It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists' research warns humanity may be facing 'vortex of death'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Single and only source. I say this is fake and the writer is marketing his article, a very sensationalist, but amateurish article.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by RUSSO

It's real. We are the Body Electric - and magnetic disruptions interfere with many of our functions - brain (thinking, emotions), heart, even digestion. Evidence shows that incidence spikes for strokes, heart attacks, heart failure and psychiatric issues in periods 24 hours before and after solar storms strike - when low frequency, ELF and ULF waves hit the Earth's magnetic field.

...It might be the frequencies themselves or the micro-variations, but there's no doubt about the link - to health AND seismic activity.

S&F&

Then how long has this latest Solar event been going already..?

Because I have been insane for a long, long time now.. ;D

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why do we think we are so detached from the Universe around us?

The brain relies on electrical signals to function. Get a strong magnetic (something) and it can interfere with that.

I think there may be something to it, but without controlled tests with repeatable results, it doesn't pass as science, though I do not doubt phenomena that is beyond currently understanding can be observed and recorded.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I'm usually very open to all sorts of theories and what not but... this is a load of crap!!! correlation does not mean causation!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Hmm... Solar Energy affecting human behavior? Sounds like a good Sci Fi Flick...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Terrence Aym has learned well from Sorcha Faal.

Throw a little bit of fact around then bring on the crap.

Wheeler related human cycles to weather cycles, not sunspots, not 11 year cycles. His weather predictions weren't very accurate. But he would have fit right in at ATS. He postulated a 100 year cycle of four climates:
Cold-Dry
Warm-Wet
Warm-Dry
Cold-Wet

He said that the Cold-Dry (occuring at the time) would end around 2000 A.D., giving way to the warm-wet part of the cycle. What did he say were the characteristics of the transition from cold-dry to warm-wet?

Weather is coldest during the cold-dry phase. Near the end of the cold-dry phase, societies become stabilized by strong leadership, reformed governments, and a revival of nationalism. The wars in this phase are expansionary and imperialistic. The transition from the cold-dry to the following warm-wet period is characterized by a revival of learning, burgeoning genius, industrial revolution, and bountiful crops. Human behavior is improved by the high energy level

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...~

I won't argue about whether or not a "Golden Age" has been developing over the past 10 years or so or if it will continue for the next 15. But Dr. Wheeler certainly didn't say we're headed for a "vortex of death". Not for a while at least.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Very right. In the end we are still in control of ourselves. People shouldn't blame poor behaviors to external influences.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I would have laughed before Jan 31st 2010. Then all kinds of crazy stuff started happening. Science is on both sides of the Sun. Just as many will say this cycle will be a mild one.

While I am not like 1 or 2 of the posters on this thread that think they are in the know on this being crap, I have to go with what I see and feel in my own body. Maybe Graham Hancock is right. Electromagnetism has an effect on the brain and may be the change that the Maya and Hopi saw coming. Yeah Im Feeling ya!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
It's not a vortex of death
We are being pulled into a vortex of stupidity

It's stupidity that makes us stupid

Sun activity and magnetic fields trigger our worse/best istinct and clearly interfering in human behavior.

"Stupidity" is only a common word to identify a mass of actions and humans behaviors.

edit on 24-3-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

All the better for awareness no? We can't live on this planet forever.

Not in your wildest dreams

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Mucho kudos for the vortex of death thread. ZOMG!!! Seriously this has to be the best label of a catastrophe I have ever heard.

RUSSO FTW!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BackandtothelefT

Did you read the last part of his/her post? I think they were being sarcastic!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noscible
So, basically, solar activity can be used to measure 'that time of month' for the whole of mankind? Is this what we're talking about here? The period of our species?

If so, it would be the pre-menstrual period of time before actual menstruation. Ladies tend to chill once the old egg is on it's way out. So by this logic, we are about to experience a cleansing and renewal of the earth. If you consider the physiology of the menstruation process, you realize it is actually a very violent and tumultuous one. Tumultuous violence on a global scale... wicked.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Things have been wierd in this world for along time now. Hopefully it will be almost over.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
2012 is not about ANYTHING.

Good lord people, do some research outside of crazyland before you post this stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Damn it this is ATS!! What is this half ass 'vortex of death' name doing up here? It is not up to our standards.
I demand you change it to 'apocalyptic vortex of super doom'
edit on 24-3-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have it! Indiana Jones And The Vortex Of Death™
Marie! Get me Harrison on the phone! We can probably bang out one more Indy® film
before Harrison is too old to swing on his whip!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

There is little consolation seeing what I have been saying and writing for years now is being said and written about by so many others.

We knew what was coming even when I was a child and if you think "Water World" was all fantasy, just wait a few more years.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Personally I have noticed a difference, when the sun is rising in the mornings, yesterday it looked biblical while I was going for the bus to go to work.

How does the Sun look Biblical?
Can you explain a "Biblical Sun" please?

In advance, thanks.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lo7s3v3n7ol

Originally posted by Noscible
So, basically, solar activity can be used to measure 'that time of month' for the whole of mankind? Is this what we're talking about here? The period of our species?

If so, it would be the pre-menstrual period of time before actual menstruation. Ladies tend to chill once the old egg is on it's way out. So by this logic, we are about to experience a cleansing and renewal of the earth. If you consider the physiology of the menstruation process, you realize it is actually a very violent and tumultuous one. Tumultuous violence on a global scale... wicked.

Either that, or we get invaded by a huge sanitary product.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join