Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ask someone with Schizophrenia anything.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
Could you describe the shadow people in a bit more detail ? Do you see defined shapes or something like a dark blurry silhouette ? How often do you see them and do they ever speak ?

Thank you in advance.

They don't speak, and they're usually lurking in the shadows themselves. But yes, they look like silhouettes. Definatly not defined.

Originally posted by sliceNodice
What is the most profound thing your condition has made you realize? Perhaps this next question is a little... out there, not strange, but quite literally lol... but nonetheless you seem like the type of chap to have heavily contemplated these kinds of questions.

Well, I guess the most profound thing I have realized is that there is more to reality than everyone knows.

There are things to experience which our most advanced tech cannot even pick up on, or measure. The mind is an amazing thing.

Originally posted by sliceNodice
What are your views on the origin of the universe? Do you believe there is an origin?

Well, tbh, I have absolutely no idea. But the most logical explanation to me, would be that two other universes collided and birthed this universe.

:L

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I've been following this thread with great curiosity. I wanted to thank you for your openness. You are providing members here with an excellent opportunity to understand and to grow. I am personally interested in your responses because we have much in common, but where you seem almost manic in your depression at times, I've come to a point of numbness. My girlfriend has explained in detail how I fit the profile of a sociopath. While I'd profile myself almost in the same light you do, I have had my time of deep depression in my teen years. I also had run-ins with the law etc during that troubled time. I'd say that the main difference between us is the emotional response in relation to actions and thought. I am incapable of feeling sorrow as it would normally relate to life's plight. After years of reflection, It seems that I have acquired a sense that others do not posses. I can see, plain as day, the interaction between every thing's energy and its surroundings. I can feel this interaction. I am part of it. Likewise, animals are drawn to me, especially dogs. I can feel their thoughts and I can feel that they sense mine. I believe that this "sociopathic" or as my girlfriend would call it "lack of compassion" for others, is a direct result of a greater understanding of energy, truth and light that most have blinded themselves to. I believe that all are created equal, but everyone possesses a uniqueness. To embrace your condition, to spend great energy on understanding it and then to act accordingly is the only option, as the majority of others will never be able to view life through your mind's eye. I can understand your frustration, and I sympathize.

I do have a question. This has haunted me to this day. These dark figures that you sense, have you ever had interaction with them? Have you ever felt threatened?

On a more personal note, how does this effect your interactions with females? I'd assume you maintain a relationship to satisfy the urning of the flesh. Do you feel the need to intentionally withhold your thoughts and feelings from your partner?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jrnookiemonster

First I'd like to thank you for your post. It is comforting to know that there are strange people like me out there..

The shadows I see have never communicated with me (that I know of). I don't think they have mouths. But perhaps they communicate telepathically? They fade away quickly and I've never tried to talk to them before, I've only studied them cautiously.

Last night I saw a shadow duplicate of my cat chasing her around, it was so entertaining.

Oh, and your last question. I've only had one real relationship, and sex was fun, but I definatly don't need it. I try to reject pleasure. I already have a hard time experiencing it, and happiness.

I don't want to be in a relationship at this point in time. Too much unecessary drama, and emotional strain. Both of which I have plenty of already.

I desire more questions.
edit on 28-3-2011 by heyJude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Let me just start off i saying i just got done reading almost every question and answer on this thread. I found it absolutely captivating learning about your "affliction". I have a child hood friend who has schizophrenia but was only recently diagnosed with it. It has caused a lot of emotional stress on the parents they cant leave him by himself and i think hes about 19-20. He has always been strange/different but he went through a phase were he used drugs heavily and i think he thrust himself into his situation b/c of the drugs. I hear stories all the time from my mom about him (gossiping/venting with the schizophrenic's mom) some of them very disturbing. Example:

Parents and him chilling out by the pool at their beach house they had recently found out he has schizophrenia and ask him "what do you hear/see"

He replies, "Well i see the devil right now and he is telling me to kill you both but i know it is wrong to do so im not going to"

Lots of things like this freaky # im sure you can relate.

But my question is do you ever hear horrific thoughts and want to act on them but know it is "bad"

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by austingoeshard

oh and i would like to know if your picture is you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by austingoeshard

Wow. Your friend sounds exactly like me. And nope, that's not me in my avatar. It's Syd Barrett. But I do look like him!

And no, the things I experience aren't negative in nature, yet.
edit on 29-3-2011 by heyJude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Do you ever stop to think that it is not you that is crazy, but everyone else is being turned into something that is so remarkably different, that is seems as if they are some kind of aliens/droids?

Wherever I go, people look at me, I don't know why, perhaps they can see my aura or something, however, its the people that don't look at me, the people that still seem to be real... Its as if, we are the last real people left, and the rest are just robots.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Do you ever stop to think that it is not you that is crazy, but everyone else is being turned into something that is so remarkably different, that is seems as if they are some kind of aliens/droids?

