It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask someone with Schizophrenia anything.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Recently, I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, during a stay at a hospital after I was sure I was going to commit suicide.

I know many people are interested in mental illness, the mind, and hallucinations, and such, and I'm dreadfully bored, so here we are.

I'll answer every (serious) question. You can ask about my thoughts on consciousness, the mind, drugs, philosophy, meditation, dreams/lucid dreaming, etc. Even very personal questions.

Don't be shy.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Hi there, How did they come to the conclusion that you are indeed suffering from Schizophrenia, what were your symptoms if you don't mind me asking?

If you could elaborate more on the hallucinations you have seen.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

What lead to you being diagnosed as schizophrenic?

Do you believe that being schizophrenic is a "disorder" or something else?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Do you hear, see, or experience anything that is "unusual"? Any spiritual visitations? Do you feel more connected to the other side than others around you? How severe is your "disorder"?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Can you hear/feel people's emotions and/or thoughts?

Do you experience countless 'coincidences' when talking to people or interacting with people? Like mind-melding?

Do you have vivid and strange dreams?

I do... its all part of being spiritually aware.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

I couldn't agree with you more. I my self feel others emotions and thoughts as they were myself. I was always questioning either I am mental or I am just aware. I have a friend who is very similar like me, not many understand him but I can relate to him. He is awkwardly intuitive and smart.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Are you a genius?

Are you John Nash? (if for some reason you are unaware of who he is, read up on him, might help your confidence)

Are you on medication?
edit on 25-3-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Here is my question-

Why did you start a thread telling people to ask you questions, and then go offline without even attempting to answer any of them?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpioeagle

Hi there, How did they come to the conclusion that you are indeed suffering from Schizophrenia, what were your symptoms if you don't mind me asking?

If you could elaborate more on the hallucinations you have seen.

I hear voices, like, ghost conversations in other rooms, and I can hear my own thoughts. I hear things, as though they are coming from an outside source.

If I imagine a song playing in my head, I'll hear whatever my mind comes up with, faster tempo, strange lyrics, weird sounding instruments, etc. Sometimes songs sound just like the original.

My visual hallucinations are crazy. I see "shadow people", they used to scare the # out of me as a child. I blocked out a lot of memories from that time.

I also occasionally live in a "shadow world", it's very difficult to describe, but I would describe it as being dissociated from reality. Where everything is dark, and scary, but also comforting at the same time.

I also see distortions in reality each day. Like, things will bend, stretch, and change color. Textures will change, and things breathe. Basically I trip balls naturally.

Originally posted by dalan.
What lead to you being diagnosed as schizophrenic?

Do you believe that being schizophrenic is a "disorder" or something else?

Well, I've always been strange, anti-social, introverted, etc. I've always seen and heard things that are "not real".

But I never told anyone about it. Anyways, for the past three years I've had really bad depression and it's only gotten worse. So I decided to see a doctor and told him pretty much everything.

I don't think it's a "disorder", I think I'm percieving reality with a dreaming mind.

Originally posted by MyPathManifests
Do you hear, see, or experience anything that is "unusual"? Any spiritual visitations? Do you feel more connected to the other side than others around you? How severe is your "disorder"?

Well, it's pretty severe as far as hallucinations go. But luckily, I'm not paranoid, or violent, or any of the negative things associated with the disease.

Originally posted by avatar01Have you ever tried smoking Salvia Divinorum? It might give you some insight into your mental condition and possibly cure you. Worked pretty good for me.

I haven't tried Salvia, but I've done other things, like '___', and Shrooms. If anything, psychedelics worsen my symptoms exponentially.

Originally posted by avatar01
Can you hear/feel people's emotions and/or thoughts?

Yep. Me and my girlfriend used to play a game where we would send eachother images, feelings with our minds from 6 hours away. (Srs)

Originally posted by avatar01
Do you experience countless 'coincidences' when talking to people or interacting with people? Like mind-melding?

I don't interact with people often, so, no.

Originally posted by avatar01Do you have vivid and strange dreams?

Mhm. I remember like, at least 5 dreams each night. They are all crazy vivid, and very strange.

I lucid dream as well.

Originally posted by avatar01I do... its all part of being spiritually aware.

That's good to hear. And I agree..

I will answer other questions later!
edit on 25-3-2011 by heyJude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Am I for real ?

edit on 25-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Maybe your condition is what they call niacin-responsive schizophrenia. Look into Dr. Abram Hoffer's work.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyJudeI've done other things, like '___', and Shrooms. If anything, psychedelics worsen my symptoms exponentially.

Niacin stops an '___' trip in about 20 minutes. '___' works in the amygdala, and by stimulating the amygdala with electromagnetic energy, hallucinations can be produced.

Here's some refs:

Dr. Abram Hoffer - Niacin - Schizophrenia

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Well good to know that I am not the only one that hears "Ghost Conversations", has strange vivid dreams and that his reality shifts from time to time. I had this most of my life, I was scared at times but I am actually very very happy I have such a unique mind. I'm in the field of Media Production and my mind only adds a special touch to my work.

Keep off the meds, enjoy life. I believe in the future we will rebuild this world and the word Schizophrenia will be replaced with Blessed.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted bySomehumanbeing

Are you a genius?

I'm very smart, and naturally good at art, and music, etc, but I wouldn't dare call myself a genius.

Originally posted bySomehumanbeing
Are you John Nash? (if for some reason you are unaware of who he is, read up on him, might help your confidence)

I know who he is/was. Very interesting man.

To answer your question, no, I am not him.

Originally posted bySomehumanbeingAre you on medication?

I'm on Effexor 225 mg, and Seroquel 100 mg.

Originally posted byBrokenCircles
Here is my question-

Why did you start a thread telling people to ask you questions, and then go offline without even attempting to answer any of them?

Lol whut.

Originally posted byrandyvs
Am I for real ?

I could be dreaming..

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
At what point do you decipher and differentiate the inner monologue from that of the intrusive-exterior influences (or those which appear to be so)? How much of a "fine line" is there between the two, three, or . . .? Or is there no difference that can be easily perceived?

Thank you

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What type of schizophrenia were you diagnosed with? (if I remember right there are different kinds with different manifestations)

Do you feel that you see deeper levels of reality that other people aren't aware of? Or do you think the differences you perceive are in your head and you wish they would go away?

How would you say this affects your life? I know that may be a stupid question since I would be hard pressed to explain exactly how anything about me affects my life, but I'm just wondering if you think things would be totally different for you if you didn't have the schizophrenia diagnosis attached to you.

Thanks for sharing
The mind is an interesting place.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for the answer. A very good one, that made me smile.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
As someone with schizoid problems myself, i have become rather more aggrophobic over the years, to the point where although I like to chat on sites like this, in real life I generally avoid anyone outside my own family like the plague. One of the main reasons for this is that so many people are so utterly ignorant about mental illness, and when someone starts talking to me, it quickly becomes apparent that there is something slightly wrong. Then you try to explain, and just get met with a whole barrage of misconceptions, etc.

When I was younger I'd be more patient with them, and try to explain the situation, but after twenty or so years of it, I just can't be bothered anymore, so I simply don't bother getting into any kind of conversation with most people in the first place.

Darn frustratin' though at times!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would just like to say first off that it seems to me like you were just born at a lower vibrational frequency. Which is easily changed (if desired) through meditation. However, in my experience, medication has always reinforced the "Victim Mentality" as opposed to a "Champion Mentality."

My question is this:
If a canoe has 8 doors like a Cadillac; then how many pancakes does it take to cover a doghouse?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join