It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Insane you say ? I certainly hope so ! Appearing sane amongst the din, decay, and filth that is mankind is a signal of severe mental dysfunction. Being sent mad by the horror of mans existance is a sign of a healthy mind, and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by dude69

Insane you say ? I certainly hope so ! Appearing sane amongst the din, decay, and filth that is mankind is a signal of severe mental dysfunction. Being sent mad by the horror of mans existance is a sign of a healthy mind, and nothing more.

Well you know democracy the majority decides who is sane and who is not.

We have made standards, laws and manuals to determine who is fit to serve our precious system of insanity.

But there are no rules without exception in a world of democracy. The majority rules above the law. If this kids IQ and knowledge can be useful, rules will be bent no matter how this kid turns out.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by Vitchilo

Nice find Vitchilo.

I'm extremely jealous of this young man. I hope he keeps on making new scientific discoveries and tells us lots of scientific things that we don't know about. I wish the very best for this young man.
edit on 24-3-2011 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

This will be one of the biggest problems of this boy's life, jealous people who will oppose him at every turn, simply because he sees things that they can't. that's not directed at you, I'm just illustrating the downside of human nature, and why humanity seems determined to destroy our best and brightest. I hope the people around him can protect him long enough to flourish. we need his mind.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The human mind is truly amazing. We only have explored a fraction of its ability.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

First of all Einstein's theory of relativity is rubbish in the first place. Second of all I've seen kids like this. He might be doing pretty simple stuff now, but he has an interest in the subject and his skills will explode towards the end of high school.

Where can I find his view on the theory?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Was surprised to find out today that he's on Glenn Beck right now. I had a feeling he'd do something like that. lol At least his parents look like nice people

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
this is cute and novel now, while hes a kid. but when he grows up jealous people in the field will hate on him, especially the ones that hang tight to thier or thier master's theories. and worst of all his social impediments will further push him away from humanity as he passes puberty. in his mind this type of thought and disscussion is fun, neccessary, and most importantly logical. to others he will be a nerd, loser, uninteresting, etc....

until his kind has stronger numbers in the population, he will be shunned, and then become an introvert. hopefully for his sake and all of ours, he will be an exception to all these rules. like others have pointed out, tons of dumb people are plastered all over the place, make boatloads of money, and we as a society hold them atop of all pedestals. I remember as a kid going to TAG (talented and gifted) once a week, and when I came back to class, nobody was interested in what I did while I was gone, "how was retard class?" was common fodder. I suspect kids like that in my class grew up to be one in the same as the jackasses in this thread giving a 12 yr old kid grief for being smart.

back on topic:
would love to ask this kid alot of questions, particularly about brown dwarfs.
edit on 30-3-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It is refreshing and encouraging to see that our society may still have a future left. When I watch the kids these days who spend there time watching kim kardashian just bieber and jersey shore, you begin to worry.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This kid did not figure out HAARP,,,,,,I did

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Debunker75
Was surprised to find out today that he's on Glenn Beck right now. I had a feeling he'd do something like that. lol At least his parents look like nice people

Is that really an achievement? Besides, his Mom's been pimiping him all over the place this past week.

Here's the video if you have a sick bag ready. The little guy admits straight off the bat that he has a photographic memory, so we'll have to see if he can do anything other than remember stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

In addition to having a photographic memory he also has a PASSION for math and physics.
Lets wait and see if he invents something mankind really needs.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

In addition to having a photographic memory he also has a PASSION for math and physics.
Lets wait and see if he invents something mankind really needs.

I think he should invent a new kind of board rubber. He and his Mom clearly don't understand that technology yet.

Joking apart, he is now showing up the sections of the educational system which rely on memory alone.
That's why he is racing through the grading systems. He needs better teachers, and definately not his Mom pumping out those videos.

That said, she seemed pretty 'with it' on the TV talk show, and perhaps she's being smart and trying to attract attention to get him the education and developmental support which I suspect the present systems are failing him in.

You could almost invisage a junior version of the Institute For Advanced Study. But one which lets people do better work than when they were 'parked' inside it.

If 'learning' is defined as being able to memorise, then he needs help with the next steps. Perhaps that is what Mom is trying to get through this exposure.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

edit on 2-4-2011 by ommadawn because: Removed duplicate posting of same reply.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by canofnothing

First of all Einstein's theory of relativity is rubbish in the first place. Second of all I've seen kids like this. He might be doing pretty simple stuff now, but he has an interest in the subject and his skills will explode towards the end of high school.

