deal with this condition unless you have already found some self sustaining means of help.

I also see and hear things. This was a direct result of my own deep meditation and cleansing as well as daily kundalini meditation. Im just kinda letting these understandings out to dry as well as these new things I didn't remember that just came up. I probably should continue down this path so I don't # up my progress or myself.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Do you like bass? do you, do you like bass?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Here's my question: Who seem like crazy people to you?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by unityemissions

I dont hear my own thoughts. At all. Its deadly quiet in there. They are thoughts, not sounds, much like in my dreams I rarely hear sounds, and often when I do think I hear sounds, it tends to be something from the waking world intruding and my mind wrapping the dream around the noise. Even in my dreams my mind doesnt really create "noise" or "sound." Its pretty quiet in my head. I dont know if thats the "norm" but I always assumed it was.

That's interesting. I was convinced after asking about a dozen people over the years that it was pretty common. I do recall that one person said they don't hear an internal voice at all. You don't have sound in your dreams? Now I'm pretty sure that one is abnormal! Part of my raw processing has to do with sound in some way which I can't describe. I feel patterns in life: similarities, and differences, amount of variance...much like the differences between notes in a melody. I can feel my way into answers from internally hearing music playing, along with crazy fast visualizations. Other times I need to role-play to find what is the most probable outcome, and that's when several personalities will manifest to help me find the best way to go. It's as if I have MPD, except I am in control of it all, and never lose consciousness.

Just another funky lefty "right-brainer" that naturally seems to have honed savant like skills from as far back as I can remember. I guess that's called talent. I dunno.

Wanted to add another thing. Music stimulates me in more than one way. I can play my own tunes internally when needed or wanted, but also become passionate about my work when the headphones are on or it's blaring close to me. Like video games. I play touchscreen games at the bar. Have crazy high scores. I can more easily enter "the zone" if I'm listening to an emotionally charged, awesome tune. Not only will I destroy the top scores, I'll do so in style
You'd have to see me to understand. The rhythm, intensity, and flow is wicked off beat, yet there it is! It's like I'm getting it on with the machine, and the release is the high score.

edit on 6-4-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
Here's my question: Who seem like crazy people to you?

A craze is a bout of emotional instability. Logically following, a crazy person would be someone who is continuously in bouts of emotional instability.

Who is crazy? Most everyone, relatively speaking. More apparently: those who experience too much. What's the difference between a gifted individual and a crazy person? The former has accepted that most people don't yet understand, and is compelled with an overwhelming drive to get through via one creative outlet or another.
edit on 6-4-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Since you don’t leave the house and don’t have much family support, does someone bring your groceries and cat food? Or do you have to go out to do those things?

How do you support yourself?

If your state is that of being lucid/dreaming while awake, do you sometimes have trouble differentiating between your waking life and your dreaming or astral life?

Are you comfortable with your hallucinations now to the point where you can’t imagine your life without them?

And of course.. which Pink Floyd album is your favorite?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nostradumbass
I think the most important thing to ask is....What scares you the most OP? Is it the fear of uncertainty about the future? Are you afraid of what other people will think about your perspective?

The idea of not being able to wake up from this nightmare if/when it gets too unbearable.

Are you afraid of what other people will think about your perspective?

No, why would I be?

Or are you afraid to success and realizing you can have or do anything you want?

No.

Why does schizophrenia have to be paranoid schizophrenia? Why not just accept what you see or hear as reality instead of jumping to assumptions?

What? Your question is craazayy.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

To the OP, thanks for making the thread. Were you born in the winter or late spring?

You're welcome, and I was born in the winter.

And one other question, when you are hallucinating, are you aware it is a hallucination? Or not? For example, in my life, when I have been under the influence of some substance, there is always an observer part of my mind which is totally aware that I am under the influence. It cannot always physically override the effects of said substance, (I might still slur for example if the substance is alcohol) but it is always aware that I am in an altered state. Is it similar when you hallucinate?

Mhmm. But who knows what's real or not. Our senses play tricks on us constantly.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
My question is this. HAve any of your voices been precognitive that you can recall? Thanks for your honesty and openness, very courageous

Voices no, visions yes.
edit on 6-4-2011 by heyJude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancingBear
¿ssab ekil uoy od ,uoy od ¿ssab ekil uoy oD

?tahW

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude

Originally posted by ezekielken
My question is this. HAve any of your voices been precognitive that you can recall? Thanks for your honesty and openness, very courageous

Voices no, visions yes.
edit on 6-4-2011 by heyJude because: (no reason given)

Can you expalin it?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Well it's either only me that's crazy, or, it's everyone else and not me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by linesinthesand
Can you explain it?

Um, the only way I can describe it is that I am currently living the dreams that I had when I was very little. I have precognitive dreams often, and I always wonder if I'm currently in a dream.

Since you don’t leave the house and don’t have much family support, does someone bring your groceries and cat food? Or do you have to go out to do those things? How do you support yourself?

I have a lot of family support actually. I'm currently living with mah parents

If your state is that of being lucid/dreaming while awake, do you sometimes have trouble differentiating between your waking life and your dreaming or astral life?

Mhmm.

Previous question ~
I have precognitive dreams often, and I always wonder if I'm currently in a dream.

Are you comfortable with your hallucinations now to the point where you can’t imagine your life without them?

Pretty much. It's good for the time being.

And of course.. which Pink Floyd album is your favorite?

Piper at the gates of dawn, Dark side of the moon (listening to that right now actually), and I just finished Animals. Piper being my favorite.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join