It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What? Are you new?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Must be New because Earthquakes have always happend at the same intensity and frequency as they are now.
Volanoes have always erupted and even at much greater frequency than now and many more powerful than anything in this century.
The Sun has always had storms, flares, periods of turmoil and quiet.
Men have always wared and at times much worse than what we see in the world today.
Tornado's have always destroyed trailer parks and even cities.
Tsunami's have always happend throughout time and some MUCH worse than the recent one in Japan.
Comets have visited earth many millions of times in history and will continue to do so.
People have always worried about the apocolypse in every generation there ever was there has been a 2012.
There have been a few other recorded huricanes much worse than Katrina. There have been many much worse in history that were not recorded and we will see more.
The Earth has always had climate change going from hot to cold and cold to hot with and without our help.
Man will continue to cut corners and kill ourselves with our need to do things on the cheap rather than how they should be such as Nuke plant construction.

The only difference today is we have internation news and the internet to make us see more of what has been happening all along. It is not worse we just know more of what is going on in the world. There are more human deaths cause by nature because there are more humans.

Lots of new people on here because we just keep seeing the same ole same ole. Everything has happend before and everything will happen again...

Are you new too?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Well said! S+F for you!
2nd line***********

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yes these things have always happened. But we are gaining more and more knowledge about them and learning from our mistakes along the way. So no, I guess that we are not 'new'. But we may just be beginning to understand.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thank you! Finally some one agrees with what I have been saying for years. Thank you,Thank you ,Thank you.S&F

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
are not are not are not are not are not are not are not are not.

Proved you wrong - so there

S&F

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Car crashes have been occuring for many years, but they also come in damn handy for assassinations

Let's not try to oversimplify the world as then we will create an inaccurate model. Not everything has to be a 1 or 0, white or black, a yes or a no. Some people think it does have to be and that's where they go wrong

Earthquakes do occur naturally as to Tsunamis, but both can also be used as weapons

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here are another couple of newbies

edit on 24-3-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven.....

Reminds me of the scene in Time Bandits where the island was sinking, and the fearless leader says "This is not happening!"

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

Originally posted by Xeven.....

Reminds me of the scene in Time Bandits where the island was sinking, and the fearless leader says "This is not happening!"

Exactly, so many people in denial about the criminal network, despite having clear evidence

If this is how we get on with the Internet, when it's gone we'll be completely lost! It can't be long now until they take it down

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This post should be on the front page ... but never will be. I tend to believe that critical thinking skills, like most subject areas, aren't emphasized enough in schools. If you don't get them in adolescence, you're typically a lost cause because every time someone tries to explain why what you believe isn't reality, you're defensive because you believe it collapses your world view ... thus you reject the concept of deconstructing information and being OK with not believing everything you see or are told ... and so you go with the flow. Not that that's necessarily bad - could be the secret to happiness. But I don't believe that.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well said. Thanks for expressing what many are thinking.

If I see one more "Disclosure is Imminent" thread or reference to Alien Invasion in current / upcoming movies. I'll puke.

Especially considering the Orson Welles "War of the Worlds" Radio stunt in 1938 or classic B/W from the 50's "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

Klaatu barada nikto.

S&F
edit on 24-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You are right! No doubt this is not our first time in the game.

And each time, it was probably close to the end of that civilization as they knew it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
People think the post-WWII-period is "normal." They have no idea how abnormal that blip of comfort, wealth, security, and freedom was, gauged against the broad sweep of history.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun." ~ King Solomon

"Nothing is new under the sun, except all that we have forgotten" ~ Lazarus Long

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join