It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

I read your story and i seen what every body has said about gays and i have friends that are gay and from what i have seen and read i don't think it's right what people are saying about being gay. If you want to be gay i think they should stay out of other peoples business i don't have any thing to say bad about people being gay i just think that being gay is a natural part of life. And if it makes you happy then thats good for you and your partner good luck and hope to talk to you soon again.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

Don't you think playing music too loud is a little different than expressing who you are as a person? Who are you or anyone else to tell people they can't express themselves?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by babygirl27

Very good post glad to see not everyone is filled with hate these days...people love to come on here and preach about how immoral and ungodly being gay is and yet judge others constantly like theres nothing wrong with that. We are all here sharing the earth theres no point in hating anyone. We will only better our planet when we come together as brothers and sisters of the human race which we are ALL a part of. If gay people are as evil as you all make them out to be why then did God let them exist he knows all does he not? They surely have a purpose then correct?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Nobody cares what you do or what you like until you force it on everyone by deliberately acting different for no other reason than to claim to be martyrs. Shut up and do what you want and do it like the rest of us behind closed doors and guess what..... Problem solved.

And no one cares about the opinion of a person on a forum. Why not keep THAT behind closed doors?

The fact of the matter is, when religious nuts stop trying to shove their religious beliefs down the throats of every other free citizen, then and only then will people be free enough to not have to make sexuality an issue!

I am sick to death of Christians, Mormons, Jews and whatever else manipulating law and the freedoms we are all born with in an attempt to FORCE their opinions on me as a gay man. It is none of their business who I sleep with, and it makes no difference to their lives whether I am allowed to legally marry or not.

As a tax-paying citizen I demand the right to live my life how I see fit, as long as my actions are not causing harm to others. And every single time a religious scum bag stands in my way and tries to demand that I change to suit their religious beliefs, I will do whatever I can, and scream as loudly as possible, while insulting and offending everything they stand for, to make them back down.

I would dare say that most other gay people are as sick and tired of this BS as I am, and they would do the same.

So, if you want gay people to shut up, YOU shut up. Stop offering your opinions on something you claim is none of your business to start with. Encourage others (especially your religious friends) to shut up about it too. Support genuine equality and we won't have any need to scream and shout about it.

Oh, and comparing sexual and gender freedom to the plight of the Jewish people is both ridiculous and ignorant. It's like saying the Japanese tsunami isn't that bad compared to the great flood. Stupid no?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

No i think the ignorant bigoted aggressive Homophobes like yourself should just leave gay people alone no one is rubbing themselves up against you as you seem to put it.

If you can't handle seeing a gay person act the way they are born then shame on you. there are several variants on how gay people act, some super straight you wouldn't know, or as you would probably put it "flamers". The only person wrong in a situation like that is you. Bestowing your almighty judgement apon someone not hurting you, just acting the way they act. Sounds like you are a Nazi to me.

Try growing up as a gay, trying to act like everyone else only to be singled out as the "faggot" of the grade. Get a life and stick to it, stop trying to dictate everyone else because you "FEEL" as if you don't like something that is not directly effecting you.

Gay people today act the way they do because of the centuries of people like you judging them when the only crime they committed was by being born.

So stop your crusade and pay more attention to your own family because someone in it might be gay but can't tell you because you don't want to hear it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

Why do you feel it is fine to call people homophobes, but get mad when you get called derogitory names?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If anyone wants to refresh their memories on the history of homosexuality prosecution.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.buzzle.com...
civilliberty.about.com...
reflectionsasia.wordpress.com...

Tbh, I'm quite bored of trying to help people understand the reason why there is gay pride, why gay men and women deserve equal rights, that MAYBE being gay is a form of population control when a society no longer has predators.

link   
And The Mother Of The Year Award Goes To:

Many letters have been sent to the Valley News concerning the homosexual menace in Vermont. I am the mother of a gay son and I’ve taken enough from you good people. I’m tired of your foolish rhetoric about the “homosexual agenda” and your allegations that accepting homosexuality is the same thing as advocating sex with children. You are cruel and ignorant. You have been robbing me of the joys of motherhood ever since my children were tiny.

