It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Silver Go!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

agree-qe3announcement=sky-high

but-its-goin-down-first/till-then

edit on 12-5-2011 by cpdaman because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by cpdaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

You have a very strange way of typing lol

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

spacebar-just-broke-lol

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

spacebar-just-broke-lol

How the hell does a space bar break?

That's a new one. LOL

Little angry at the market perhaps?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
why....im-makin$

www.bloomberg.com...:IND

knockin-on-big-commoditys-slides-door

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
w-record-margin-debt......dollar...breakin...resistance.....may...soon....bring..equities..down...hardddddddd

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
bought 8 oz of old US coins 2 days ago. cant wait to look through them!

Just building up that silver

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
REAL spot price (physical) is selling for $42.64

you guys do realize spot price means little anymore, and soon will mean nothing?

Im sure you guys know that, but I wonder how long the sheeple will be entranced by the spot price?
What if silver is selling for $80 but spot is $47? Will they wake up then?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
Interesting move today. The gap low - then failed at the top of the gap - finished down. SLV was up about 80 cents after hours.

I have identified a couple of interesting things.

1 ) Since the beginning of this huge run last Sept. we are exactly at the 50 percent retracement ( shown in picture )

2 ) We violated the longer-term trendline earlier this afternoon (shown in yellow )

3 ) We have 1 more major trendline lining up a couple of dollars down from here ( shown in green )

At the top of the gap I bought a MAY 32 PUT around 2:00 pm today as I also believed the EURUSD was topping out. It expires in 8 days but I believe I got it at a good price ( .85 ) and I also believe that EURUSD has one more big move down before the end of next week.

Depending on what happens I will probably be selling my put back to the market and buying a high out of the money call if we get back to this other trendline identified in the chart. A high OTM Call is one that is much higher than the current price. So I will basically be buying it for very cheap and hoping I can at least accumulate some premium as I still can't call silver dead yet. Just a gut feeling that we are going to go higher still ( 50+ ) even though I am currently betting against it in the short term.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff18cb5c5328.png[/atsimg]

I closed my put earlier this afternoon. Probably should have closed it EOD Thursday, but didn't. I think next week catches many by surprise when the dollar moves down, EUR USD moves up and US Equity markets turn around to the plus side.

I am long

SLV May 36 Call

QQQ May 60 Call

Both expiring Friday.

We bounced off the long term trend in silver and it seems to me that US Equity markets are in a consolidation on the weekly scale. We ended ugly on the week which probably scared many. Usually the best time to get back in.

Best Wishes

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
were-goin-down-this-week

and....bullish..sentiment/indicators....are..high....just...like..margin..debt.

euro:usd......fallin.........

www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-5-2011 by cpdaman because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2011 by cpdaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
REAL spot price (physical) is selling for $42.64

you guys do realize spot price means little anymore, and soon will mean nothing?

Im sure you guys know that, but I wonder how long the sheeple will be entranced by the spot price?
What if silver is selling for $80 but spot is $47? Will they wake up then?

This is wrong.

Real spot price is spot.

Price for physical is much higher on pieces less than 1000oz.

It's like paying $20 retail for a t-shirt or $2 for a few hundred of the same t-shirt.

Check tulving.com - spot+.50 cents.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Euro up, Dollar down - equity markets DOWN - Metals DOWN

Backwards day today. That can only mean one thing. And I don't know the answer. I'm going to pack things up and head out until the picture is clearer.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Backwards day today. That can only mean one thing. And I don't know the answer. I'm going to pack things up and head out until the picture is clearer.

Look for me on the next acreage over. I'm the little guy with the big antennae sticking out of my hut. lol

Yup, little confusing these days but what can ya do? Ride, Ride, Ride IMO

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

means-big-equity..risk-asset..weakness...today.....masked...by..euro...bouncin-its-head-off-floor

euro...is...due...for...a....real....beatdown...just...need..a..fart..outta...somewhere

edit on 16-5-2011 by cpdaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Do you spend so much money on silver that you can't afford another keyboard? find me a cheap usb keyboard and i'll buy it for you. lol

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
lol.....im...gettin..1..wednesday!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by cpdaman

Do you spend so much money on silver that you can't afford another keyboard? find me a cheap usb keyboard and i'll buy it for you. lol

Hell, you can find them for free at the local land fill. LOL

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Apmex has start selling Fractional silver coins. I've been waiting for these, because when paper money goes worthless these will be easier to use than 90% silver coins. They are all .999 purity and come in 1/10, 1/4 and 1/2 ounces.

APMEX

*Tin foil hat on*- maybe the price of silver is going to begin it's final ascent upwards soon and people will be clamoring for silver, no matter how small the fraction?

Afterall Honk Kong is opening up their own precious metal exchange on wednesday

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Very interesting indeed. When the big guys start dropping paper...

Eric Sprott:

There is only 33 million ounces of physical silver that is available for delivery by the commercial shorters. If something like 3% of the people that were trading silver in one day demanded physical delivery, there would be no silver on the Comex

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join