Wherever I go, people look at me, I don't know why, perhaps they can see my aura or something, however, its the people that don't look at me, the people that still seem to be real... Its as if, we are the last real people left, and the rest are just robots.

We all suffer equally in nature. The nature of my reality is different than yours, and I have a different temperament than you, and different mind. My experience won't be the same as yours, but that doesn't make me crazy.

Both of us are crazy, because we're both living in a dream.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I just found your thread and I'm going to think about some questions.
I've always found Schizophrenia and Schizotypical personality disorder interesting.
For a while when I was around 21 (studies show it usually begins in early 20's) and in college taking abnormal psych I started to diagnose myself.
I'm 25 now. The symptoms slacked off and I'm confident now they were just anxiety attacks making me think I was losing it.

I also know I guy who is diagnosed but i've never brought it up to him. You would never think anything was up with him, occasionally if he is drinking he gets a little spacey and will snap and think people are talking about him but that's about it.

Anyway I feel for you, I imagine the attacks are confusing nerve wrecking episodes.
What kind did they diagnose you with? What do you do to keep it in check, like you personally before doctors were involved, how did you make it through episodes? (if these questions have been asked you can ignore them and just say hi, thanks).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
how many manifestations of baser humanity or else 'evil' personified do you see in a minimum of 5 minutes of doing a mirror stare into your own eyes ??

can you even take 5 minutes of intense 'looking' into the Soul ??

don't reply in superficial terms, don't fudge with the time & intensity of your mirror-time
I got more images than the infamous Sybil had personalities... lets play... what you say !

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I just found your thread and I'm going to think about some questions.
I've always found Schizophrenia and Schizotypical personality disorder interesting.
For a while when I was around 21 (studies show it usually begins in early 20's) and in college taking abnormal psych I started to diagnose myself.
I'm 25 now. The symptoms slacked off and I'm confident now they were just anxiety attacks making me think I was losing it.

Yeah I score high for both Schizoid and Schizotypal Personality disorders (among others).

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Anyway I feel for you, I imagine the attacks are confusing nerve wrecking episodes.
What kind did they diagnose you with? What do you do to keep it in check, like you personally before doctors were involved, how did you make it through episodes? (if these questions have been asked you can ignore them and just say hi, thanks).

I have Hebephrenic Schizophrenia. I haven't done anything to treat that specifically yet..

My episodes are crazy, and the really bad ones usually leave me either spaced out, or like, sensory overload.

And hi.

Originally posted by St Udio
how many manifestations of baser humanity or else 'evil' personified do you see in a minimum of 5 minutes of doing a mirror stare into your own eyes ??

can you even take 5 minutes of intense 'looking' into the Soul ??

I love looking into my own eyes in the mirror. As for the first er, question, I see more with my eyes closed than with my eyes open.

Originally posted by St Udio
don't reply in superficial terms, don't fudge with the time & intensity of your mirror-time
I got more images than the infamous Sybil had personalities... lets play... what you say !

*looks at avatar*

I need an adult

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I havn't yet read the entire thread, but find it fascinating and will catch up. Have you ever been abused as a child? Do you have multiple personalites?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
When did you realize you were schizophrenic? What was the clincher for you, that made you go in for the solid diagnosis? Or was it kind of a gradual creeping realization? Or both?

There are too many words in my head. I'll leave you with that.

(for the record, I am bipolar i+delusions. sometimes I think I'm Jesus.)
edit on 30-3-2011 by nithaiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Thank you for your candid response. I felt uneasy asking about your personal relationships. I don't want to pry, but I don't have a solution yet to my own affairs regarding relationships and my beliefs. I was hoping for something that would help me to further my understanding of my interactions with the opposite sex or even something to help my female better understand my condition. On to my story...