My firstborn son started suffering at the hands of the moral little thugs from your moral, upright families from the time he was in the first grade. He was physically and verbally abused from first grade straight through high school because he was perceived to be gay.

He never professed to be gay or had any association with anything gay, but he had the misfortune not to walk or have gestures like the other boys. He was called “fag” incessantly, starting when he was 6.

In high school, while your children were doing what kids that age should be doing, mine labored over a suicide note, drafting and redrafting it to be sure his family knew how much he loved them. My sobbing 17-year-old tore the heart out of me as he choked out that he just couldn’t bear to continue living any longer, that he didn’t want to be gay and that he couldn’t face a life without dignity.

You have the audacity to talk about protecting families and children from the homosexual menace, while you yourselves tear apart families and drive children to despair. I don’t know why my son is gay, but I do know that God didn’t put him, and millions like him, on this Earth to give you someone to abuse. God gave you brains so that you could think, and it’s about time you started doing that.

At the core of all your misguided beliefs is the belief that this could never happen to you, that there is some kind of subculture out there that people have chosen to join. The fact is that if it can happen to my family, it can happen to yours, and you won’t get to choose. Whether it is genetic or whether something occurs during a critical time of fetal development, I don’t know. I can only tell you with an absolute certainty that it is inborn.

If you want to tout your own morality, you’d best come up with something more substantive than your heterosexuality. You did nothing to earn it; it was given to you. If you disagree, I would be interested in hearing your story, because my own heterosexuality was a blessing I received with no effort whatsoever on my part. It is so woven into the very soul of me that nothing could ever change it. For those of you who reduce sexual orientation to a simple choice, a character issue, a bad habit or something that can be changed by a 10-step program, I’m puzzled. Are you saying that your own sexual orientation is nothing more than something you have chosen, that you could change it at will? If that’s not the case, then why would you suggest that someone else can?

A popular theme in your letters is that Vermont has been infiltrated by outsiders. Both sides of my family have lived in Vermont for generations. I am heart and soul a Vermonter, so I’ll thank you to stop saying that you are speaking for “true Vermonters.”

You invoke the memory of the brave people who have fought on the battlefield for this great country, saying that they didn’t give their lives so that the “homosexual agenda” could tear down the principles they died defending. My 83-year-old father fought in some of the most horrific battles of World War II, was wounded and awarded the Purple Heart.

He shakes his head in sadness at the life his grandson has had to live. He says he fought alongside homosexuals in those battles, that they did their part and bothered no one. One of his best friends in the service was gay, and he never knew it until the end, and when he did find out, it mattered not at all. That wasn’t the measure of the man.

You religious folk just can’t bear the thought that as my son emerges from the hell that was his childhood he might like to find a lifelong companion and have a measure of happiness. It offends your sensibilities that he should request the right to visit that companion in the hospital, to make medical decisions for him or to benefit from tax laws governing inheritance.

How dare he? you say. These outrageous requests would threaten the very existence of your family, would undermine the sanctity of marriage. You use religion to abdicate your responsibility to be thinking human beings. There are vast numbers of religious people who find your attitudes repugnant. God is not for the privileged majority, and God knows my son has committed no sin.

The deep-thinking author of a letter to the April 12 ‘05 Valley News who lectures about homosexual sin and tells us about “those of us who have been blessed with the benefits of a religious upbringing” asks: “What ever happened to the idea of striving . . . to be better human beings than we are?”

Indeed, sir, what ever happened to that?

link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

People can be so mean these days they think just because you choose to be gay or straight they think it's wrong to be gay and that if you choose to be gay that that person will go to hell. i don't think its wrong if a man whats to be with a man and a women wants to be with a women i find nothing wrong with it. we are all of gods children and he loves each and every one of us no matter what. look forward to chatting with you again soon

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Why do you feel it is fine to call people homophobes, but get mad when you get called derogitory names?

