It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+103 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That is awesome! Maybe this kid is the reincarnation of Einstein... who knows.

Autistic boy,12, with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

A 12-year-old child prodigy has astounded university professors after grappling with some of the most advanced concepts in mathematics.

Jacob Barnett has an IQ of 170 - higher than Albert Einstein - and is now so far advanced in his Indiana university studies that professors are lining him up for a PHD research role.

The boy wonder, who taught himself calculus, algebra, geometry and trigonometry in a week, is now tutoring fellow college classmates after hours.

And now Jake has embarked on his most ambitious project yet - his own 'expanded version of Einstein's theory of relativity'.

According to the Indiana Star, Institute astrophysics professor Scott Tremaine -himself a world renowned expert - confirmed the authenticity of Jake's theory.

Jake was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome, a mild form of autism, from an early age.

He's already going to university and ahead of everyone... Hopefully he finds some answers and get a Nobel prize in physics!

Here's himself on video :

edit on 24-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Rothschilds will have him on the payroll by age 15. The Rockefellers may try to bid higher, that is if the Russian mafia doesn't get to him first.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Always amazing to see what the human mind is capable of, in cases with Aspergers syndrome and Autism where the savant aspect shows up is always fascinating.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Reminds me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory. Sorry, I had to say that

+56 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sensational, it's people like this who should be on footballers wages. The people who can really make a difference.

Sometimes a second line is needed, sometimes it's not.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We can only imagine what this boy will accomplish by the time he reaches the age that Einstein developed his theory of relativity. That is if he continues to learn and study at the rate he is now. Let's just hope he uses his brain for good and doesn't develop the tools for the next super weapons.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Prediction...

Total burnout by 19 and dead before 30....

Hope I'm wrong and this kid sets the world ablaze

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I heard this on our local news and its an amazing story! You get a lot of scientists with that disease. A part of their brain is more enhanced and I believe most of them have problems with communication. This kid is going to be a a prodigy.

link   
Interesting news, can't wait to see what comes of this in the next few years. Who knows, maybe we will finally have a 'theory of everything'

Theory of Everything

link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
Sensational, it's people like this who should be on footballers wages. The people who can really make a difference.

You do know what that would do right? Spoil people like him like Paris Hilton and it would completely destroy them. Money is not some kind of ``savior``... Better for him to get a regular salary then to get 10-20 million/year.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Crazy stuff.

I love it when kids spit out knowledge. I think he could have success as a teacher because he doesn't have a lifetime of frustration, failure, anger, and all the other symptoms of humanity that I feel obscure the larger picture.

edit: His dog's name is Igor!! How fitting...

Here is more:

edit on 3/24/11 by Tharsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I kind of agree with what you're saying e.g. footballers spoil the game with their on/off-field antics and think they're untouchable.

I just think that science is not rewarded enough for the younger generations to be attracted to it.

Yeah okay I agree, throwing money at people wouldn't be the answer but other more sensible & attractive incentives should be given to give Science that much needed boost it needs.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
When I see "autistic" kids/people such as this I can't help but think how could they possible communicate "normally" with the pop culture, whose collective intellect they passed at age 5. I'm no genius, possibly retarded compared to this kid, and I have a hard time even being around so many people, no less actually having a conversation I think isn't insane drivel.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Amazing, if you follow the youtube video to the channel (of the lads mother) There's a doccumentary on there

www.youtube.com...=455

^^there

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Prediction...

Total burnout by 19 and dead before 30....

Hope I'm wrong and this kid sets the world ablaze

I hope that is not the case, it is exactly what happened to my cousin who was at M.I.T. at the time and 15 years old, he committed suicide. He was very introverted and couldn't relate to the outside world, he lived in his own. If memory serves his IQ was around 170.

This young 12 year old seems to be more out going which is to his advantage, I hope his parents are protecting him and also encouraging some type of normal life.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
HA! In 2 of his videos, he explains how the Charlie Chaplin time traveller video is possible

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow that is really incredible.... I think... ha, in that video, he could be just writing down random numbers and saying random things and I would never know the difference.

Seriously though, I am going to look this kid up on google and see what else I can learn about him. Too cool.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I dont even know what this kid is talking about! For all I know he just insulted me twice
!!

I hope he can help make some big changes around this planet!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I have always thought about people with high IQ's to this extent. Its always made me wonder if these people are indeed "purposely" delivered in order to allow humanity to make the next "jump" so to speak. These types of people are rare, and seem to appear at intervals throughout human history.

Everytime we gather momentum for scientific advancement, there always seems to be a person or few who crop up to plug some of the holes to complete the picture.

Either or, reminds me of this scene - Jump to time index 03:20

edit on 24-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Nice find Vitchilo.

I'm extremely jealous of this young man. I hope he keeps on making new scientific discoveries and tells us lots of scientific things that we don't know about. I wish the very best for this young man.
edit on 24-3-2011 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join