It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To The Cool Cartoons I Used To Watch As A Kid!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I remember both of those cartoons i use to love the Snorks! post all you want that's why i made the thread there is alot of people into the old cartoons and the 80s

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

what about Rodger Ramjet
Gigantor,marine boy,batfink,herculoids,birdman,
the super six, josie and the pussycats, the archie show(archie and jughead)lol,fantastic four,spiderman,topcat.lmfao,memories of good toons, not like the sh*t of today.....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Cool.

I had a question though how did you miss Voltron ? I understand The Go Bots as they were just a Transformers rip off and Robotech (since the US version was a mash up of the three seperate Robotech sagas and in retro really didn't make sense. Silverhawks to since that was short lived but man Voltron.

I wish I could go back and meet you as a child and give the younger you VHS copies of it or at least tell you to watch it or something. You'd be thanking some mysterious man now, and I'd be smiling and quiet about it.

That is all

Trowa

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

what about Rodger Ramjet
Gigantor,marine boy,batfink,herculoids,birdman,
the super six, josie and the pussycats, the archie show(archie and jughead)lol,fantastic four,spiderman,topcat.lmfao,memories of good toons, not like the sh*t of today.....

(archie and jughead)yep they were good.. alot of those you mentioned were! thanks for the reply

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton

Cool.

I had a question though how did you miss Voltron ? I understand The Go Bots as they were just a Transformers rip off and Robotech (since the US version was a mash up of the three seperate Robotech sagas and in retro really didn't make sense. Silverhawks to since that was short lived but man Voltron.

I wish I could go back and meet you as a child and give the younger you VHS copies of it or at least tell you to watch it or something. You'd be thanking some mysterious man now, and I'd be smiling and quiet about it.

This is how it was for me my parents let me watch 1 hour of cartoons a week so i had to be picky about what i watched they thought cartoons would make me empty headed so i watched my faves or what i could catch at my friends houses your probley alot younger then me im in my late 30s

That is all

Trowa

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Here are toons and shows from my era... ones I remember anyway... Im sure hulu or youtube have them.. in comparison yeah, they suck now, but barney sucks worse.

Captain Caveman
Bigfoot and WIldboy
Groovie Goolies
Shazam
Goober and the ghost chasers

And folks wonder why folks from my generation are all about bigfoot, UFOs, and ghosts...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The old Toons from the 60's, 70's and some 80's ones, plus shows like F Troop, Bewitched, Brady Bunch (Yuk) are all being re-run here in Oz on free to air HD Digital channels!!

Yep. I get to relive my childhood again as I slip further into my second childhood in old age... ain't life grand?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
He-Man- The one with the axe.
Tom and Jerry- still being played, my daughters favorite.
Yogi Bear- Loved it
Whats that cartoon series that was on U.S.A. It was kinda like yogi bear but with car racing? I think it was on something like U.S.A cartoon express or something.
MASK- best toys
Ren and Stimpy- much later but worth noting
Whatever happened to count chocula cereal. I could go back in time with that stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Oh yeah, Speed racer!
That reminds me of MTV's liquid television. Those were some of the coolest cartoons.
Aeon-Flux, The Max, The Head...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I miss them too! Sometimes I rent them from Netflix. I don't know if they are just too old school for kids now days. I recall some talk in the past that they portrayed too much violence (i.e., guns, explosives, etc.) and perhaps some bigoted content. I never noticed them when I was a kid though and they certainly are a damn sight better than the Japanimation crap that is out there today.

My 2-cents

Anime is not meant for kids. Well, most at least. Pokemon and such, sure. But Bleach, Death Note, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Beebop, are not. Some get more violent and suggestive than what I mentioned.
And to be fair, traditional cartoons and anime heavily encouraged and influenced one another. The creator of Astro Boy (anime) and the creator of Donald Duck had a close friendship.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Starcom was really cool,

www.youtube.com...

And the Bluffers,

www.youtube.com...

Ansd some others that I used to watch, Mask, the Ghostbusters, Thundercats, Heathcliff, GI Joe, Teddy Ruxpin and lots more I can´t think of right now.

edit on 26-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: I suck.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
The old Toons from the 60's, 70's and some 80's ones, plus shows like F Troop, Bewitched, Brady Bunch (Yuk) are all being re-run here in Oz on free to air HD Digital channels!!

Yep. I get to relive my childhood again as I slip further into my second childhood in old age... ain't life grand?

Hopefully they will add Lost in Space. In my opinion, that was one of the best TV shows ever. I even liked it better than Star Trek. Oh, and I love Bewitched too.
Since you don't like the Brady Bunch, you'd probably love the Brady Bunch movie. It's a spoof on the show. Really funny.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Most awesome thread ever! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I grew up in the 80s and i remember the cartoons of that day had strong messages of friendship, loyalty, honesty and integrity. These themes were woven into engaging stories with dialogue and actual story lines.

In contrast, I sat down and watched some cartoons with my nephews the other day. I cant remember the name of the cartoon, but it was atrocious! The characters were rude to each other, there was no storyline, no point to any of the disconnected conversations that were taking place between the characters, and there was so much fast movement and flashing light, I felt like I was going to have an epileptic fit.

I feel sorry that my nephews will not get to experience cartoons in the same way I did at their age.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Stinky Wizzle Teets lol

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

You mentioned Jem!! She is outrageous!!

OMG I had the Jem dolls, they were slightly bigger than Barbie so after Barbie and GI Joe got divorced I married Jem and Joe lol thought their names were much cuter together lol

I agree the cartoons of today suck! Kids are deprived!!! Tom and Jerry ruled and so did The Smurfs

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I remember both of those cartoons i use to love the Snorks! post all you want that's why i made the thread there is alot of people into the old cartoons and the 80s

The Snorks are awesome!! My friend just got a tattoo of a snork!! I will take a pic when I see her next week and post it. I almost flipped when I saw it lol I hardly ever meet anyone who knows the snorks lol

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Just rememberd these aswell

Sesame Street was awsome aswell! but I always remember this guy!

Lambchop!!

Sooty and Sweep!

Postman Pat!

In New Zealand we had Thingy, this is Hilarious!

edit on 26-3-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

oh and Fraggle Rock!! (cant be botherd finding vid)
edit on 26-3-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just thought of some more from the 1960's and early 1970's ... Josie and the Pussycats, Underdog (one of my favorites), Johnny Quest, and TV show The Munsters. I had a big crush on Eddie Munster.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ATTACK of El cap i tans

Bonus if you had a captain power interactive toy which was way ahead of the curb read about it under the interactive game near the bottom of the page. Here

Speaking of captain Planet we could use him about now does anyone know how to get in touch with him? Also I started thinking last night and realized my 'rents let me watch way way to much tele and play way to many video games but I can't be mad in some ways it was a huge catalyst for my "awakening".

Everybody call your parents and say hello today, and if you can't jsut stop and give them a moment of nice thought.

edit on 26/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Afterthought

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

How can we fprget Wile E. Coyte and the Road Runner?
Talk about violence!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join