It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Silver Go!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Watched the video. I really don't follow business or the economy but with the developments in the past few years I have been trying to glean the info I can understand inorder to at least be prepared.

This gentleman said "The house is already on fire..."

So why doesn't our elected gov't do something? How can we just let this happen and not take steps to defuse it before it destroys our country entirely??? And it would not just be the US, but a domino effect world wide, one economy tanks and bam, another, bam, another, this is craziness.

Do we have super denial going on in the WH or is it just our puppet leader taking orders from the bankers to let it happen? I am glad ATS has people that ARE concerned and are letting others know that this is happening now.

Grow your own food, stockpile your pantry, buy a weapon to protect your family, have an emergency plan and pack some things Just In Case...That's what I'm doing...jeez...who are these people in charge of our economy?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by kybertech

Thanks for your input.

I quite agree with your statement and yes these would be in extreme times.

I posted this in another thread and thought it was interesting enough for here also.

What I find interesting is not really the message (Although there are many that adhere to this school of thought) but rather the source. This man is no fool.

Quite simply he states that those holding paper/bonds will lose and the winners will be holders of physical in both forms.

Anyway, it's always to take into consideration everything we can.

Wow that video made he situation alot more scary for me. As he seems to be someone who has a good head on his shoulders. i just wish i could get my dad to realise that the money he has saved over a life time work held up in bonds and such will be losing its value.(atleast thats what im thinking is going to happen) its got me really worried for my parents. there the type that believe in all the Gov BS i thinks its because of the time period they grew up in
edit on 8-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Looks like I missed my window on Friday and it's going to cost. 37.49 US right now.

Was waiting Friday for near closing, had something come up and missed it. Damn!

On a positive note, There will be some are happy that the doom n' gloom they anticipated didn't happen and silver is recovering nicely.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm not convinced the move up is solid yet. I'm not in a hurry to buy more silver, so I will wait until later this week to see what happens...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
I'm not convinced the move up is solid yet. I'm not in a hurry to buy more silver, so I will wait until later this week to see what happens...

Don't know but it seems to be slow and steady. I waited last week, and lost.

Gonna pee myself here this week. lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

I definitely grabbed about 20 maple leafs right at the open today. We are going up, up and away

I think of right now being the best buying opportunity since silver was $4/oz. Im hoping the lid stays on until I get my bonus in a few weeks, but I'm seeing about 1% gains the rest of the days this week and a big friday bump. As I have said over and over again, fridays are when the big hedge funds buy their silver.

Anyone know when this weeks margin hike is?

Please don't take this as investment advice

edit on 9-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Interesting point on whether silver is a bubble.
zerohedge

Lately, everyone and their grandmother speaks with 100% conviction that over the past week what happened in the silver market was nothing but a speculative bubble popping. After all, 5 consecutive margin hikes would mean that uber-levered terrorist speculators must have been scrambling with the urgency of an E-trade baby checking his voicemail and getting 99 margin call messages. So certain seems to be conventional wisdom in this allegation that nobody appears to have even checked the facts. Well, we did. For that we went to the usual place that provides a definitive breakdown of speculative indications: the CFTC's Commitment of Traders report, and specifically the non-commercial specs which after netting shorts from longs would be expected to be at some parabolically unseen level ever in the history of the CFTC. Much to our surprise we found this...

Chart

Yes: according to the CFTC, the level of non-speculative net longs in silver is, in the week ending May 3, at the lowest since July 28, 2009. So while one could speculate that silver may have been in some pseudo-bubble back in October 2010, when net specs hit over 50,000 contracts, the most recent reading of 23,354, which is merely the latest in a downward sloping trend starting in February, alas throws a lot of very cold water over the whole silver bubble popping thesis.

And yes, going forward we urge readers to always check with primary sources such flamboyant claims as those uttered every single day by the CNBC peanut gallery about record this and bubble that. Oddly enough, nobody on CNBC will ever mention that the one true bubble continues to be in stocks, where the net speculative leverage on the NYSE as expressed by surging margin debt total and declining positive investor net worth, is at the second lowest ever, meaning investors are more levered into the beta rally than just one time in history: the very peak of the credit/housing bubble in 2007!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Nice find but what's your take on it?

Curious to see what others are thinking about this "Bubble" theory.

Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
As a Newb when it comes to this things (though i think i know what "they" are doing) i think TPTB just sold all their Paper (bringing the Prices crashing down so to speak) and got completely physical...they are finished with the Dollar. It can only go up now...

