It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To The Cool Cartoons I Used To Watch As A Kid!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, the toons I watched as a kid sorta sucked in my opinion.
We had bugs and such (Daffy = cooler), Tom & Jerry (always rooted for Tom to finally get the mouse..Jerry was an arrogant ass), and the damned smurfs...but it wasn't until I was in my late teens/early 20s when "good" toons came out

I did like the rampant steriotypes of the early cartoons though, hong kong fooey and such, amusing stuff, if highly politically incorrect, but still amusing.

As far a recent cartoons...well, I actually do record Futurama...thats about it..over cartoons now except for futurama (and southpark..but not sure if that qualifies).

U used to watch the simpsons, but it sort of became stale over time. not that toons need to be a soap opera, but after years, your bound to have some passing memorys of what occured before...one week homer is not a total fool, he has some mental agility, but he is just too lazy to even try..the following week, he is all but retarded...one week bart was sort of a nice kid at heart, the following he was incredibly evil (and also follows the smart one week, idiot the next week)..I know its meant simply as a parody skit and the characters are actually not overly important as the situational comedy...but meh, that bugs me.

I liked Pinky alot and the mouse was cool..I stopped watching the simpsons for the same reason the show just didn't amuse me anymore..thanks for the reply!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

Not a problem we all have our passions

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can remember a lot of racism and propaganda in those old cartoons. A couple tom and jerry's where one of them gets blown up and then they're wearing blackface like the old movies. Lots of stuff about the Russians and Japanese. They knew what they were putting out there, aimed at the youth. But from the little bits of it catch here and there, TV hasn't changed much. Still plenty of racism and propaganda.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
I can remember a lot of racism and propaganda in those old cartoons. A couple tom and jerry's where one of them gets blown up and then they're wearing blackface like the old movies. Lots of stuff about the Russians and Japanese. They knew what they were putting out there, aimed at the youth. But from the little bits of it catch here and there, TV hasn't changed much. Still plenty of racism and propaganda.

I never noticed the racism and propaganda as a kid i had no idea what it was i just thought it was funny ..But as a adult sure i see it now ..thanks for the reply

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

No,No,No,the best cartoons are from the
40's and 50's!
The old Tom and Jerry,Bugs Bunny,Mighty
Mouse,Heckle and Jeckle to name a few.
Some Tom and Jerry cartoons even won
academy awards.The trashy cartoons of
today aren't even good for adults to watch,
much less children.
I do like Back at the Barnyard and Duck Dodgers.
Yes,Mamabeth still watches cartoons.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I could post a hundred of these and go on for ages but it would bum me out . They just do not make 'em like they used to. Anyways here are a few intros of some of my faves. I always liked the less popular I suppose

and Finally.

My Grandma used to tell me that the Robotech could've woke me from a coma I loved it so much. Man I feel bad for the kids today and the shows/ lack of they have. Its really a pity.

That is all

P.S To everyone on the first page discussing it. IMO there has been hardly any good anime put out in the last decade and that which is is usually a reworking (Evangelion 1.1, Ghost n the Shell 2.0) or just a n extension of an OG gangsta. ( GITS: Stand alone complex, Blood+, etc). Sorry for being off topic I'll save the anime for another thread.
edit on 25/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as Per

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Bugs bunny has been banned due to his anarchistic, anti-state, pro liberty views.
Any violence was always turned on the perpetrators.
We can;t have that since the violence now comes from the state.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

No,No,No,the best cartoons are from the
40's and 50's!
The old Tom and Jerry,Bugs Bunny,Mighty
Mouse,Heckle and Jeckle to name a few.
Some Tom and Jerry cartoons even won
academy awards.The trashy cartoons of
today aren't even good for adults to watch,
much less children.
I do like Back at the Barnyard and Duck Dodgers.

Oh mamabeth i loved Heckle and Jeckle those 2 birds were the best!

Yes,Mamabeth still watches cartoons.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I rember Mask the rest you put up i never watched,,thanks for the reply and the vids

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Bugs bunny has been banned due to his anarchistic, anti-state, pro liberty views.
Any violence was always turned on the perpetrators.
We can;t have that since the violence now comes from the state.

Thanks for the reply..and thats the truth

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This was awesome.
We have the complete series as well as D&D, must watch them some time.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

edit on 25-3-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: nvm

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
They took out everything that "they" considered violence. Ever see Elmer Fudd blast Daffy Duck in the head with a shotgun? Nope. too violent. and that sucks, seeing cartoon characters whomp on each other with mallets and anvils was all the fun when I was growing up. Sylvester and tweety and TNT was any kids Saturday, Oh. give me the days of Foghorn Leghorn laying a trap for that dog that blew up in his face.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
This was awesome.
We have the complete series as well as D&D, must watch them some time.

wow i really liked that video I'm going to have to see the rest of those that one was good thanks!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Anyone remember the "The Littles"?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by korath
They took out everything that "they" considered violence. Ever see Elmer Fudd blast Daffy Duck in the head with a shotgun? Nope. too violent. and that sucks, seeing cartoon characters whomp on each other with mallets and anvils was all the fun when I was growing up. Sylvester and tweety and TNT was any kids Saturday, Oh. give me the days of Foghorn Leghorn laying a trap for that dog that blew up in his face.

I agree the violence is what made the cartoons funny.. I just never even thought about it being violent as a kid it was just fun and i knew it wasn't something i could go out and do like Elmer Fudd ..But all good things of the past seem to come to an end

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalemcfad
Anyone remember the "The Littles"?

I dont rember them i will have to go look the video up on utube..maybe someone else will though

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

my avatar is a picture of the littles. If i remember correctly it was on late 80's. It was about a group of little people that lived in the bowels of a house and only the 'normal size' little boy that lived in the house knew they existed. I dont think it was on very long

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalemcfad
reply to post by sugarcookie1

my avatar is a picture of the littles. If i remember correctly it was on late 80's. It was about a group of little people that lived in the bowels of a house and only the 'normal size' little boy that lived in the house knew they existed. I dont think it was on very long

That sounds like a cute show i will still have to go take a peek at it

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Sorry but I just had to add a few more Y'alll got me feeling nostalgic

I freaking Loved the 80's

That is all

Trowa Barton
edit on 25/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as Per, Sorry

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join