People who get called homophobes don't get mad?
Odd.
And, where is your evidence all gay men and women get mad? Or, at least the person you was asking.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Why are you allowed to call people Nazi's but get all offended when someone doesn't agree with you? Or is this the way political correctness has shaped you?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

It is clearly you who are confused, and you continue to demonstrate this confusion. Your insistence that government recognize a marriage is the problem. Why do you need government recognition of a marriage if not for the "legal benefits" you speak of. It ain't about marriage pal, it is about benefits, and if you are talking about government benefits, you are not talking about rights, but privileges. Government should not be in the business of doling out privileges, and would serve the people better by protecting the unalienable rights of people, but there are these damned movements continually attempting to frame issues in terms of what they can get from government beyond what government has any real authority to accomplish.

Politicians love to pander to this crap, and petty tyrants love to create an illusion that they can "give" these benefits, but in reality it is an excuse to aggregate power and disregard the universal and equal rights of all people. Nope, you have not convinced me that you are genuinely concerned about equal rights for all people, just what you can get from government.

Why don't you ever address my valid points and only fall back on the definition of equal rights?

Let's put that aside for the moment, and please answer me this, WHY can the government recognize SOME Christian marriages but not others? Two marriages in a Christian church, 1 gay and 1 straight, would you call them "equal" marriages when 1 is not recognized by the state?

Please show me the benefits that would be afforded gay married couples that would drain the finances of this country? The only one related to money that I can think of would be military family benefits, which.. would indeed be an inequality because straight families are worth paying benefits for, but it's not worth paying for the benefits of a gay family? Even though gay people would be serving the country in the same way.
edit on 3/23/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Good luck on here with this topic.. I was in chat and simply said " a rectum is made for expelling waste" and got banned. ATS is pro gay just like our media, schools and government. It will always be flaunted here, because it is "cool" this day in age.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Why are you allowed to call people Nazi's but get all offended when someone doesn't agree with you? Or is this the way political correctness has shaped you?

I know you were asking someone else, but I don't very much care.

He can call anyone anything he likes.
Just like the person who isn't agreeing is doing the same thing.

You knew that answer yourself.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

There is a difference between stating the obvious and being insulting. One isn't equal to the other.

I can call a person a homophobe because it is a state of being, just as they may be white, or brunette. It's only derogatory because you are saying it is so.
Whereas, calling a gay person a derogatory name is the same as me calling someone a racist name. It's not a state of being, it is a word intended to insult.

That is the difference.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
Gay people don't want a "religious sacred union' they just want a lawfully recognised union, if they happen to be so inclined.

It's been said before but again - you chose to be religious. Gay people didn't choose to be gay and if one happens to 'reform' then they are bisexual.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Garfee because: typo

There is one of the more ignorant statements being thrown around here. There are many gay Christians who believe in the same God as every other Christian, and as Christians shouldn't they be allowed to be married in a church before God like every other Christian?

You do know you can be an atheist, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, Taoist, agnostic and still get married right?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Be real, homophobe is an intended insult. Personally I don't care what words people call me, they are just words. I just find it hypocritical when people complain about name calling, and turn around and do the same thing to the other side.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by voidla

I am sure some people who get homophobes do get upset. The point was complaining about namecalling, then turning around and doing the same thing, is pretty hypocritical no?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by babygirl27

Yes and i look forward to chatting again with you as well. To me it all boils down to fear and love if you choose to be fearful of something that doesn't need to be feared that will eventually lead them down the path of hate and aggression where as love will lead you down the path of compassion. There is no point in hate. We will never move forward as a species as long as people are hating their own kind.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

HAHAHA being gay is not "cool" in this day and age people who are gay have to deal with bigots like you on a daily basis. Being gay is their lifestyle. Are you saying they dont have the God given right to love another being and express their love how they see fit?

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join