It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

So you're comparing homosexuality to nationality?

Are you for real?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I personally find it very cringe-worthy when homosexuality has started dominating the media, with tabloids and TV shows are now publicly making a song and dance of homosexuality.

You pro-gay bigots are all too quick to attack the heterosexuals because you think you are all discriminated against, but the sad, sad truth is... You gays have more rights than straight people. You can have people's lives ruined by pointing the 'hate-crime' card.

You have obviously got what you want, equality and such (fair enough) - but that's not good enough is it?

No longer do you keep it private (like any couple should), but you now have gay pride festivals, tv shows with open-homosexuality and magazines, you have role-models, tv icons and other people all climbing out of the wood-work, to see who can out-gay the other.

Not only that, but it's becoming public, affecting our youth and ruining decent websites.

Our children should not have to see public displays of homosexuality, please keep it to your homes. Thanks.

Dominating? Compared to heterosexuality which is in all characters/adverts/stories/plots on TV?
How are the minor gay characters 'dominating'?

And, what rights do gay people have that straight people don't?

Yes, it is a hate-crime to mentally/physically abuse someone because of who they are, just like if you were mentally/physically abused the person who committed said crime would be prosecuted.

Private? Again, heterosexual couples show PDAs where children are present like in the middle of town, shops, public houses etc.

And god-forbid someone having a role model or TV icon! What is the world coming to when someone finds strength to strive to be a better person in another's work or life.

And how do you mean affecting youth and ruining decent websites?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Be religious all you want, just hush up about it.

Seriously though, religion is one of the leading causes of death on the planet. Quit using superstition to justify bigotry.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

YES!!! but look at the other names there

gays are just like any other oppressed minority on this planet

all are proud of who they are and stand up for themselfs

the words gay and homosexual are used to describe what a person is, so is jew, black, hispanic,christian, disabled person ect..................whats the difference?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

SOOO by that argument the heterosexuals have been extremely open and flaunt it for decades upon the tv in real life everyday. How is it ok for heterosexuals but not homosexuals? Can't have it both ways its far from equal? Care to tell me how many more rights Gays have than heterosexual? Last time i checked they still can't get married legally? Also who are these mythical Gay people coming to all of your childrens schools forcing homosexuality onto your children. Never ceases to amaze me really.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
im pretty sure we hear about all kinds of sexual preference every single day.

ever turn on your radio or television?
edit on 23-3-2011 by thedeadlyrhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by Drezden
The state has absolutely no say in marriage of the same sex because marriage itself isn't a law derived from the state and law, it is derived from the Christian religion and that religion does not acknowledge same sex marriage.

You're joking I hope when you say that marriage is derived from the Christian religion. Marriage has been around a hell of a lot longer than Christianity and it will be around when Christianity is nothing but a footnote in a history book someplace.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
im pretty sure we hear about all kinds of sexual preference every single day.

ever turn on your radio or television?
edit on 23-3-2011 by thedeadlyrhythm because: (no reason given)

You're only 'pretty sure'?

I can easily watch a documentary on China's history with no sexual preference, or learn about space with no sexual preference.
Heck you can even watch sexual education shows with no sexual preference.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
there are only two groups of people who seem to have issues with homosexuals.

the very religious, who should either practice what they preach or keep quiet. I'd rather hear gay people screaming from the roof tops that they gay and proud, than listen to one person spout their religious nonsense, and that goes for all faiths, including my own. Religion should be kept in the home and in places of worship. When the right wing and the religious zealots stop whining about gays being bad, gays will probably stop making a fuss about it because, if you accept them, they have nothing to rant about.

the other group who seem to take issue with the gay community are the folks who simply aren't secure in their own sexuality. I've been approached by a guy, asked out, hit on. It's not my bag but it's still flattering. People who fear homosexuality as a whole, really only fear their own potential for being gay. If a gay couple lives next door to you, are you going to get ill? Is there a risk that their gayness might blow up the neighborhood? No. what might happen is, your neighborhood will look a bit nicer, a bit more diverse.

so, when you start railing against gays (or any other group of people), ask yourself, is it because they offend the religious beliefs that I shouldn't be shouting about anyway or, more likely, is it because deep down, I wonder if, perhaps, I too might feel like they do.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UndisclosedDesire

I think he should seek counceling. it sounds like he has far more problems then just being gay and having people give him crap over it, Did it ever occur to you he is bipolar or has some other mental depression regardless of him being gay? It seems like you blame everyone else for his problems and his being gay has become the scapegoat. Sounds like a lot of woes me bologna.
edit on 23-3-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Your not Jews, you have haven't struggled for 5 thousand years under endless oppression.

Guess how many homosexuals were rounded up and killed during the holocaust? (Hint: a lot.)

There is a reason the homosexual community needs to be vocal about their rights; they are tired of being murdered and being forced to hide their identity. You say there is no problem with homosexuality - SO LONG AS they keep it hidden. That is hate bro.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Gays aren't forcing liberal Anglicans or Unitarians or whatever into accepting gay marriage. They're not forcing conservative priests to perform gay marriages. They are getting married by priests who are comfortable with marrying homosexual couples.

Traditionally, marriage is a union between a man and a woman and a woman and a woman and a woman. When do we get to bring that back?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
That would be fine with me if it's fine with the women and vice versa. (10 men one woman.)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Very good point. Of course they have no reply to that becuase theres no possible way you can dress up hate to make it look like anything other than it truly is which in fact is hate pure and simple. They all just expose themselves for what they truly are. Its sad.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would consider myself ultra libertarian so I wouldn't regulate hardly anything but with that sad I still have my own personal opinions. I'm able to put my opinions aside and think rationally in a sense of freedom and justice and not stand int he way of peoples pursuit of happiness. I'm not some religious nut but I do believe being gay goes against creation and anyone who's gay should not be able to adopt children because you've chosen to not follow the path of creating a family. Which leaves the final point on the table, why on earth get married if you can't have a family?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

It never left here in Utah. Google Hildale or Colorado City or Rocky Ridge or... Well, there's lots of polygamists here in Utah. Polygamy is a felony in all 50 states by the way, They get a pass in Utah due to religious preference.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Why on earth get married at all? I never really understood it, spending a crapload of money, on a big fancy wedding. Better off using that money to put a down payment on a house or something practical if you ask me

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

Well I think That they should just leave people alone and if that person chooses to become gay then theres nothing they can really say about it. I think it should be up to the two people that really wants to be happy together. Then that should be left up to them and not what other people should say about them. i really don't see the big problem on being gay is. It don't make me turn my head the other way and say stuff about them if you truly thank it's going to be a problem then that person should confront them to there faces and not behind there backs. like i said before theres nothing really wrong with being gay. In fact i'm happy for who ever wants to be gay. i hope you have a good day

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

well unfortunatly you left the site and wont comment.............ok

i just hope you see how bad you sounded when you posted earlyer, if everybody would try to think before they speak this would be a wonderfull world

gay people just want to be acceppted, thats why they ROAR!! you dont like it, dont listen, change the channel, walk away.............which is what you did

be safe people

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Really? It's fine for me to have a dozen wives, as long as they consent, but I can't throw one consenting husband in there? You must really dislike homosexuality, more than any other sexual deviation (deviation=different from the 'norm')

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join