Where can I find his view on the theory?

Let's go back to basics.
Which theory are you all talking about?
The 'Special' or the 'General'.

Which is 'rubbish' and why?
That's just a statement, and needs supporting information to be taken at all seriously.

My understanding is that he has already left High School.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Lol it's probably the most they're capable of doing = 'looking' like nice people. You're right about her pimping him out though it doesn't seem like he's minding it - his ego's already seemingly growing faster than his mind is.

edit on 4/2/2011 by Debunker75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn

So I guess he ran out of paper in his office too huh?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by delicatessen
Are you just a troll or did you GENUINELY think there would be no mathematicians here?

"No, it is only infinity if it has a complex quotient."

Quotient is just a result of a division. Here's a complex quotient for you: 8.54*10^125. It's a FINITE NUMBER. No infinity involved.

"No, it is only infinity if it has...a limit"

Infinity means absence of a limit. How's that for an obvious?

"1/0 by itself does not imply a limit"

And i thought i said 1/0 was infinity. The irony is, this part of your quote, which is BS is contrary to the rest of your quote. saying BS and contradicting it with another BS is mind blowing.

"It is only infinity in certain cases, not all."

This makes no sense, even in relation to the rest of your post.

"How does it "go to infinity" if it cannot converge on anything?"

Numbers converge when they add up to a finite result, limit that is. Now reread your own quote above.

"Again, it can only converge on infinity via limits."

This sounds like new type of math that i never heard of. If something converges there's a limit. If there's a limit- there's no infinity. Limit=/= Infinity.

This was one of the most infantile full of shyt posts that i have ever come across.
edit on 27-3-2011 by delicatessen because: grammatika

Here's a complex quotient for you: 8.54*10^125

For a mathematician, you sure don't know what complex means.

Infinity means absence of a limit. How's that for an obvious?

This argument is either made of straw (likely since you're quote mining and cut out the middle of it to change what I was saying, unless you intended to insert a proper ellipsis (eg [...])) or you don't know what a limit is.

What I intended was that it is only infinity if it is approached by a limit.

And i thought i said 1/0 was infinity.

I suggest reading what I said again, what I said was that 1/0 does not imply that you are taking the limit of lim x>0 1/x.

The irony is, this part of your quote, which is BS is contrary to the rest of your quote. saying BS and contradicting it with another BS is mind blowing.

This is a complete non-sequitur, in fact, I don't even know what you're talking about.

This makes no sense, even in relation to the rest of your post.

It makes perfect sense, in one case, you are dividing by a real number, in another, you are dividing by a limit. What's so hard to understand?

Numbers converge when they add up to a finite result, limit that is. Now reread your own quote above.

Umm, what? Did you read what I said?

This sounds like new type of math that i never heard of.

Yeah, they call it "pre-calculus".

If something converges there's a limit. If there's a limit- there's no infinity. Limit=/= Infinity.

I suggest you take a course in Series then.

This was one of the most infantile full of shyt posts that i have ever come across.

The irony, I suggest you actually study mathematics before you start making claims that other people are wrong.

What really pee's me off is when non-mathematicians have the audacity to claim that others are wrong when they have no idea what they're talking about and act all smug about it.

I suggest you at least finish your GED before pretending to be a mathematician.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Jerry_Teps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Not to mention this whole "complex quotient" had nothing to do with Infinity being Infinite.

Actually it does, you can only get a complex quotient, perhaps I should have said complex infinity? However, this is not completely accurate, in the same way you say that the square root of x is plus or minus n, not just n, I would have thought a mathematician could have figured this out, I guess not.

I bet the guy did just that. Sorry, but if you dont know math, Wiki won't help. It's good for BS-ing your way through, say, history debates.

Says they guy who doesn't understand what complex numbers are.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Again when numbers converge they add up to a whole. When something keeps adding and adding TO INFINITY there's no talk of this "whole" - nothing converges. By his "math", something converges when it goes to infinity.

But... It... Does... Not... Converge... That was my entire point! Did you not read what I said?

As for the "complex number" there was no talk of complex numbers.

Then I suggest you gain some literacy skills.

He meant to say that ONLY results of POLYNOMIAL RATIOS which he described as "COMPLEX QUOTIENT" approach infinity.

Not at all, the fact that I'm debating this with you proves you have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

"Complex quotient" is just a random result of division.

No, it is a quotient that is complex, even if you don't understand math, I would expect that you'd understand English.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join