This Post reflects my Gut-Feelings and Knowledge and should not be taken as an Advice to buy or sell,you have been warned!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by stephinrazin

Nice find but what's your take on it?

Curious to see what others are thinking about this "Bubble" theory.

Thanks!

Silver price being parabolic or bubble is an uneducated nonsense

■ As I mentioned in my other posts, the view of silver price being parabolic or bubble an uneducated nonsense.
■ In 1982, silver reached high US$50/oz and a 18oz box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes cost US$1.25.
■ Today (2011), a 12oz box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes costs US$3.79. Can anyone bring back the same price?

edit on 5/9/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because:  grammar

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon It (silver) can only go up now...

That's what a lot of folks thought two or three weeks ago - right before it fell 30%.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That's what a lot of folks thought two or three weeks ago - right before it fell 30%.

Well, I don't know what others are thinking but I like this slow rise.

The Meteoric rise was exciting and made for a lot of speculation but the slow "UP" is more to my liking.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

Most of us got very suspicious right as silver went parabolic-ish.

With the J.P. Morgue at the helm, you knew something was going to go down.

Luckily I called the bottom, and physical is selling at the true spot price of $45, and the same tactics won't work again

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

The decoupling of physical and paper has been happening for a while. There will reach a point where the paper will become unconnected with the price on the street. I don't know when, but eventually it will happen.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Couple days ago I bought Central Fund of Canada (CEF New York)
The Central Fund of Canada is a fund that holds gold, silver, and platinum. The advantage of this fund to a normal ETF is that it is a closed-end fund so it trades above and below its Net Asset Value. Most ETFs trade at their net asset value. Right now, CEF is trading at an 8.5 percent discount to Net Asset Value.This means that CEF is trading 8.5 percent below what it is really worth. These discounts usually happen at bottoms in the precious metals market. The last time CEF traded at this big of a discount was 2001 when gold bottomed at $250 an ounce.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The last time CEF traded at this big of a discount was 2001 when gold bottomed at $250 an ounce.

So what is this telling you?

Curious.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Oh look, the mutterings of teh Bernanke and cronies, already considered a form of light humor by most, are about to become even more irrelevant.

So full of win.

HKMex Begins Trading 1KG Gold Futures on May 18; Physical Delivery in Hong Kong
May 10th, 2011

Via: Commodity Online:

The Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange (HKMEx) has received authorisation from the Securities and Futures Commission and will make its trading debut on May 18, 2011 with the 1-kilo gold futures contract offered in US dollars with physical delivery in Hong Kong.

The ATS authorisation grants HKMEx the right to offer market participants, through its member firms, the use of its state-of-the-art electronic platform to trade commodities. The Exchange will begin trading with at least 16 members including some of the world’s largest financial institutions as well as several well-established brokerages in Hong Kong.

“We are very excited about this historic day. It allows us to establish a liquid and vibrant international commodities exchange based in Hong Kong, linking China with the rest of Asia and the world,” said Barry Cheung, chairman of HKMEx. “Global demand for core commodities has in recent years been driven by Asia, especially China and India. However, market participants in the region have had to rely on Western exchanges for price discovery, bearing the basis risk exposure in the process. Our new platform will offer Asia a bigger say in setting global commodity prices. It will also enable market participants to more actively manage their risk exposures, using products tailored to Asian market needs.”

Source:
www.commodityonline.com...
edit on 5/10/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Precious metals normally hit lows during the
usual summer doldrums of trading. This occurred in 2002, 2004, 2006,
2007, and 2010. After this summer bottom, the market begins to rally.
Any trading should be short term. Buy on pullbacks; bail out with smaller profits.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

/Tinfoil Hat on
You missunderstood me
The Price has to go down for the Elite to buy up Physical (after the "little Guys" sold everything in a Panic)

I doubt there will be another Crash now that they are finished...the only way is up,until the Dollar crashes...and they won´t care,since they got everything they wanted now.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Couple days ago I bought Central Fund of Canada (CEF New York) The Central Fund of Canada is a fund that holds gold, silver, and platinum. The advantage of this fund to a normal ETF is that it is a closed-end fund so it trades above and below its Net Asset Value

No kidding, I was looking into them (I'm a western New Yorker, I set up a meeting)

You gotta love the 99.5% physical inventory and their demeanor.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join