It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Silver Go!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
reply to post by camaro68ss

Thanks I'll start searching.
The funny thing is I noticed this thread a few weeks ago and started thinking about just putting 500 euros into it and see what happens. So I started watching videos, reading and following the charts. I didn't buy anything because it went from mid 30's to almost 50 and I thought I blew it because I was thinking it would keep going up.To make a long story short I noticed all the old pots and pans in my restaurant that I used daily were not quite the same look as some other metals and then I noticed the crown mark and found a video that showed what to look for with the marks.For 2 weeks I had silver fever and right under my nose...........

Thats a really cool story. You hit the Jackpot and did not even know it. Dont worry, silver will shot back up in no time. remember your trying to keep and store your wealth, silver and gold will do that fiat paper WILL fail, it always has in the history of mankind

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Silver is a long term investment.With the ways people are consuming it through electronics, fibers in clothes, etc each day makes it rarer.
I was reading that since the chinese have become more modern on a larger scale there consumption is high.More chinese want these modern techs and silver is in a lot of these products so inevitably the price will go up due to demand and supply.
Also the gold to silver ratio in the world doesn't reflect their values proportionally.
I think silver is very undervalued.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If silver reflected gold proportionally to what is thought to be out there (above and below) then silver should be at a 100 p/oz right now.Along with the consumption with less and less and the useful abilities of the metal makes it valuable more and more each day.The markets say different though.Very curious things going on when the data says the opposite.I figure it's just market manipulation. Golds only use is to store value and nothing else.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Are these pans made of sterling silver? That is 92.5% silver, so if you have a pot that weighs 10 ounces it has more than 9 ounces of silver in it.

I would definitely try to track down a silver dealer and try to figure out exactly what you've got. Even with the 'correction' silver is still trading at $35/oz right now. You could have some substantial value there....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

Not sure I haven't brought them any where just yet.I just figured all this out 2 days ago. Just boxing them up and putting them away for now.There is a silver smith close by that I can bring a piece of the collection to and find out.I would expect sterling but you never know.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Im thinking of getting another 20 oz of eagles but ill wipe myself out for the month.... IDK what to do
I dont think we will see these lows ever again

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Market price may have came down but I just used that goldshark site and the cheapest place that sell American Eagle silver coin still sells it for $39.21

I think I will wait a little longer

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I have a 401k and i stopped it about a month ago and putting that money into PM every month. You ahead of the game. 16oz is a good start, you got to start somewhere. Make sure you have it in your hand when you buy and store it in a safe place.

You will be feeling good when your holding your bars, coins in your hand and silver is at $60 in December or more.

Unfortunately I made my first purchase online.. for a dollar or two higher than I should've, but I'll find a local place soon. About what percentage of PM to 401k/Savings are you hoping to achieve?

I like that I can get 6 rounds, 5 1oz bars and a 5oz bar for the 16oz. It makes investing fun

Originally posted by LS650
Hey, that's 16 ounces more than most people have. Just put a little money aside each payday, and when you have enough to buy silver, hit the local dealer (if you have one) or order online.

One of the biggest frustrations I face is that there are no good dealers of bullion near me, so I have to order online, and a lot of online places ask that you place a minimum order such as a roll of 20 oz or a $1000.

I was thinking I would do 1/4th or 1/6th of what I have in savings put towards PM. Same question to you, what percent are you going for, for PM:Savings?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

yeah same boat, 20%-25%. With the bars and Eagles i also have about 20oz of american pre-1965 90% silver coins. Those are fun! My fav is my 1899 Morgan silver Dollar New Orleans Mint "O" Its nearly MS.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Would the fact that it's in near mint condition raise it's value? or does the value that it already has from silver content pretty much make it a non-issue? Also, did you pay much more for the condition it was in, compared to the value of the silver?

I was a coin collecting nerd when I was very young..but the fad passed quickly. I only equated face value of the coin + condition, because I didn't see the potential value in the metals used

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by A por uvas

Honestly, if I were you, I'd just hold onto those pots as is. Because that could wind up being worth a lot of money by the end of the year (I'd hold longer than that) and thieves looking for loot are not likely to consider stealing your pots and pans. It's the best disguise for silver I've ever heard of.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

I bought a hoard of coins a few years back that never seen the light of day. the guy was hoarding them for their silver value at the time. The guy was a ww2 vet (85-90 years old) so he had them for a long time. In the bag i got was the morgan doller and a few other nice coins. Franklin D 1963 error DD was among a few of them. But this hoard had wonderful strikes in it.

Yes people will buy the coins for a mark up if its in MS state or better. I just like to hold something in my hand thats 112 years old that still in great shape!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

I agree. Last year someone broke into the restaurant and stole my flat screen off the wall along with a few bottles of wine and a few other small items but all the things in the kitchen were still there.I'm just going to finish boxing them up and store them in a safe and secure place.If the SHTF and it's needed then perfect but I don't plan on doing anything with them.I want to get some coins and bars.Those sound like fun.I don't know what it is but with metal or coins has always been around me.When I was in diapers my aunts would say that they would always hear me coming because I would search the couches for change and when I would find some I would put it in my diaper so you could hear the clanking of change in my diaper.Well at least they knew if they changed my diaper they would get paid.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by A por uvas

So I guess you know not to invite any of us from this thread to dinner right? We can sniff out silver. lol

Kidding but nice score.

Good Luck!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You're invited to dinner and I'm buying but the only problem is I'm in Europe.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Call me crazy, but I'm calling this bearish slide over with. Along with the insider info I got earlier, check THIS out

really? no stars on being right?

Jeeze a pat on the back would be awesome

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

joking ..
?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Found this interesting and wondering what others are thinking?

The Final Fight

dont-tread-on.me...

This is the final fight of of physical and paper silver, so hold the line and get ready to take it to the enemy. The Elite have literally thrown everything they have at the silver markets to try to make silver investors weak in the knees and cry uncle. Like a bully trying to take your lunch money by twisting your arm. This can only end one of two ways; you give up and the banksters laugh or you stand up and say enough!

I for one am happy that this is as rapid as it is, rip the band aid off so that we can get back to the bull market that is still in place. The silver bears were screaming that this was a bubble when silver went up 25% over a month but when the market goes down 30% in 4 days that is normal? Puhleeze! How about the registered inventory dropping like a rock? It is actually worse than this graph from April 19th. It is now around 33 million ounces. Why have the Banksters covered 26 Million ounces of silver on the mini bear raid last Monday? How many ounces will they cover this week?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Found this interesting and wondering what others are thinking?

The Final Fight

dont-tread-on.me...

It's the other side of the coin, meaning this is one example of illusionist aganda into the other side.
Just because there is less silver available usable for hoarding than Gold doesn't mean it's rarity is greater.
The real ratio is closer to 1:3 - 1:5. Silver just isn't rarer than Gold period.

Even more silver isn't as suited to be used for barter than Gold. It is easier to fake, corrodes and most importantly has less history to be used as such.

That said the this is it, the last train, etc is again wishful thinking. From a gold POV there rarly was any drop.
There are only 2 options for silver now, either it continues with the same pace (but no rebound and to the moon behaviour) or we have a bottom for a few months like in 2008.
edit on 8-5-2011 by kybertech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kybertech

Thanks for your input.

I quite agree with your statement and yes these would be in extreme times.

I posted this in another thread and thought it was interesting enough for here also.

What I find interesting is not really the message (Although there are many that adhere to this school of thought) but rather the source. This man is no fool.

Quite simply he states that those holding paper/bonds will lose and the winners will be holders of physical in both forms.

Anyway, it's always to take into consideration everything we can.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join