It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Silver Go!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Those are crazy expensive.

I'd buy them if they were only slightly more than 1oz rounds, but that's just ridiculous.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Your right, mark up is nearly 100%! I found a much cheaper site for fractional silver:

www.goldenstatemint.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Good documentary with mike maloney and ron paul and some other guys. 1 hour long all about gold and silver and inflation and currency goodness.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, I have to say that the market has gotten...boring? I was more excited with the crazy ups and downs than this long drawn out stable period.

C'mon! Do something dammit!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I got something for ya Jude:

The Hong Kong exchange is going to open up the silver trade in July

a couple points:

A silver contract will start trading in July. To capitalize on growing investor demand for China's gradually strengthening currency, a yuan-denominated gold futures contract will launch in the autumn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

The Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange is betting that it will benefit from its proximity to mainland China to drive trading volume. Hong Kong is a special administrative region of China with its own financial system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

The new exchange's 15-hours trading day will overlap with US and European trading hours, which exchange officials say will encourage cross-continent trading and boost liquidity.

Business week

Patience. In hindsight this waiting will seem like nothing.
we'll get there
edit on 20-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Skerrako

Very interesting indeed. When the big guys start dropping paper...

Eric Sprott:

There is only 33 million ounces of physical silver that is available for delivery by the commercial shorters. If something like 3% of the people that were trading silver in one day demanded physical delivery, there would be no silver on the Comex

Sprott sold paper to buy more physical for his silver mutual fund.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by derickonfire

Well, when you deal with tonnes instead of ounces and lbs, these are the guys to watch.

It's a very interesting move.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Good documentary with mike maloney and ron paul and some other guys. 1 hour long all about gold and silver and inflation and currency goodness.

Gonna watch that tonight. Never seen it but it sounds intriguing.

Thanks!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Gold, silver coins to be legal currency in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Utah legislators want to see the dollar regain its former glory, back to the days when one could literally bank on it being "as good as gold."
To make that point, they've turned it around, and made gold as good as cash. Utah became the first state in the country this month to legalize gold and silver coins as currency. The law also will exempt the sale of the coins from state capital gains taxes.
Craig Franco hopes to cash in on it with his Utah Gold and Silver Depository, and he thinks others will soon follow.
The idea is simple: Store your gold and silver coins in a vault, and Franco issues a debit-like card to make purchases backed by your holdings.
He plans to open for business June 1, likely the first of its kind in the country.
hosted.ap.org...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Gold, silver coins to be legal currency in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Utah legislators want to see the dollar regain its former glory, back to the days when one could literally bank on it being "as good as gold."
To make that point, they've turned it around, and made gold as good as cash. Utah became the first state in the country this month to legalize gold and silver coins as currency. The law also will exempt the sale of the coins from state capital gains taxes.
Craig Franco hopes to cash in on it with his Utah Gold and Silver Depository, and he thinks others will soon follow.
The idea is simple: Store your gold and silver coins in a vault, and Franco issues a debit-like card to make purchases backed by your holdings.
He plans to open for business June 1, likely the first of its kind in the country.
hosted.ap.org...

Interesting. I wonder what will happen when Silver rises? Or falls? Who does it benefit? Are the cards issued at a flat buy or does the balance increase with the market? Or decrease?

Curious.
edit on 22-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There are price guides available. Some are online and updated daily. Othes can be faxed or emailed to retailers
an example:
www.numismedia.com...
I'm sure others services are available.
fyi

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
reply to post by jude11

There are price guides available. Some are online and updated daily. Othes can be faxed or emailed to retailers
an example:
www.numismedia.com...
I'm sure others services are available.
fyi

So the service will value your account on real-time coin value based on these guides? Are you sure?

Most of those guides are numismatic, and have nothing to do with gold/silver weight.

How are they going to track all the individual coins?

I am guessing it's based simply off of weight - so then what kind of premium is the service going to charge? I am guessing it's very high and probably not worth it.. interesting to say the least.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by derickonfire

I see your point.
The first person to come up with a workable solution
and a marketing plan to reach retailers could make some change

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
up nearly 8% in two days?

Silver, Bitchezz

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

Silver, Bitchezz

(highfives you) (buys $5 walmart champaigne and sprays it all over his monitor)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
youtu.be...
Currencies of the world can't afford to let the values of precious metals get out of hand.
Is this why silver fell so hard recently?
Seems like every time silver starts to move up in value it is struck back down only to start moving back up again and be struck back down.
What a roller coaster ride.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by Skerrako

Silver, Bitchezz

while eating crackers with cheeze whiz on his silver platter

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Saving the good stuff for $100 silver

But really, this mini breakout looks good, I doubt we will break 41, hopefully it can maintain over the $37.50 level until friday.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have never been a man of prayer but...

I'm a gonna start! lol

Great day!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Whats funny is that over the last month and a half here in Spain a lot of the gold buying stores have added silver to the list.So now the adds say ORO y plata (silver).
My wife laughed when I told her because I've been telling her about silver for a few months now, I never really talked to her about it before.
Also I jogged by a shop near Sol where the demonstrations are and saw in a window of a shop 50% off plata (silver). This made me think as always "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH SILVER ?"
She's such an elusive lady
can never get a straight story out of her.
She'll have her day though.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join