I'm interested in the shadows because I've had much experience with them. There are shadow spirits that occupy my friends house. The best way to describe them is within the shadows. Before she ever told me, I could sense them. Her cat would watch them intently. Maverick was a black cat and was an unusually large as a mid size dog. For some reason, he took particular interest in me. I found that he was extremely protective, as our the spirits over my friend and her house. There were many times I saw the cat obviously studying something, but always in the shadows, hidden. At many times in my life I've felt the presence of another energy or many other energies. A long time ago I had a girlfriend that was a deacon. I was in a very bad place in my life then. She was a decent person where as I am not. Needless to say, she would find my affairs horrid. I should mention that she was not the only girl I was seeing at the time. I was bouncing from girl to girl leaching some type of dirty satisfaction from my actions. One night I decided to pay her a visit. I'd never stayed over at her house before. She was a bit more educated and proper than the other girls I've been interested in. In any event, we ended up in bed after consuming copious quantities of wine. After we had exhausted ourselves, she had passed out in my arms. I lay there. For some reason there was a very permanent feeling of disapproval by an outside source. Considering that my actions were atrocious and the way I conducted my personal affairs was with blatant disregard for god's law and man's. In retrospect I can only conclude that the reaction I felt was well deserved. Though this feeling of disapproval and condemnation lingered like a foul smell, I decided to ignore it and fell into slumber. Wrenchingly I was jerked from my sleep. Instantly awake, I could feel the presence of the energy as if it wanted to attack me. Awakening in such a traumatizing manner left me paralyzed with fear. I was absolutely terrified in those first waking moments. A few seconds went by and this feeling hinted toward it's own dispersion. Then completely awake and cognitive, the house appeared to shake as the words "GET OUT" rippled through me. It was not audible the words that were uttered. It was sensed. It was not asking. It was telling, demanding. I am not scared easily. Threatening me would normally achieve the opposite reaction as desired. This however, was terrifying. It was almost the same feeling that you might have in a nightmare when you are trying to run away from something and can't. I didn't move. I listened for the voice again, assuming it would re-assert itself seeing as how I did not comply. It didn't, but I was left with the feeling as before, but more intense. It wanted to get me. It wanted me out, gone. I didn't move an inch, except to breath. I held that female close to me. It seems that something had already claimed her and didn't approve of my corruption. Good or evil, that force I encountered had a will and I violated this female, the sanctity of her home and it couldn't sit idle. This intense feeling I've never felt so strongly before, but I'm absolutely positive it is the same type of energy force I've felt in my friend's house. The same energy I've felt lurking in the shadows, watching. The same energy as the entity that use to receive that hollow stare from Maverick the big black cat.

So you see, this is not about me. It isn't about our common interests. It's not about the crystal clear view people like us have into reality. It has nothing to do with perception or are acceptance there of. My inquiry is simply, what are these shadowy figures? Silhouettes of an entity that was? Demons of some sort? A figment of my imagination? Manifestation of my own crimes against humanity? Or maybe a symptom of a sick mind?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Hi

Firstly, do you feel that your schitzophrenia is actually a mental illness? or do you feel that because of the way that it is stigmatized thats the main reason why its actually effected you? and if so, would you be feeling the same as you are now?

Sorry if thats worded funny, its pretty late where i am.

Also, did your depression and anxiety stem from having schitzophrenia? Or are they completely unrelated

I personally think (and please correct me if im wrong, because ive never delt with schitzophrenia) that if your kind of schitzophrenia wasn't so stigmatised it could be seen as a gift in some aspects (even though im sure it has its downsides), concidering that you percieve the world in such a different way to other people and pick up things that they would have no idea even exist. You also said in earlier posts that your very artistic, would that be because you have such vivid perceptions of things that theres so much more that you can express in artwork?

If you dont wanna be taking any more medication apparently st johns wort is really good for depression, you should give it a try

Hope you feel better soon!
edit on 30-3-2011 by littlecloud because: typos

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Yeah, I heard that there are a greater number of possible connections between the neurons in a brain than there are particles in the entire universe! Perhaps thinking that we are all the same is the error that we (or I) make.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nithaiah
When did you realize you were schizophrenic? What was the clincher for you, that made you go in for the solid diagnosis? Or was it kind of a gradual creeping realization? Or both?

During high school when I got really depressed, and my hallucinations and other symptoms worsened like crazy.

Originally posted by nithaiah
There are too many words in my head. I'll leave you with that.

(for the record, I am bipolar i+delusions. sometimes I think I'm Jesus.)

I think I'm John Lennon.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
reply to post by heyJude

Yeah, I heard that there are a greater number of possible connections between the neurons in a brain than there are particles in the entire universe! Perhaps thinking that we are all the same is the error that we (or I) make.

Now I know this picture is unknowable (right?), but I wouldn't be surprised if it was like this ↓

I love fractals, I see them when I close my eyes.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I havn't yet read the entire thread, but find it fascinating and will catch up. Have you ever been abused as a child? Do you have multiple personalites?

No, I wasn't abused as a child. But I was spanked, and hit with a belt though!

I'm glad I got hit, because it was a rude awakening to what humans could do to one another from an early age. Some say corporal punishment is a good thing, I think it's not necessary, at all. Because I would learn that later on, in public school, anyway, how cruel some children can be. Which is no doubt the parent's fault to begin with. So it's an endless cycle. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

If I had a kid, I would never hit them, and I would teach them never to hit others.

And about the multiple personalities, it's complicated, yeah. Nothing too crazy, though.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have a question.I read somewhere that families that consider themselves to be ex-centric are often people with Schizophrenia...Do you feel your ex-centric?

I know my family is what I like to term "out of the box thinkers"...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join